A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

That pretty much means that any patches that are made will have to be constantly updated or the Merge script will need to keep track of which formids were changed. I think that kind of thing really should be added because it would solve the entire thing where patches do quite work if a merged plugin is mastered because its very easy for the formIDs to be different even though the same mods are being merged. This also applies to weapon and armor mods that are merged. I'll almost guarantee that the FormIDs will change causing you to loose all of the weapons and armors that you have acquired.

I saw you merged Jk's cities on Nexus forum. Did you simply use merging script without (Uncheck) "Renumber Form ID"? Thanks.

I've been using Mator's 1.8.7 beta script for the merges which allows me to only renumber conflicting Form IDs. I keep the load order the same for each merge. Any new towns I'll add to the bottom to make prior patching easier. Also all versions will share the same esp name in future releases. JK still has a few towns to go so I think anyone planning on doing some patching should probably wait as this is still a work in progress :)

• +1 1

I've been using Mator's 1.8.7 beta script for the merges which allows me to only renumber conflicting Form IDs. I keep the load order the same for each merge. Any new towns I'll add to the bottom to make prior patching easier. Also all versions will share the same esp name in future releases. JK still has a few towns to go so I think anyone planning on doing some patching should probably wait as this is still a work in progress :)

Will need to try the beta script. Thanks again.

Great guide, excellent and really impressive work guys! 

Couple of questions/suggestions if you don't mind:

1. Better Fast Travel - Carriages and Ships - Overhauled - any particular reason for Loose Files and not BSA?

2. Moon and Star - worth changing the note for STEP MO users to move the mod to the beginning of Conflicting Graphics section, as The Skyrim Distance Overhaul mod is one of the first conflicting mods STEP users install

3. Do you know if Moonpath to Elsweyer is compatible with REGS? (According to mod description the quest starts at Falkreath Inn)

Thanks

BFT, I think its up to taste but people that use SRLE it is because to use loose because of potential incorrect conflict winners. If you use STEP then you can use .bsa

moon and star has lod (.bto?)that I think that needs to be present, not 100% sure about the lod textures though.

moonpath is compatible to my knowledge. The only thing you need is ELFX patch that is in the ELFX installer, if you use it of course

If you get to looking and could tell me that'd be cool. I'll just do them off the cusp for now. I remember I had an issue when I first tried doing ETaC.

This is from my ETAC & REGS merged patch

ETaC - REGS Patch - MERGED.esp

ETaC - Better Dynamic Snow Patch.esp

ETaC - Complete BFT Patch.esp

ETaC - Complete CRF Patch.esp

ETaC - Darkwater Crossing ELFX Patch.esp

ETaC - Dawnstar ELFX Patch.esp

ETaC - Dragon Bridge ELFX Patch.esp

ETaC - Falkreath ELFX Patch.esp

ETaC - Ivarstead ELFX Patch.esp

ETaC - Karthwasten ELFX Patch.esp

ETaC - Kynesgrove ELFX Patch.esp

ETaC - Morthal ELFX Patch.esp

ETaC - Riverwood ELFX Patch.esp

ETaC - Rorikstead ELFX Patch.esp

ETaC - Shors Stone ELFX Patch.esp

ETaC - Stonehills ELFX Patch.esp

ETaC - Winterhold ELFX Patch.esp

ETaC - Complete EWDR Patch.esp

ETaC - Winterhold NoSnow Patch.esp

ETaC - Dawnstar NoSnow Patch.esp

ETaC - Morthal NoSnow Patch.esp

ETaC - Stonehills NoSnow Patch.esp

ETaC - Complete ORS Patch.esp

ETaC - Complete WC Holidays Patch.esp

ETaC - Whiterun Ext CRF Patch.esp

ETaC - Whiterun Ext ELFX Patch.esp

REGS Patch - 3DNPC.esp

REGS Patch - NSutR + RRR.esp

REGS Patch - Riften NavFull.esp

REGS Patch - STEP Extended.esp

Great guide, excellent and really impressive work guys! 

Couple of questions/suggestions if you don't mind:

1. Better Fast Travel - Carriages and Ships - Overhauled - any particular reason for Loose Files and not BSA?

2. Moon and Star - worth changing the note for STEP MO users to move the mod to the beginning of Conflicting Graphics section, as The Skyrim Distance Overhaul mod is one of the first conflicting mods STEP users install

3. Do you know if Moonpath to Elsweyer is compatible with REGS? (According to mod description the quest starts at Falkreath Inn)

Thanks

1. I don't remember why, CJ put that instruction there so it was probably for good reason. Perhaps to ensure none of the files get potentially overwritten by another mod, although ETaC has a patch for BFT so idk.

2. Well we have always intended to keep as many of the REGS mod below the STEP/SRLE mods in the MO installation order. This I find makes it easier to keep the overview simplified and organized. Personally I simply hide/delete the conflicting files and don't move any mods around in the installation order.

3. Yes, we considered adding Moonpath last year during one of the earlier REGS versions, but if memory serves me right (sometimes it doesn't) I think CJ found that Moonpath had some issues somewhere. Maybe it was a navmesh conflict in the Dead Man's Drink or with the quality of the mod itself, I think he (partially) played through it as some point. Although ETaC has a patch for Moonpath now so perhaps it's ok to use. You could use the conflict filter in tes5edit and check if there is a navmesh conflict (other than with ETaC) with another mod. If there's no navmesh conflict it should be pretty safe to use.

Like I said in an earlier post, I hope we can get together at some point again and revise REGS a little bit. That said, I am still abroad and have no access to any half-decent gaming rig so I can';t test anything myself right not :(