YouHungerHardcore-INPC-Patch.esp

Patch - Inconsequential NPCs - RS kids.esp

Patch - Interesting NPCs - RS kids.esp

RealShelter_ETCPatch.esp

RealShelterJKWH.esp

RealShelterJKWR.esp

ETaC-Atlas Patch.esp

ETaC - BOYD NPC Fix

@Daagar:  Yeah, sometimes I think it's more trouble than it's worth but it's hard to lose some mods once you get used to them.  A lot of those mods don't update often, if ever, so it hasn't been a problem.  The main ones you don't want to remerge are weapon and armor mods since I renumbered the form IDs and remerging changes them ( at least I have had some naked npcs after remerging them and I think that's the cause ).  To keep it simple I have a profile in MO with just vanilla, masters, and whatever MEGA I'm remerging.  I have copied all of the merged esps into seperate folders ( ie MEGA1 Folder ), set it to hidden in the original folder and can easily activate/deactivate the mods when I need to.  Saves me a ton of time.

No.  I always rerun tes5edit and check for errors after a merge.  I'm using JK's overhauls now instead of ETAC so I don't know if it will work with the newest version of the merge script ( I'm using 1.8 ) but I don't see why it would be a problem.  If I remember right Jenna said not to renumber form IDs with the patches ( but do renumber them with the Immersive Settlements Whiterun, Orc Settlements and Raven Rock ) but I might be wrong, it was a while ago that Craig asked in the forum.

Are all of the Masters really listed as masters?  I have had a problem with merging some patches when the patch changes something but doesn't have the mod as a master.  When you load the patches into t5e it doesn't load the original mod and you'll get errors ( WAF and CCOR patches have caused this problem, such as when merging Immersive Sounds - Aural ).  You just have to be sure to load the main mod into t5e as well.  I don't remember this being the case with the etac patches but it has been a while since I made the patch.  She's updated since then as well so that might be why it worked before.  I was holding off until a new major update came out, as opposed to just the houses being closed, so I haven't dled the newest one or tried merging it at all ( 13.3.1 was the last I did and it worked great for me ).

Also, when you check for errors are you going into the mp to see what the problem actually is?  The output is a little cryptic but it's not too hard to figure out ( ARMO for Armors, etc.. ).  Just look the the section indicator and the Form ID listed in the line.  Track it down and you can see what the problem is.  Sometimes it's a simple matter of loading the patches into t5e, the mp at the end of it all, checking for errors and then going into the mp where that error points to.  Since you loaded the original patches they will show up as well and you can see what, exactly, is failing to load correctly.  You can then either drag the original edit from the original mod, not from the patch but from the original mod, save it and that works more often than you would think ( scripts are often fixed this way.  I have no idea why they don't just copy over the first time ( though it's often from the problem I was describing in the previous post ) ).  If that doesn't work then you at least know the guilty patch and you can just leave it out of the merge and decide if you even need it at all or if it's worth losing the extra esp slot for.

I hope this helps.

Yes, it is beta.  I just switched to it though and was using 1.75, at most, when I last did the etac merge.

The latest beta is 1.8.8 and it's rock solid with more functionality than 1.75 :)

Mator will be releasing the new version very shortly.

Edit* Mator put out a new script last night. 1.8.9 beta. This is probably the last beta before public release.

Edited by Teabag86
  • +1 1

Seems JK released both Morthal and Falkreath recently. I am so impressed by his overall approach! The towns and cities just feel so well done... Like a truly better version of Vanilla Skyrim locations. IMO it's becoming a serious contender for ETaC now, although it lacks some of the compatibility patches that MJB or other others provide for ETaC

No. I always rerun tes5edit and check for errors after a merge. I'm using JK's overhauls now instead of ETAC so I don't know if it will work with the newest version of the merge script ( I'm using 1.8 ) but I don't see why it would be a problem. If I remember right Jenna said not to renumber form IDs with the patches ( but do renumber them with the Immersive Settlements Whiterun, Orc Settlements and Raven Rock ) but I might be wrong, it was a while ago that Craig asked in the forum.

- Can you share your setup with JK's?

- Do you still use some part of ETaC?

- Any additional compatibilily patches needed?

Do you guys have any list of which town affected by which quest that need patching? Or town that doesn't need patching may be easier.

I am planning to use mixed between JK's and ETaC modular. Patching may be a pain.

Edited by darkside

Seems JK released both Morthal and Falkreath recently. I am so impressed by his overall approach! The towns and cities just feel so well done... Like a truly better version of Vanilla Skyrim locations. IMO it's becoming a serious contender for ETaC now, although it lacks some of the compatibility patches that MJB or other others provide for ETaC

Hey Nearox, I'm doing all the merges for JKs Skyrim. Once you finalise which JK cities you wish to use I can post a REGS version to simplify things. JK still has one or two towns to go. But who knows, he may still keep going. Cheers