A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

Nah, just makes it more confusing because there are so many worthwhile options. I like REGS because someone is clearly stating "DO THIS" - I don't have to choose :) Same reason I love STEP and SR:LE - groups of folks have helpfully found magic combos.

Great work with the JK stuff though, teabag. Choices are good. I think. 

Hey,

Can anyone tell me which mod is responsible for adding two tents and a cooking spit to the entrance of Riverwood?

I started a new game and for some reason they're not there. Just the campfire.

It's vanilla. They don't appear until after you have told Balgruuf about Helgen and then Irileth assigns some guards to protect Riverwood. The location you mention is where they setup camp.

Nah, just makes it more confusing because there are so many worthwhile options. I like REGS because someone is clearly stating "DO THIS" - I don't have to choose :) Same reason I love STEP and SR:LE - groups of folks have helpfully found magic combos.

Great work with the JK stuff though, teabag. Choices are good. I think. 

Daaggar, you are absolutely right about REGS and the choices / direction . Being a guide I sometimes have a more flexible approach. That said I could post a REGS version on JKs Skyrim. Perhaps if someone wants to let me know what is best? Currently I think it is the major cities bar Riften without Whiterun Outskirts. Any changes / suggestions? Cheers.

I use WAO - Weather and Ambience Overhaul. Great mod that combines weather, sounds and lighting mods. The mega patch has been meticulously crafted so all mods work together seamlessly - quite incredible that you get the best of all worlds in this one. There are a number of lighting options available depending on your preference, plus some specific combinations. It will save quite a few patches in your load order as well! The author is about to add a Pure Weathers version in the coming days.

Sorry to quote your old post. I have a few questions.

1) Are you using it with Vividian ENB without the esp?

2) Which sun texture do you use?

3) Do you use Earthquake mod?

4) Any alternative to night sky in the WAO recommendation?

Thanks.

Edited by darkside

I also use WAO... 

1. yes but I do use the esps and do some minor patching then merge

2. I use the no sun one from Vividian, its just a black texture. The ENB sun removes the need for a facked sun

3. I dont but I do remember it from WAY back though.

4. I would use the one that is recommended because it is really good but you can use any other them

5?. its merge friendly :D 

there are a few errors in vanilla records that make things difficult

• +1 1

Sorry to quote your old post. I have a few questions.

1) Are you using it with Vividian ENB without the esp?

2) Which sun texture do you use?

4) Any alternative to night sky in the WAO recommendation?

Thanks.

I do a strict WAO install. Mainly because I helped with beta testing and like to keep things tight. Plus I haven't been bothered to go back in and tweak things because I liked what I saw and heard.

1. No

2. The one recommended by WAO

3. No, but sounds interesting

4. Not sure whether you mean textures or darkness. Pure Weather - which is part of WAO - has a fantastic variable darkness depending on the weather. Clear night skies is almost as light as vanilla. Overcast nights are pitch black and will give your Wearable Lanterns a full workout!

4a. If you mean textures you can change them to suit your taste. Just be careful with the clouds and the rain because I believe UnmeiX links these specifically in the WAO mega patch.

5. As Hishy says - easily mergable.

Cheers

• +1 1

I used to use Earthquake. Although it seemed like fun, the Earthquake mod causes all havok objects to be moved from their placed positions, and all of that has to be recorded in your game save file. It also can make a complete mess of your player home. Oh, and every now and then, it would get stuck in earthquake mode, solved by loading my last save.

But despite all that, it was pretty fun.

• +1 1

There are now a few versions of JKs Skyrim, splitting the towns and cities for more compatibility. Should make things a bit easier. Cheers

I saw you merged Jk's cities on Nexus forum. Did you simply use merging script without (Uncheck) "Renumber Form ID"? Thanks.

Edited by darkside