Skyrim Memory patch 3.0

Aiyen

I'm sad to report that I still get the occasional crash, although much less than before. Often it doesn't crash for 2-3 hours, but sometimes it'll crash every 20-30minutes. Using full SR:LE install as of 3 days ago with no other mod additions or modifications. Tested with only neo's dll (and enabling steam) as well as with neo's dll + my compiled skse_loader.exe (thus disabling steam). Both have the same result. 

Sheson, upon your request in the OP @ enbdev I also posted a minidump there. If anyone could take a look at it, would be much appreciated.

Link to post: https://enbseries.enbdev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=45959#p45959

Vmmap at time of crash (using 384mb for memblock1 as it appears there's still plenty of space left):

Posted Image

SKSE minidump

Instant Online Crash Analysis, brought to you by OSR Open Systems Resources, Inc.

Show DivPrimary Analysis

Crash Dump Analysis provided by OSR Open Systems Resources, Inc. (https://www.osr.com)

Online Crash Dump Analysis Service

See https://www.osronline.com for more information

Windows 7 Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (4 procs) Free x86 compatible

Product: WinNt, suite: SingleUserTS

kernel32.dll version: 6.1.7601.18229 (win7sp1_gdr.130801-1533)

Machine Name:

Debug session time: Wed Jan 22 08:19:51.000 2014 (UTC - 5:00)

System Uptime: not available

Process Uptime: 0 days 0:04:28.000

Kernel time: 0 days 0:00:32.000

User time: 0 days 0:04:51.000

TRIAGER: Could not open triage file : e:\dump_analysis\program\triage\oca.ini, error 2

TRIAGER: Could not open triage file : e:\dump_analysis\program\winxp\triage.ini, error 2

TRIAGER: Could not open triage file : e:\dump_analysis\program\triage\user.ini, error 2

*                        Exception Analysis                                   *

TRIAGER: Could not open triage file : e:\dump_analysis\program\triage\guids.ini, error 2

Unable to load image C:\Skyrim\sweetfx_d3d9.dll, Win32 error 0n2

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for sweetfx_d3d9.dll

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for sweetfx_d3d9.dll

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for d3d9.dll

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for d3d9.dll

Unable to load image C:\Windows\assembly\NativeImages_v4.0.30319_32\mscorlib\045c9588954c3662d542b53f4462268b\mscorlib.ni.dll, Win32 error 0n2

*** WARNING: Unable to verify checksum for mscorlib.ni.dll

Unable to load image C:\Skyrim Tools\SPM\EasyHook32.dll, Win32 error 0n2

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for EasyHook32.dll

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for EasyHook32.dll

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for XAudio2_6.dll

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atiumdag.dll

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atiumdag.dll

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atiumdva.dll

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atiumdva.dll

TRIAGER: Could not open triage file : e:\dump_analysis\program\triage\modclass.ini, error 2

FAULTING_IP:

KERNELBASE!RaiseException+58

751dc41f c9              leave

EXCEPTION_RECORD:  ffffffff -- (.exr 0xffffffffffffffff)

ExceptionAddress: 751dc41f (KERNELBASE!RaiseException+0x00000058)

ExceptionCode: e06d7363 (C++ EH exception)

ExceptionFlags: 00000001

NumberParameters: 3

Parameter[0]: 19930520

Parameter[1]: 0e83fac0

Parameter[2]: 01238294

unable to find C-Runtime symbols, even with unqualified search

PROCESS_NAME:  TESV.exe

ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xe06d7363 -

EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xe06d7363 -

EXCEPTION_PARAMETER1:  19930520

EXCEPTION_PARAMETER2:  0e83fac0

EXCEPTION_PARAMETER3:  01238294

CHKIMG_EXTENSION: !chkimg -lo 50 -d !KERNELBASE

751dc428-751dc42c  5 bytes - KERNELBASE!CloseHandle

[ 8b ff 55 8b ec:e9 b3 19 b7 e1 ]

5 errors : !KERNELBASE (751dc428-751dc42c)

MANAGED_STACK: !dumpstack -EE

No export dumpstack found

FAULTING_THREAD:  000009b4

ADDITIONAL_DEBUG_TEXT:  Followup set based on attribute [is_ChosenCrashFollowupThread] from Frame:[0] on thread:[PSEUDO_THREAD]

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER:  from 00f59bf2 to 751dc41f

BUGCHECK_STR:  APPLICATION_FAULT_WRONG_SYMBOLS_MEMORY_CORRUPTION_PATCH_NOSOS

PRIMARY_PROBLEM_CLASS:  WRONG_SYMBOLS_MEMORY_CORRUPTION_PATCH_NOSOS

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  WRONG_SYMBOLS_MEMORY_CORRUPTION_PATCH_NOSOS

STACK_TEXT: 

00000000 00000000 memory_corruption!KERNELBASE+0x0

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX:  0

SYMBOL_NAME:  memory_corruption!KERNELBASE

FOLLOWUP_NAME:  MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: memory_corruption

IMAGE_NAME:  memory_corruption

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP:  0

STACK_COMMAND:  ** Pseudo Context ** ; kb

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  WRONG_SYMBOLS_MEMORY_CORRUPTION_PATCH_NOSOS_e06d7363_memory_corruption!KERNELBASE

BUCKET_ID:  APPLICATION_FAULT_WRONG_SYMBOLS_MEMORY_CORRUPTION_PATCH_NOSOS_memory_corruption!KERNELBASE

WATSON_STAGEONE_URL:  https://watson.microsoft.com/StageOne/TESV_exe/1_9_32_0/51437ce5/KERNELBASE_dll/6_1_7601_18229/51fb1116/e06d7363/0000c41f.htm?Retriage=1

Followup: MachineOwner

My VRAM limit (2GB) is never reached, usually it's around 1500-1600mb. ENBoost is on. The crashes happen most frequently around Riverwood and Falkreath, in particular when crossing cells borders("tb") but not exclusively. 

A bit of background: I have never been able to use ENBoost successfully. At default settings it made my system stutter when looking anywhere except at the ground. With ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=false the stuttering was gone, but it clearly introduced its own CTDs. No amount of VideoMemorySizeMb or even ReservedMemorySizeMb tweaking changed it.

But I was thoroughly surprised that, given the positive feedback, I was utterly unable to run this mempatch along with ENBoost at all! The game simply won't start (couldn't even get to the title screen). Fiddling with MemBlock2 didn't help. But removing ENBoost did!

I was under the impression that ENBoost was a prerequisite.

I have a 1 Gb VRAM card and 8 Gb of RAM on Win7x64, by the way. And have long abandoned the ambition to run 2K+ texture packs. All I am looking for is increased stability (my CTDs were very like the cell transition ones mempatch promised to cure).

A bit of background: I have never been able to use ENBoost successfully. At default settings it made my system stutter when looking anywhere except at the ground. With ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=false the stuttering was gone, but it clearly introduced its own CTDs. No amount of VideoMemorySizeMb or even ReservedMemorySizeMb tweaking changed it.

But I was thoroughly surprised that, given the positive feedback, I was utterly unable to run this mempatch along with ENBoost at all! The game simply won't start (couldn't even get to the title screen). Fiddling with MemBlock2 didn't help. But removing ENBoost did!

I was under the impression that ENBoost was a prerequisite.

I have a 1 Gb VRAM card and 8 Gb of RAM on Win7x64, by the way. And have long abandoned the ambition to run 2K+ texture packs. All I am looking for is increased stability (my CTDs were very like the cell transition ones mempatch promised to cure).

Are you saying it works for you (i.e. stable game) without ENBoost? I'm beginning to think ENBoost could be an issue on my system as well, een though it is listed as a prerequisite.

Maybe you guys have noticed this but I'll report it anyway.

The original skse_steam_loader.dll is 114KB in size, so if you're adding code to it then compile it, it should be larger size, no?

If you compile the dll using VS2010 with no updates or service pack, the dll size is 107KB , witch is odd because you added code so it should be larger then 114KB .

If you compile the dll using VS2010 with service pack and all updates, the dll size is 108KB , witch is still odd because you added code so it should be larger then 114KB.

Also, when you compile using VS2010, if you look at the output log it shows:

========== Build: 2 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Now, "PurpleLaunchBox" said "SKSE only supports building on VS2008 due to a language change from C++11." in the following post:

https://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1478879-wipz-skyrim-script-extender-skse/?p=23273343

So I went ahead and downloaded VS2008 90Trial from here:

https://download.microsoft.com/download/8/1/d/81d3f35e-fa03-485b-953b-ff952e402520/VS2008ProEdition90dayTrialENUX1435622.iso

Now when I compile the dll using VS2008 with service pack and all updates, the dll size is 122KB. It is now larger then the original dll since i've added code to it, witch makes sense.

Also, when you compile using VS2008, if you look at the output log it shows:

========== Build: 3 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

So.. I say it's better to compile the dll using VS2008.

For my version I fixed the error message and it builds with success. My DLL size is 108KB and I've had no issues with the patch...  perhaps VS2010 is just more efficient at optimization.

Those having trouble with ENBoost should be certain to use the correct INI version for your GPU and VRAM capacity. As a test, abandon your standard ENB, and use only the barebones ENBoost with UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true.

Also, playing without Steam could be introducing unknown behavior, so try with Steam configured properly as another trial run.

Lastly, CTDs and ILSs will still be a problem if there are any mod issues or incompatibilities, so this is a likely possibility. Try using MO and set up a different modding profile with, say, STEP:Core as a base just to rule out this possibility (or even a vanilla setup would rule out mod problems).

@hellianos

FPS limiter applies if you have a higher-end GPU and often run at and below 60+ FPS with vysync enabled. (correction) Microstutter occurs as a result of frame asyncronization with the monitor refresh rate. Limiting, keeps the frame rate below refresh (instead of going over/under all the time), and vsync with tripple buffering resolves the async issues. See the Display section of the new STEP guide (under construction!) for a quickref on some recommended settings for your card if this applies to you. https://wiki.step-project.com/STEP:2.2.8

Not sure if this is repetitive or informative, but I'm running Skyrim with an R9 290 4GB card with Xtreme step (like, literally the highest res textures possible for every single mod, no optimizing, no ddsopt, etc. I'm evening running Skyrim Flora Overhaul 4K Pines (which no one here uses I dont think except me)) with Prod's Serenity ENB 045. I played a few hours today. Ran, fast traveled across the entire map multiple times and had no ILS or CTD. Even ran into some combat situations. Just note, I'm combining this patch with Safety Load 1.1. I just wanted to give my experience. Resolution is 1080p btw.

The funny thing is, after all these unsuccessful attempts at running mempatch, ENBoost stopped working for me altogether, with exactly the same symptoms. The game won't load at all. So there's definitely something fishy about ENBoost, I just can't figure out what broke it. The inis are out-of-the-box and appropriate, so there's nothing wrong here.

P.S. And I'm running a proper Steam version.

Those having trouble with ENBoost should be certain to use the correct INI version for your GPU and VRAM capacity. As a test' date=' abandon your standard ENB, and use only the barebones ENBoost with [i']UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true[/i].

We can direct people to the ENB guide for ENBoost now. I did a a little quiskstart guide with pictures.

It is under the ENB section, don't know how to link to a section in a tab.

https://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:ENB#tab=Quickstart

The funny thing is, after all these unsuccessful attempts at running mempatch, ENBoost stopped working for me altogether, with exactly the same symptoms. The game won't load at all. So there's definitely something fishy about ENBoost, I just can't figure out what broke it. The inis are out-of-the-box and appropriate, so there's nothing wrong here.

P.S. And I'm running a proper Steam version.

No, nothing 'fishy' about ENBoost at all :lol:

Your issue lies elsewhere, no doubt. Again, set up a vanilla profile under MO and be certain to use a clean Skyrim install (see the STEP Guides on the wiki). Then follow SRB's link above.

It is under the ENB section, don't know how to link to a section in a tab.

https://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:ENB#tab=Quickstart

When I asked about this s4n said you can't link to a subsection within a tab.
Correct. the one downside to Headertabs.
I'll split off the ENBoost stuff somehow now that this memory patch looks so promising and many users will just want ENBoost. That will make the whole thing much more user friendly. It'll be done by tonight.

Maybe you guys have noticed this but I'll report it anyway.

The original skse_steam_loader.dll is 114KB in size, so if you're adding code to it then compile it, it should be larger size, no?

If you compile the dll using VS2010 with no updates or service pack, the dll size is 107KB , witch is odd because you added code so it should be larger then 114KB .

If you compile the dll using VS2010 with service pack and all updates, the dll size is 108KB , witch is still odd because you added code so it should be larger then 114KB.

Also, when you compile using VS2010, if you look at the output log it shows:

========== Build: 2 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Now, "PurpleLaunchBox" said "SKSE only supports building on VS2008 due to a language change from C++11." in the following post:

https://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1478879-wipz-skyrim-script-extender-skse/?p=23273343

So I went ahead and downloaded VS2008 90Trial from here:

https://download.microsoft.com/download/8/1/d/81d3f35e-fa03-485b-953b-ff952e402520/VS2008ProEdition90dayTrialENUX1435622.iso

Now when I compile the dll using VS2008 with service pack and all updates, the dll size is 122KB. It is now larger then the original dll since i've added code to it, witch makes sense.

Also, when you compile using VS2008, if you look at the output log it shows:

========== Build: 3 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

So.. I say it's better to compile the dll using VS2008.

For my version I fixed the error message and it builds with success. My DLL size is 108KB and I've had no issues with the patch...  perhaps VS2010 is just more efficient at optimization.
I also had no issues with the 108KB dll but the guys from SKSE said "SKSE only supports building on VS2008" so... I donno..I kinda believe they know what they are talking about since they made the mod.

Anyway how did you fix the error message on VS2010?