Skyrim Memory patch 3.0

Aiyen

Yup am finding loading times longer too (sticking with 512/256mb setup) but if it means a more stable game then seems to me to be a good tradeoff, in my case could be something simple like my enb local ini file as I haven't really had time to test out different settings yet

Using this on my low-end rig with no problems. Using default 5 ugrids and default memblocks of 512 and 256. Not really sure if it's helping any, however, as I only have 4GB of RAM, but it doesn't seem to be hurting anything either. Haven't experienced a crash since, but I've only played for about 2 hours, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I normally crash eventually as my hardware is old, and I doubt this patch is going to remedy that.

I'm playing with 4gb as well and have notice improvement in my game play. The first thing I noticed was that when I got to save a game I no longer have the stuttering/pausing in the save menu. I can immediately select save and it saves. The next thing is I can move around Skyrim without freezing periodically. Lastly, I can usually play around 2 hours before ctd, I played for 6 hours and exited my game normally.

I playing on an older rig with 4gb ram and an E8400 Wolfdale clocked at 3.6 (yeah a dual core) and a Geforce GTX 660 with 2gb. I play with a custom high resolution texture pack, Frostfall, Vilja, Interesting NPCs, and another 140-odd mods from STEP. I alos use an ENB preset and ENBhost. Windows 7 Home Premium x64.

I do not play with a changed Ugrids. My texture packs are 2k with 1k normals where possible. I don't use any resource monitors, so I don't have any hard numbers to back up anything, only my experience of playing Skyrim before and after this patch and the difference is night and day for me. Thank you sheson!

EDIT: Im using the patched loader that WilliamImm posted (thanks) so I'm not sure what setting were used for the memory blocks.

Also, thank you Boris Vorontsov, and the SKSE team! If you think about it, the way all these pieces come together and improve this game time after time... This is one great community!

DoYouEvenModBro Wrote

'DoYouEvenModBro''64112''1390334495'Is it normal for Skyrim to take a longer than usual amount of time to start with this launcher?

Any memory patch dll shouldn't cause noticeable delays. ENB does though when you have lots of effects. The shaders are compiled and loaded into the graphics card.

However, I am not sure if it still does that if UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true ?

Any .fx file that comes with ENB and is not needed can be deleted and possibly reduce starting times.

Even if some ENB graphics effects are used but the bloom effect is turned off the enbbloom.fx can be deleted for example.

If you really know what you are doing you can even remove not needed parts from certain .fx files if for example only one of 5 presets is used. 

Obviously this all depends on the ENB used.

Sheson

A good test case for this is to do an intro Helgen run with heavily modded game. I have never succeeded in this previously and there was always a crash at some point, most notably when entering the keep with either of the two guys. With MemPatch enabled I was able to do full into up to the point when we exit the cave and Alduin flies away. I'm in the process of setting up all the mods now and will continue to Riverwood and then to Whiterun, as crashes are likely to happen during that run. There are a few sweet spots, i.e. 2 wolves before R'wood or a giant fight on Pelagia's farm etc.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

EDIT

By fully modded game I understand 184 active plugins + the textures, models etc.

Here to report that my ancient savegame with over 350 hours on it, that has even seen and lost warzones at some point, used to not even be able to load it. Ugrids to 7 and playable without any ctd or freeze or ILS with the default shesen setting of 512 and 256 for the memblocks. Did the skyrim city tour and what used to give me an ILS on even vanilla skyrim, the dreaded solsthiem to windhelm ils, is finally gone. This patch is amazing.

Yes it's a less official style of reporting, but I sat in the middle of a 30 soldier fight spawned by Immersive Patrols and Populated Civil War that moved across the Pale for 10 mins. I've never been able to pull something like that off with nearly 180 mods rolling before. Wow.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Using this on my low-end rig with no problems. Using default 5 ugrids and default memblocks of 512 and 256. Not really sure if it's helping any' date=' however, as I only have 4GB of RAM, but it doesn't seem to be hurting anything either. Haven't experienced a crash since, but I've only played for about 2 hours, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I normally crash eventually as my hardware is old, and I doubt this patch is going to remedy that.[/quote']

See my previous post on testing with rigs like yours. It would be valuable for us to get the right info for similar users that follow STEP.

My bet is that it will help ... but ENBoost must be used as well to gain full benefit (yes, even 32-bit OS).

I'm playing with 4gb as well and have notice improvement in my game play. The first thing I noticed was that when I got to save a game I no longer have the stuttering/pausing in the save menu. I can immediately select save and it saves. The next thing is I can move around Skyrim without freezing periodically. Lastly' date=' I can usually play around 2 hours before ctd, I played for 6 hours and exited my game normally.

I playing on an older rig with 4gb ram and an E8400 Wolfdale clocked at 3.6 (yeah a dual core) and a Geforce GTX 660 with 2gb. I play with a custom high resolution texture pack, Frostfall, Vilja, Interesting NPCs, and another 140-odd mods from STEP. I alos use an ENB preset and ENBhost. Windows 7 Home Premium x64.

I do not play with a changed Ugrids. My texture packs are 2k with 1k normals where possible. I don't use any resource monitors, so I don't have any hard numbers to back up anything, only my experience of playing Skyrim before and after this patch and the difference is night and day for me. Thank you sheson!

EDIT: Im using the patched loader that WilliamImm posted (thanks) so I'm not sure what setting were used for the memory blocks.

Also, thank you Boris Vorontsov, and the SKSE team! If you think about it, the way all these pieces come together and improve this game time after time... This is one great community![/quote']

Good info.

Is this a 32-bit architecture??

So basically I should be able to run ugrids 7 or 9 with absolutely no problem with this patch right? And I mean along with a step 2.2.7 install.

As long as you follow the guide and properly create the Bashed Patch and have no mod issues, yes.

Requirements:

• CellStabilizer (Stable uGrids)
  • ENBoost (ONLY the following needed):

• d3d9.dll
  • enbhost.exe
  • enblocal.ini (ignore all other settings, they have no effect)

• UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true
  • FPSLimit=42.0 (optional)
[*]sheson's patch (recommend Neo's version in the OP for now)

Please report back how much RAM and VRAM you have (and CPU/GPU brand/architecture) as well as if there is any difference you notice during play. Load times (game startup, indoor/outdoor transitions) will be increased due to enbhost process memory manager and increased asset load time, but it is well worth it.

snip/

/snip

Good info.

Is this a 32-bit architecture??

Don't think so.