aMidianBorn Caves and Mines (by CaBaL)

kryptopyr

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

poll deleted because not showing names of voters still keeping right numbers ? with a mod on 80% and other on 7%?

:)

i can bet my last 10 grams of tobacco that results will be different this time...is not easier to just exclude some mods from poll?

parallel universe.... such a puzzle....

poll deleted because not showing names of voters still keeping right numbers ? with a mod on 80% and other on 7%?

:)

i can bet my last 10 grams of tobacco that results will be different this time...is not easier to just exclude some mods from poll?

parallel universe.... such a puzzle....

We added the vanilla option, and voters for aMB were all showing under BoS under details; although the % results were still accurate.

I think aMB will still win out in votes, but expect more vanilla votes this time around. If you have updated your mod recently, we should probably get some new screens.

I actually like this mod, but I have to say that it is a bit of a stretch from vanilla. We will definitely be considering it for an official Pack though.

i'm sure we'll see scenes like godzilla vs king kong movies , but with people running to vote for vanilla and not to save their life.

i'm really sorry...but i do not see much balance....from reviews to some decisions on this mod ....from day 1.

see Z ...are this kind of sentence that i do not understand :

"I actually like this mod, but I have to say that it is a bit of a stretch from vanilla. We will definitely be considering it for an official Pack though."

sounds like you already know results and will re-do polls untill results are the ones you know.

maybe i'm wrong but this is the impression

let's remove the tree from the roots (bloody rooooots...sorry but to quote sepultura is almost authomatic for me...lol)

do not add amb to any poll... there's already a texture pack and decisions taken ..use it and no more problem...

i'm sure we'll see scenes like godzilla vs king kong movies , but with people running to vote for vanilla and not to save their life.

i'm really sorry...but i do not see much balance....from reviews to some decisions on this mod ....from day 1.

see Z ...are this kind of sentence that i do not understand :

"I actually like this mod, but I have to say that it is a bit of a stretch from vanilla. We will definitely be considering it for an official Pack though."

sounds like you already know results and will re-do polls untill results are the ones you know.

maybe i'm wrong but this is the impression

I agree with you there. I personally do not think that this mod qualifies for STEP:Core; therefore, it can only qualify for a STEP:Pack. If people like it better than the other options, then we will have that data. STEP:Core has rather strict guidelines, but Packs do not. See the New Mandate.

The next iteration of STEP will bring the concept of Packs, whereby anybody can author a rendition of STEP all their own (including you). Each Pack will use STEP:Core as a base and build upon that (hence, STEP:Core must remain extensible and true to vanilla). Any mod that is not problematic in terms of game corruption, etc is eligible.

We will not be ready to implement this until we release v2.3.0, which is on hold pending our next server move (which should happen very soon). After that, we will need to implement the site infrastructure to allow Pack authors to create their modded recipes as an extension of STEP:Core (i.e., guides all their own). Think of this site as a proof-of-concept workshop for building comprehensive, modular mod recipes.

As of now, mods are only being tested for STEP:Core and STEP:Extended as well as for Skyrim Revisited (the latter two are really our first official STEP Packs).

Nothing can be tested fairly for STEP:Core or STEP:Extended without a vanilla compare for reference (Neovalen is the Skyrim Revisited author, so he will dictate procedure for that). That is why any vote we find without a vanilla compare will need to be reset to include all contenders, including vanilla (at least until we establish an infrastructure for Packs and Pack authors to work under minimal constraint).

I'd like to expand on what Z has said about a little misconception on the polls.

Polls are used as a tool to get a general idea of where the mod is leaning towards. Keep in mind that we have nearly 1600 registered members and only a hand full (5-20 members) are actually voting. Therefore, polls on these threads are by no means an extensive or accurate result of what the majority of STEP users want or would choose. If we had a couple hundred of those members voting, the story would be different. As for now the polls do not "guarantee" any mod/option inclusion in STEP. It's just to get an idea of what a few members think of the compares.

At any time the winner of a poll may or may not be chosen as the "official choice" for either STEP:Core or STEP:Extended. The official Mod Testers and Admin will make up the majority of this decision as they have gone through the proper testing procedures while reviews any mod; however, that doesn't mean we don't take the other member's reviews into consideration. At the end of the day, what is chosen is what is best for STEP and not what is the "popular vote" or "personal choice". Polls should not be looked at as the final deciding factor in any mod testing.

you did not understand Z, or doing anything to not understand...

to try dialectical magic and macumbas leads to nowhere..in particular with me.

question in simple words:

why we make a poll if we already know what is gonna to be used in core...pardon...few already decided what's going to beused in core... and why we delete a poll when is not going in the way some (few looking at the votes) were expecting.

and do not tell me it's a matter of packs , because it's like to say that anything is accepted.

...core, base,vanilla, end of the world, teletubbies,packs...i do not care,

what i see is: i ask people to chose and when they vote i do not care about their opinion.

bit of bulgarian election imo...

do really what you want as said i could not care less...but is not transparent ,to use an euphemism.

@CaBal,

There have been a couple issues with your textures stated by myself and other members. I haven't seen you respond to them. What are your thoughts on these possible issues?

• Rocks on ground texture look embossed (concave) rather than convex as rocks should appear to stand higher than the ground; not lower.
  • Too much "specular" (probably not the right term) on the walls making them reflect too much and appear "noisy" while moving.
  • Too much "noisy" on the ground texture; most noticeable around lighted areas from a fire or sun shining into cave.
  • Some stretching of the rocks on the ground texture.