aMidianBorn Caves and Mines (by CaBaL)

kryptopyr

oh no i dont have those saves anymore because i didnt intend on those being used as official compares.. i was just using them to support an argument at the time. those saves have all been overwritten

EDIT: when is voting going to close for this? I still havent made up my mind and dont want to miss out on voting altogether because of indecisiveness :)

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd hope they'd have the decency to let me finish my compares. I'm roughly 50% done (the part that takes the longest is naming the damn things). Though for some reason I'm having trouble getting the screenshots while in ~ tm mode which is what I'm having to do because of the verbose messages I'm getting since I go from the completely vanilla texture compares to the full on STEP texture and other mod ones.

Actually I'm too tired right now (read 30-35 hours of sleep a week for the last 5 weeks) to finish the compares so all there is right now are the Vanilla and Vanilla + Mod compares and only on dropbox.

Links:

Vanilla Compares

Vanilla + aMB 1k Compares

Vanilla + aMB 2k Compares

Vanilla + Snow and Rocks HD Compares

Vanilla + Hectrols 2k Compares

Vanilla + Hectrols 4k Compares

Vanilla + The Beauty of Skyrim Compares

Current STEP (with S&R) Compares

I can't find the Beauty of Skyrim or the Hectrol 2k ones but they're here somewhere. I'll look sometime tomorrow (I don't know how long I'll sleep)

oh no i dont have those saves anymore because i didnt intend on those being used as official compares.. i was just using them to support an argument at the time. those saves have all been overwritten

EDIT: when is voting going to close for this? I still havent made up my mind and dont want to miss out on voting altogether because of indecisiveness :)

Multiple votes are allowed.

@ phazer

Of course we will wait for you ;)

I don't mind keeping these kinds of polls open indefinitely though. No sense in not tracking the vote continuously (unless there is a change to one of the mod entries, then it needs to be reset).

Though for some reason I'm having trouble getting the screenshots while in ~ tm mode which is what I'm having to do because of the verbose messages I'm getting since I go from the completely vanilla texture compares to the full on STEP texture and other mod ones.

I actually just active Immersive HUD on all the profiles for compares. It's nothing that will skew results (unless a mod is being tested against it). This saves myself one step of having to toggle the menu off and on again. As for the messages...I get those too. Just have to wait til they're done. It speeds it up it you disable Unknown Enchants for the compare shots.

No see the problem is I take the first screenshots and saves in a vanilla profile with just the unofficial patches the dlc and skyui, borderless window etc. The when I'm testing the STEP profile the saves which don't have the mod data from the STEP profile in MO has to lod it every time I load one of my pure vanilla saves: @ tech this is what happened with the pondfish retexture thread with the messages in the top left.

Damn am I responding to posts now? I pooping hate insomnia.

Here are all of the compares. I will need to retake the Vanilla + Beauty of Skyrim, and both sets Hectrols 2k but everything else is there.

Vanilla

Vanilla + aMB 2k

Vanilla + Hectrols 4k

Vanilla + Snow and Rocks HD

Current STEP

STEP with aMB 2k

STEP with Hectrols 4k

STEP with The Beauty of Skyrim

I will be uploading to an image host soon for the OP or side by side compares. The archives contain the unaltered .bmp whereas I'm having to compress the image host ones as I don't want to push my capacity so they'll be somewhat more blurry.

No see the problem is I take the first screenshots and saves in a vanilla profile with just the unofficial patches the dlc and skyui, borderless window etc. The when I'm testing the STEP profile the saves which don't have the mod data from the STEP profile in MO has to lod it every time I load one of my pure vanilla saves: @ tech this is what happened with the pondfish retexture thread with the messages in the top left.

Damn am I responding to posts now? I ******* hate insomnia.

lol you really didnt have to go into that much detail.. i know all of that already :)  but you should still have a second or two to take a screenshot before all the messages start popping up :)

Nice work on those compares, btw

Damn am I responding to posts now? I pooping hate insomnia.

I too hate insomnia, but lets keep the cursing of it to a minimum please.:thumbsup:

Yeah I'd edit it but it won't let me lol my language filter goes out the window when I'm tired. I have the first part of the compares uploaded. It'll take me a while to post it... though I'm making separate galleries for each of the compares (with the 4-5 variations per scene) and since there are over 200 of them I'm not sure if it'd just be better to post the links to the albums. They are side by side (like how you'd do it on here) in each of the galleries (and they're labeled this time)

Yeah I'd edit it but it won't let me lol my language filter goes out the window when I'm tired. I have the first part of the compares uploaded. It'll take me a while to post it... though I'm making separate galleries for each of the compares (with the 4-5 variations per scene) and since there are over 200 of them I'm not sure if it'd just be better to post the links to the albums. They are side by side (like how you'd do it on here) in each of the galleries (and they're labeled this time)

Okay, I get it, my filter comes off after three drinks, but I fixed it.:P

i did not explain myself well maybe...or some understand just what they want. has been said to keep amb out of any poll, since it already won with a modest 85% of votes previous one, but 1 or 2 user do not like amb and we're doing the clown-art again untill we do not vote for the mod that 1-2 users want in core...propaganda pays...always, no doubt.

now .. since it's a waste of resources and time for people doing comparisons ,shots, whatelese the best idea is to exclude amb and keep the results of other polls before amb release... easy,fast, and more serious.

i did not explain myself well maybe...or some understand just what they want. has been said to keep amb out of any poll, since it already won with a modest 85% of votes previous one, but 1 or 2 user do not like amb and we're doing the clown-art again untill we do not vote for the mod that 1-2 users want in core...propaganda pays...always, no doubt.

now .. since it's a waste of resources and time for people doing comparisons ,shots, whatelese the best idea is to exclude amb and keep the results of other polls before amb release... easy,fast, and more serious.

I'm sorry you feel/see it that way, but multiple people have also explained multiple times that what you stated above is not what anyone is doing here. There was a perfectly legitimate reason why the poll was reset. If you're not understanding the reason, I'm sorry. PM Z and he'll explain in detail again the reason for the poll reset and the reason how this thread was handled.

Basically, it boils down to the poll being prematurely posted before all relevant compares and information was collected and posted. I fully expect you to have just as many votes as the previous poll. Remember, the polls only represent approximately 1.25% of our total members (20 of 1600 members).

Anyone have any thoughts on my question above? I messaged Zed about it. I'm afraid of the strain putting 200+ images in a post will put on the server and load times.

I would say...not a good idea. :unsure: There are usually only around 20-30 max. You've gone way way beyond the norm. :P