DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 169

sheson

On 5/31/2023 at 12:56 PM, sheson said:

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when making posts. Also see https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs

Read https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#In-Game-Screenshots how to take screenshots with information.

See answers for https://dyndolod.info/FAQ "Out of place or floating objects"

I understand that the Dyndolod overlaps dynamic objects (which change during the execution of quests, for example burned houses in Helgen). Textures that are superimposed on objects are not tangible.

1 hour ago, Sulazarg said:

I understand that the Dyndolod overlaps dynamic objects (which change during the execution of quests, for example burned houses in Helgen). Textures that are superimposed on objects are not tangible.

DynDOLOD adds dynamic LOD for dynamic full models. The dynamic LOD should only show outside the active cells, when the full model is not shown anymore.

https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum
Report the actual problem or error message instead of making assumptions or asking leading questions. Read the explanations and tips below, especially about what information and logs to provide and how.

I am getting this error when I try to run DynDOLOD:

[00:15] Processing 18533 base records for 3267 object LOD and 384 dynamic LOD models
[00:50] <Warning: Property not found ccmtysse001_crusaderglobalshrines in scripts\ccmtysse001_shrinecounter.pex ccmtysse001-knightsofthenine.esl ccMTYSSE001_ShrineActivator "Shrine of Akatosh" [ACTI:FE00D854]>
[00:50] <Warning: Property not found targetvalue in scripts\ccmtysse001_shrinecounter.pex ccmtysse001-knightsofthenine.esl ccMTYSSE001_ShrineActivator "Shrine of Akatosh" [ACTI:FE00D854]>
[00:50] <Warning: Property not found dlcdwarvenpuzzledungeonhorsecompletemessage in scripts\dlcdwarvenpuzzle_rebuildhorsescript.pex cctwbsse001-puzzledungeon.esm ccTWBSSE001_DwarvenHorseTorsoActivator "Broken Dwarven Horse" [ACTI:0700087F]>
[00:50] <Warning: Property not found dlcdwarvenpuzzledungeonhorsemessage in scripts\dlcdwarvenpuzzle_rebuildhorsescript.pex cctwbsse001-puzzledungeon.esm ccTWBSSE001_DwarvenHorseTorsoActivator "Broken Dwarven Horse" [ACTI:0700087F]>
[00:51] <Warning: Property not found crystalenableref in scripts\ccbgssse008_vaultopenscript.pex ccbgssse008-wraithguard.esl ccBGSSSE008_WraithguardCrystal "Dwarven Pedestal" [ACTI:FE019814]>
[00:51] <Warning: Property not found mylocationdiscovered in scripts\ccbgssse031_fasttravelflagscript.pex ccbgssse031-advcyrus.esm ccBGSSSE031_FastTravel02 "Windhelm" [ACTI:0A0341CB]>
[00:51] <Warning: Property not found myquest in scripts\ccbgssse031_fasttravelflagscript.pex ccbgssse031-advcyrus.esm ccBGSSSE031_FastTravel02 "Windhelm" [ACTI:0A0341CB]>
[00:51] <Warning: Property not found nocheckneeded in scripts\ccbgssse031_fasttravelflagscript.pex ccbgssse031-advcyrus.esm ccBGSSSE031_FastTravel02 "Windhelm" [ACTI:0A0341CB]>
[00:51] <Warning: Property not found mylocationdiscovered in scripts\ccbgssse031_fasttravelflagscript.pex ccbgssse031-advcyrus.esm ccBGSSSE031_FastTravel03 "Dawnstar" [ACTI:0A0341D4]>

Can anyone help me with this? It's my first time doing something like this and I only have the official patch installed as a mod.

3 hours ago, S3R said:

I am getting this error when I try to run DynDOLOD:

[00:15] Processing 18533 base records for 3267 object LOD and 384 dynamic LOD models
[00:50] <Warning: Property not found ccmtysse001_crusaderglobalshrines in scripts\ccmtysse001_shrinecounter.pex ccmtysse001-knightsofthenine.esl ccMTYSSE001_ShrineActivator "Shrine of Akatosh" [ACTI:FE00D854]>
[00:50] <Warning: Property not found targetvalue in scripts\ccmtysse001_shrinecounter.pex ccmtysse001-knightsofthenine.esl ccMTYSSE001_ShrineActivator "Shrine of Akatosh" [ACTI:FE00D854]>
[00:50] <Warning: Property not found dlcdwarvenpuzzledungeonhorsecompletemessage in scripts\dlcdwarvenpuzzle_rebuildhorsescript.pex cctwbsse001-puzzledungeon.esm ccTWBSSE001_DwarvenHorseTorsoActivator "Broken Dwarven Horse" [ACTI:0700087F]>
[00:50] <Warning: Property not found dlcdwarvenpuzzledungeonhorsemessage in scripts\dlcdwarvenpuzzle_rebuildhorsescript.pex cctwbsse001-puzzledungeon.esm ccTWBSSE001_DwarvenHorseTorsoActivator "Broken Dwarven Horse" [ACTI:0700087F]>
[00:51] <Warning: Property not found crystalenableref in scripts\ccbgssse008_vaultopenscript.pex ccbgssse008-wraithguard.esl ccBGSSSE008_WraithguardCrystal "Dwarven Pedestal" [ACTI:FE019814]>
[00:51] <Warning: Property not found mylocationdiscovered in scripts\ccbgssse031_fasttravelflagscript.pex ccbgssse031-advcyrus.esm ccBGSSSE031_FastTravel02 "Windhelm" [ACTI:0A0341CB]>
[00:51] <Warning: Property not found myquest in scripts\ccbgssse031_fasttravelflagscript.pex ccbgssse031-advcyrus.esm ccBGSSSE031_FastTravel02 "Windhelm" [ACTI:0A0341CB]>
[00:51] <Warning: Property not found nocheckneeded in scripts\ccbgssse031_fasttravelflagscript.pex ccbgssse031-advcyrus.esm ccBGSSSE031_FastTravel02 "Windhelm" [ACTI:0A0341CB]>
[00:51] <Warning: Property not found mylocationdiscovered in scripts\ccbgssse031_fasttravelflagscript.pex ccbgssse031-advcyrus.esm ccBGSSSE031_FastTravel03 "Dawnstar" [ACTI:0A0341D4]>

Can anyone help me with this? It's my first time doing something like this and I only have the official patch installed as a mod.

Read the first post of this DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread, which entire log and debug log to upload when making posts. Also see https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum

Not sure why you are calling "warning" messages about missing script properties "errors".

See https://dyndolod.info/Messageshttps://dyndolod.info/Help/Summary-Of-Messages and in particular https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Property-Not-Found-In-Scripts.

If help with a specific message is required, provide the logs as explained and ask a specific question.

For some reason, my Texgen hangs about an hour and 20 minutes into the process and never completes. I notice that it's not that the program stops responding but it just hangs. This hasn't happened in the past so I'm not sure why it's happening now. I've left it running overnight and it still never completes. If I'm not mistaken it hangs while generating LODs for shipwoodfloor03lod.dds. at least the last two times I've tried running it that's what it got stuck on. Is there anything I can do to get Texgen to finish running?

each time it gets stuck at the same point where it says:

Creating B:\Modding\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\lod\shipwoodfloor03lod.dds from 1 textures

On 6/5/2023 at 2:31 PM, aJrenalin said:

For some reason, my Texgen hangs about an hour and 20 minutes into the process and never completes. I notice that it's not that the program stops responding but it just hangs. This hasn't happened in the past so I'm not sure why it's happening now. I've left it running overnight and it still never completes. If I'm not mistaken it hangs while generating LODs for shipwoodfloor03lod.dds. at least the last two times I've tried running it that's what it got stuck on. Is there anything I can do to get Texgen to finish running?

Creating B:\Modding\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\lod\shipwoodfloor03lod.dds from 1 textures

See the first post or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which log and debug log to upload when making posts.
https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Use-Search

TexGen is probably waiting for a TexConv process to finish.

Add LockTexconv=1 under [TexGen] in B:\Mods\Skyrim\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\TexGen_SSE.INI and see if that changes anything.
It helped users with the same problem a couple pages back where TexGen seems to be stuck or stopped.

3 hours ago, aJrenalin said:

Are you on an AMD system? If so, see this post:

Not sure if this is worthy of a post here, but I just wrote another LOD generation guide in Chinese (link if someone here needs it for some reason). 40000 Chinese characters this time, which should translate to about 20000 English words. Probably one of the most thorough guides out there, excluding of course Sheson's own. I mean, theoretically there's no need for a 3rd party guide since no one can write it better than Sheson already did, but reading the official documents isn't easy for most Chinese players, not to mention they probably don't really know its existence. Well, my guide probably won't make much of a stir since it's still far too long to be an easy read, but every little bit counts, I guess. The majority of the content is information pulled from the official documents, though I did add some of my own findings and recommendations. Should be mostly accurate, though I could also be wrong.

Anyway, thanks Sheson for your constant efforts at improving Skyrim's LODs, for writing the best LOD guide the Skyrim modding community could ever hope for, and for answering every question thrown at you in the forum over the years. Consider this the submission of my firstborn.

Edited by heheloveer
  • +1 1

1 hour ago, z929669 said:

Are you on an AMD system? If so, see this post:

No, Nvidia

1 hour ago, sheson said:

See the first post or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which log and debug log to upload when making posts.

Add LockTexconv=1 under [TexGen] in B:\Mods\Skyrim\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\TexGen_SSE.INI and see if that changes anything.
It helped users with the same problem a couple pages back.

Will try this now. Thank you

On 6/2/2023 at 12:03 PM, sheson said:

The log and debug log are both saved when the program is closed. Just send the signal to close once (e.g. clicking the X top right) and then wait a few seconds so the program can save the logs and shutdown properly.

As explained in the already linked page https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs, use the RealTimeLog=1 INI setting in case there are no logs or debug logs because the tool is being terminated prematurely.

If the screen goes black, then there is probably a hardware (including power supply), driver, overclocking, BIO setting, OS issue.

Thank you for squaring me away enough to get a bug report in. Was finally able to get far enough for one to generate on one of my attempts. In 40 or so runs this is the first time I've been able to generate a debug log. I PM'd you the bug report because honestly, it's got a decent amount of personal info in it, but I'd really like to not give up on this after all the time spent.

To anyone else who might know anything about this error, I absolutely can't get past this strange DLL error:

Faulting application name: TexGenx64.exe, version: 3.0.0.128, time stamp: 0x646a6e33
Faulting module name: nvoglv64.dll, version: 31.0.15.3598, time stamp: 0x646dfba9
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000001550f2a
Faulting process id: 0x0xD40
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1D997D3012B155A
Faulting application path: H:\Modding\Tools\DynDOLOD\TexGenx64.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_3c2bd4a1ec6d228e\nvoglv64.dll
Report Id: 31970090-ec36-4d74-b85b-fcaf1cfc50f9
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

I really don't want to give up on this, but no one has both the knowledge and the patience to get me past it.

Intel i9 13900k, RTX3070ti, completely fresh drivers, Alpha-128 Dyn from Nexus and the Alpha-36 Resources that the website links to. I'm sure this is somehow my fault but I've exhausted my ability to try more things. Ran SFC and DISM, both fine, I'm just at a loss.

Added the Realtime log (had to zip it, it's huge)

TexGen_SSE_realtime_log.7z

12 minutes ago, Wulfga said:

Thank you for squaring me away enough to get a bug report in. Was finally able to get far enough for one to generate on one of my attempts. In 40 or so runs this is the first time I've been able to generate a debug log. I PM'd you the bug report because honestly, it's got a decent amount of personal info in it, but I'd really like to not give up on this after all the time spent.

To anyone else who might know anything about this error, I absolutely can't get past this strange DLL error:

Faulting application name: TexGenx64.exe, version: 3.0.0.128, time stamp: 0x646a6e33
Faulting module name: nvoglv64.dll, version: 31.0.15.3598, time stamp: 0x646dfba9
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000001550f2a
Faulting process id: 0x0xD40
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1D997D3012B155A
Faulting application path: H:\Modding\Tools\DynDOLOD\TexGenx64.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_3c2bd4a1ec6d228e\nvoglv64.dll
Report Id: 31970090-ec36-4d74-b85b-fcaf1cfc50f9
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

I really don't want to give up on this, but no one has both the knowledge and the patience to get me past it.

Intel i9 13900k, RTX3070ti, completely fresh drivers, Alpha-128 Dyn from Nexus and the Alpha-36 Resources that the website links to. I'm sure this is somehow my fault but I've exhausted my ability to try more things. Ran SFC and DISM, both fine, I'm just at a loss.

Added the Realtime log (had to zip it, it's huge)

TexGen_SSE_realtime_log.7z 553.51 kB · 1 download

Do what I suggested in this post: https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/17510-dyndolod-300-alpha-128/?do=findComment&comment=271741

Add RenderSingle=1 under [TexGen] in H:\Modding\Tools\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\TexGen_SSE.ini and check if it makes a difference. It helped other people one or two thread pages back that also had an exception in the NVIDIA driver nvoglv64.dll

The realtime log shows that it is not set to 1

52 minutes ago, sheson said:

Do what I suggested in this post: https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/17510-dyndolod-300-alpha-128/?do=findComment&comment=271741

Add RenderSingle=1 under [TexGen] in H:\Modding\Tools\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\TexGen_SSE.ini and check if it makes a difference. It helped other people one or two thread pages back that also had an exception in the NVIDIA driver nvoglv64.dll

The realtime log shows that it is not set to 1

Ahh, that's fair. I had (I promise) set that to 1, but I did a fresh install of all DynDOLOD software and didn't set it back.

I DO THINK I FOUND PART OF THE PROBLEM.

When I completely uninstalled my Nvidia drivers rather than just doing fresh installs etc., it went WAAAY farther than I've ever seen it go before, and I finally got an "OpenGL version too low" error much farther in than normal. [02:52] Error: OpenGL: H:\Modding\Tools\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\Textures\dlc01\lod\dlc01dawnguardcastle01lod framebuffer objects unsupported.

I'm currently backing down through versions of the driver trying to find one that works. 531.41-desktop-win10-win11-64bit-international-dch-whql just failed, 531.61 failed previously. I'll add your "1" now for consistency. Thanks for catching that.

(attachments from no driver test where I let Windows 11 handle the GPU)

I'll test the RenderSingle=1 right now.

TexGen_SSE_log.txt bugreport.txt

8 minutes ago, Wulfga said:

Ahh, that's fair. I had (I promise) set that to 1, but I did a fresh install of all DynDOLOD software and didn't set it back.

I DO THINK I FOUND PART OF THE PROBLEM.

When I completely uninstalled my Nvidia drivers rather than just doing fresh installs etc., it went WAAAY farther than I've ever seen it go before, and I finally got an "OpenGL version too low" error much farther in than normal. [02:52] Error: OpenGL: H:\Modding\Tools\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\Textures\dlc01\lod\dlc01dawnguardcastle01lod framebuffer objects unsupported.

I'm currently backing down through versions of the driver trying to find one that works. 531.41-desktop-win10-win11-64bit-international-dch-whql just failed, 531.61 failed previously. I'll add your "1" now for consistency. Thanks for catching that.

(attachments from no driver test where I let Windows 11 handle the GPU)

I'll test the RenderSingle=1 right now.

TexGen_SSE_log.txt 156.58 kB · 1 download bugreport.txt 233.76 kB · 1 download

All I ask is this: Install latest driver only without any bloatware. Set RenderSingle=1. In case there is still a problem, upload new log, debug log or realtime log and bugreport.txt. Make sure you are not overclocking or have other hardware issues, like unstable CPU, memory etc.

9 minutes ago, sheson said:

All I ask is this: Install latest driver only without any bloatware. Set RenderSingle=1. In case there is still a problem, upload new log, debug log or realtime log and bugreport.txt. Make sure you are not overclocking or have other hardware issues, like unstable CPU, memory etc.

I've followed all your advice- that's what the couple-day pause was. I reviewed the BIOS line by line, removed all of the overclocking (broke my RAID array at 2am on accident) reinstalled everything fresh, and have consistently had the same issue.

With the rolled back driver to 531.41 and your INI edit, it's (veeerrrrrryyyy slowly) working. I owe you a beer.

For the record, I genuinely think there's something in the new Nvidia drivers that are breaking it. RenderSingle=1 on the current drivers did not work. If it were to ever come up again, RenderSingle=1 on nVidia driver version 531.41 worked fine for me. I do have an absolute mountain of other NVIDIA tools for CUDA, etc, so this might be unique to folks creating animations and doing complex AI work, can't say for sure, but it just finished with all overclocking in place and no changes except the single INI edit and the driver rollback. Cheers.

[20:33] Removing temporary files
[20:33] Waiting for Texconv to convert 2 textures
[20:34] TexGen completed successfully
[20:34] Exit TexGen, zip and exit, check log or restart?

Thanks for putting up with me.

17 hours ago, sheson said:

It helped users with the same problem a couple pages back.

This worked. thank you