DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 169

sheson

I decided to switch to this alpha and I've been getting the DynDOLOD.esm flagging esp as masters bug again. In my last generation, DynDOLOD.esm set Holidays.esp as a master, which threw off LOOT completely. Since Holidays is a rather small mod, I decided to just disable it, regenerate LOD, then enable it after.

I also couldn't find what records in Holidays were used in the LOD generation, but I didn't save the DynDOLOD log file before generating again.

I'm just commenting here for posterity. Is there away to avoid this? I thought the bug had already been fixed in previous versions.

4 hours ago, kiggs said:

I decided to switch to this alpha and I've been getting the DynDOLOD.esm flagging esp as masters bug again. In my last generation, DynDOLOD.esm set Holidays.esp as a master, which threw off LOOT completely. Since Holidays is a rather small mod, I decided to just disable it, regenerate LOD, then enable it after.

I also couldn't find what records in Holidays were used in the LOD generation, but I didn't save the DynDOLOD log file before generating again.

I'm just commenting here for posterity. Is there away to avoid this? I thought the bug had already been fixed in previous versions.

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when making posts. Also read https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum.

Unsurprisingly testing with Vanilla and Holidays.esp in the load order, it is not added as a master to DynDOLOD.esm.

I attempted to run Texgen multiple times since a couple days ago with no success. 

It starts just fine and hits a snag at creating a very particular Solitude texture. The two processes (Taking your Firstborn and the Texture Conversion process) disappears and seems to stop and it gets stuck unable to continue. I have all antivirus disabled and I have Dyndolod installed outside of the security sensitive folders mentioned in the tutorial. All the requirements  listed are up to date and installed them again to make sure. 

Here are the links to the two logs required for troubleshooting: 

Texgen log: https://ufile.io/rhe0mdwo

Texgen debug log: https://ufile.io/0d3qg0ly

1 hour ago, PorcelanovaVaza said:

Hello,

Is there a way I can not generate object LOD for specific worldspaces? I want object LOD in all my worldspaces except one. I am aware of the specific chunk feature in the expert mode but was wondering if there is an easier way.

Thanks.

https://dyndolod.info/Generation-Instructions
Depending on preferences and desired options, use the wizard mode or click to advanced mode.
Select the worldspaces to generate the LOD mod for.

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Wizard-Mode#Select-Worldspaces The image on top of the page shows the worldspace selection box on top right under "DynDOLOD".
For convenience all worldspaces are already selected. Use right click to select all or none.

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Advanced-Mode#Worldspaces The image on top of the page shows the worldspace selection box top left.
Select the worldspaces to generate the LOD mod for. Use right click to select all or none.

After generating for the desired list of workdspaces with one set of options, install output. Start DynDOLOD again with the output active. Select different worldspace and options. Install new output merging with old output, overwrite all old files from first generation, in particular the plugins and SKSE json/data files.

Typically all LOD types should be generated for all worldspaces for consistency. If there are issues they should be troubleshooted or reported so they can be fixed if possible

1 hour ago, RinAvenir said:

I attempted to run Texgen multiple times since a couple days ago with no success. 

It starts just fine and hits a snag at creating a very particular Solitude texture. The two processes (Taking your Firstborn and the Texture Conversion process) disappears and seems to stop and it gets stuck unable to continue. I have all antivirus disabled and I have Dyndolod installed outside of the security sensitive folders mentioned in the tutorial. All the requirements  listed are up to date and installed them again to make sure. 

Here are the links to the two logs required for troubleshooting: 

Texgen log: https://ufile.io/rhe0mdwo

Texgen debug log: https://ufile.io/0d3qg0ly

Moved to the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread.

I find it curious that you believe the problem to be a particular texture, while the different sessions in the log show it not be the last every time or it generating fine when doing it for vanilla. In fact what the log lines "creating..." show is that the textures is going to be saved uncompressed. Since things are running in parallel the log order is not necessarily the order in which things actually happen.

Check/report the output folder for the textures (and their *_n.dds) from the last couple lines have all been saved/exist.
Check/report if they are still uncompressed (888 or 8888 format) or if they have been successfully converted by Texconv.
Before closing TexGen, check/report if there are any txt or dds file in the temp folder C:\Users\Abby\AppData\Local\Temp\TexGen_SSE\ for Texconv.
Doublecheck there are really no Texconv processes TexGen might be waiting on.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Before closing TexGen, check/report if there are any txt or dds file in the temp folder C:\Users\Abby\AppData\Local\Temp\TexGen_SSE\ for Texconv.
Doublecheck there are really no Texconv processes TexGen might be waiting on.

I checked that file location and the Texgen_SSE folder is not in there. 

At the time the process got stuck, the Texconv process as well as the Taking Your First Born process would both disappear from the Task Manager and CPU usage + GPU usage would drop to zero as well. I left it running overnight to see if those processes would recover and they did not. 

18 minutes ago, RinAvenir said:

I checked that file location and the Texgen_SSE folder is not in there. 

At the time the process got stuck, the Texconv process as well as the Taking Your First Born process would both disappear from the Task Manager and CPU usage + GPU usage would drop to zero as well. I left it running overnight to see if those processes would recover and they did not. 

TexGen can not be running/be stuck and not be listed in task manager at the same time. Sort by Process name (right click the header row to enable/disable columns)  in task manager and scroll down to where TexGenx64.exe is listed. Unfold it, too. Check the Process name column for TexConvx64.exe as well.

Check that the folder C:\Users\Abby\AppData\Local\Temp\TexGen_SSE\ is created shortly after TexGen is started, that txt and dds files are appearing/disappearing while it is generating textures.

Check/report the output folder for the textures (and their *_n.dds) from the last couple lines have all been saved/exist.
Check/report if they are still uncompressed (888 or 8888 format) or if they have been successfully converted by Texconv

Edit: I checked the folder while Texgen was running and the folder is there. There's a txt file + a number of dds files in there. 

I also checked for the TexGen.exe process and it's not in the list right now. 

The textures in the last couple lines are in the output folders are saved in the Texgen_output location

Edited by RinAvenir

4 minutes ago, RinAvenir said:

Edit: I checked the folder while Texgen was running and the folder is there. There's a txt file + a number of dds files in there. 

Do not cheery pick a random thing to answer only. Read my entire posts. I am not going to repeat all the other things to check and report.

When TexGen is stuck, is the folder empty or not?

Okay. Here's the list of four things asked about: 

- Texgen Output Folder: The textures listed in the last couple lines are all saved in the location specified.
- 888 format?: There are no textures in the output that are still in this format from what i can see in the folders. 
- Temp Folder: There are still a couple hundred texture files that have file names that consist of a long string of letters and numbers + a txt file for Texconv in the Texgen_SSE temp folder location. Refreshed the folder a few times and the file count did not change indicating that files are not appearing and disappearing if it was running.  
- Task Manager: Texconv is not running in there it disappeared from the list alongside Texgen.exe when the texture creation got stuck.