DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 169

sheson

I found the windows logs, here's a few that I found from around the time I last generated:

-----1-----

- System

- Provider
      [ Name] Application Error

- EventID 1000
      [ Qualifiers] 0

Version 0

Level 2

Task 100

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated
      [ SystemTime] 2023-06-14T15:13:07.0142052Z

EventRecordID 13638

Correlation

- Execution
      [ ProcessID] 0
      [ ThreadID] 0

Channel Application

Computer Beemo

Security
- EventData
      DynDOLODx64.exe
      646a6e33
      ntdll.dll
      2f715b17
      c0000374
      00000000000ff449
      4d90
      01d99ed172d77282
      F:\Skyrim Modding\Tools\DynDOLOD\DynDOLODx64.exe
      C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
      522a94fc-b26d-4fad-bd01-14aba092bba7

-----2-----

- System

- Provider

- EventID 1000
      [ Qualifiers] 0

Version 0

Level 2

Task 100

Opcode 0

- TimeCreated
      [ SystemTime] 2023-06-14T14:52:35.3364553Z

EventRecordID 13627

Correlation

- Execution
      [ ProcessID] 0
      [ ThreadID] 0

Channel Application

Computer Beemo

Security
- EventData
      DynDOLODx64.exe
      646a6e33
      ntdll.dll
      2f715b17
      c0000374
      00000000000ff449
      1b2c
      01d99ece97605943
      a7fe86b9-1e49-4c6b-a7a5-8ba0f979b813

10 minutes ago, bargalarkh said:

Yeah I did close the console window after noticing the DDL program itself was closed, but definitely the Taking Your Firstborn window closed without message or prompt from me. It's not installed in a UAC folder, I turned off Antivirus, and don't have any crapware that I know of (and I have checked). No overclocking etc either.

By WHQL would that be the latest graphical drivers? I have an AMD card and have the most up-to-date version of it running. Following the advice in this thread i turned off the AMD named processes which helped initially.

I just ran again with MaxLodGen limited to 2 (logs)

This is my CPU (six cores). Should I try for LODGenThreadSplit=12 then?

I have got Event Viewer up now to see the windows event logs but I'm not sure how to find logs pertaining to this program

With WHQL I mean not to use a beta driver. Make sure to not install anything but the driver - or terminate all AMD services, background programs etc.

The new logs show the tool being seemingly closed by the user right after start before any real work was done or any LODGen processes were started. They are probably not from another session. The tools can only save their log files when they are allowed to properly showdown after user interaction.

Check the Windows event log for messages if TexGen/DynDOLOD are being terminated. Enable the realtime log as explained at https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs

Keep an eye on memory usage of the main DynDOLOD process and the number of spawned LODGenx64Win.exe processes and their memory usage in task manager. Enable the "Peak Working Set" column to keep a record of the maximum.

With the 6 cores the automatic split should be 6, so yes, see what happens with 12, but you can set any number in between as well or even lower to test what happens.

11 minutes ago, bargalarkh said:

I found the windows logs, here's a few that I found from around the time I last generated:

-----1-----

- System

- Provider

- EventID 1000
      [ Qualifiers] 0

Version 0

Level 2

Task 100

Opcode 0

- TimeCreated
      [ SystemTime] 2023-06-14T15:13:07.0142052Z

EventRecordID 13638

Correlation

- Execution
      [ ProcessID] 0
      [ ThreadID] 0

Channel Application

Computer Beemo

Security
- EventData
      DynDOLODx64.exe
      646a6e33
      ntdll.dll
      2f715b17
      c0000374
      00000000000ff449
      4d90
      01d99ed172d77282
      522a94fc-b26d-4fad-bd01-14aba092bba7

-----2-----

- System

- Provider

- EventID 1000
      [ Qualifiers] 0

Version 0

Level 2

Task 100

Opcode 0

- TimeCreated
      [ SystemTime] 2023-06-14T14:52:35.3364553Z

EventRecordID 13627

Correlation

- Execution
      [ ProcessID] 0
      [ ThreadID] 0

Channel Application

Computer Beemo

Security
- EventData
      DynDOLODx64.exe
      646a6e33
      ntdll.dll
      2f715b17
      c0000374
      00000000000ff449
      1b2c
      01d99ece97605943
      a7fe86b9-1e49-4c6b-a7a5-8ba0f979b813

If this happens while all physical memory is being used by all the processes and the OS starts to use virtual memory/paging, then we know the cause. Let the OS handle virtual memory with default settings.

Enable the realtime log, so you can upload that if that type of crash happens again.

So I left it running, didn't close anything and enabled the realtime log as you said. Also increased that thread value to 12. I also have been using default paging the whole time.

Logs

Mentions an access violation, which i checked the wiki for. 

- I have disabled UAC and Antivirus

- I ran DDL and Mod Organiser as admin

- I have the latest version of the resources, exe, etc

Edited by bargalarkh

I tried running again. It seems to alternate between crashing and hanging on creating texture atlases. In the most recent case, it's been running at this for a long time:

[08:28] [Tamriel] Creating texture atlas F:\Skyrim Modding\Tools\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\Textures\DynDOLOD\LOD\DynDOLOD_Tamriel_Glow.dds 1024 x 512

I have enabled the texture cache and max texture size ini options. There's no console window open for these, it just doesn't move past this point. I've found this is often where it will stop making progress even when left overnight.

Okay, I had a backup of my DynDOLOD output for all worldspaces except Bruma which worked.

I generated and copied the output for Bruma into that DynDOLOD mod 

LOD works perfectly, no issues at all from testing, but I keep getting an error 

DynDOLOD can not find master data in DynDOLOD_Worlds

DynDOLOD can not read DynDOLOD_None

and variations of this...

Now I read the advice from this thread but it didn't work for me. I made sure to copy over the json files when updating for the new worldspace, and have validated the JSON.

The LOD is perfect now, just wondering how I can get rid of this error from showing up.

Edited by bargalarkh

Hello, I'm getting an issue where about every second run (or even more) DYNDOLOD seems to freeze at "[Tamriel] Generating object LOD". CPU usage for dyndolod goes to 0% (sometimes flickers to 0.1%) and the LODgen window doesn't come up (even after it sitting at that message for 15 or so minutes. Actually sometimes LODGen would come up but after it was done the rest of dyndolod would still freeze up just the same, however the last couple runs I couldn't even get that and the DynDOLOD_Output folder has only 4 smim lod textures generated.

the only ini edits I've made to \Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini was to change it to boot to advanced mode & my grass LOD brightness settings.

I'm using DYNDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 128

[DynDOLOD Resources SE v3.00 Alpha 37], [DynDOLOD DLL NG and Scripts 3.00 Alpha 6 for dyndolod 123+], [PapyrusUtil SE v3.9 for SSE 1.5.97], and I'm also using NGIO v8 with a generated grass Precache

When I try and close DYNDOLOD it gives me the expected warning about generated output being incomplete, I click yes, then the window freezes up and DYNDOLOD.exe stops responding. Task manager can't kill it, and If I try to end it from the TM details panel I get "this operation could not be completed. Access is denied" and I have to hard reboot my PC.

for log files there aren't many generated:

No bugreport.txt, No Dyndolod_SSE_log.txt, No Dyndolod_SSE_Debug_log.txt, and no LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt

EDIT: I ran it again with Verbose=1 in _SSE.ini and it worked, so I'll see if its consistent and if the problem immediately returns if I set it back to 0

EDIT 2: nope while the first 3 runs with verbose did work, this time cpu usage went down to 0%, elapsed time stopped counting, when I tried to save the in window log it froze and went unresponsive and I couldn't close it again.

DynDOLOD_SSE.ini

Edited by Roastlawyer

Hello, I am having issues getting DynDOLOD TexGen and DynDOLOD to run itself. I have installed the file here: C:\Games\Skyrim Anniversary Edition\Modding Tools\DynDOLOD I have set the paths within mod organizer as such : -sse -p:"C:\Games\Mod Organizer 2\profiles\My Skyrim Profile\plugins.txt" -m:"C:\Games\Mod Organizer 2\profiles\My Skyrim Profile\Skyrim.ini" -d:"C:\Games\Skyrim Anniversary Edition" I also tried -d:"C:\Games\Skyrim Anniversary Edition\data"

I also checked that I had hkey records and I do

I get an error on launch (image attached).

texgen error.png

skyrim AE reg.png

Edited by Suniasutei

8 hours ago, Roastlawyer said:

Hello, I'm getting an issue where about every second run (or even more) DYNDOLOD seems to freeze at "[Tamriel] Generating object LOD". CPU usage for dyndolod goes to 0% (sometimes flickers to 0.1%) and the LODgen window doesn't come up (even after it sitting at that message for 15 or so minutes. Actually sometimes LODGen would come up but after it was done the rest of dyndolod would still freeze up just the same, however the last couple runs I couldn't even get that and the DynDOLOD_Output folder has only 4 smim lod textures generated.

the only ini edits I've made to \Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini was to change it to boot to advanced mode & my grass LOD brightness settings.

I'm using DYNDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 128

[DynDOLOD Resources SE v3.00 Alpha 37], [DynDOLOD DLL NG and Scripts 3.00 Alpha 6 for dyndolod 123+], [PapyrusUtil SE v3.9 for SSE 1.5.97], and I'm also using NGIO v8 with a generated grass Precache

When I try and close DYNDOLOD it gives me the expected warning about generated output being incomplete, I click yes, then the window freezes up and DYNDOLOD.exe stops responding. Task manager can't kill it, and If I try to end it from the TM details panel I get "this operation could not be completed. Access is denied" and I have to hard reboot my PC.

for log files there aren't many generated:

No bugreport.txt, No Dyndolod_SSE_log.txt, No Dyndolod_SSE_Debug_log.txt, and no LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt

EDIT: I ran it again with Verbose=1 in _SSE.ini and it worked, so I'll see if its consistent and if the problem immediately returns if I set it back to 0

EDIT 2: nope while the first 3 runs with verbose did work, this time cpu usage went down to 0%, elapsed time stopped counting, when I tried to save the in window log it froze and went unresponsive and I couldn't close it again.

DynDOLOD_SSE.ini 21.17 kB · 1 download

See https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs

When the OS needs rebooting , then there is something with the OS, drivers, hardware etc. Simple programs can not cause this.

Verbose=1 does not change anything with DynDOLOD. It simply enables more log messages for the spawned LODGen processes write to their log.

6 hours ago, Suniasutei said:

Hello, I am having issues getting DynDOLOD TexGen and DynDOLOD to run itself. I have installed the file here: C:\Games\Skyrim Anniversary Edition\Modding Tools\DynDOLOD I have set the paths within mod organizer as such : -sse -p:"C:\Games\Mod Organizer 2\profiles\My Skyrim Profile\plugins.txt" -m:"C:\Games\Mod Organizer 2\profiles\My Skyrim Profile\Skyrim.ini" -d:"C:\Games\Skyrim Anniversary Edition" I also tried -d:"C:\Games\Skyrim Anniversary Edition\data"

I also checked that I had hkey records and I do

I get an error on launch (image attached).

texgen error.png

skyrim AE reg.png

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when making posts. See https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs

Do not post screenshots of message, instead use the "Copy this message to clipboard" to copy and paste the text instead. See https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Copy-and-Paste-Text

Make use of the "Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message" as explained on the first post and at https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Read-Log-and-Error-Messages to open https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Path-Not-Allowed:
Do not install DynDOLOD into special OS folders like 'Programs Files' or 'Program Files (x86)', User, Documents, Desktop, Download and also not into SteamApps, game or any mod manager folders.

Follow the installation instructions at https://dyndolod.info/Installation-Instructions:
Use 7-Zip to unpack the DynDOLOD Standalone archive into a new and empty 'DynDOLOD' directory that is outside of special OS folders like 'Programs Files' or 'Program Files (x86)', User, Documents, Desktop, Download and also not in SteamApps, game, Data or any mod manager folders.

Also, read https://dyndolod.info/Help/Command-Line-Argument where to properly set the command line arguments.
Point -p to the actual plugins.txt the game reads and which the mod manager maps to whatever profile is active. Do not point it to files in a a mod manager profile folder.
Point -m to the actual folder where the game reads the Skyrim, SkyrimPrefs and SkyrimCustom from, instead of a specific file. Do not point it to a mod manager profile.

12 hours ago, bargalarkh said:

So I left it running, didn't close anything and enabled the realtime log as you said. Also increased that thread value to 12. I also have been using default paging the whole time.

Logs

Mentions an access violation, which i checked the wiki for. 

- I have disabled UAC and Antivirus

- I ran DDL and Mod Organiser as admin

- I have the latest version of the resources, exe, etc

The logs show that there seems to be a problem reading Skyrim.esm by the xEdit background loader. This might be caused by corrupt files,  reading errors or instability because of hardware (disk, CPU, memory problems) or software interfering with the loading.

UAC, antivir should typically prevent loading of files entirely.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

See https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs

When the OS needs rebooting , then there is something with the OS, drivers, hardware etc. Simple programs can not cause this.

Verbose=1 does not change anything with DynDOLOD. It simply enables more log messages for the spawned LODGen processes write to their log.

When I tried it again just now it worked, but if it happens again I'll be back with the log

12 hours ago, bargalarkh said:

I tried running again. It seems to alternate between crashing and hanging on creating texture atlases. In the most recent case, it's been running at this for a long time:

[08:28] [Tamriel] Creating texture atlas F:\Skyrim Modding\Tools\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\Textures\DynDOLOD\LOD\DynDOLOD_Tamriel_Glow.dds 1024 x 512

I have enabled the texture cache and max texture size ini options. There's no console window open for these, it just doesn't move past this point. I've found this is often where it will stop making progress even when left overnight.

Upload log, debug and/or the realtime log.

Check for TexConv background processes in task manager that DynDOLOD might be waiting on.

Terminate or uninstall any crapware installed with graphics drivers. See https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/18763-vastly-underestimed-times-for-xlodgen-texgen-etc/#comment-271754

11 hours ago, bargalarkh said:

Okay, I had a backup of my DynDOLOD output for all worldspaces except Bruma which worked.

I generated and copied the output for Bruma into that DynDOLOD mod 

LOD works perfectly, no issues at all from testing, but I keep getting an error 

DynDOLOD can not find master data in DynDOLOD_Worlds

DynDOLOD can not read DynDOLOD_None

and variations of this...

Now I read the advice from this thread but it didn't work for me. I made sure to copy over the json files when updating for the new worldspace, and have validated the JSON.

The LOD is perfect now, just wondering how I can get rid of this error from showing up.

Upload the log and debug log as explained at https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs when making posts.

Read answers for DynDOLOD could/can not read/find at https://dyndolod.info/FAQ

It could be related to the bug you reported with DynDOLOD_Worlds.txt/DynDOLOD_Worlds.json  not retaining the "worlds" from the former generation and which will be fixed in the alpha as I mentioned in the edited post. 

If that is the case, copy/pasting the missing lines from the first generation to the new file should do the trick in the interim.

Hello,

I am reposting with the requested changes, hopefully I did it all correctly.

The error I am receiving is:

"Installation path not allowed

C:\Games\Skyrim Anniversary Edition\Modding Tools\DynDOLOD\

Reason game data: C:\Games\Skyrim Anniversary Edition"

My mo2 arguments are as follows:

-sse -p:"C:\Users\Mashurai\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition\plugins.txt" -m:"C:\Users\Mashurai\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition GOG\Skyrim.ini" -d:"C:\Games\Skyrim Anniversary Edition" 

logs uploaded below

I read all of the articles including the GOG one and followed all command lines and still couldn't figure out where I went wrong.

I also made sure to install it in a safe location away from any special folders. I created a games folder and installed it into its own modding tools folder.

TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt

Edited by Suniasutei