DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 169

sheson

1 hour ago, RinAvenir said:

Okay. Here's the list of four things asked about: 

- Texgen Output Folder: The textures listed in the last couple lines are all saved in the location specified.
- 888 format?: There are no textures in the output that are still in this format from what i can see in the folders. 
- Temp Folder: There are still a couple hundred texture files that have file names that consist of a long string of letters and numbers + a txt file for Texconv in the Texgen_SSE temp folder location. Refreshed the folder a few times and the file count did not change indicating that files are not appearing and disappearing if it was running.  
- Task Manager: Texconv is not running in there it disappeared from the list alongside Texgen.exe when the texture creation got stuck. 

What is the filename of the text file?

How can TexGen still show its Window and not be listed in task manager?
Is there anything in the Windows Event log about Texconv or TexGen?

Add LockTexconv=1 under [TexGen] in D:\SVBackups\Skyrim Files\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\TexGen_SSE.INI and see if that changes anything.
If not, add TexconvAdapterIndex=-1 under [TexGen] in D:\SVBackups\Skyrim Files\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\TexGen_SSE.INI and see if that changes anything.

27 minutes ago, sheson said:

What is the filename of the text file?

How can TexGen still show its Window and not be listed in task manager?
Is there anything in the Windows Event log about Texconv or TexGen?

Add LockTexconv=1 under [TexGen] in D:\SVBackups\Skyrim Files\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\TexGen_SSE.INI and see if that changes anything.
If not, add TexconvAdapterIndex=-1 under [TexGen] in D:\SVBackups\Skyrim Files\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\TexGen_SSE.INI and see if that changes anything.

The LockTexconv=1 setting worked. 

With regards to the Windows Event log: I looked up the last log mentioning Texgen and this is what it said: 

Windows Event Log: 
The program TexGenx64.exe version 3.0.0.127 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
 Process ID: 11918
 Start Time: 01d98b28cd40f01b
 Termination Time: 4294967295
 Application Path: D:\SVBackups\Skyrim Files\DynDOLOD\TexGenx64.exe
 Report Id: 24e449fc-6dda-4941-9b54-f8077ecef89e
 Faulting package full name: 
 Faulting package-relative application ID: 
 Hang type: Top level window is idle

36 minutes ago, RinAvenir said:

The LockTexconv=1 setting worked. 

With regards to the Windows Event log: I looked up the last log mentioning Texgen and this is what it said: 

Windows Event Log: 
The program TexGenx64.exe version 3.0.0.127 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
 Process ID: 11918
 Start Time: 01d98b28cd40f01b
 Termination Time: 4294967295
 Application Path: D:\SVBackups\Skyrim Files\DynDOLOD\TexGenx64.exe
 Report Id: 24e449fc-6dda-4941-9b54-f8077ecef89e
 Faulting package full name: 
 Faulting package-relative application ID: 
 Hang type: Top level window is idle

Good. You might need to add the same setting under [DynDOLOD] to D:\SVBackups\Skyrim Files\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.INI

So TexGen got terminated because it was perpetually waiting for Texconv processes to finish.

11 minutes ago, sheson said:

Good. You might need to add the same setting under [DynDOLOD] to D:\SVBackups\Skyrim Files\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.INI

So TexGen got terminated because it was perpetually waiting for Texconv processes to finish.

Did the same thing with Dyndolod just to be sure and everything is working well now. 

Thank you for your time, sheson. 

Hello friends,

I hope you're all doing well. I am not. Well, actually that's a lie but my day is not as good as it could be because I'm struggling to create grass LODs. No amount of fiddling with the settings seemed to result in me not running out of memory (I have 16gb of ram) when doing grass LOD generation so I just gave up and decided to generate everything else all together without grass LOD and it went off without a hitch... And that's basically where I'm at now. Object LOD, dynamic LOD, occlusion, etc. but no grass LOD.

Since I've done this, is it possible to just run grass LOD separately after the fact and update the DynDOLOD output afterwords? I did read the "Updating" section on the grass LOD page of the DynDOLOD website but I am not sure if any of the implications there reflect my situation. I am very slow, please bear with me. Would I be following the "rebuild atlas" portion of the instructions or the "execute LODGen" instructions? Both (probably not)? Neither?

Thanks.

8 minutes ago, VeilOfDreams said:

Hello friends,

I hope you're all doing well. I am not. Well, actually that's a lie but my day is not as good as it could be because I'm struggling to create grass LODs. No amount of fiddling with the settings seemed to result in me not running out of memory (I have 16gb of ram) when doing grass LOD generation so I just gave up and decided to generate everything else all together without grass LOD and it went off without a hitch... And that's basically where I'm at now. Object LOD, dynamic LOD, occlusion, etc. but no grass LOD.

Since I've done this, is it possible to just run grass LOD separately after the fact and update the DynDOLOD output afterwords? I did read the "Updating" section on the grass LOD page of the DynDOLOD website but I am not sure if any of the implications there reflect my situation. I am very slow, please bear with me. Would I be following the "rebuild atlas" portion of the instructions or the "execute LODGen" instructions? Both (probably not)? Neither?

Thanks.

Read the first post which log,  debug log and bugreport.txt if it exists to upload when making posts. Also see https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum

See https://dyndolod.info/Help/Grass-LOD#Out-of-memory-while-generating-occlusion-data
See https://dyndolod.info/FAQ "High memory usage / Out of memory"

It is unclear what process / action is actually running out of memory and what settings where changed.

Grass LOD is part of object LOD. LODGen can be restarted in expert mode, see https://dyndolod.info/Help/Expert-Mode

• sheson changed the title to DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 128

I am doing this via speech to text due to sever nerve damage so I apologize if there are typos. I am unsure if this is the right place to make my comment. Basically I just want to figure out two things. The first is what Dindolod ini file do I have to alter so that dyndolod generates lods correctly for trees in a inner city space like whiterun. I think I need to add the town of whiterun to a exclusion list or something? I really could use help understanding how to do this.

The second question I have is how do I generate complex grass with dyndolod. STEP details altering a ini and setting enable complex grass to true but doesn't say what ini to alter. I think its a dyndolod ini. I think the STEP documentation is old however and maybe the ini has changed. I reviewed this comment and tried to clean up all typos I think I got everything and made it clear.

2 hours ago, edmond said:

I am doing this via speech to text due to sever nerve damage so I apologize if there are typos. I am unsure if this is the right place to make my comment. Basically I just want to figure out two things. The first is what Dindolod ini file do I have to alter so that dyndolod generates lods correctly for trees in a inner city space like whiterun. I think I need to add the town of whiterun to a exclusion list or something? I really could use help understanding how to do this.

The second question I have is how do I generate complex grass with dyndolod. STEP details altering a ini and setting enable complex grass to true but doesn't say what ini to alter. I think its a dyndolod ini. I think the STEP documentation is old however and maybe the ini has changed. I reviewed this comment and tried to clean up all typos I think I got everything and made it clear.

No links to support claims, no logs.

I think you maybe just aren't reading carefully.

Right so I read quite a lot actually I think you might have not had time to fully read my original post. I read posts back from 2018 from sheson stating Either disable that mod when generating tree LOD, or add a XESP - Enable Parent to the player reference 0x00000014 to each tree in question. Tree LOD generation skips all trees with enable parents leaving them to be done as static object or dynamic LOD which don't have the limitation.

But that has sense changed and with DynDOLOD 3 it can now disable the inital LOD building for the Tree lods in a inner city space so that they are handled different. Before 3.0 the only way to do this was via setting the trees to enable opposite of parent player like i said above but as of 3.0 this is no longer required. Apparently in earlier versions of Dyndolod 3 you had to edit the DynDOLOD_SSE_childworld_WhiterunWorld file in the following location: D:\Skyrim Tools and Backup\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Configs and  set Scan=0. This might have been what was required on initial launch and very quickly changed to what it is now. Now that very same ini in that location has a ignore line which does the work for you nothing required on your part. So my intal question was what to edit in the ini and were the ini was.. but the answer im telling you is that its built in and I could just run it. This information does not require a log or screenshot... there is nothing to screenshot....

What this means is that first what I was describing was the old way of doing it. The present way is much simpler in that it is done for you all you need to do is generate your file and your good to go. That is actually the solution. I try to know exactly what im doing before I do it otherwise if I had just generated blindly I would have found this out otherwise. Based on your response it looks like you did not read what I wrote. I only want to call attention to it because it is very difficult for me to type out sometimes - and to work as hard as I did on this subject and to be stonewalled so hard and find the answer myself after spending all day digging into it. I hope someone can benefit from this moving forward however and I hope you have a great day.

Edited by edmond

I have a question are hybrid tree models simply used to generate flat model tree lod or something else? Because the generated lod trees never look like the hybrid models their crowns are always lo res lod textures I've selected HD trees option in TexGen and the Ultra option in Dydolod with Lod Level4 set to Level 0 but it never changes is this intentional? Even on an clean unmodded game its always the same.

8 hours ago, Guest said:

If you mean you have a mod that adds trees to a child world like Whiterun and want to see them when being outside in Tamriel, then  see https://dyndolod.info/FAQ "No tree and no tree LOD for trees added to child worlds (cities) show in parent world":
The scan ignores most trees by default. The list of ignored base record Editor IDs is controlled by the Ignore= setting in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Configs\DynDOLOD_[GAME MODE]_childworld_[WORLDSPACE].ini under the [PARENT WORLDSPACE] section. For DynDOLOD to automatically make copies for trees, remove the matching Editior IDs from the list.

So, edit ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Configs\DynDOLOD_SSE_childworld_Whiterun.ini to remove editorIDs that match thetrees you want to show  from the Ignore= line

If you mean you have a mod that adds tree to Tamriel but the same area as Whiterun and there is stuck tree LOD when being in the city, then see https://dyndolod.info/FAQ "Billboard tree LOD shows in active exterior cells":
Tree LOD billboard showing in a child world like the walled cities, is caused by a game engine limitation. A plugin added a tree reference into the same area in the parent world. Tree references added to the Tamriel worldspace with positions that fall into the known vanilla areas of Markarth, Riften, Solitude, Whiterun and Windhelm should automatically be done as object LOD when LOD is generated by DynDOLOD 3 to avoid this engine limitation. For other child worldspaces or if the child worlds have been expanded, either disable that mod when generating tree LOD, or create a reference rule that targets the plugin and form ID of the full model tree and sets the Reference option to Enable - set all the other options the same as the tree mesh mask rule.. Tree LOD generation skips all trees with enable parents leaving them to be done as static object or dynamic LOD which don't have the limitation.

If neither generates the desired outcome, see first post and https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum how to make a post with logs and screenshots to report/ask about an actual problem.

I suppose you mean how do you generate grass LOD for complex grass. Generate HD grass LOD billboards with TexGen, then generate grass LOD with DynDOLOD. No INI settings need to be changed.

https://dyndolod.info/Help/TexGen#Grass-HD-Grass-Tree-HD-Tree-Rendered
HD Grass LOD billboards are for optional grass LOD generation. The option becomes available if grass models using ENB complex grass textures are found in the load order. Typically it is assumed that ApplyToBasicGrass=true is set in enbseries.ini, so HD grass LOD billboards will be generated for all grasses by default. Set ForceComplexGrass=0 in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\TexGen_[GAME MODE].ini to generate both types of grass LOD billboards. Set ForceComplexGrass=2 to always force HD Grass LOD billboards.

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Grass-LOD#Generating

3 hours ago, soupdragon said:

I have a question are hybrid tree models simply used to generate flat model tree lod or something else? Because the generated lod trees never look like the hybrid models their crowns are always lo res lod textures I've selected HD trees option in TexGen and the Ultra option in Dydolod with Lod Level4 set to Level 0 but it never changes is this intentional? Even on an clean unmodded game its always the same.

Read the first post which logs and debug logs to upload when making posts. Also see https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum

3D tree LOD models can be used for ultra tree LOD as explained at https://dyndolod.info/Help/Ultra-Tree-LOD

https://dyndolod.info/Help/TexGen#Tree-Grass-LOD-Billboards
HD Tree LOD billboards are for the optional ultra tree LOD generation.
They are rendered from the (static parts of) tree full models

Mesh mask rules define which LOD assets should be used. The Tree_Report.txt details what LOD assets were found and are actually being used. https://dyndolod.info/Help/Ultra-Tree-LOD#Generating

8 hours ago, sheson said:

I suppose you mean how do you generate grass LOD for complex grass. Generate HD grass LOD billboards with TexGen, then generate grass LOD with DynDOLOD. No INI settings need to be changed.

The user was probably referring to ENBSeries.ini [EFFECT] CG setting and conflating that with DynDOLOD INIs. Regardless, the comment implied that the Step guide documentation was 'old' and therefore irrelevant in part, which is simply not the case unless this person was looking at a deprecated or not-applicable guide (or not really RTFM). Since this user is no longer a member here, we won't be hearing back one way or the other.

14 hours ago, sheson said:

Read the first post which logs and debug logs to upload when making posts. Also see https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum

3D tree LOD models can be used for ultra tree LOD as explained at https://dyndolod.info/Help/Ultra-Tree-LOD

https://dyndolod.info/Help/TexGen#Tree-Grass-LOD-Billboards
HD Tree LOD billboards are for the optional ultra tree LOD generation.
They are rendered from the (static parts of) tree full models

Mesh mask rules define which LOD assets should be used. The Tree_Report.txt details what LOD assets were found and are actually being used. https://dyndolod.info/Help/Ultra-Tree-LOD#Generating

Logs

Yep and I tried various mask rules including setting Lod Level 4 to Full and while it generates full model trunks the leaves or rather crowns are just the same lo res splurge they are with other other possible parameter I've tried with it

19 hours ago, soupdragon said:

Anyone? I'm just curious if its intentional its fine I'll stay with Dyndolod 2.98 and its infinitely superior ultra tree crowns/leaves no problem.

2 hours ago, soupdragon said:

Anyone? I'm just curious if its intentional its fine I'll stay with Dyndolod 2.98 and its infinitely superior ultra tree crowns/leaves no problem.

This is a misinformed, assumptive, and incorrect statement. DynDOLOD 3 Alpha produces the exact same 'ultra' LOD trees as DynDOLOD 2.xx but has many more features to impact the output and is far more comprehensive in aiding the user and in the LOD it can produce. It's arguably a bit more work to configure, but far simpler to use once configured. There's no reason at all to use 2.xx for SSE. If your LOD is not right, it's because you aren't using it properly or because you don't have your prerequisites and/or your configuration is faulty.

So called "2D trees" are only 'billboards' in that they display the entire tree on a simple flat mesh. It's still a simple "3D tree" in object LOD and NOT a 'tradidional' Skyrim billboard tree. This is probably why the 'Ultra' tree nomenclature evolved. The tree images used for the 3D billboard trees are rendered 2D images of the 3D LOD trees and look exactly like the full trees (with obvious 2D limitations of such a projected image on a flat mesh) if LODs are made properly.

Ultra with Level0 used for LOD4 trees adds the 3D LOD tree models to the *.bto 'supermesh' (just like DynDOLOD 2.xx). Ultra with Billboard used for LOD4 trees adds the flat LOD tree models to the *.bto 'supermesh' with projected images of the 3D LOD tree (just like DynDOLOD 2.xx).

DynDOLOD 2.xx cannot render these billboard images from the 3D LOD trees. They must be made manually (or by using TexGen 3 Alpha, which is how most authors are making their texture tree billboards now :sleep:)

EDIT: have a look at the Step Guide as an example of how we use DynDOLOD 3 Alpha. I suggest running a simple vanilla setup in a new MO profile (or Vortex) with DynDOLOD 3 Alpha and prerequisites to get your config nailed (DynDOLOD config is ideal for vanilla by default). It takes less than 15 minutes to generate vanilla LOD with DynDOLOD 3.