DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 169

sheson

3 hours ago, sheson said:

If the are no unattached instance after doing that, then the clean save procedure was performed correctly.

Well i dont know, my only suspect was i didnt waited enough after removing dyndolod and making new save. Now i loaded save (it have no unattached instances, deactivated dyndolod and in interior) without dyndolod esm/esp, waited more and made new save, and it still getting unattached instances.

Loaded what save with my current version of dyndolod output (yes, probably bad idea given ids probably changed) and getting same 11 unattached instances.

Maybe it because something about papyrus in changelog? (checked, i upgraded from a94 to a95) Or resaver problem?

3 hours ago, sheson said:

This all reads like there is a mod/script causing problems.

Non cleaned by resaver save works fine. If i clean i got stuck on exit.

Since then i installed/updated some mods and. Still all was clamed safe to install/update by author.

So maybe it is not related to dyndolod.

Here not all scripts have sheson in name, idk it is yours or not.

fuuaSvj.png

Another question, if i want to remove Majestic Mountains, do i need clean save?

Edited by had

39 minutes ago, had said:

Well i dont know, my only suspect was i didnt waited enough after removing dyndolod and making new save. Now i loaded save (it have no unattached instances, deactivated dyndolod and in interior) without dyndolod esm/esp, waited more and made new save, and it still getting unattached instances.

Loaded what save with my current version of dyndolod output (yes, probably bad idea given ids probably changed) and getting same 11 unattached instances.

Maybe it because something about papyrus in changelog? Or resaver problem?

Non cleaned by resaver save works fine. If i clean i got stuck on exit.

Since then i installed/updated some mods and. Still all was clamed safe to install/update by author.

So maybe it is not related to dyndolod.

Here not all scripts have sheson in name, idk it is yours or not.

fuuaSvj.png

Maybe you have a mod/script causing problems. Check the papyrus log.
If cleaning saves causes problems, then do not clean saves. Especially if everything works as expected in the game.

Check the scripts folder of DynDOLOD Resources to see the papyrus scripts filenames which belong to DynDOLOD. They all start with SHESON_DynDOLOD_*

56 minutes ago, had said:

Was wrong here. It have no unattached instances.

Idk if it important.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Check the papyrus log.

Oh, i have error bloat from another mod.

Idk if it related to infinite loading then i tried to clean last time.

Probably would be a good idea to remove it and clean save, but i might get infinite loading again. Or even worse some not quickly spotable problem.

Would be not cool if my save so ruined so i cant clean.

1 hour ago, had said:

Guess i need another clean save and generating from scratch.

7 hours ago, gasperchen said:

1102349195_.thumb.png.51fb0372cc225a0f7e0742994059140a.png811828454_.thumb.png.f3d01e2947a9b6c05259f10c13f06480.png

My version is Skyrim AE edition and use vortex to install it. I tried to launch the game's launcher but it still showed the same.

This is the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread. 

You seem to be using using DynDOLOD 2.x. You seem to be starting it without the -sse command line argument.

Read the DynDOLOD 2.x installation instructions included in the DynDOLOD 2.x download archive. Start with DynDOLOD_QuickStart.html

For questions use https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/13894-dyndolod-beta-for-skyrim-special-edition-skyrim-vr-and-enderal-se-298/

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when making posts.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19f216S4HOt98t9oNIdShq3GXsslmiKRw/view?usp=sharing

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Read https://dyndolod.info/FAQ General Game Questions / Out of place or floating objects

For ruin thing seems just broken mesh.

Not sure for windows, i only able to select dyndolod object like this.

JQOVdZC.jpeg

Nothing overwrited, no script lag and so, other lods exists around.

LO not really changed after generating dyndolod output.

Read the log messages/summary and their explanations. https://dyndolod.info/Messages

There are plugins that need cleaning. There are lots of overwritten large references reported, which are one cause of z-fighting.

42 minutes ago, had said:

For ruin thing seems just broken mesh.

Why do you believe this has anything to do with DynDOLOD then? Best not to speculate about reasons and instead read the FAQ answers. Test if it goes away by disabling LOD with tll. If that is the case it is probably large reference bugs or stuck object LOD because of uLockedObjectLOD INI setting.

42 minutes ago, had said:

Nothing overwrited, no script lag and so, other lods exists around.

LO not really changed after generating dyndolod output.

Test with a new game as suggested by the FAQ answers. You did not mention if deactivating/activating from the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM main page as suggsetd by the FAQ answer did anything.

The previous posts about scripting issues might be related.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Why do you believe this has anything to do with DynDOLOD then?

Yes, i mean its non dyndolod mesh, reported to author. Will check better next time.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

There are plugins that need cleaning. There are lots of overwritten large references reported, which are one cause of z-fighting.

Yes, but i have no idea how to fix it. From docs seems like it is not user thing.

Reported some to authors, they dont care.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Test with a new game as suggested by the FAQ answers. You did not mention if deactivating/activating from the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM main page as suggsetd by the FAQ answer did anything.

Just checked, new game doesnt help too.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

The previous posts about scripting issues might be related.

Spotted this bug while ago before i regenerated dyndolod from scratch, but was too lazy to report.

Edited by had

16 hours ago, sheson said:

It is so the beams (of the two level highways)  show from both side.

If there is a normal game situation where the z-fighting on top can be seen, then let me know the coordinates, form ids, LOD model involved etc.

Okay, so I tested this some more. I tested with a vanilla game, and they also flickered. Opening some of the affected lods in Blender, it seems that some of the road pieces are what I'd describe as manually double sided, so that the faces are almost right on top of each other in the mesh. But I can't easily remove those faces without more manual rework of the mesh, as seams develop.

I verified the following two are affected:

• HWSingleChunkLarge01_LOD_0.nif
  • HWSingleStr01_LOD_0.nif

Seeing these and observing what was causing the issue, and the fact that the issue didn't affect any of the two level highways with beams, I simply applied a separate material without the two-sided flag to the following LODs which were visually similar. I don't believe that there will be any visual degradation for these without the two-sided flag.

• HWDoubleChunkLargeTop01_LOD_0.nif
  • HWDoubleChunkLargeTop02_LOD_0.nif
  • HWDoubleChunkLargeTop03_LOD_0.nif
  • HWSingleChunkLarge01_LOD_0.nif
  • HWSingleChunkLarge02_LOD_0.nif
  • HWSingleCurveL01_LOD_0.nif
  • HWSingleCurveR01_LOD_0.nif
  • HWSingleEndCap01_LOD_0.nif
  • HWSingleEndCap02_LOD_0.nif
  • HWSingleEndCap03_LOD_0.nif
  • HWSingleRampDown01_LOD_0.nif
  • HWSingleRampUp01_LOD_0.nif
  • HWSingleShiftL_LOD_0.nif
  • HWSingleShiftR_LOD_0.nif
  • HWSingleStr01Free_LOD_0.nif
  • HWSingleStr01_LOD_0.nif
  • HWSingleStr02Damaged_LOD_0.nif
  • HWSingleStr02Free_LOD_0.nif
  • HWSingleStr02_LOD_0.nif
  • HWSingleStrExit01_LOD_0.nif
  • HWSingleTranMidRampShiftR01_LOD_0.nif
  • HWSingleTranOutRampShiftR01_LOD_0.nif
  • HWSingleTransInRampShiftR01_LOD_0.nif

Afterward, I quickly tested the entirety of the highways to see if there were any issues, and all the z-fighting was gone.

Here is my proposed fix: https://mega.nz/file/wYgiFbQY#ysGAkjuRGy6DExRhhpat2RQvuyR_yV7Ek51mlDcUCT0

8 hours ago, had said:

Just checked, new game doesnt help too.

You did not mention if deactivating/activating from the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM main page as suggsetd by the FAQ answer did anything.

What are the steps to reproduce this problem?

Steps taken to generate LOD

Ran xLODGEN to only generate terrain LODs, opened skyrim to cache grass like instructed, ran dyndolod TEXGEN selected generate grass LODs, Ran Dyndolod with grass enabled via expert mode settings.

Grass LOD generated correctly, but is completely grey. There also is a noticeable 20m gap between where the rendered grass ends and the LOD begins.

I am using folkvangr grass, although I'm not sure if that affects anything.

274061934_SkyrimSE2022-07-2022-19-46-min.thumb.jpeg.063800dd6082763b96ee1eae5a3911c7.jpeg

2 hours ago, WhoWhatWhen said:

Steps taken to generate LOD

Ran xLODGEN to only generate terrain LODs, opened skyrim to cache grass like instructed, ran dyndolod TEXGEN selected generate grass LODs, Ran Dyndolod with grass enabled via expert mode settings.

Grass LOD generated correctly, but is completely grey. There also is a noticeable 20m gap between where the rendered grass ends and the LOD begins.

I am using folkvangr grass, although I'm not sure if that affects anything.

274061934_SkyrimSE2022-07-2022-19-46-min.thumb.jpeg.063800dd6082763b96ee1eae5a3911c7.jpeg

Moved the post to the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread. Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when making posts.

Check that the generated grass LOD billboards look correct, use better GrassBrightnessTop* or GrassBrightnessBottom* settings as explained at https://dyndolod.info/Help/Grass-LOD. If all 3 values for top or bottom are the same, then the colortone of the grass LOD billboard is not changed. If ENB is used, disable to test its affect.

As explained at https://dyndolod.info/Help/Grass-LOD, grass LOD starts either beyond the active cells (uGridsToLoad) or beyond the large reference grid (uLargeRefLODGridSize) depending on the Mode that was in the DynDOLOD advanced options. Set the DynDOLODGrassMode in the NGIO INI accordingly so that full grass renders to where grass LOD starts.

Make sure grass cache files have been generated for those cells.

Could someone fill me in on what this DynDOLOD Worshipper Activator is and why it is overwriting dragonsreach? I am using Open Cities and followed the instructions for setting it up. I can and have manually resolved this, just unsure why it is happening in the first place.

Screenshot 2022-07-20 121222.png