DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 169

sheson

11 hours ago, Dwailing said:

I reverted to the 22.5.1 driver and it worked perfectly, so it's definitely connected to how AMD has changed their OpenGL implementation in the new driver. If there's nothing you can do on your end I understand, but it's a cause for concern so I wanted you to be aware if for no other reason than so you can put a warning up for AMD GPU users that there might be issues which can be resolved by reverting drivers.

The error pops up with other, non-cubemap textures, so I don't think that's the reason. The top post in the thread said to truncate the session log to the relevant generation, so that's what I did. There's no bugreport.txt in the folder from that session as far as I can see.

The first page says to "truncate large log files to the entire last meaningful generation" since each session is appended the log.

Stop/Uninstall other crapware from AMD that gets installed with the driver, like the AMD's Radeon Software. It caused problems before.

Add a line TextureCache=10 to ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\TexGen_[GAME MODE].INI to test if it makes a difference.

If there is an error with other textures, then update the new log and debug log.

Let me know which mod(s) the reported texture(s) come from. Test if it happens with vanilla.

6 hours ago, soupdragon said:

So I periodically check the latest alpha to see if I can succesfully generate high quality Ultra tree/HD tree leaf textures with 3.00 and it seems I can't, its vastly inferior in that dept to 2.98 which is disappointing and seems a backwards step honestly. If anyones managed to succesfully generate HQ leaf textures for HD trees I'd love to know how you managed it. 

n.b. ultra tree on left, "full" tree on the right. Bark textures for trunk, branches etc are fine its leaves that just look awful if anyone knows how to fix please let me know.

https://ibb.co/TrrFVH5

Logs

Neither TexGen/DynDOLOD 2.x or 3.x do not generate any leaf textures for 3D tree LOD models. They simply use the installed textures that are defined by the 3D tree LOD model NIF.

Depending on the UV of the 3D tree LOD model the texture may be used directly or form the object LOD texture atlas. That may be different.

Make sure the screenshot actually shows tree LOD by disabling all LOD with tll in console.

Neither the screenshot or post do not say which tree record / model the problem in particular happens with. Determine which 3D tree LOD models are used, which textures they use and which mod(s) they come from.

11 hours ago, HiTMAN31X said:

I encounter this warning, latest Dyndolod 3 version.

Sans-titre.png

Moved the post to the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread.

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when making posts.

I am not quite sure what the point of posting a screenshot of text from the DynDOLOD documentations is. 

Read the explanations in order to understand what the log messages means and what/if anything needs to be done about it.

I am relatively new to DyndoLOD (and Skyrim SE).  Normal LODs seem to work and load ok.  However I can't get any tree LODs to work  After running DyndoLOD not even Vanilla tree LODs load. I am using the ultra tree feature because when I used the regular trees it said it ran out of space in the lod files (or some such similar warning).  I am using several tree mods as well as seasons.

Edited by primem0ver

20 hours ago, sheson said:

Neither TexGen/DynDOLOD 2.x or 3.x do not generate any leaf textures for 3D tree LOD models. They simply use the installed textures that are defined by the 3D tree LOD model NIF.

Depending on the UV of the 3D tree LOD model the texture may be used directly or form the object LOD texture atlas. That may be different.

Yes thats certainly true for 2.98 it uses the textures defined within passthru_LOD nif and that looks great but as you say 3.00 uses textures\lod\dyndolod\dyndolod_tamriel.dds instead for some reason and therein lies the issue because it looks awful. Passthru_LOD nif(s) is identical for both versions. I wish I could force it to use the default textures somehow.

I'll get back to you with the rest of the details

On 7/30/2022 at 11:09 PM, Kansas72 said:

I have an issue with new 3.0 version.  I included log.  I hope you can help identify the problem.  First time using it.  Thank you

Error: OpenGL: invalid operation while processing 61AA1E45

https://paste.ee/p/m6mND

Read the first post which debug log and bugreport.txt to also upload when making posts.

On 7/31/2022 at 12:10 AM, Kansas72 said:

Found a fix.  Apparently it was my pc which is weird.  I had to change for it to run in performance mode.  Very weird.

Maybe just running it a second time was all that was needed. Verify the theory by changing the mode back to what it was to see if the problem happens again.

On 7/31/2022 at 1:12 AM, primem0ver said:

I am relatively new to DyndoLOD (and Skyrim SE).  Normal LODs seem to work and load ok.  However I can't get any tree LODs to work  After running DyndoLOD not even Vanilla tree LODs load. I am using the ultra tree feature because when I used the regular trees it said it ran out of space in the lod files (or some such similar warning).  I am using several tree mods as well as seasons.

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when making posts.

For each tree that you want LOD for, a tree LOD billboard and an optional 3D tree LOD model is required. Use TexGen to generate all required/desired tree LOD billboards.

On 7/31/2022 at 4:44 AM, soupdragon said:

Yes thats certainly true for 2.98 it uses the textures defined within passthru_LOD nif and that looks great but as you say 3.00 uses textures\lod\dyndolod\dyndolod_tamriel.dds instead for some reason and therein lies the issue because it looks awful. Passthru_LOD nif(s) is identical for both versions. I wish I could force it to use the default textures somehow.

I'll get back to you with the rest of the details

That in itself is not a problem, in fact that is what is supposed to happen. The problem is that something happens along the way or seems incompatible across the versions.

Provide the required information so I can replicate the setup to see what the actual issue is and address it.

Hi all.

I want to set up 3D lods on Enchanced Vanilla Trees. I'm on LE and using DynDOLOD 3.

When installing at the end, I chose the option "No Lods". In DynDOLOD i checked Ultra Trees. Everything is as shown in a dozen guides that I looked at.

I've been trying to set up 3d lods for quite some time now. I can't figure out if I've managed to make 3d trees and I can't figure out how to get rid of this gap. Do I understand correctly that if the 3d lods are installed correctly, then there will be no noticeable transition from the full model to the lod?

I don't understand why if DynDOLOD 3 create lods from a full tree, they end up being different.

Do I understand correctly that DynDOLOD 3 itself can create 3d trees based on those in my loadorder?

I also set to zero fTreeLoadDistance=0.0 . And inspected the .ini with BethIni.

Also i tried to generate lods with the Billboard Generator that comes with EVT (although it seems that the generator is not needed with DynDOLOD 3). And without him.

Regarding my loadorder - at the moment I'm not using any mods other than EVT to make the process more transparent.

Short video

But my goal is quality like in this video  

I have tried many options. And I'm confused. I don't understand what I'm missing.

Thank you!

Edited by HaveAQuestion

1 hour ago, HaveAQuestion said:

Hi all.

I want to set up 3D lods on Enchanced Vanilla Trees. I'm on LE and using DynDOLOD 3.

When installing at the end, I chose the option "No Lods". In DynDOLOD i checked Ultra Trees. Everything is as shown in a dozen guides that I looked at.

I've been trying to set up 3d lods for quite some time now. I can't figure out if I've managed to make 3d trees and I can't figure out how to get rid of this gap. Do I understand correctly that if the 3d lods are installed correctly, then there will be no noticeable transition from the full model to the lod?

I don't understand why if DynDOLOD 3 create lods from a full tree, they end up being different.

Do I understand correctly that DynDOLOD 3 itself can create 3d trees based on those in my loadorder?

I also set to zero fTreeLoadDistance=0.0 . And inspected the .ini with BethIni.

Also i tried to generate lods with the Billboard Generator that comes with EVT (although it seems that the generator is not needed with DynDOLOD 3). And without him.

Regarding my loadorder - at the moment I'm not using any mods other than EVT to make the process more transparent.

Short video

But my goal is quality like in this video  

I have tried many options. And I'm confused. I don't understand what I'm missing.

Thank you!

Moved the post to the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread. Read the first post.

Upload the log and debug log when making posts as explained on the first post.

Read https://dyndolod.info/Help/Ultra-Tree-LOD what is required for 3D tree LOD and how to generate it and what logfile to check to see which assets where found and used.
DynDOLOD will use the 3D tree LOD models installed in the load order.

As explained lots of times already, DynDOLOD does not change how the engine works. There is always a difference between active cells and the LOD, because they are distinctly different things and because LOD does not support all shaders and options like full models. There will always be loading of full models and unloading of object LOD models afterwards with a brief overlap. Read https://dyndolod.info/How-LOD-Works.

Read https://dyndolod.info/Help/3D-Tree-LOD-Model how to create 3D tree LOD models. DynDOLOD does not create LOD models.

Standard tree LOD is automatically when generating ultra tree LOD, so changing fTreeLoadDistance has not affect.

"Billboard generator" is a FMOD installer that installs pre-generated billboard textures. As explained in the documentation, do not install any 3rd party billboards. Use TexGen to generate billboards.  https://dyndolod.info/Help/Tree-Grass-LOD-Billboards

If you have a problem with the quality of assets shipping with a mod, consider creating your own as explained or talk to the author of the mod.

If you have a problem with third party instructions, best to read and follow the always updated and current DynDOLOD documentation instead, otherwise ask the author of the third party instructions.

If the goal is to have things look like in the second video, then you will need to use Skyrim Special Edition and follow the instructions of the video.

have a question I normally switch music mods in my playthrough. Since dyndolod make edits in worldspace it tends to be incompatible cause the music doesn't work. would it be any problem for me to leave personalized music under dyndolod esp?

On 7/30/2022 at 9:36 PM, sheson said:

For each tree that you want LOD for, a tree LOD billboard and an optional 3D tree LOD model is required. Use TexGen to generate all required/desired tree LOD billboards.

I did this.  However I think I fixed it.  Tree LODs seem to be working now. It was an issue with MO2 where old (bad) output that had been redirected to overwrite was overwriting my most recent run of dyndolod

9 hours ago, MarkAim said:

have a question I normally switch music mods in my playthrough. Since dyndolod make edits in worldspace it tends to be incompatible cause the music doesn't work. would it be any problem for me to leave personalized music under dyndolod esp?

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Load-Overwrite-Orders#After-Generation
In case new LOD generation is not needed or wanted, it is also possible to use xEdit to manually patch the new conflicting records in the DynDOLOD plugins (or whatever plugin is the last to overwrite a record that requires the forwarding) or sort the plugin to load after the DynDOLOD plugins.

49 minutes ago, primem0ver said:

I did this.  However I think I fixed it.  Tree LODs seem to be working now. It was an issue with MO2 where old (bad) output that had been redirected to overwrite was overwriting my most recent run of dyndolod

We do not really know what was done or not.

If the the instructions are followed, there never should not be any LOD files in the MO2 Overwrite folder.

https://dyndolod.info/Generation-Instructions
Select an output path. The output path should be outside of special OS folders like 'Programs Files' or 'Program Files (x86)', User, Documents, Desktop, Download and also not in SteamApps, game or any mod manager folders.
Install the contents of the output path or the *.zip archive as a mod.  It should overwrite everything.

On 7/31/2022 at 5:36 AM, sheson said:

That in itself is not a problem, in fact that is what is supposed to happen. The problem is that something happens along the way or seems incompatible across the versions.

Provide the required information so I can replicate the setup to see what the actual issue is and address it.

Ok lets try and establish a baseline. Only plugins active are SBT, USSEP, a weather mod and some miscellaneous CC content. Installed SKSE, SSE Engine Fixes, Papyrus Utils

Installed DynDOLOD-Resources-SE.3.00-Alpha-27.7z with minimum options. Ran TexGenx64.exe with default options, ticked HD Tree box. Generates succesfully, zipped and installed via mod manager.

Ran DynDOLODx64 loaded rules for High, ticked Ultra, unticked other boxes i.e. occlusion etc to speed up generation, select Tamriel worldspace only for the same reason

Generates succesfully. Installed and enabled via mod manager.

And this is the result, vanilla leaf textures (loaded tree on the left, LOD tree on the right)  HD Tree version is very low quality

And its literally every Tamriel pine tree model SBT covers with no exception (ignoring aspen trees at this point I'll worry about them later)

For some reason non-vanilla i.e. mod tree added refr's are absolutley fine i.e. Vurt's Pines, Oaks etc I know from previous generate attempts its just vanilla/sbt trees that have the issue and its not just vanilla textures any leaf retexture, same result

So to summarise: only Simply Bigger Trees plus a few essential mods/dlc. Vanilla leaf textures. Latest Dyn version/resources. All HD pine tree ref's in Tamriel worldspace have the same result. Doesn't effect mod added custom tree models/references. Could you detail what more information is required because I'm unclear at this point

Logs