v1.1.0 - Feedback & Bug Reports

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I installed this guide following all instructions and found some kind of issue with the stewieai ini file that comes with the STEP CR patch mod. When I load the step CR patch mod, the game will CTD before even loading to the main menu. When I remove the stewieai.ini from the STEPCR folder, the game boots to menu just fine. 

I manually added the ini file from the stewieai mod page into the nvse folder of the StepCR mod - the game booted

I went through and manually enabled certain options and found that the game would crash before menu when "bRestore2Hotkey = 1". Setting it back to 0 stopped the crashing. I don't know if it has something to do with my setup but anyone having the same problem could try and see if this fixes it.

Edited by teq2077

12 hours ago, teq2077 said:

Hello,

I installed this guide following all instructions and found some kind of issue with the stewieai ini file that comes with the STEP CR patch mod. When I load the step CR patch mod, the game will CTD before even loading to the main menu. When I remove the stewieai.ini from the STEPCR folder, the game boots to menu just fine. 

I manually added the ini file from the stewieai mod page into the nvse folder of the StepCR mod - the game booted

I went through and manually enabled certain options and found that the game would crash before menu when "bRestore2Hotkey = 1". Setting it back to 0 stopped the crashing. I don't know if it has something to do with my setup but anyone having the same problem could try and see if this fixes it.

@Majorman Will need to validate, but it's possible that you don't have an implicit prerequisite for that setting value. It seems like it would only be valid with a particular hotkey config. So it could also be something that was unintentionally carried along with his personal config.

@teq2077thanks for pinpointing the issue for me. I have just reinstalled Windows on a new M2 SSD and I have to reinstall some core programs (like Steam and Direct X) and drivers before I can test the issue myself. It might take 2 or 3 days. 

I suspect the issue is caused by Stewie's plugin itself. I have a version that was last updated on December 31, he has released some updates in rapid succession (the latest on January 23). I will come back when I have tested this. 

• Thanks 1

OK, so I finally got to test the issue and I couldn't replicate it. No CTD with neither the older v 7.05 of Stewie's Tweaks, nor the latest v 7.21. Judging from the "Bugs" section on the Nexus, there was an issue with version 7.16 of the mod, but should be solved now. I will update the guide later today regardless, leaving a note for those that experience CTD to modify the tweaks.

@Drak and @teq2077: I would suggest updating to v 7.21.

• +1 1

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I saw a little weird thing.

Some NPC are "stuck" like something hold them in the air and sometimes they even vanish right after i killed them.

Is it normal or did i do something wrong?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also Vulpes Inculta is not at Nipton when i go there for the first time. Is it a part of a fixe?

EDIT: Apparently, this was cause by the english version of YUP. I'm using a french version of the game (Steam) and the english and french version of YUP are quite different.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sans titre.jpg

Edited by Manos

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

All in all, I'm having a great time with the guide! The mods make sense, and provide the 'enhanced vanilla' experience I was looking for. Thanks for all the hard work that went into it.

The only issue I've run into so far, is clipping goggles (NCR trooper helmet with goggles, vulpes' headgear). After enabling and disabling a bunch of plugins, Ive narrowed the issue down to FCO. Have I missed a fix for this somewhere, made a mistake, or is it a known issue?

On 3/20/2022 at 2:24 AM, Rulfgard said:

Hi,

All in all, I'm having a great time with the guide! The mods make sense, and provide the 'enhanced vanilla' experience I was looking for. Thanks for all the hard work that went into it.

The only issue I've run into so far, is clipping goggles (NCR trooper helmet with goggles, vulpes' headgear). After enabling and disabling a bunch of plugins, Ive narrowed the issue down to FCO. Have I missed a fix for this somewhere, made a mistake, or is it a known issue?

This one was all @Majorman with testing and guidance by/from @Greg so it's nice to get some validation I'm sure. Maybe one of them will have advice for your issue.

@Rulfgard the clipping goggles (especially on Vulpes) is a known issue of FCO. I don't know a fix; it never bothered me too much actually. I will have a look at FCO assets to see if I can come up with anything. It's caused by FCO making cheekbones more prominent. 

5 hours ago, Majorman said:

@Rulfgard the clipping goggles (especially on Vulpes) is a known issue of FCO. I don't know a fix; it never bothered me too much actually. I will have a look at FCO assets to see if I can come up with anything. It's caused by FCO making cheekbones more prominent. 

@MajormanThanks for the response, I suppose I'll have to live with it then :)

I did find 'FNV Goggles vs Face Clipping Fix' on the Nexus, which fixed the clipping for the NCR trooper helmet goggles for me (not sure if I'm allowed to link it directly). I haven't been able to find anything for Vulpes, though.

Edited by Rulfgard

• 1 month later...

Hey ya'll, just finished assembling my own copy of the New Vegas STEP modlist, and ran into two curious problems:

1) I also get the bRestore2Hotkey CTD from the IStewieAI ini file. As with others, setting it to = 0 fixed it. (I know you're already aware of it; just adding another data point, so to speak)

2) My HUD got kinda messed up, where Subtitles were non-existent and my cross-hair was just a small, overlay-coloured square in the middle of the screen, with some other smaller squares off to the left side. I was, however, able to fix this problem myself by re-installing oHUD without the DarnUI TTW Patch and the xml file change. Then it works just fine.

I am fully willing to concede I did something wrong, but I'm (mostly) sure I didn't, especially where I went back and re-installed a copy of oHUD with the Patch and the xml file edits to capture these attached screenshots, and re-produce the glitch.

Other than that, absolutely no complaints whatsoever. This is the smoothest I think I've ever seen New Vegas run, in fact!

Overlay01.jpg

Overlay02.jpg