v1.1.0 - Feedback & Bug Reports

@AiKiXeNthey are no longer needed and are no longer featured on the guide itself. Iscontroller (and IsControl Enabler, both mods serve the same purpose) is a relatively new tool that handles the patches between different animation mods and weapon mesh mods for you based on a json script. If you found those patches, place them below Anniversary Anim Pack, but you can delete them all the same.

Citing from the mod's page

• Version 1.9d

• Removed pre-patched meshes, use ISControl Enabler instead for patchless enjoyment.

Thank you for the update on the Anim patches. I have removed them.

I have now made it out of Doc Mitchell's house for testing. It looks really nice, but I noticed all of the aliased jaggies and remembered I should have 4x antialising activated. When I looked in the ini file, iMultiSample=0. I loaded up BethINI again and none of the changes that it makes are getting saved when i click Save and Exit. I'm not sure why? It's like it reverts changes. I did notice that when you make a change in BethINI, the change gets saved automatically in the .ini file...so I made all of the necessary changes and copied the .ini files to a backup folder. Then I exited BethINI...of course it reverts the changes, but then I cut and paste the changed .ini files I backed up into the profile folder, overwriting the BethINI reverted ones and all of the changes are active. I hope that made sense.

I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong with BethINI, but I at least worked around it. Now I need to go back and add in all of the custom fallout.ini and falloutprefs.ini changes the mod guide had me make, but there's just a handful.

Edited by AiKiXeN

If you are running profile-specific INI file, you should go to the first tab and tell BethINI which instance of Mod Organizer to use and which profile to use instead of selecting a specific folder. This is about all I think can think of offhand that might gum up the works.

The right side of my screen has persistent HUD elements and I'm not sure how to make them disappear? In the MCM, selecting Adjustable HUD brings up the very HUD I need gone, but I do not see an appropriate setting to get rid of it from the screen once I exit the MCM.

fnvhud.png

Edited by AiKiXeN

1 hour ago, AiKiXeN said:

The right side of my screen has persistent HUD elements and I'm not sure how to make them disappear? In the MCM, selecting Adjustable HUD brings up the very HUD I need gone, but I do not see an appropriate setting to get rid of it from the screen once I exit the MCM.

fnvhud.png

Those are DarnUI elements, you can disable then in the MCM.

I'm still running around Goodsprings admiring how great the textures look. This was the easiest modding of FNV I've done over the years. I greatly appreciate the mod guide and the choices that have been made. It's been years since I modded FNV, and I don't remember ever using an LOD generator, so distance viewing was always bare in my game...but now it looks amazing.

I went up to Goodsprings Cemetery to look in the direction of the New Vegas strip and saw a lot of texture z-fighting in that direction. I know it happens with far off mountain, rock, ground textures...and that it's just part of the game engine and not much can be done...unless there have been any advancements/discoveries in the last several years you can share? But I did find a mod that eliminated the texture flickering I was seeing around McCarran and that direction, so maybe consider it for a review.

Less Flickery City of New Vegas - Created by FaramH
https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/72061

Edited by AiKiXeN

Is there a mod that changes the F3 key from opening the Pipboy Data screen to a quickload last save? That's what happens in my game when I use F3...a quickload. Looking to change F3 back to Pipboy Data screen. Wondering if it's a setting buried in the MCM? I looked at the Falloutprefs.ini for the function key settings, but don't see them.

Also, I have a few files in my Overwrite folder after running around in the game for a bit. It's a Config folder with a couple .ini files and a .cfg file. Do I just move those files to their appropriate mod in the left panel? Animated Ingestibles and Immersive Recoil 2.0 are the mods.

@theblackman would you volunteer as a tester? The principal work is done, I am currently experimenting with weather and lighting , LOD setup, body mods (all seem too revealing, so probably won't change anything) and have yet to try the Clean Vanilla ESPs that you suggested. Still, I don't think I'll remove any of the mods currently listed, maybe add a couple more. If you are interested, I'll try to upload the patches (currently two, haven't merged them yet, as I am experimenting with some stuff) tomorrow (EET, or GMT+ 2, it will be nightime in the US) and you can start. The Changelog section is complete as well, so hopefully, you'll have a smooth transition.

1 hour ago, Majorman said:

@theblackman would you volunteer as a tester? The principal work is done, I am currently experimenting with weather and lighting , LOD setup, body mods (all seem too revealing, so probably won't change anything) and have yet to try the Clean Vanilla ESPs that you suggested. Still, I don't think I'll remove any of the mods currently listed, maybe add a couple more. If you are interested, I'll try to upload the patches (currently two, haven't merged them yet, as I am experimenting with some stuff) tomorrow (EET, or GMT+ 2, it will be nightime in the US) and you can start. The Changelog section is complete as well, so hopefully, you'll have a smooth transition.

Sure.  While you're doing that I'll do a clean install of FNV and install the mods in the guide.

On 8/13/2022 at 8:42 PM, AiKiXeN said:

Is there a mod that changes the F3 key from opening the Pipboy Data screen to a quickload last save? That's what happens in my game when I use F3...a quickload. Looking to change F3 back to Pipboy Data screen. Wondering if it's a setting buried in the MCM? I looked at the Falloutprefs.ini for the function key settings, but don't see them.

It took me while to remeber where I've seen it... It's achiveable via Stewie's Tweaks.

1. Double click on the STEP Patch mod folder, navigate to the Filetree tab and then click "Open Mod in Explorer".
  2. Navigate to Step Fallout NV CR Patch\nvse\plugins and open nvse_stewie_tweaks.ini file.
  3. Withing the file search (Ctrl+F) for [Hotkeys].
  4. In the hotkeys section change
    ; replaces the vanilla hotkey (F3)
    iPipboyDataKey = 0

You have to replace the "0" with the new key you want to bind. The list of applicable values is available here.

5. Start the game and use the ingame Setting menu to re-bind Quickload to F3.

14 hours ago, theblackman said:

Sure.  While you're doing that I'll do a clean install of FNV and install the mods in the guide.

I have attached the patches to this post because I have issues logging to my Dropbox. Make sure you follow the install instructions below:

1. When you reach the end of the guide, just install the Step patch as it says.
  2. Double click on the mod in MO to open the menu, go to Plugins tabs and move the ESP to "Opional ESPs".
  3. Download the archive attached to this post and manually install it as a new mod.
  4. When LOOT sorts your loadorder, manually place STEP FNV Patch Lite.esp near the end of your load order, just above FNVLODGen.esp, tmzLODadditions.esp and Altitude.esp to avoid it being overwritten.

I'll fix loadorder issues with the patch by adding more Masters to it in xEdit, but won't have time to work on that before Monday.

You might want to test the ESM Fixes and BSA recompiler yourself, I still haven't done this myself and so haven't decided whether they will make it.

Step Fallout NV Conflict Resolution Patch 1.2.0 beta.zip

15 hours ago, Majorman said:

It took me while to remeber where I've seen it... It's achiveable via Stewie's Tweaks.

Thank you. I'll change it this weekend.

I'm looking over all the new mod additions and deletions for v1.2.0 of the Mod Guide. The changelog shows Lucky 38 Lights Redone has been added, but it is not currently listed in the v1.2.0 guide...in case it was missed.

• Thanks 1

Thanks. Fixed. Let me know if you find other issues. Some of the mods might instruct you to download WMX patches. That will be entirely wrong and a result of me screwing up the archived version of the guide (1.0.0) and carrying over the old instructions rather than the current ones. Report such instances if I've left any.