v1.1.0 - Feedback & Bug Reports

59 minutes ago, MistahFixIt said:

Hey ya'll, just finished assembling my own copy of the New Vegas STEP modlist, and ran into two curious problems:

1) I also get the bRestore2Hotkey CTD from the IStewieAI ini file. As with others, setting it to = 0 fixed it. (I know you're already aware of it; just adding another data point, so to speak)

2) My HUD got kinda messed up, where Subtitles were non-existent and my cross-hair was just a small, overlay-coloured square in the middle of the screen, with some other smaller squares off to the left side. I was, however, able to fix this problem myself by re-installing oHUD without the DarnUI TTW Patch and the xml file change. Then it works just fine.

I am fully willing to concede I did something wrong, but I'm (mostly) sure I didn't, especially where I went back and re-installed a copy of oHUD with the Patch and the xml file edits to capture these attached screenshots, and re-produce the glitch.

Other than that, absolutely no complaints whatsoever. This is the smoothest I think I've ever seen New Vegas run, in fact!

Overlay01.jpg

Overlay02.jpg

I will ping @Majorman and @Greg for you. They both know this game pretty well. I have little/no XP with FO games outside of the general Bethesda rules of thumb.

43 minutes ago, z929669 said:

I will ping @Majorman and @Greg for you. They both know this game pretty well. I have little/no XP with FO games outside of the general Bethesda rules of thumb.

Much appreciated, but I think I know what I did wrong: I somehow skipped over the part in the oHUD instructions referring to the xml file edits being for bugfixing purposes, and not a part of the 'primary' instructions. Installing a fresh copy of oHUD without the xml edits, and everything's as it should be.

Apologies for the false alarm!

20220509195719_1.jpg

Edited by MistahFixIt

Using Ragdolls as an example, the instructions are to "Download and install the Ragdolls and NOT the Ragdolls TTW main file. Then install the Blind Deathclaw and the ED-E fixes under the Optional Files tab. Choose Merge when prompted."

For this one, download and install the Ragdolls main file as a new mod named Ragdolls. You'll then install the "Ragdolls - Blind Deathclaw Fix" optional file. If you used the Mod Manager Download button, this optional file installs as Ragdolls and you are prompted to replace or merge. Select merge. If you downloaded the files with a browser and you click Install Mod (or drag the file from File Explorer onto the left pane), you'll get a dialog with the parsed name at the top. Change the name to Ragdolls (to match the name of the installed mod) and click install. Mod Organizer will then prompt to replace or merge. Select merge.

Repeat the same as above for the Ragdolls - EDE Fix (Maybe) optional file to merge this one into the installed Ragdolls mod.

Also note that merging the main file and all optional files into a single mod is mostly an organizational aid to help keep the left pane somewhat tidy and organized.

I have another install question.  When I try to run XEditQuickAutoClean I get an error message 'No modules in data folder,' which from what I've read means I need to launch the game with the launcher to update the registry keys.  But when I try to launch the game I get a  message saying that no ini file was found.  I followed the guide really close and I don't think I did anything I wasn't told to do.  What might be causing this?

If you are indeed running xedit.exe, you should use the -FNV argument to tell it to use Fallout New Vegas. This should not be necessary if you are running FNVEdit.exe.

Run Fallout4NVLauncher.exe from File Explorer not from Mod Organizer.  If you still get the error, check the Fallout New Vegas folder to verify Fallout_default.ini, high.ini, low.ini, medium.ini and veryhigh.ini all exist. If these files are missing you may need to reinstall the game.

9 hours ago, Greg said:

If you are indeed running xedit.exe, you should use the -FNV argument to tell it to use Fallout New Vegas. This should not be necessary if you are running FNVEdit.exe.

Run Fallout4NVLauncher.exe from File Explorer not from Mod Organizer.  If you still get the error, check the Fallout New Vegas folder to verify Fallout_default.ini, high.ini, low.ini, medium.ini and veryhigh.ini all exist. If these files are missing you may need to reinstall the game.

All the files are there.  Still get the error when launching from File Explorer. Also, xedit is creating a folder in the FNV install folder called G:\Fallout New Vegas\Fallout New Vegas\Data\FNVEdit Cache when I run it.  That doesn't sound right, does it?

That path seems wonky to me. I'd expect it to be more like G:\GOG\Fallout New Vegas or G:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout New Vegas or something similar if you have Steam installed in a different path from the Stream library.

@z929669, @MistahFixIt, I recently discovered that DarnifiedUI has been updated recently (as in after the last update on the guide) and streamlined. I was planning to do a check for mod updates in the coming weeks, but have been really busy playing Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire and didn't find the time.

I will really try to check for updates on the modlist soon and update the modlist accordingly. It will be a small update,just to ensure everything is up to date.

• Like 1

Update: I went through the mods and updated the installation instructions where necessary. Added one mod to the list (iscontroller), it is a soft requirement to one of the old mods that got updated. Those that do not have iscontroller will miss some weapon recoil animations, that is all. It is safe to install iscontraller mid-play, it will not break anything.

@MistahFixIt  I updated my version of DarnUI to the latest available and also reinstalled oHUd from scratch with all its bugfixing. I think you might have forgotten to install the scripts via the fallout.ini update the first time and that's the reason you didn't see any text. oHud works as intended with DarnUi all the bugfixing edits. But since you found a workaroung - no need to tinker it further.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hello. Just completed the Step FalloutNV Guide v1.1.0. I am unable to launch the game after completing all steps. I receive "Fatal Error: Missing Masters" because the plugin "EMR-StealthSuitMkII.esp" is missing.

image.thumb.png.b3d686cab86d78256a2c4f95149d394c.png

All mods and plugins appear to be successfully installed and activated, but I do not have the EMR-StealthSuitMkII.esp plugin available to activate.

Which mod is supposed to be providing this plugin? I thought I had pinpointed it to Project Nevada and attempted to completely reinstall that mod and all related mods (standalone & sound fix) but that did not resolve my issue.

27 minutes ago, lordmontezuma said:

Hello. Just completed the Step FalloutNV Guide v1.1.0. I am unable to launch the game after completing all steps. I receive "Fatal Error: Missing Masters" because the plugin "EMR-StealthSuitMkII.esp" is missing.

image.thumb.png.b3d686cab86d78256a2c4f95149d394c.png

All mods and plugins appear to be successfully installed and activated, but I do not have the EMR-StealthSuitMkII.esp plugin available to activate.

Which mod is supposed to be providing this plugin? I thought I had pinpointed it to Project Nevada and attempted to completely reinstall that mod and all related mods (standalone & sound fix) but that did not resolve my issue.

@Majorman or @Greg likely can help. Either a mod was recently updated, or you missed an instruction when installing the mods in the guide.

8 hours ago, z929669 said:

@Majorman or @Greg likely can help. Either a mod was recently updated, or you missed an instruction when installing the mods in the guide.

You're correct - I missed a file. Looks like this plugin was tied to "The Legacy of X13" mod which I had neglected to install. Sorry for the red herring post!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The latest version of "Brotherhood and House Truce" mod (14-Gameplay-Quests), requires "FPGE - Functional Post Game Ending" as well as "The Living Desert", which are not covered by the guide, resulting in an error message when launching the game.

9 hours ago, Akatosh said:

The latest version of "Brotherhood and House Truce" mod (14-Gameplay-Quests), requires "FPGE - Functional Post Game Ending" as well as "The Living Desert", which are not covered by the guide, resulting in an error message when launching the game.

@Majorman or @Greg May be able to assist