Discussion topic:
FIZZLE by dAb
Wiki Link

This mod would seem prudent if we pick up any of the relevant mods that distribute spells to NPCs. It also keeps the PC in check. Most likely will have some compatibility issues with some of the other related mods, so patching may be necessary. Come to think of it, this mod may be redundant with these mods as well:

Odin is an overhaul of magic spells and doesn't include any restrictions for casting; just like in vanilla if you have enough magic to cast the spell, then you can cast it, period. This mods seems to be entirely for introducing level restrictions to spells based upon the player's current skill level within the specific schools. It certainly sounds interesting.

• 1 month later...

I don't do magic much in Skyrim aside for 'tools' like healing, enemy detection, telekinesis, etc. That said, I have had no issues with this mod in my general testing. Given the description, I think it's a good fit for Step in that it incorporates some vanilla-friendly fixes and essentially enhances immersion/realism. I will place this same note on the new magi-related mods we are testing for Step.

• 3 months later...

This mod is annoying! LOL. But it definitely adds a bit of realism to the game. You can't be confident that your Fast Healing spell is going to work! Got just enough magicka to cast that high level alteration magic spell and you are still level 20 alteration? Forget it. You'll need to put in the necessary practice before you get so lucky as to successfully cast it.

I like it, but I'm sure some people won't simply because it makes magic that much harder.

1 hour ago, DoubleYou said:

This mod is annoying! LOL. But it definitely adds a bit of realism to the game. You can't be confident that your Fast Healing spell is going to work! Got just enough magicka to cast that high level alteration magic spell and you are still level 20 alteration? Forget it. You'll need to put in the necessary practice before you get so lucky as to successfully cast it.

I like it, but I'm sure some people won't simply because it makes magic that much harder.

I've ran into this with a few higher level destruction spells. Just remember it's doing the same thing to the NPCs. No more getting blasted by high level spells when you accidentally enter the wrong around too early from exploring! 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...