Spell Perk Item Distributor (by powerofthree)

TechAngel85

• 1 month later...

I don't do magic much in Skyrim aside for 'tools' like healing, enemy detection, telekinesis, etc. That said, I have had no issues with this mod in my general testing. Given the description, I think it's a good fit for Step in that it incorporates some vanilla-friendly fixes and essentially enhances immersion/realism. I will place this same note on the new magi-related mods we are testing for Step.

• 6 months later...

Click Requirements and you'll see powerofthree's Tweaks.

Scroll down and expand the spoiler on the 5.1.0-5.0 changelog and you'll see: "Adds editorID lookup that requires powerofthree's Tweaks." under the 5.1.0 release.

The information is there in the mod description, but it requires peeking behind a couple of curtains to see the hidden information.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'd like to move this mod to Resources. It doesn't expand on anything from game. It simply provides another way of doing what you can already be done with plugins...nothing is "expanded" or "added".

• It doesn't fit our definition for Extenders: "expand on the inherent functionality of a game or another mod"
  • It does fit our definition for Resources: "solely provide assets intended specifically for use by another mod"

1 hour ago, TechAngel85 said:

I'd like to move this mod to Resources. It doesn't expand on anything from game. It simply provides another way of doing what you can already be done with plugins...nothing is "expanded" or "added".

• It doesn't fit our definition for Extenders: "expand on the inherent functionality of a game or another mod"
  • It does fit our definition for Resources: "solely provide assets intended specifically for use by another mod"

I agree.

• 10 months later...

So, I downloaded and installed version 6.2.0 on November 24th.  It seemed to work fine with my save games.  On the 27th, the MA made available version 6.3.0-rc and 6.3.0-rc1.  All three of those versions have since been moved to the 'file archive' section and are no longer downloadable.  Anyway, after I installed both of the 6.3.0 release candidates (first the rc version and then shortly thereafter updating to the rc1 version), my newly created save files (under the 6.3.0 versions) would crash the game when attempting to load them.  At this point I had already deleted any older versions of SPID I had previously stored on my computer.  So the only file I can currently download/install to test crashing is version 6.1.0.  I can no longer load any save game which was saved under 6.2.0 or later.  I'm not 100 percent certain it's the later versions of SPID causing the crashing since I no longer have them to test with.  Is anyone else able to test this?  In any case, it might be worth checking which version you currently have installed since 6.1.0 is the latest supported version by the MA.  I'd be cautious of running any later versions you may have downloaded in the past week.

Edited by Kattmandu

Sorry about your troubles. This link will download 6.2 from Nexus: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/36869?tab=files&file_id=334032

Word of advice: don't install SKSE plugin updates as soon as they're released, especially with an ongoing playthrough. Wait a few days and let the dust settle. It's ok to completely skip updates too, just like any other piece of software. An update is necessary only if it fixes an issue you're experiencing, or adds an essential new feature you absolutely need. Otherwise as the saying goes, if it's not broken - don't fix it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DoubleYou said:

You can download the buggy newer versions from his Github: https://github.com/powerof3/Spell-Perk-Item-Distributor/releases

Thanks, I downloaded/installed 6.2.0 and created a new save using 6.2.0.  The game still crashes when loading a newly created save under 6.2.0 so it must be something else going on.  Not even sure how to find the cause.  I suppose I'll just wait until the 2.2.0 version of the Step guide is released, reinstall all the mods per the Step guide, start a new game and never update any mods from that point forward.  And hopefully Bethesda is done updating Skyrim.  This will probably be the 100th time (over the past 10 years) I've had to start a new game due to the game crashing.  *sigh*