aMidianBorn Content Addon (by CaBaL & kryptopyr)

Mercury71

22 minutes ago, CorneliusC said:

Since the main file which holds the texures is a bsa, it won't show any conflicts or overwrites with existing loose files? Weren't there some creatures, Dragonpriest Acolytes etc. that STEP preferred to be vanilla or otherwise modded? Also, if there are still clothes textures in the file, wouldn't they overwrite 'Rustic Clothing' in its current position?

I believe this setting allows conflict resolution from within archives.

image.png

Rustic clothing gets overwritten, yes. That's why it's in Foundation. We still need to determine details of overrides.

2 hours ago, z929669 said:

I believe this setting allows conflict resolution from within archives.

Great feature, never knew this existed. But since it is experimental and comes with a warning attached, it is something to only temporarily enable, i suppose?

2 hours ago, z929669 said:

Rustic clothing gets overwritten, yes. That's why it's in Foundation

In the current setup the clothes folder in Book of Silence is set to be hidden, to not overwrite 'Rustic Clothing'.

21 minutes ago, CorneliusC said:

Great feature, never knew this existed. But since it is experimental and comes with a warning attached, it is something to only temporarily enable, i suppose?

I keep it enabled always.

23 minutes ago, CorneliusC said:

In the current setup the clothes folder in Book of Silence is set to be hidden, to not overwrite 'Rustic Clothing'.

It's only the bandit outfit, which can also be hidden in the Content Addon.

2 hours ago, CorneliusC said:

I keep it constantly enabled as well. The one caveat is that to be aware of is that this does not show conflicts with assets in the base game and DLC archives (because this would be seriously slow), but it's great when you need to see asset conflicts between mods.

1 hour ago, Greg said:

I keep it constantly enabled as well.

Thank you both. I'll keep this on as well.

3 hours ago, z929669 said:

It's only the bandit outfit, which can also be hidden in the Content Addon.

With the  'Archives parsing' feature enabled, i can look inside the bsa, but cannot hide specific folders, i.e. the 'Clothes' folder. But the mentioned folder is still being overwritten by the one in 'Rustic Clothing', so all is good; this might be a matter of loose files winning over archives maybe?

Edited by CorneliusC

1 hour ago, CorneliusC said:

Thank you both. I'll keep this on as well.

With the  'Archives parsing' feature enabled, i can look inside the bsa, but cannot hide specific folders, i.e. the 'Clothes' folder. But the mentioned folder is still being overwritten by the one in 'Rustic Clothing', so all is good; this might be a matter of loose files winning over archives maybe?

I think you can double click on the BSA and look in it regardless of that setting. That setting allows MO to parse for conflict detection is all.

The loose assets are what matters though, because they override anything in a BSA (Rustic Clothing is loose)

24 minutes ago, z929669 said:

I think you can double click on the BSA and look in it regardless of that setting.

True, you could always do that, regardless of '... archives parsing' feature being enabled. But the BSA is shown as a preview window, you can open the singular files and folders, but cannot manipulate them, at least i cannot ...

15 minutes ago, CorneliusC said:

True, you could always do that, regardless of '... archives parsing' feature being enabled. But the BSA is shown as a preview window, you can open the singular files and folders, but cannot manipulate them, at least i cannot ...

My bad ... I must've extracted the BSA and added it to the mod (and have NO memory of doing this).

As I mentioned. Rustic Clothing is loose files, so you don't need to do anything but install these mods and check the conflicts.

image.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Mod updated on Nexus

• Version 3.0.0

• FOMOD installer.
    • Removed CCOR requirement; consequently a separate non-CCOR version is no longer offered.
    • Corrected slot position of _b texture in the Savior's Hide White and Black Variants' texture sets.
    • Added new matching weapons for the Gilded Ebony, Gilded Elven, Gilded Thalmor, Silvered Ebony, Thalmor, Thalmor Glass, and Vvardenfell Glass armors. These weapons are craftable and are distributed in ways that mirror their respective armors.
    • Provided Greatsword Scabbard, Believable Weapons, and LeanWolf's Better-Shaped Weapons options for relevant weapons.
    • Added option to install matching weapon textures for the aMidianBorn retexture of the "vanilla" Ebony Armor and meshes with shader properties adjusted for consistency (textures based on the Ebony weapon textures from Project Clarity), with mesh support for Animated Armoury, Katana Crafting, and Heavy Armory.
    • Added option to install matching weapon textures for the aMidianBorn retexture of the "vanilla" Elven Armor (textures based on the Ebony weapon textures from Project Clarity).
    • Added option to install modified Glass meshes which replace the various specular colors used by vanilla Glass with a uniform white specular for optimal consistency, with additional mesh support for Animated Armoury, Glass, Tweaks, Katana Crafting, Heavy Armory, and Practical Female Armors..
    • Adjusted Thalmor Glass and Vvardenfell Glass armor textures for improved consistency.
    • Added a patch for Animated Armoury - DAR Version - New Weapons with Animations which enables aMidianBorn variants of Animated Armoury's new weapons.
    • Added a patch for Heavy Armory - New Weapons which enables aMidianBorn variants of Heavy Armory's new weapons. This is an updated version of the patch included in the Heavy Armory installer.
    • Added an additional patch to resolve leveled list conflicts between the Animated Armoury and Heavy Armory patches.
    • Added a patch for Stealth Skills Rebalanced which adds fingerless gaunlets for the aMidianBorn variants and resolves some leveled list conflicts.
    • Removed some duplicate files which were already included in the aMidianBorn Book of Silence SE - CCOR CONTENT ADDON .bsa.

Another update:

• Version 3.0.1

• Corrected format of the optional Elven weapons textures so they appear correct in game.
    • Corrected scabbard normal map file paths on a pair of optional LeanWolf's Better-Shaped Weapons meshes.
    • Minor texts edits to the FOMOD for improved clarity.

• 3 weeks later...

Small update.

• Version 3.0.4

• Replaced "vanilla" LeanWolf's Glass Dagger and Sword white-specular meshes with ones with the correct scabbards.
    • Added "vanilla" LeanWolf's white-specular Glass Arrow and Chillrend meshes.