Soul Gems Differ - Full and Empty (by Utopolyst)

stoppingby4now

I know there has been a ton of TES5Edit learning here, but unless someone has some time to review the FOMOD then I'm declaring it finished and final. I am done with the polishing (all that I could think of on my own anyway). It should provide a good installation experience for the user.

File: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1_Nlyy2ueu0OUR6bWlGZTVOMXM/edit?usp=sharing

I will get the localization finished. Just finished downloading all of the foreign language strings and need to determine how to associate with the main plugin and the Requem patched version.

Sorry I'm milking it. Will try to finish this evening!

Not much smaller. Out of 7504 lines only 235 are associated with the the non-English esps.

So once this localization stuff is hashed out, will these have to be installed in the FOMOD according to the language selected or will the 4 main ESPs automatically detect and use the correct version according to whatever language the game is using?

Either way, I know how I'm going to implement them if they have to be installed. It might take 5-10 minutes tops to implement and test....then the FOMOD will be final unless there are any critiques from any reviews. If whatever is being done for localization doesn't have to be installed, then deleting the code will take 2-3 mins tops....and done! ::):

I finally figured out the multilingual support (I think). It is NOT simple. TESVEdit does not seem to be able to do it correctly, as the names get jumbled and mis-assigned after saving. More later after I get a workflow nailed down.

Sorting, weighted plugin done (7 more to go, including Requiem compatibility). Will likely finish tomorrow, as it is getting pretty late here .... at least I have figured it out I think. Needed to use Skyrim Localizer ... it is the only tool that was simple enough to use that actually worked once I figured out I needed to generate the unique IDs.

Plugin attached ... @SRB, could you verify it looks right? It should just be your version of Soul Gems Differ - E.esp with localization and the four languages.

Worked for me. I'm going to have to learn that or someone should do a wiki page for it.

Hey so what type of permission do you have for this mod? And what other mods do you permission to upload files for so I can see if they need updating? Asking for that other project we started behind the scenes.

I wish I could get the strings to work under TESEdit, but it just does not work (for this case) using several strategies ... and if it did work, it would be convoluted. I think it has to do with the item IDs somehow. TESEdit assigns integers 1-16 to the base plugin (weight and sorting) ... I can only see these IDs in Skyrim Localizer BTW. The strings for this are new and unique, so they are not in the vanilla English strings. Skyrim Localizer does not add any IDs (ID=0 for all) unless you tell it to do so (which I have learned is a requirement for this particular job), and the IDs it assigns to each string are 6-digit integers that are consistent for each gem of each plugin. This seems also to be the only alternative to TESEdit that will actually create the localized version of the plugin (much simpler and faster to use than TESEdit).

I responded to your questin in that other thread.

OK, I am finished.

@SRB

Could you give it all a look to verify? This is my first foray into any kind of plugin and language manipulation.

Once you sign off, then Tech can use these assets in place of all other plugins.

The way this works is that the user installs ONE plugin only, depending on if Requiem is used and the sorting/weight settings desired.

NOTE: I want to maintain WB compat, so we need to keep the BAIN format I think. If anyone wants to update the BAIN Wizard I wrote, I won't stop them!

OK, I am finished.

@SRB

Could you give it all a look to verify? This is my first foray into any kind of plugin and language manipulation.

Once you sign off, then Tech can use these assets in place of all other plugins.

The way this works is that the user installs ONE plugin only, depending on if Requiem is used and the sorting/weight settings desired.

NOTE: I want to maintain WB compat, so we need to keep the BAIN format I think. If anyone wants to update the BAIN Wizard I wrote, I won't stop them!

For some reason the two petty soul gem entries for German are "Soul Gem I: Kleiner" instead of "Seelenstein I: Kleiner". Didn't see anything else wrong with the plugins. I'd do the WizBAIN, but I'm a little busy with other stuff.

I've never messed with BAIN wizards so looks like it might be all you, Z. Once someone give the go-head, I'll update the FOMOD. Once the BAIN is updated, I'll also work on that all-in-one installer by setting up the FOMOD to use the file structure of the BAIN archive.

Well, if you download the BAIN version and look at wizard.txt, it is very straingt forward. Simpler than the FOMOD even I think. No big deal, if you guys don't want to do it, I will eventually get there. Just as long as the FOMOD allows all install options and has some easy presets for STEP defaults, no big deal.

Anyway, attached is the corrected update files with the German strings corrected. Please verify that I did not muck anything up.

Soul Gems Differ - UPDATE v2.7z

I can update it if I look at the wizard and can understand it. As for the FOMOD, it was two options. STEP recommended installation and custom installation. That's it. I can easily add in any other preset options if those are spelled out....sort of the purpose of the review that no one did.  :-_-:  So until then, those are the options it has. It'll probably be tomorrow evening before I can update the FOMOD. Heading to bed shortly and work first thing in the morning.

OMG!!! This just went from 16 files to 104 files!!!!  ::O:  :O_o:  How exactly was this more efficient and better than the 16 files??? :huh:

I've got to come up with how to write this...thinking this is just as complicated (if not more) for the FOMOD...probably more. (-_-')

...where's my wine? :pinch: ...going to need a drink.

OMG!!! This just went from 16 files to 104 files!!!!  ::O:  :O_o:  How exactly was this more efficient and better than the 16 files??? :huh:

I've got to come up with how to write this...thinking this is just as complicated (if not more) for the FOMOD...probably more. (-_-')

...where's my wine? :pinch: ...going to need a drink.

I thought that FOMODs let you install an entire folder at once right? Just break it into 4 folders and boom you're good to go. I mean the strings all have the proper naming NS, NW, NWS... should be pretty easy.