Soul Gems Differ - Full and Empty (by Utopolyst)

stoppingby4now

Okay, here it is: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1_Nlyy2ueu0TGlBODN2QXByRWc/edit?usp=sharing

This is just the initial working version! It is not polished yet so any suggestions will be taken into consideration. Test, test, test! I don't think there are any issues because I test along the way, but it's impossible for me to test every single combination. A few things:

• The is not compatible with the BAIN file! I restructured the files to ease the writing for myself. The file is the entire mod but structured differently than the BAIN file. I can make this BAIN compatible so we can have an "All-in-One" installer; however, for the sake to pushing this out a.s.a.p. I didn't at this time. If such a file is desired, I can work on it over time to make the FOMOD work with the BAIN file structure and release it later.
  • A few pictures and better descriptions will be added. I was solely focused on making it all work for this review.
  • DO NOT upload or use this anywhere! It is NOT final!
  • I purposely designed every path to end on a final "Install the mod" page. This is more user friendly than some FOMODs that install from hitting the "Next" button (which is unexpected from a user viewpoint). This will also allow any final words added to the last page before installation. Currently there are three final pages. One for STEP installation, one for custom installation if glows were installed and one for custom installation if glows were not installed. This was also necessary to fix the glow pages displaying even if they weren't selected to be installed (had to reset a flag to another value in order to cancel it out which fixed that issue). These multiple pages would allow for a semi custom ending page as well.

UPDATE:

I've updated the link with a version that I've polished out a bit.

[*]Launch TESEdit from MO

[*]Select and load only SGD ESPs (one at a time) and Requiem.esp

3. Create an override using the Requiem record as a base - save to "Soul Gems Differ - Requiem.esp"

4. Merge the few changes from Soul Gems Differ into the new ESP.

5. Save, and repeat from the top, but use Hard Times, and save the file as "Soul Gems Differ - Requiem Hard Times.esp"

6. After that, repeat for the different ESP varieties.

I've updated the link above with a version that I've polished out a bit. I've added in some pictures back in as well as created some completely new ones that were missing to show off a few of the options. I've confirmed that SkyUI will sort the sortable versions of the mod, as well, without the need for a sorting mod installed. SkyUI does the job nicely by itself. There is still a lot of polish work to do but that's what I was able to finish before heading to work.

Any suggestions for descriptions and images will be most appreciated! :thumbsup:

3. Create an override using the Requiem record as a base - save to "Soul Gems Differ - Requiem.esp"4. Merge the few changes from Soul Gems Differ into the new ESP.5. Save, and repeat from the top, but use Hard Times, and save the file as "Soul Gems Differ - Requiem Hard Times.esp"6. After that, repeat for the different ESP varieties.

LOOT sorts SGD after Requiem ... do I need to manually flip this or do I forward changes from Reqiuem?

Also, I am not sure how to create an override and save to. I will poke around, but ... ?

LOOT sorts SGD after Requiem ... do I need to manually flip this or do I forward changes from Reqiuem? Also, I am not sure how to create an override and save to. I will poke around, but ... ?

Read this guide. It's for FNVEdit, but nearly all of the editing instructions apply to TES5Edit equally well. By this point, you should be able to understand my instructions.And for completeness, for the Requiem version, even in records that Requiem doesn't modify, copy those to the SGD Requiem ESP because I'd imagine only that ESP wil be used in-game.

OK, I knew about that guide but had no handly links.

Its about time I figured this stuff out anyway :/

I assume that you mean that the SGD requiem 'patch should be constructed as a stand-alone alternative plugin that is Requiem compatible (only Requiem.esp is master) and not really a patch using two masters ... ?

Yes, it should be a standalone plugin that doesn't depend on any other SGD ESPs, but on Requiem. As I've pointed out before, the Hard Times unofficial extension needs its own patch because it makes more changes to the soul gem records than Requiem does, so do not neglect that.

I don't see the changes to the soul gem records that Hard Times makes. Only the Requiem.esp changes the vendor keyword for black soul gems. Everything else is just values.

EDIT: I can't find a place that needs to be patched just from Hard Times. All that are needed are replacer plugins for Soul Gems Differ that have Requiem values, a couple weights, and the black soul gem vendor keyword.

Skyrim.esm and requiem as masters.

Yes, it should be a standalone plugin that doesn't depend on any other SGD ESPs, but on Requiem. As I've pointed out before, the Hard Times unofficial extension needs its own patch because it makes more changes to the soul gem records than Requiem does, so do not neglect that.

These are conflicting instructions ...

It makes most sense to create a stand-alone plugin for Soul Gems Differ - Requem.esp (a compatibility plugin that only requires Requiem.esp as a master) rather than a patch plugin that requires both Soul Gems Differ - x.esp and Requiem.esp

Then I will create another stand-alone compat version called Soul Gems Differ - Requem - Hard Times.esp that will require both Requiem.esp and Hard Times.esp as masters ... sound right?

Making a patch is a waste of a plugin slot. Just make replacers of the current ones with the requiem changes and forget about Hard Times, it did not make any changes to Soul Gems that needed patching. WilliamImm may just be mistaken about which plugin does the vendor keyword changes.

Also, do not use the Requiem Object Bounds, load USKP with requiem and soul gems differ and only use the vanilla and USKP object bounds. If tech added the plugins I gave him last night to his FOMOD, then they are already updated with the USKP fixes, and if not just use these plugins as your base: https://copy.com/p4uAdqQ8XltQ

They can all be loaded at the same time so you only have to start TES5Edit once. Don't mess with the FULL - Name sub record  line and only change the weight of plugins that DO NOT have a 'W' in their plugin name. When you are finished you can just add '- Requiem -' somewhere in all the plugin names.

EDIT: I can't find a place that needs to be patched just from Hard Times. All that are needed are replacer plugins for Soul Gems Differ that have Requiem values, a couple weights, and the black soul gem vendor keyword.

Agh, must have been somewhat asleep. Hard Times does change the soul gem records directly, but only to add a drop sound and add a "linked to" record for each gem (which SGD already does). Everything else is the same as Requiem. So, basically, just make the Requiem compatible version.I actually did correctly state which plugin does the vendor changes (Requiem itself), but I guess that's been lost in the shuffle.