Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch (by Unofficial Patch Project Team)

TechAngel85

• 1 year later...

Mod updated.

From AFK Forum:

"USSEP 4.2.6 has been uploaded for immediate release.

Yes, before anyone asks, you WILL require the Anniversary Edition update - but not the paid $20 package with the other 70 DLCs in it.

As per normal policy with game updates, no, we will NOT provide access to a previous version of the patch."

5 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

Now that is just infuriating. You would think that they would make an exception here to their normal policy. 

So the translation is that if you want to use their patch:

"you must be a SKSE AE beta tester and not use any mods requiring SKSE support (until they are updated)."

So this obviates anyone from modding the game using some rather foundational and useful mods if they don't have a copy of the previous version (unless we drop this mod).

EDIT: I see comments on Nexus that SkyUI does work with SKSE for SAE but not sure about other SKSE-dependent mods.

Also see this post

and this

... I don't see SSE Engine Fixes and many other useful mods as 'obscure'.

1 hour ago, z929669 said:

So the translation is that if you want to use their patch:

"you must be a SKSE AE beta tester and not use any mods requiring SKSE support (until they are updated)."

So this obviates anyone from modding the game using some rather foundational and useful mods if they don't have a copy of the previous version (unless we drop this mod).

EDIT: I see comments on Nexus that SkyUI does work with SKSE for SAE but not sure about other SKSE-dependent mods.

Also see this post

and this

... I don't see SSE Engine Fixes and many other useful mods as 'obscure'.

Here is the "official" list to se if mods are updated for new SKSE: https://modding.wiki/en/skyrim/users/skse-plugins

47 minutes ago, Mercury71 said:

Here is the "official" list to se if mods are updated for new SKSE: https://modding.wiki/en/skyrim/users/skse-plugins

Looks like USSEP is compatible with latest update to SSE 1.6.318, but I've seen mention of an update to vanilla SSE that itself is not SAE but rather a prerequisite for SAE. Can anyone confirm? Not at my home PC all day, so cannot look at this stuff myself until the weekend.

IF SSE update is NOT SAE, and it remains available, and SKSE supports it, there may be some hope for SKSE plugins ... but I am not clear on this.

EDIT: looking at the list linked, it's a bit more clear that 1.6.318 IS SAE ...

Post by Arthmoor what will happen to USSEP during 2022: https://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/topic/5960-ussep-plans-for-2022/

"So what does this mean going forward? After discussing it with Garthand, it means that the USSEP will have 4 additional masters attached to it. This will be a hard requirement, with no fallback option available. Just as with the integration of the DLC into USLEEP for Skyrim LE, and the integration of the DLCs into the UFO4P. "

Here is from a post made by "garthand" today in respons of all the flaming going on:

" Full disclosure, I’m a member of the USSEP team but have focused on fixing the CC content almost exclusively since 2017, so my only USSEP contributions since then have been upstream fixes like the horse animation fixes.

First off I’d like to apologize because I know this is certainly going to be unwelcome news to many people. I might write a more thorough post in the future to explain the internal dynamics of the USSEP team but the tl;dr is basically that rolling these into the patch is going to reduce the workload on the USSEP team, especially when it comes to filtering out bug reports from console users who can’t disable the CC content they’ve been stuck with.

If it was up to me, we’d simply open up the permissions of USSEP and stop accepting external bug reports to reduce our workload. Unfortunately, we inherited the patch project from Kivan on the condition that we would keep the permissions closed and try to prevent rival patches, (he had some bad memories from rival patches in the Morrowind era, apparently). We really didn’t want to have to make a competitor patch from scratch and well… all I can say is it seemed like a good deal at the time.

Once I get the Unofficial Creation Club patches fully updated for AE, I’m going to see if there’s a way to offer better support for people who don’t want CC content in their game, (maybe an xEdit script that strips out the CC dependencies and related records).

Sorry again, I know this isn’t what everyone hoped to hear. "

Link to thread

This is not really going to affect us, in the end. The Guides are down, at this point, due to mods not being updated for the new version of the game. Once those are back up and running, then we'll be back to full swing. This is because we've accepting the free update as just another game update, like any other one from the past. V2 of the SE Guide will support the full AE content.

On 11/26/2021 at 8:48 AM, DoubleYou said:

I have added a short description to the mod page instructions pointing users to the 4.2.5b file, as otherwise they may not know to use that version.

This link was already set in the mod info box. I created 'blank' 2.0.0 recommendations to keep them separate.

I came to this Forum to post a comment about  the "Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch" in the Step SkyrimSE Guide v1.0.0,, and the comment posted within {"Download version 4.2.5b for SSE runtime 1.5.97 linked at top right in the info box. ").  I was going to suggest that this URL {"https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/266?tab=files&file_id=209150"}  be used in place of the mod's official URL, or put it in the mod's Guide comment.

After reading this conversation, and learning that the next version of the Guide will support AE, `I still think this change would be beneficial .  I went to the mod's page on AFK mods, looked it over thoroughly and didn't find the link mentioned in the note (but then, I'm not familiar with the term 'info box' and am not sure  if I was looking at it).

1 hour ago, Decopauge123 said:

I came to this Forum to post a comment about  the "Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch" in the Step SkyrimSE Guide v1.0.0,, and the comment posted within {"Download version 4.2.5b for SSE runtime 1.5.97 linked at top right in the info box. ").  I was going to suggest that this URL {"https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/266?tab=files&file_id=209150"}  be used in place of the mod's official URL, or put it in the mod's Guide comment.

After reading this conversation, and learning that the next version of the Guide will support AE, `I still think this change would be beneficial .  I went to the mod's page on AFK mods, looked it over thoroughly and didn't find the link mentioned in the note (but then, I'm not familiar with the term 'info box' and am not sure  if I was looking at it).

Are you saying that you didn't see the link in the info box? I feel like it's pretty obvious, given the description to look "at top right".

image.png