DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

Hi sheson,

I've read the documentation on patching but I think I need a concrete example :)

I'm trying to patch Enhanced Landscapes for Herds of Skyrim. I understand how the .inis need to be named etc. However, I don't want to disable every instance of an object; I want to disable a specific reference to an object.

Would you please give a specific example of this, specifically when dealing with REFIDs? I'm not really sure how to handle prefixes in this instance. :)

Have a look at the contents of DynDOLOD_enhancedlandscapesesp.ini for example

LODGenX=[pluginfilename.esp];[formid],,,,,Delete,0

The formid has to be a reference

Edited by sheson
  • +1 1

So it Looks like it is an issue of Simply Knowck with that inofficial dll.

Not the unofficial .DLL file provided. If you go into that mod's original setup, there is a copy of the papyrus .dll file in there for some reason. If that copy is loaded after the updated Papyrus Utilities, then it is, in essence, loading an old copy. The unofficial SK file works fine - you just need to ensure that SK's original file structure does not overwrite Papyrus Utilities - this is why Sheson noted that mod authors shouldn't include it in their mod file structures.

Quick question, blackbriarchalet.nif, rtsnowshowhouse01.nif, rtplayerhouse01city.nif, and presumably a number of others (I got bored and clicked "yes to mod") in DyndoLOD Resources are overriding the same files from the ENB Particle Patch. Should we overwrite them?

Yes

If you are generating 3D tree LOD, the billboards are used for the higher LOD levels and fall back only in case a 3D LOD models is not found. Billboards are LOD resources for "2D" tree LOD only.

It seems the mod is just replacing the full textures used by the branches. You will need to create 3D LOD models with the green tree branches textures. The texture needs to be converted to a LOD texture with adjusted alpha channel. You will find more info in DynDOLOD\Docs\trees.ultra\tools\DynDOLOD_CreateStaticTree.html

I'm trying to understand the process but until I do, what if I hide all treeaspen0*passthru_lod.nif from the resources? Will DynDOLOD revert to billboards instead? Not perfect (I've already tried a 2D trees DynDOLOD and, although the lods now match the green aspens, they don't look as good after playing with 3d tree lods for months)... But a temporary fix until I manage to get those 3d models.

Edited by godescalcus

I'm trying to understand the process but until I do, what if I hide all treeaspen0*passthru_lod.nif from the resources? Will DynDOLOD revert to billboards instead? Not perfect (I've already tried a 2D trees DynDOLOD and, although the lods now match the green aspens, they don't look as good after playing with 3d tree lods for months)... But a temporary fix until I manage to get those 3d models.

This is what mesh rules are for. Just create a new rule similar to the second to last "tree" mesh rule, but for "treeaspen" with all LOD levels set to Billboard.

Edited by sheson

Manage to go one step further, there's another green aspen mod, luxor's Natural Aspen Trees that requires RAT to be installed and recolors it. LlM8cZZ.jpg

I "guessed" since the billboard "checksum" suffix is the same as RAT's, that would mean DynDOLOD would still be recognizing RAT's mesh replacers (which are untouched by luxor) and so, if set to generate 3d trees, it would use your static models provided in the resources for RAT. So I took luxor's treeaspenbranchcomp0*.dds, resized them to 512 and used nvdxt to adjust the alpha with 0.1 threshold, and renamed them adding the 'lod' suffix before .dds, so that they replace DynDOLOD's lod textures. I actually generated DynDOLOD without adjusting alpha, and the lod models were too thin. So I regenerated with the adjusted alpha and the result was better. This is where I'm at, now:

LOD without alpha adjustment / Threshold 0.1 LOD models / When the full model kicks in:

GYBHhjC.pngp7rF4ZG.pngne0ORyy.png

I see improvement when the alpha is adjusted but there's still a huge difference in how the lighting affects the trees, both stem and branches but especially the stem. Any ideas what this might be? What bark texture does dyndolod use on the static 3d with flat trunk? Could this be simply compensated for with reducing lighting when generating dyndolod, or is there a better way to improve it?

Edited by godescalcus

Manage to go one step further, there's another green aspen mod, luxor's Natural Aspen Trees that requires RAT to be installed and recolors it. LlM8cZZ.jpg

I "guessed" since the billboard "checksum" suffix is the same as RAT's, that would mean DynDOLOD would still be recognizing RAT's mesh replacers (which are untouched by luxor) and so, if set to generate 3d trees, it would use your static models provided in the resources for RAT. So I took luxor's treeaspenbranchcomp0*.dds, resized them to 512 and used nvdxt to adjust the alpha with 0.1 threshold, and renamed them adding the 'lod' suffix before .dds, so that they replace DynDOLOD's lod textures. I actually generated DynDOLOD without adjusting alpha, and the lod models were too thin. So I regenerated with the adjusted alpha and the result was better. This is where I'm at, now:

LOD without alpha adjustment / Threshold 0.1 LOD models / When the full model kicks in:

GYBHhjC.pngp7rF4ZG.pngne0ORyy.png

I see improvement when the alpha is adjusted but there's still a huge difference in how the lighting affects the trees, both stem and branches but especially the stem. Any ideas what this might be? What bark texture does dyndolod use on the static 3d with flat trunk? Could this be simply compensated for with reducing lighting when generating dyndolod, or is there a better way to improve it?

They use a rendered billboard trunk texture that I made years ago. I recently updated the too bright 3D tree LOD aspen tree trunks for another project. They will be part of the next DynDOLOD Resources SE version.

In the meantime download this to get the updated RAT hybrids. Just overwrite the older meshes from DynDOLOD Resources SE 2.43. To save some time you can run DynDOLOD in expert mode and just Execute LODGen for Tamriel again to update only the object LOD meshes.

Try removing or not generating mipmap with the LOD texture you created. It should help with the alpha.

Edited by sheson

i've got a very heavily modded game and i'm trying to add the new Voyage of the Dreamborne Isles mod to it (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/20048)
if i just add it to my load order, old saves CTD and new characters ILS. without DynDOLOD, everything is fine. i redid my LOD with Voyage installed, everything processed fine, but i get the same CTDs and ILSs.
am i reaching some limit? i haven't tried doing a new DynDOLOD with just Voyage, since it takes forever to do redo it, and i thought i'd ask here first to see if there's a wiser plan of action.

P.S.
Voyage includes DynDOLOD resources (LODs and settings) am i doing something wrong with those? 
any help would be greatly appreciated 

i've got a very heavily modded game and i'm trying to add the new Voyage of the Dreamborne Isles mod to it (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/20048)

if i just add it to my load order, old saves CTD and new characters ILS. without DynDOLOD, everything is fine. i redid my LOD with Voyage installed, everything processed fine, but i get the same CTDs and ILSs.

am i reaching some limit? i haven't tried doing a new DynDOLOD with just Voyage, since it takes forever to do redo it, and i thought i'd ask here first to see if there's a wiser plan of action.

P.S.

Voyage includes DynDOLOD resources (LODs and settings) am i doing something wrong with those? 

any help would be greatly appreciated 

I believe this might be related to https://forum.step-project.com/topic/13673-error-dyndolod-can-not-find-master-data-in-dyndolod-wyrmstoothworldjson/ because the mod is ESP (rather than an ESM) and the current version of DynDOLOD is not dealing with this properly.

Can you check if Dreamborne Islands.esp ends up as a master in DynDOLOD.esm? If possible open load order in xEdit and check if DynDOLLOD.esm contains any of the [+] Worldspaces aaatestworld01, aaacratercity, aaariverheadWORLDSPACE or aaaSunchamberWORLD

There is not really anything you can do about the problem, but wait for the next version which I hope to release soon. Unlike the linked thread, this mod was never flagged as ESM in the first place - could be fine doing that or not. Until then do not select those worldspaces when generating LOD.

Edited by sheson

yeah, that's what it is. doesn't show Dreamborne as a master or any worldspaces in DynDOLOD.esm. any idea why just adding Dreamborne (with pre-dreamborne DynDOLOD) makes the game crash or ILS

Just adding the mod to your existing load order should not cause any problems. Post load order to modwat.ch. When does the problem happen exactly, what are the steps?

Do you have SSE Engine Fixes? Have you tested with [MemoryManager] enabled=true?

Edited by sheson