DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

No, just Skyrim.esm..

This are the links to the archive you ask for.

Thanks I will have a look. The screenshot is from a base record again. Can you make one of a reference (what shows when you enter the form id number you got from in the game in console and clicking a tilted a tree)

Edited by sheson

Hi, first let me say thanks for DynDOLOD! Definitely had to have it in Oldrim. I just used it for the first time for SSE and it ran like a charm. I hopped into a brand new save to check everything out and I noticed some stuff is oddly colored. You can see the bottom half of the tower is slightly blue/green tinted. Same with the rubble around it and the fort in the background. I'm pretty sure those aren't supposed to be colored that way. The mountains were also kind of bluish at the base and even the ground surrounding the mountains. Did I select an option I wasn't supposed to somewhere? Pretty sure I have my textures/lod resources all loading/overwriting in the correct order. If anyone has any idea what I did wrong, let me know. Also let me know if more info is needed on my end (load order, specific mods used, etc). Thanks!

Edit: Forgot to include the screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/5SbtuB7

Edited by novastark

Hi, first let me say thanks for DynDOLOD! Definitely had to have it in Oldrim. I just used it for the first time for SSE and it ran like a charm. I hopped into a brand new save to check everything out and I noticed some stuff is oddly colored. You can see the bottom half of the tower is slightly blue/green tinted. Same with the rubble around it and the fort in the background. I'm pretty sure those aren't supposed to be colored that way. The mountains were also kind of bluish at the base and even the ground surrounding the mountains. Did I select an option I wasn't supposed to somewhere? Pretty sure I have my textures/lod resources all loading/overwriting in the correct order. If anyone has any idea what I did wrong, let me know. Also let me know if more info is needed on my end (load order, specific mods used, etc). Thanks!

Edit: Forgot to include the screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/5SbtuB7

The screenshot shows full models with its full textures in the load cells. DynDOLOD does not change full textures in the loaded cells. The changed textures will be from some other mod.

TexGen uses the full textures to create object LOD single textures so that object LOD matches as good as it can to the full models.

DynDOLOD does not change the mountainslab textures used mountains and their near LOD or any of the pre-rendered mountain LOD textures.

Use xLODGen to create terrain (the ground) LOD meshes and textures.

Sheson! I ran again Dyndolod and the problem was solved. Sorry for the trouble and thank you for your time and for Dyndolod! It takes the game to another level!

That is great. Enjoy.

Been a big fan of DynDOLOD from the beginning. But theres been one ongoing issue I've been having with Whiterun. I use a mod called Whiterun Gatehouse and Walls Restored, and whenever I create new lod, it covers all these new wall sections with a blurry brick texture. These are easily removed by right-clicking and deleting,  but more annoyingly, it dumps a pile of blurry wall segments in the sky over the tundra which I can delete, but which return when I leave and re-enter the cel. Any suggestions on how I could go about fixing this?

post-13200-0-32902800-1534573311_thumb.jpg

post-13200-0-65691200-1534573322_thumb.jpg

Been a big fan of DynDOLOD from the beginning. But theres been one ongoing issue I've been having with Whiterun. I use a mod called Whiterun Gatehouse and Walls Restored, and whenever I create new lod, it covers all these new wall sections with a blurry brick texture. These are easily removed by right-clicking and deleting,  but more annoyingly, it dumps a pile of blurry wall segments in the sky over the tundra which I can delete, but which return when I leave and re-enter the cel. Any suggestions on how I could go about fixing this?

FAQ: Skyrim: Out of place objects / floating objects / flickering full models

A: Test with new game, wait exterior for the DynDOLOD initialized message. If successful the updating of existing save game with old DynDOLOD.esp went wrong. Follow instructions how to update save game with a new DynDOLOD.esp. RTFM, watch the video or check DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM. The clean save routine can also be redone with the same plugin to reset everything.

A: If the load order had script lag and deactivating/activating from the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM main page does not reset out of place objects, do the clean save routine where "old" and "new" plugin are the same. Consider generating less demanding dynamic LOD, see Performance section in the manual.

A: Wild edit added by a plugin. Check the DynDOLOD log for messages about wild edits. Use console in the game and click on object to retrieve form id. Look up the form id in xEdit and remove the reference, clean plugin afterwards. Notify mod author. If object is added by DynDOLOD.esp, follow the "pluginname_formid" information found in the Editor ID of the reference to find the plugin from which this object originates.

A: Sometimes LOD objects are placed on other objects without LOD and thus appear to float in the distance. Use mesh rules so that the object has no LOD or that the other object also has LOD.

I was testing my game for stability using the 28 step test provided by sands of time in combination with another stress test that involves flying around the map at speedmult 2000 with tcl on.

While I was flying around I noticed red x's in the sky above whiterun and some other locations pretty high up, wouldn't notice them normally with weather effects and stuff but they are still there.

I checked them in the console and they are associated with dyndolod.esm

I remember having this problem before with LE but I was able to fix it by sorting with loot.

This time, its not getting fixed with loot.

What are these and how can I fix them?

I was testing my game for stability using the 28 step test provided by sands of time in combination with another stress test that involves flying around the map at speedmult 2000 with tcl on.

While I was flying around I noticed red x's in the sky above whiterun and some other locations pretty high up, wouldn't notice them normally with weather effects and stuff but they are still there.

I checked them in the console and they are associated with dyndolod.esm

I remember having this problem before with LE but I was able to fix it by sorting with loot.

This time, its not getting fixed with loot.

What are these and how can I fix them?

https://forum.step-project.com/topic/13029-dyndolod-243-skyrim-sevr-beta/page-42?hl=%2Bbshowmarkers&do=findComment&comment=225283

NifScan doesn't support SSE meshes, only Skyrim LE ones. That's why it is hosted on Skyrim Nexus only.

Actually, according to nifscan's nexus page, it checks stuff that's specific to SSE - including catching some stuff that works in LE but not SE, and for some textures, it has the option to convert them to a format supported by SE if they aren't already. It works just fine on meshes that have been run through SSE Nif Optimizer. And looking in nifskope for what nifscan reports for various nifs, it at least seems to be legit, though I don't know how likely the random crashes that nifscan's documentation claims will happen actually are. I expect that nifscan is only found on the Skyrim LE section of the nexus and not the Skyrim SE portion simply because its author doesn't want to put it in multiple places (e.g. Mator has done the same with Merge Plugins and Mator Smash), but either way, based on what it's documentation says, it definitely supports SSE at least partially at this point.

A common complaint that nifscan has for the meshes in the DynDOLOD Resources for SE is duplicate names - e.g.

dyndolod resources se\meshes\lod\imperial\impextlighthouse01alternativetexture_lod_1.nif
    Block [0]: Name ImpExtLighthouse01:12 is used more than once in children nodes

which nifskope usually fixes when you just resave the mesh (though it won't fix it if a node has the same resource listed as a child multiple times instead of having multiple children with different IDs but the same name). The most common complaint that nifscan has for the DynDOLOD resaurces is that bit 9 in BSXFlags isn't set correctly or that there needs to be a BSXFlags with bit 9 set, and there is no BSXFlags. e.g.

dyndolod resources se\meshes\lod\dbm\museumglow_lod_1.nif
    Block [0]: Mesh uses SLSF1_External_Emittance but BSXFlags with set bit 9 is missing.

and as far as I can tell, what it says is correct. I just don't know how likely it (or any of the other problems reported) are to cause random crashes in practice. However, the nifscan documentation certainly seems to think that they cause random crashes that are hard to track down. So, I'd definitely argue that they should be fixed unless it's known that what nifscan is reporting is wrong.

Actually, according to nifscan's nexus page, it checks stuff that's specific to SSE - including catching some stuff that works in LE but not SE, and for some textures, it has the option to convert them to a format supported by SE if they aren't already. It works just fine on meshes that have been run through SSE Nif Optimizer. And looking in nifskope for what nifscan reports for various nifs, it at least seems to be legit, though I don't know how likely the random crashes that nifscan's documentation claims will happen actually are. I expect that nifscan is only found on the Skyrim LE section of the nexus and not the Skyrim SE portion simply because its author doesn't want to put it in multiple places (e.g. Mator has done the same with Merge Plugins and Mator Smash), but either way, based on what it's documentation says, it definitely supports SSE at least partially at this point.

A common complaint that nifscan has for the meshes in the DynDOLOD Resources for SE is duplicate names - e.g.

dyndolod resources se\meshes\lod\imperial\impextlighthouse01alternativetexture_lod_1.nif
    Block [0]: Name ImpExtLighthouse01:12 is used more than once in children nodes

which nifskope usually fixes when you just resave the mesh (though it won't fix it if a node has the same resource listed as a child multiple times instead of having multiple children with different IDs but the same name). The most common complaint that nifscan has for the DynDOLOD resaurces is that bit 9 in BSXFlags isn't set correctly or that there needs to be a BSXFlags with bit 9 set, and there is no BSXFlags. e.g.

dyndolod resources se\meshes\lod\dbm\museumglow_lod_1.nif
    Block [0]: Mesh uses SLSF1_External_Emittance but BSXFlags with set bit 9 is missing.

and as far as I can tell, what it says is correct. I just don't know how likely it (or any of the other problems reported) are to cause random crashes in practice. However, the nifscan documentation certainly seems to think that they cause random crashes that are hard to track down. So, I'd definitely argue that they should be fixed unless it's known that what nifscan is reporting is wrong.

It is great that you are mentioning the Nexus page that was created and written by Zilav back to himself.

You are probably mistaking checks that verify if older NIF versions are "compatibility" with Skyrim SE with the support of the newer NIF version from Skyrim SE. DynDLOD Resources SE almost exclusively contains NIFs in the new Skyrim SE format, which is not supported by NIFScan, according to its author Zilav.

The majority of meshes included in DynDOLOD Resources are used by LODGen.exe to generate LOD. They are not used in the game. Changing fully intended settings and options (some of which may be reported as potential problem by Nifscan) in the meshes included in DynDOLOD Resources will interfere with LOD generation.

The few meshes from DynDOLOD Resources, which are used in the game in very specific ways, are not causing a problem. We would know, because such things do not go undetected for years. More often than not, NIFs that are seemingly fine in NifSkope and have no problem reported by Nifscan cause a problem. In case a mesh causes a problem in the game it is discovered very easily and quickly. After all, a corrupt/invalid mesh is the second most common reason for problems after memory issues. Take a look at the troubleshoot recommendations and steps to solve these issues and how the DynDOLOD standalone already reports missing/corrupted meshes in its LOG at generation time. Then check discussions how often a mesh from DynDOLOD Resources was found to be the source of a problem in the game compared to meshes from other mods or official sources.

If you have problems in the game that are caused by assets included in DynDOLOD Resources or that are caused by a bug in DynDOLOD standalone those specific assets or bugs will be fixed accordingly and promptly.

Edited by sheson

It is great that you are mentioning the Nexus page that was created and written by Zilav back to himself.

LOL. Well, then I guess that I get to look like an idiot.

You are probably mistaking checks that verify if older NIF versions are "compatibility" with Skyrim SE with the support of the newer NIF version from Skyrim SE. DynDLOD Resources SE almost exclusively contains NIFs in the new Skyrim SE format, which is not supported by NIFScan, according to its author Zilav.

Well, the nexus page quite specifically talks about reporting issues with regards to SE, and nifscan definitely reports errors on nifs which have gone through SSE Nif Optimizer and thus - if I understand correctly - should be in the newer format at that point. What it says about meshes that have gone through the SSE Nif Optimizer seems to align with what NifSkope says, which strongly implies that it understand the new SSE format - certainly it doesn't complain about it being in an unknown format, and it doesn't choke on it. So, between what the nexus page says and what nifscan at least seems to do when using it, I don't know how it could be the case that it doesn't support the newer format, since it definitely seems to.  But I clearly don't understand the situation properly.

In any case, if nifscan can be trusted when processing the nifs in the DynDOLOD SE resources, then I would argue that what it's complaining about should be fixed, but if it can't be trusted, then obviously, it should be ignored.

In any case, if nifscan can be trusted when processing the nifs in the DynDOLOD SE resources, then I would argue that what it's complaining about should be fixed, but if it can't be trusted, then obviously, it should be ignored.

"NifScan doesn't support SSE meshes" is a very clear statement. That doesn't mean it can not read some headers and some blocks that did not change in the new format. Probably best to discuss such things on the Nifscan page.

The warnings reported by Nifscan are correct in itself. However, nothing needs to be changed if it doesn't cause problems and none of the fully intentional things required for correct LODGen operation should be changed.

Use Nifscan as a tool to help troubleshoot if there is an actual problem to make informed judgement and decisions.