DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

SnowDrift02 LOD appears when close up at least near BFB.

For a bit more information on the problem:

post-10129-0-81731200-1536785472_thumb.jpgpost-10129-0-27021200-1536785513_thumb.pngpost-10129-0-12665100-1536785611_thumb.jpg

That snow drift should not be visible

Edited by Project579

For a bit more information on the problem:

attachicon.gifScreenshot_600.jpgattachicon.gifScreenshot_601.pngattachicon.gifScreenShot224.jpg

That snow drift should not be visible

Those screenshots do not show anything useful in regards to the supposed problem that LOD shows in loaded cells. All the screenshots show is a base record, some files in a folder and a screenshot of objects in loaded cells.

Open console, click object that is supposed to be LOD to get its reference form id and look it up in xEdit.

Edited by sheson

Hi Sheson! Any idea why these billboards won't work: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/75491/?tab=posts (please look at last reply to third post, "higher quality vesion of billboards"). Look at the distant aspen in the screenshot, they're vanilla, while the closer ones (3d model) are modded:  ScreenShot600.png

Do I need to install lods as well as the billboards? Thought that when running DynDOLOD the billboards would be enough.

Hi Sheson! Any idea why these billboards won't work: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/75491/?tab=posts (please look at last reply to third post, "higher quality vesion of billboards"). Look at the distant aspen in the screenshot, they're vanilla, while the closer ones (3d model) are modded:  ScreenShot600.png

Do I need to install lods as well as the billboards? Thought that when running DynDOLOD the billboards would be enough.

The "green aspen" billboards from the google drive link should work just fine as they seem have the appropriate files names. The billboards are LOD resources that are used when generating tree LOD. Make sure the billboards dds/txt files are not overwritten when generating tree LOD. Once LOD generation is finished install the generated tree LOD as usual.

And yet, they don't work. The billboards aren't being overwritten. I checked that no mod is changing the actual aspen model, but none is. Can't think of anything else... Could I have messed up while setting up for 3d trees?

If you are generating 3D tree LOD, the billboards are used for the higher LOD levels and fall back only in case a 3D LOD models is not found. Billboards are LOD resources for "2D" tree LOD only.

It seems the mod is just replacing the full textures used by the branches. You will need to create 3D LOD models with the green tree branches textures. The texture needs to be converted to a LOD texture with adjusted alpha channel. You will find more info in DynDOLOD\Docs\trees.ultra\tools\DynDOLOD_CreateStaticTree.html

Hello any idea why i am getting this error "DynDOLOD requires PapyrusUtil64 3.3 or newer" when i am using the 3.5 utility version?  Also a few .json errors after it. Never had this problem, is it because of Skyrim update?

Edited by LucidAPs

I have the same issue as LucidAPs but could not solve it. I installed the hotfix for simply knock from the comment sections there. Before the game did not start at all, now it startet again.

Now DynDoLOD gives me the same message as LucidAPs has + Json errors after it. DynDoLOD MCM is not working. Can this be solved from my side, or only by Updating DynDoLOD?

Some Pics with Info:

1lzc9j.jpg

2ibi2r.jpg

I have the same issue as LucidAPs but could not solve it. I installed the hotfix for simply knock from the comment sections there. Before the game did not start at all, now it startet again.

Now DynDoLOD gives me the same message as LucidAPs has + Json errors after it. DynDoLOD MCM is not working. Can this be solved from my side, or only by Updating DynDoLOD?

Some Pics with Info:

1lzc9j.jpg

2ibi2r.jpg

Obviously the version of PapyrusUtil that is installed is not running or working correctly. The likely reason is that it is not the correct version for the game / SKSE you are using.

The requirement section of the DynDOLOD manual links to PapyrusUtil SE - Modders Scripting Utility Functions to get you going. If you have trouble with the installation of 3rd party mods you should ask for help  in the appropriate forums for that mod.

Edited by sheson

I dont't know where i could have made a mistake in installing the latest skse+papyrus. Beside that every mod is up to date.

I went back to my backup Version of my Skyrim Installation with skse 2.07 with 1.5.39 Skyrim. No probs anymore...so for me it is solved.

Thanks

I dont't know where i could have made a mistake in installing the latest skse+papyrus. Beside that every mod is up to date.

I went back to my backup Version of my Skyrim Installation with skse 2.07 with 1.5.39 Skyrim. No probs anymore...so for me it is solved.

Thanks

Your screenshot shows a DLL file included in Simply Knock - which is outdated. Simply Knock is not a requirement for DynDOLOD and mods should never include PapyrusUtil in the first place to avoid exactly this type of problem.

Install the correct version of PapyrusUtil from PapyrusUtil SE - Modders Scripting Utility Functions which matches the game / SKSE version that is currently installed.

I'm here cause the latest papyrus did not solve the issue. I'm Aware of what is to be done in case a new SKSE version is released.

The dll of Simply Knock is an inofficial hotfix patch, downloaded from a link in the comment section of that mods page.

Without this, i can't even start the game anymore (CTD on on Menü).

If i place Simply Knock (with that inofficial hotfix dll for skse 2.08 from the comment section of that site) in the loadorder before Papyrus Util, i get no error Messages from DynDoLOD but random CTD.

So it Looks like it is an issue of Simply Knowck with that inofficial dll.

Thx for your fast answer and help, sheson!

Hi sheson,

I've read the documentation on patching but I think I need a concrete example :)

I'm trying to patch Enhanced Landscapes for Herds of Skyrim. I understand how the .inis need to be named etc. However, I don't want to disable every instance of an object; I want to disable a specific reference to an object.

Would you please give a specific example of this, specifically when dealing with REFIDs? I'm not really sure how to handle prefixes in this instance. :)