DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

No 3D Tree Full fallback LOD, normal setup simply running DynDOLOD clean no special settings other then the normal ones in UI, the missing normal are from "\terrain\lodgen\dawnguard.esm\.." the only mod that adds things in there is HD LODs Textures SE.

Edited by Project579

No 3D Tree Full fallback LOD, normal setup simply running DynDOLOD clean no special settings other then the normal ones in UI, the missing normal are from "\terrain\lodgen\dawnguard.esm\.." the only mod that adds things in there is HD LODs Textures SE.

Testing generation with Hd-Lods Flora and Trees Billboards for Soul Carin and it worked without problems with those billboards.

Compare DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\cache\DynDOLOD_SSE_flat_atlas_map_dlc01soulcairn.txt to the one I attached. Based on your screenshot you should have the same 5 textures listed.

MO "hide" each texture one by one to see if you can find one that causes it to not work. Still a bit wierd that I can't just save the file. By that time it already loaded all the billboards and did all its things and just tries to write the data, so it is most likely something preventing it from creating/writing the file.

DynDOLOD_SSE_dlc01soulcairn_flat_textures_used.txt

There is no "DynDOLOD_SSE_flat_atlas_map_dlc01soulcairn.txt" only "

DynDOLOD_SSE_dlc01soulcairn_flat_textures_used" and "DynDOLOD_SSE_alt_textures_dlc01soulcairn".

"DynDOLOD_SSE_dlc01soulcairn_flat_textures_used" == " DynDOLOD_SSE_dlc01soulcairn_flat_textures_used.txt" to yours.

Oh right, it can't get to the part where it saves that file. Anyhow, remove those textures one by one, see what you find.

Edited by sheson

Finally found them:

textures\terrain\lodgen\dawnguard.esm\deadvinehallwayash01_00004321.dds
textures\terrain\lodgen\dawnguard.esm\deadvinelongash01_00004322.dds

from HD LODs Textures SE
Edited by Project579

Finally found them:

textures\terrain\lodgen\dawnguard.esm\deadvinehallwayash01_00004321.dds

textures\terrain\lodgen\dawnguard.esm\deadvinelongash01_00004322.dds

from HD LODs Textures SE

They work fine here, not sure why they are causing you trouble. Maybe reinstall or resize them. They are very wide. Or just remove them. Their LOD is probably not important.

Hi there, I'm having trouble getting DynDOLOD to work with Majestic Mountains enabled. It works fine without that mod enabled but gives me the following error with it turned on.

TexGen runs fine. I'm running the 64-bit versions of both tools from within MO2 (v 2.1.5) for Skyrim SE.

[DynDOLOD.esp] Adding master "MajesticMountains.esp"

[04:27]  

[04:27] Exception in unit process line 85: Assertion failure (C:\Delphi\projects\DynDOLOD\wbImplementation.pas, line 5107)

[04:27] Check log lines above the exception for additional hints. Check the FAQ and search official forum https://forum.step-project.com/forum/101-shesons-dyndolod-support/ for those errors.

[04:27] If problem persists, post error report with entire contents (not just the last couple lines) of ..\DynDOLOD\bugreport.txt and ..\DynDOLOD\logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt to official forum https://forum.step-project.com/forum/101-shesons-dyndolod-support/

[04:27] Error during Applying script "DynDOLOD Worlds": Assertion failure (C:\Delphi\projects\DynDOLOD\wbImplementation.pas, line 5107)

Please let me know if you need any more info :)

Thanks

Hi there, I'm having trouble getting DynDOLOD to work with Majestic Mountains enabled. It works fine without that mod enabled but gives me the following error with it turned on.

TexGen runs fine. I'm running the 64-bit versions of both tools from within MO2 (v 2.1.5) for Skyrim SE.

[DynDOLOD.esp] Adding master "MajesticMountains.esp"

[04:27] Exception in unit process line 85: Assertion failure (C:\Delphi\projects\DynDOLOD\wbImplementation.pas, line 5107)

[04:27] Check log lines above the exception for additional hints. Check the FAQ and search official forum https://forum.step-project.com/forum/101-shesons-dyndolod-support/ for those errors.

[04:27] If problem persists, post error report with entire contents (not just the last couple lines) of ..\DynDOLOD\bugreport.txt and ..\DynDOLOD\logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt to official forum https://forum.step-project.com/forum/101-shesons-dyndolod-support/

[04:27] Error during Applying script "DynDOLOD Worlds": Assertion failure (C:\Delphi\projects\DynDOLOD\wbImplementation.pas, line 5107)

Please let me know if you need any more info :)

Thanks

The error is probably happen before the Adding of MajesticMountains.esp. As the message suggests post error report with entire contents (not just the last couple lines) of ..\DynDOLOD\bugreport.txt and ..\DynDOLOD\logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt

Edited by sheson

The error is probably happen before the Adding of MajesticMountains.esp. As the message suggests post error report with entire contents (not just the last couple lines) of ..\DynDOLOD\bugreport.txt and ..\DynDOLOD\logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt

Thanks Sheson and sorry! :;): I was tired as it was really late and I was going to sleep! I can't paste the entire contents of the SSE log here as it's over 9K lines and makes the browser unresponsive :unsure:  so I've pasted a link to a .rar containing the two text files below. Hope that's OK! Thanks again for taking the time to look at this - you're making my Skyrim look amazing!

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkIWRdtj_OPsx1zVBQss-03qCMCN

Edited by geraintwd

Thanks Sheson and sorry! :;): I was tired as it was really late and I was going to sleep! I can't paste the entire contents of the SSE log here as it's over 9K lines and makes the browser unresponsive :unsure:  so I've pasted a link to a .rar containing the two text files below. Hope that's OK! Thanks again for taking the time to look at this - you're making my Skyrim look amazing!

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkIWRdtj_OPsx1zVBQss-03qCMCN

Have you check load order in xEdit for errors and fixed the ones that are possible to fix?

Is this error repeatable?

Your Majestic Mountain installation contains several different plugins. Check if you can narrow it down to a specific plugin. I have no problems with MajesticMountains_Landscape.esm and MajesticMountains.esp.

Edited by sheson

I hadn't previously checked for errors but, now that I have, I'm not sure I'm going to be able to fix all of them. Majestic Mountains.esp has 159 "Could not be resolved" errors, all similar to the below:

RockCliff07SnowRocks01_Snow [STAT:000B679A]
     STAT \ Model \ MODS - Alternate Textures \ Alternate Texture \ New Texture -> [01002E34] < Error: Could not be resolved >

I'm guessing that this is due to the mod taking a different approach to other mountain texture replacers. From the mod description page:

"One of the biggest difference is the mountain texture. There were two textures used for the mountains originally. But one of this textures was barely used.
While looking into this texture data I've decided to merge the two textures into a big one. I've adjusted the uvw data and created a fitting lod."

The worst culprit for errors seems to be Weapons Armor Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp, which has a staggering 614 "Could not be resolved" errors and 30 warnings about "Unused data".

There are a couple of mods like Arthmoor's Whistling Mine and Solitude Expansion that have a few "Warning: Navmesh triangle not found" messages.

Also, ICAIO has 36 "target is not persistent" messages.

Are these the type of errors likely to cause issues with DynDOLOD? How bad are they for my game in general? 

Is there a quick way to automatically delete 614 "Could not be resolved" errors? If I have to do it by hand, I'd rather just not use WACCF altogether, especially as the WACCF_Armor and Clothing Extension.esp has a further 96 of them.

The only additional .esp with Majestic Mountains is the moss one.

I've tested the following scenarios when creating the lod:

Fixed UDRs in SnowElfCrown.esp and stonehenge + hilltops.esp - same error occurs immediately after adding Majestic Mountains.esp as a master.

Removed WACCF mod and Extension in left pane of MO2 - same error occurs immediately after adding Majestic Mountains.esp as a master.

Removed ICAIOsame error occurs immediately after adding Majestic Mountains.esp as a master.

Removed MajesticMountains_Moss.esp only -  same error occurs immediately after adding Majestic Mountains.esp as a master.

Disabled EVERY .esp EXCEPT USSEP and Majestic Mountains.esp - different error occurs, immediately after adding Majestic Mountains.esp as a master (logs in linked file below)

Removed Majestic Mountains mod entirely (esm and 2 esps) - DynDOLOD completes with no errors.

It is starting to look as though MM might be at least a part of the problem, even if it is in conjunction with something else. Even after removing the two mods that had the largest number of errors in SSEEdit, DynDOLOD still spits the dummy at exactly the same point in its process. 

You mentioned that Majestic Mountains.esp works for you - did you go through it and remove the 159 "Could not be resolved" errors?

Link below is for a .rar file with the logs from the last session (only USSEP and Majestic Mountains enabled). I also realised that the log is not replaced but appended each session, so I've removed previous sessions from it and kept only the last one!

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AkIWRdtj_OPsx2T0m8oNHuQpiPaL

Let me know if I should test anything else or if you need any more info!

I hadn't previously checked for errors but, now that I have, I'm not sure I'm going to be able to fix all of them. Majestic Mountains.esp has 159 "Could not be resolved" errors, all similar to the below:

RockCliff07SnowRocks01_Snow [STAT:000B679A]
     STAT \ Model \ MODS - Alternate Textures \ Alternate Texture \ New Texture -> [01002E34] < Error: Could not be resolved >
I'm guessing that this is due to the mod taking a different approach to other mountain texture replacers. From the mod description page:

The worst culprit for errors seems to be Weapons Armor Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp, which has a staggering 614 "Could not be resolved" errors and 30 warnings about "Unused data".

There are a couple of mods like Arthmoor's Whistling Mine and Solitude Expansion that have a few "Warning: Navmesh triangle not found" messages.

Also, ICAIO has 36 "target is not persistent" messages.

Are these the type of errors likely to cause issues with DynDOLOD? How bad are they for my game in general? 

Is there a quick way to automatically delete 614 "Could not be resolved" errors? If I have to do it by hand, I'd rather just not use WACCF altogether, especially as the WACCF_Armor and Clothing Extension.esp has a further 96 of them.

The only additional .esp with Majestic Mountains is the moss one.

I've tested the following scenarios when creating the lod:

Fixed UDRs in SnowElfCrown.esp and stonehenge + hilltops.esp - same error occurs immediately after adding Majestic Mountains.esp as a master.

Removed WACCF mod and Extension in left pane of MO2 - same error occurs immediately after adding Majestic Mountains.esp as a master.

Removed ICAIOsame error occurs immediately after adding Majestic Mountains.esp as a master.

Removed MajesticMountains_Moss.esp only -  same error occurs immediately after adding Majestic Mountains.esp as a master.

Disabled EVERY .esp EXCEPT USSEP and Majestic Mountains.esp - different error occurs, immediately after adding Majestic Mountains.esp as a master (logs in linked file below)

Removed Majestic Mountains mod entirely (esm and 2 esps) - DynDOLOD completes with no errors.

It is starting to look as though MM might be at least a part of the problem, even if it is in conjunction with something else. Even after removing the two mods that had the largest number of errors in SSEEdit, DynDOLOD still spits the dummy at exactly the same point in its process. 

You mentioned that Majestic Mountains.esp works for you - did you go through it and remove the 159 "Could not be resolved" errors?

Link below is for a .rar file with the logs from the last session (only USSEP and Majestic Mountains enabled). I also realised that the log is not replaced but appended each session, so I've removed previous sessions from it and kept only the last one!

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AkIWRdtj_OPsx2T0m8oNHuQpiPaL

Let me know if I should test anything else or if you need any more info!

A current MajesticMountains.esp installed with the the current game version does not have unresolved errors in my load order. My hunch would be that at least the Update.esm is outdated or that cleaning it went wrong.

Other than that I can not really help with errors in 3rd party plugins. You need to ask the mod authors for help with their plugins.

Edited by sheson
  • +1 1

Has anyone EVER seen a weird graphical glitch in SSE that may POSSIBLY be associated with DynDOLOD?

It would have been better if I had made a video, but I don't have any experience doing screen recording. Basically, though: Every once in a while, when I am OUTSIDE in Tamriel, I get flickering, grey, geometric shapes that seem to radiate out from a specific point in the screen. They continue to flicker even if I leave the mouse completely still.

I took some screenshots below - though you obviously can't actually seem them flickering!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/sEmTsmgPVzfDqiCk7

- They often (though not quite always) appear when exiting an indoor cell.

- Sometimes, the effect will disappear upon exiting and re-entering - but this does NOT always work, (I currently have a test case where no number of re-entries will make it disappear.)

- Usually, the effect seems to concentrate at one specific place AND perspective. (I.e., if I look in a different direction OR move away but keep looking in the same direction, the effect USUALLY gradually disappears.)

- I've had the effect recently with several completely different load orders.

- Fullscreen vs. Windowed Fullscreen makes no difference, as do changes to anti-aliasing settings.

I'm not 100% sure that the glitch is related to DnyDOLOD - but I have noticed that I only get it when DnyDOLOD is activated in MO2. For example, with the current savegame, if I deactivate DnyDOLOD in MO2, restart the game and re-enter the outdoor cell, the flickering never appears. If I save outdoors WHILE the flickering is happening, then exit, deactivate DnyDOLOD and re-start, the flickering resumes - but if I then exit and re-enter the outdoor cell, the flickering is gone.

However: if I simply deactivate DnyDOLOD in the MCM, it makes no difference to this problem. I can exit and re-enter the cell as many times as I like - the flickering still comes back. 

(Maybe there's something going on with a corrupt texture or mesh?? However: DnyDOLOD's logs do not seem to have reported report anything - though I'll be happy to double check!)

BTW, I initially thought it might actually be a problem with my GPU or drivers - but I've only ever seen it in modded SSE, and I don't have any other problems. (I'm running a 1080 TI with no overclock on a 6700k i7, also with no overclock.)