DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

i do have SSE Engine Fixes. i tried it with MemoryManager enabled, no change. if i load an old save, it CTDs almost immediately. if i start a new game, ILS. if i disable either DynDOLOD or Dreamborne, everything is fine.

lots of these esps are esl-ified 

https://modwat.ch/u/poop4/plugins

i'm not a huge fan of Loot, but i ran it just to see... no change. 

i really appreciate your time, thank you 

just got from Steam the Skyrim SE update, I also installed the last SKSE64_1_5_39 and PapyrusUtil SE-3-5 for SKSE64 2.0.8 & SSE 1.5.50

When I start, I get ingame message with "DynDOLOD requires PapyrusUtil64 3.3 or newer".

???? :confusion:

The message is self explanatory and has been asked and answered before. The typical mistake is that another mod is overwriting with older files.

Hi I got problems after generating Dyndolod with Blended / Real and Better Roads. I got an iddemiate CTD when starting a new game and goind outside.

My Plug-In-List

*Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm
*Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp
*DynDOLOD.esm
*Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
*TerrainLodRedone.esp
*SMIM-SE-Merged-All.esp
*Cutting Room Floor.esp
*Blacksmith Forge Water Fix SE USSEP.esp
*The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp
*Forge Water Fix - CRF Patch.esp
*BetterQuestObjectives-CRFPatch.esp
*Whiterun Forest Borealis.esp
*Enhanced Landscapes Oaks Standalone.esp
*Bent Pines.esp
*SRG Enhanced Trees Activator.esp
*Better Dynamic Snow.esp
*SkyUI_SE.esp
*icepenguinworldmapclassic.esp
*EzEWorldMapSE.esp
*BetterQuestObjectives.esp
*BetterQuestObjectives-PaarDilemmaPatch.esp
*BetterQuestObjectives-AlternateStartPatch.esp
BetterQuestObjectives - BCS Patch.esp
*BetterQuestObjectives-DBForevertoMisc.esp
*Missing Apprentices CRF Quest Fix.esp
*dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
*BlendedRoads.esp
*Real Roads.esp
*Skyrim Better Roads and Bridges - All In One - Merged.esp
*Skyrim Better Roads - EastMarch.esp
*Skyrim Better Roads - The Rift.esp
*Skyrim Better Roads - Winterhold.esp
*DynDOLOD.esp

Without the roads installed, created Dyndolog works fine.

Dyndolod_SSE.log didn't show any missing nif's, SSEEdit didn't find any errors or UDRs, but Papyrus Log shows: attached file.

What does this mean? I can't attach Dyndolod_SSE.log, as it is about 2 MB size. Any other way to share it?

Greetings

Papyrus0.txt

Hi I got problems after generating Dyndolod with Blended / Real and Better Roads. I got an iddemiate CTD when starting a new game and goind outside.

My Plug-In-List

*Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm

*Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp

*DynDOLOD.esm

*Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp

*TerrainLodRedone.esp

*SMIM-SE-Merged-All.esp

*Cutting Room Floor.esp

*Blacksmith Forge Water Fix SE USSEP.esp

*The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp

*Forge Water Fix - CRF Patch.esp

*BetterQuestObjectives-CRFPatch.esp

*Whiterun Forest Borealis.esp

*Enhanced Landscapes Oaks Standalone.esp

*Bent Pines.esp

*SRG Enhanced Trees Activator.esp

*Better Dynamic Snow.esp

*SkyUI_SE.esp

*icepenguinworldmapclassic.esp

*EzEWorldMapSE.esp

*BetterQuestObjectives.esp

*BetterQuestObjectives-PaarDilemmaPatch.esp

*BetterQuestObjectives-AlternateStartPatch.esp

BetterQuestObjectives - BCS Patch.esp

*BetterQuestObjectives-DBForevertoMisc.esp

*Missing Apprentices CRF Quest Fix.esp

*dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp

*BlendedRoads.esp

*Real Roads.esp

*Skyrim Better Roads and Bridges - All In One - Merged.esp

*Skyrim Better Roads - EastMarch.esp

*Skyrim Better Roads - The Rift.esp

*Skyrim Better Roads - Winterhold.esp

*DynDOLOD.esp

Without the roads installed, created Dyndolog works fine.

Dyndolod_SSE.log didn't show any missing nif's, SSEEdit didn't find any errors or UDRs, but Papyrus Log shows: attached file.

What does this mean? I can't attach Dyndolod_SSE.log, as it is about 2 MB size. Any other way to share it?

Greetings

FAQ: Skyrim: ILS or CTD

A: More LOD uses more memory and this can cause infinite loading screen (ILS) or crash to desktop (CTD) if the game is not setup correctly. Double check heap memory usage (block 1) with Memory Blocks Log from https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50471/ and adjust SKSE or SSME memory settings. Or use alternative OSAllocator from crash fixes with pre-loader. Remove satefy-load if it is used to verify it doesn't cause CTD. Set ExpandSystemMemoryX64=false in enblocal.ini 

A: If heap memory is not the cause of CTD see ..DynDOLOD\ Docs\ DynDOLOD-README.txt for checking if a missing or invalid nif model used for dynamic LOD is the cause. 

Upload big log files to a file service or paste to pastebin. Was DynDOLOD_Worlds.json set to true before recording that Papyrus log?

What is Real Roads.esp? Is it a manual conversion? Maybe something went wrong when converting meshes. Why not use the 3D option of Blended Roads? 
Edited by sheson

This is an oldrim mod I didn't convert... my bad, sry. DynDOLOD_Worlds.json was set to true. Sometimes it is the easiest thing that you can forget :-/

What do you mean with the 3D Option? The really Blended roads?

So after removing the Skyrim mod everything works as expected?

Blended Road has an install option that is similar to what Real Roads did AFAIK.

anytime i try to generate all worlds, i get this error and it terminates. if i generate just for tamriel, no issue. either way, im investigating the error now, but wanted to go ahead and share this in case anyone can quickly identify the issue

[00:08:46.153] Cutting Room Floor.esp [REFR:00080C4E] (places RTWall06InnerCRF [STAT:0C01F659] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of RiftenCitySoutheast [CELL:00042243] (in RiftenWorld "Riften" [WRLD:00016BB4] at 43,-25))
[00:08:46.178] 
[00:08:46.199] 
[00:08:46.847] 
[00:08:46.847] Exception in unit userscript line 217: One or more errors occurred
[00:08:46.847] 
[00:08:46.847] Check log lines above the exception for additional hints. Check the FAQ and search official forum http://forum.step-project.com/forum/101-shesons-dyndolod-support/ for those errors.
[00:08:46.847] If problem persists, post error report with entire contents of ..\DynDOLOD\bugreport.txt and ..\DynDOLOD\logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt to official forum http://forum.step-project.com/forum/101-shesons-dyndolod-support/

EDIT: i just deleted the plugins and regenerated, instead of updating. working fine. false alarm

Edited by michaelrw

Yeah, it went on perfect.

But then I had the next problems, I didn't find any hints in the forum. so after trying and failing, I'd need some advice.

Which plugins should be activated and deactivated when running Dyndolod? I installed Unique Flowers and Plants (properly converted oldrim but that seem to make still problems), EEKs Flora Overhaul and some Special-Plant Mods, and the Dyndolod Output grows from ~ 6 GB to ~ 12 GB size and an ILS, in Dydlodlod_SSE.log there was no ponit if missing NIFs or else.

Further, what is about city mods? Like JKs Whiterun, Whiterun Hold... some of them have a lot of errors, and after creating LOD it ended in a CTD.

In this thread https://forum.step-project.com/topic/12323-lod-problem-in-whiterun-using-dyndolod-and-jks-whiterun-open-cities/ you talked about a second pass of Dyndolod, what does this mean?Well, right now I'm very very confused, sry.

And, Dyndolod sometimes freezes when trying to create atlas textures "Dyndolod_Atlas_Skuldafnworld.dds" e.g., although I set FasterBase=0and FasterCreate=0 in Dyndolod_SSE.ini. It doesn't matter if I clean the cache, altough this seems not to be needed anymore.

If my problems are already answered, please give me a link :-)

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt

Papyrus.0.txt

Yeah, it went on perfect.

But then I had the next problems, I didn't find any hints in the forum. so after trying and failing, I'd need some advice.

Which plugins should be activated and deactivated when running Dyndolod?

I suggest to read the included manual. This has been asked and answered plenty of times. In principle no plugin needs to be deactivated, unless DynDOLOD say so itself. Plugins with errors should be fixed or removed from the load order entirely.

I installed Unique Flowers and Plants (properly converted oldrim but that seem to make still problems), EEKs Flora Overhaul and some Special-Plant Mods, and the Dyndolod Output grows from ~ 6 GB to ~ 12 GB size and an ILS, in Dydlodlod_SSE.log there was no ponit if missing NIFs or else.

You are trying to generate 3D tree LOD with full model fallback while using tree mods for which 3D tree LOD models do not exist. Do not change the TreeFullFallBack setting.

Further, what is about city mods? Like JKs Whiterun, Whiterun Hold... some of them have a lot of errors, and after creating LOD it ended in a CTD.

No idea what "lot of errors" and "ended in CTD" means. If plugins have errors they should be fixed.

In this thread https://forum.step-project.com/topic/12323-lod-problem-in-whiterun-using-dyndolod-and-jks-whiterun-open-cities/ you talked about a second pass of Dyndolod, what does this mean?Well, right now I'm very very confused, sry.

The mod Open Cities requires a two pass LOD generation which is explained in the included manual.

And, Dyndolod sometimes freezes when trying to create atlas textures "Dyndolod_Atlas_Skuldafnworld.dds" e.g., although I set FasterBase=0and FasterCreate=0 in Dyndolod_SSE.ini. It doesn't matter if I clean the cache, altough this seems not to be needed anymore.

If my problems are already answered, please give me a link :-)

Could be anti virus, UAC, make sure all textures listed in DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\cache\DynDOLOD_SSE_skuldafnworld_textures_used.txt can be accessed and are valid textures. Use xEdit Asset Browser (CTRL + F3) to open them in an image viewer.

You can also just not check the worldspace to skip it.

Edited by sheson

DynDOLOD 2.44 with DynDOLOD Resources SE 2.44 supports Voyage to the Dreamborne Islands and hopefully again any other ESP plugin adding new worldspaces.

The Dreamborne Islands mods make extensive use of waterfalls / meshes with BSOrderedNodes in them. It turns out, if too many are active at the same time they cause CTD (in Skyrim they just seem to cause massive FPS drops). DynDOLOD 2.44 has a patch for the mod to replace these meshes in the World Axis (AAASunChamberWorld) with versions that use a NiNode instead for better performance / no CTD. Visually there seems no difference either... maybe I am old and blind, go figure. (The plugin can be cleaned just fine by the way. The black faces just seems like a lazy convert)

Edited by sheson

Is there an option to replace those waterfall node meshes in other worldspaces too? if it has no visual difference and improves performance it could be a cool feature, if it isn't too much of a hassle to implement.

Yes. I am kind of waiting to see if there are reports about side effects I did not notice so far. None of the others worldspace have sooo many that I noticed them causing such problems yet.

Have a look at DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\rules\DynDOLOD_SSE_dreamborneislandsesp_aaaSunchamberWORLD.patch. Just copy and paste a line and update the form id for a reference in the other worldspaces that use one of the two updated meshes. I can explain in more detail if you have specific questions.

Edited by sheson