DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

6 minutes ago, sheson said:

There shouldn't be any other manually installed mods.  If there are other mods installed in the data folder you might want to fix that as well.

In case there are other mods with textures in the data folder, generate TexGen by ignoring the warning into the output folder to see what folders and files it creates specifically. Once all files TexGen generates have been removed form the physical data folder, also clear the output folder. Then run TexGen (this time there should be no warning) and install the output as a mod with the mod manager.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.c0e9d7c02a992cbca2d70ff3dee58676.png

This is my data folder in steamapps/common/SkyrimSE/Data, we are talking about the highlighted textures folder? 

Here's what that looks like: 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.08fd15163305a99f48cd3b8a2e34afe6.png

I'm using vortex as a MM, so isn't this normal?? Unless we are talking about different texture folders?

18 minutes ago, panzerzwerg said:
  Reveal hidden contents

This is my data folder in steamapps/common/SkyrimSE/Data, we are talking about the highlighted textures folder? 

Here's what that looks like: 

Reveal hidden contents

I'm using vortex as a MM, so isn't this normal?? Unless we are talking about different texture folders?

Understand that none of these questions have anything to do with TexGen or DynDOLOD. I am not really able to provide generic modding support.

You probably want to undeploy first. Then specifically only delete the textures that are generated by TexGen from the data folder. Then deploy the installed mods again.
However, refer to the documentation of the used "mod manager".

For future reference I suggest to follow a modding guide and learn how to use an easier and better mod manager like MO2.

34 minutes ago, sheson said:

Then specifically only delete the textures that are generated by TexGen from the data folder

That's what I want to know. What files exactly do I need to delete so TexGen doesn't give me this message anymore: 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.39190b32b14960bf966404045ae8590b.png

23 minutes ago, panzerzwerg said:

That's what I want to know. What files exactly do I need to delete so TexGen doesn't give me this message anymore: 

Reveal hidden contents

As already explained, delete every file that TexGen generates. It always generates the same folders and files for the same load order.

Is it normal to get random stutters every few seconds while using dyndolod on high settings on a pc like mine, 2060 super ryzen 5 3600 16 gb ram and ssd 500 gb on windows 10? I have very few mods, mostly vanilla playthrough. I'm also on a gsync monitor, with gsync active and triple buffering vsync in nvidia pannel active too. This is my first post here, so sorry if I missed something. 

25 minutes ago, KatCut said:

Is it normal to get random stutters every few seconds while using dyndolod on high settings on a pc like mine, 2060 super ryzen 5 3600 16 gb ram and ssd 500 gb on windows 10? I have very few mods, mostly vanilla playthrough. I'm also on a gsync monitor, with gsync active and triple buffering vsync in nvidia pannel active too. This is my first post here, so sorry if I missed something. 

There is nothing in the generated LOD mod that runs every few seconds, obviously. You may want to read the performance section in the manual.

2 hours ago, KatCut said:

This sounds like something that can be resolved by modifying INI/driver-soft settings. I don't think you want vsync active with g-sync also active, fe. I have a upscale box with Ryzen 3950X and had same issue. Resolved by setting up the Radeon G-sync equivalent + input lag correction in driver-soft and letting the game handle everything else. SSE Display Tweaks also has some releated settings to play with. I run windowed borderless (via Display Tweaks) and have ensured that only ONE source defines any given setting, particularly with respect to FPS limiters and vsync (out of game INIs, driver-soft, and mods), so zero conflict/redundancy.

On 5/19/2021 at 3:20 PM, z929669 said:

This sounds like something that can be resolved by modifying INI/driver-soft settings. I don't think you want vsync active with g-sync also active, fe. I have a upscale box with Ryzen 3950X and had same issue. Resolved by setting up the Radeon G-sync equivalent + input lag correction in driver-soft and letting the game handle everything else. SSE Display Tweaks also has some releated settings to play with. I run windowed borderless (via Display Tweaks) and have ensured that only ONE source defines any given setting, particularly with respect to FPS limiters and vsync (out of game INIs, driver-soft, and mods), so zero conflict/redundancy.

I actually found out what was causing the issue. It was the mod No grass in object. I did do the while precache btw idk why it was causing stuttering tho. Maybe i went a bit overboard with the configs of the mod.

I know I am doing something wrong but don't know what it is, and can't find any relevant documentation on it.  Basically I added The Great Forest of Whiterun Hold (TGFWH) to my load order, and have now run Dyndolod 4 times and it seems to ignore the trees etc added by TGFWH every time.  Those added trees don't appear in game until up close, and I can see that TGFWH isn't even added as a master to the Dyndolod plugin.

TGFWH works in-game so I know it is activated and working properly, and Dyndolod works in-game too because trees added by other mods are still visible in the distance.  I can see in the log that Dyndolod sees the TGFWH plugin, and don't see any errors.  I deleted the cache.  I am no newbie at running Dyndolod, but I did just switch to MO2 so maybe that is something?  I am running Dyndolod via MO2, and the previous Dyndolod I ran via MO2 prior to installing TGFWH worked flawlessly.

Also I know TGFWH works with Dyndolod because I had it installed about 8 months ago and it was wonderful, but my system at the time couldn't handle the extra load.

I think I am losing my mind!  Any suggestions?

EDIT: I may have found the problem but don't know how to fix it.  I added a "patch" .esp after TGFWH to change about 50% of its added tree references from pine trees to aspens - I just used a script to change the "Name - Base" field from one tree base record to another.  That works fine in-game, but I noticed a line in the log that says "[00:00:21.589]    <Warning: 430 duplicate FormID numbers of trees references were detected, excluded from LOD>".  That isn't attached to any plugin in particular but it is a huge number compared to previous logs from before TGFWH; I wonder if it is ignoring both plugins (TGFWH and the patch) because the patch overrides all the trees and so Dyndolod thinks it is all duplicate?  Clearly I still want it to generate LOD for the winning record.  I will try to Z-merge the 2 together so they aren't duplicating each other and see what happens.

Edited by vrnord

4 hours ago, vrnord said:

I know I am doing something wrong but don't know what it is, and can't find any relevant documentation on it.  Basically I added The Great Forest of Whiterun Hold (TGFWH) to my load order, and have now run Dyndolod 4 times and it seems to ignore the trees etc added by TGFWH every time.  Those added trees don't appear in game until up close, and I can see that TGFWH isn't even added as a master to the Dyndolod plugin.

TGFWH works in-game so I know it is activated and working properly, and Dyndolod works in-game too because trees added by other mods are still visible in the distance.  I can see in the log that Dyndolod sees the TGFWH plugin, and don't see any errors.  I deleted the cache.  I am no newbie at running Dyndolod, but I did just switch to MO2 so maybe that is something?  I am running Dyndolod via MO2, and the previous Dyndolod I ran via MO2 prior to installing TGFWH worked flawlessly.

Also I know TGFWH works with Dyndolod because I had it installed about 8 months ago and it was wonderful, but my system at the time couldn't handle the extra load.

I think I am losing my mind!  Any suggestions?

EDIT: I may have found the problem but don't know how to fix it.  I added a "patch" .esp after TGFWH to change about 50% of its added tree references from pine trees to aspens - I just used a script to change the "Name - Base" field from one tree base record to another.  That works fine in-game, but I noticed a line in the log that says "[00:00:21.589]    <Warning: 430 duplicate FormID numbers of trees references were detected, excluded from LOD>".  That isn't attached to any plugin in particular but it is a huge number compared to previous logs from before TGFWH; I wonder if it is ignoring both plugins (TGFWH and the patch) because the patch overrides all the trees and so Dyndolod thinks it is all duplicate?  Clearly I still want it to generate LOD for the winning record.  I will try to Z-merge the 2 together so they aren't duplicating each other and see what happens.

LOD meshes and textures are just files that the engine loads. There is no data/master required in any DynDOLOD plugin for those.

For a tree to have LOD it requires a billboard (and/or a 3D LOD model for ultra tree LOD) to be installed. The log prints a list of found and not found billboards. The plugin filename and the form id of the base record is part of a billboards path.

If different plugins add tree references with the same form id (without the first two bytes for the load order), then only the first can have tree LOD. Any duplicate will be done in object LOD instead automatically. DynDOLOD just logs facts and what it is doing.

There is no need or use to delete the cache folder.

7 hours ago, sheson said:

LOD meshes and textures are just files that the engine loads. There is no data/master required in any DynDOLOD plugin for those.

For a tree to have LOD it requires a billboard (and/or a 3D LOD model for ultra tree LOD) to be installed. The log prints a list of found and not found billboards. The plugin filename and the form id of the base record is part of a billboards path.

If different plugins add tree references with the same form id (without the first two bytes for the load order), then only the first can have tree LOD. Any duplicate will be done in object LOD instead automatically. DynDOLOD just logs facts and what it is doing.

There is no need or use to delete the cache folder.

Please disregard: I ran once more over night and the latest output works properly!  Don't know what changed but is good now.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

First of all, the forum won't permit me to post the other log file because of size limitations. Second, I only posted to help you, you could afford to be a little more polite. I appreciate modders, I really do, but it seems modders don't really appreciate players. If it weren't for us, the modding community would just be one big circle-jerk.

I get that you see a lot of players who don't read instructions and come at you with bad reviews and accusations of your mod being broken, but I also see a lot of "Nobody told me there was a bug!" Now, shall I go open a pastebin account or just let it lie?

EDIT: FWIW, pastebin has a limit of 512 kB unless you pay for the PRO version.

Here's the dropbox links:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9hw4zl66yagwy0g/DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ke2t9bkyzjqzni4/TexGen_SSE_log.txt?dl=0

Edited by Elaura
more info

2 hours ago, Elaura said:

First of all, the forum won't permit me to post the other log file because of size limitations. Second, I only posted to help you, you could afford to be a little more polite. I appreciate modders, I really do, but it seems modders don't really appreciate players. If it weren't for us, the modding community would just be one big circle-jerk.

I get that you see a lot of players who don't read instructions and come at you with bad reviews and accusations of your mod being broken, but I also see a lot of "Nobody told me there was a bug!" Now, shall I go open a pastebin account or just let it lie?

EDIT: FWIW, pastebin has a limit of 512 kB unless you pay for the PRO version.

Here's the dropbox links:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9hw4zl66yagwy0g/DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ke2t9bkyzjqzni4/TexGen_SSE_log.txt?dl=0

Pastebin does not require an account. Truncate logs to the last meaningful generation with the error.

Searching the forum for the error message '$;;Far LO' is not a valid integer value as suggested by the log messages finds this:

Do not install or use files from DynDOLOD Resources SE alpha with DynDOLOD Standalone 2.x

The bugreport that was posted without any additional log files or information was from DynDOLOD 3 alpha posted to a wrong thread.
Decide if you want to use DynDOLOD 3 alpha or if you want to use DynDOLOD 2.x.
Make a clean install of that version according to the manual.
In case of problems follow the instructions given the log messages and/or the first post and post on the appropriate thread.