DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

Thank you. I will delete All DYNdolod files from my disk and download only what is available on Nexus, run it again and report back.

EDIT: generation completed. Thank you.

I thought I'd deleted everything from the previous install before, but I clearly didn't. I'm not even sure where I got DYNDOLOD 3 alpha. I usually avoid alpha releases and it isn't on the nexus page. As for following the instructions in the log, it said nothing of truncating the files, nor of searching the forum for a particular error string. If it had, I would have.

I generally don't read through or search forum threads to report errors; I follow the instructions given in the error message. If those instructions aren't clear or are incomplete, I often just don't report the error and either revert to a previous version or wait until a newer version comes out.

I appreciate all your hard work over the years, Sheson. I've used your work since Morrowind, I believe. I apologize if I seem like such a simpleton I havent RTFM, or followed the instructions. Imagine, though, that I am one of the more experienced Skyrim players and have been playing and modding Bethesda games since Morrowind. If I can be confused, even by what you feel to be perfectly clear instructions, what do you think happens to players who are modding their game for the first time?

Edited by Elaura
more info

11 hours ago, Elaura said:

First of all, the forum won't permit me to post the other log file because of size limitations. Second, I only posted to help you, you could afford to be a little more polite. I appreciate modders, I really do, but it seems modders don't really appreciate players. If it weren't for us, the modding community would just be one big circle-jerk.

How big are your logs?? You should have a 2Mb limit for a single post, which should be more than enough. Keep in mind that many of the LOD-related logs append between runs rather than replace, so they can get big if not ever deleted.

10 hours ago, Elaura said:

As for following the instructions in the log, it said nothing of truncating the files, nor of searching the forum for a particular error string. If it had, I would have.

From the log you posted:
Check the FAQ and search official forum https://stepmodifications.org/forum/forum/223-shesons-dyndolod-xlodgen/ for those errors.

I do not care if people lack common sense, are ignorant, do not know how to read or how to use a forum.
I will always briefly and polity point out where to find information or analyze the facts/logs/information that have been given.

• 1 month later...

Hi yesterday i updated RW2 and Majestic Mountains to latest versions both said i need to re-generate DynDOLOD and xLODgen so i run DynDOLODx64 2.96 through MO2 (2.3.2) selected all worlds High rules and clicked ok Oclussion.esp disabled Bashed patch 0.esp disabled also i clicked yes to update existing .esm and .esp. After like 11 minutes of generating files it gave me this error: Exception in unit userscript line 350: Load order FileID [F8] cannot be mapped to file FileID for file "DynDOLOD.esm". F8 is Dyndolod.esp  Any help would be appreciated thx

If it helps i am using Living Skyrim 2 modlist with custom mods added to it.

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt

bugreport.txt

2 hours ago, tomasko3 said:

Hi yesterday i updated RW2 and Majestic Mountains to latest versions both said i need to re-generate DynDOLOD and xLODgen so i run DynDOLODx64 2.96 through MO2 (2.3.2) selected all worlds High rules and clicked ok Oclussion.esp disabled Bashed patch 0.esp disabled also i clicked yes to update existing .esm and .esp. After like 11 minutes of generating files it gave me this error: Exception in unit userscript line 350: Load order FileID [F8] cannot be mapped to file FileID for file "DynDOLOD.esm". F8 is Dyndolod.esp  Any help would be appreciated thx

If it helps i am using Living Skyrim 2 modlist with custom mods added to it.

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt 312.98 kB · 0 downloads

bugreport.txt 65.87 kB · 0 downloads

There should have been a message that said "Update an existing DynDOLOD.esm and DynDOLOD.esp? If this is not successful start from scratch." that you clicked yes to.

So, generate from scratch to see if that works without error.

Disabling Bashed Patch is a troubleshooting step in case it causes errors to see if it is broken.

• 1 month later...

I see a few issues in your screenshots:

• It looks as if you have FNIS and a Bashed Batch in your Data directory based on the mod names (Unmanaged: FNIS and Unmanaged: Bashed Patch, 0).
  • You have DynDOLOD and TexGen installed in the same folder (E:\LODGen - Skyrim SE). You should install these in separate folders.
  • The arguments for xLODGen should be something like this:
-lodgen -sse -o:"E:\Modding Tools\xLODGen\xLODGen_Output"

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Ciscotec said:

Hello, I'm a bit of a noob here so I hope this is going to the right place.  I'm trying to install the DynDOLOD files off Nexus (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/59721?tab=files) and I'm getting this error "The content of <data> does not look valid."  If anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it thank you.

image.thumb.png.0947a99a8ed5fefda315a9560197fbbd.png

Install "DynDOLOD Resources" as a mod and extract "DynDOLOD" into some path as an application (outside of mod manager, game location, and locations under UAC control ... use C|D|E|F|G:/Modding/Tools/DynDOLOD for example)