AIMP - Antz in my Pantz - Interactive Edition (by steve40)

stoppingby4now

• 4 months later...

Has anyone done an in depth look at this mod? I was just curious as I got to thinking about all the stuff (albeit small) it adds to the worldspace. For instance I know there are some ant tiles near Riverwood has anyone tried a test with the mod enabled versus disabled in that area? For instance less memory use, higher fps, fewer stutters?

I know it's supposed to have little or no impact but I'm not so sure. I'm tempted to try as it's a mod I keep overlooking when uninstalling things. I originally posted this in the Skyrim Revisited forum as this has more to do with Skyrim Revisited than general S.T.E.P. since the mod list is much more complex.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone done an in depth look at this mod? I was just curious as I got to thinking about all the stuff (albeit small) it adds to the worldspace. For instance I know there are some ant tiles near Riverwood has anyone tried a test with the mod enabled versus disabled in that area? For instance less memory use, higher fps, fewer stutters?

I know it's supposed to have little or no impact but I'm not so sure. I'm tempted to try as it's a mod I keep overlooking when uninstalling things. I originally posted this in the Skyrim Revisited forum as this has more to do with Skyrim Revisited than general S.T.E.P. since the mod list is much more complex.

Funny how the other SR thread was closed (but still on the front page of the SR forum threads page) in favor of this, but there has been no answer to your question yet and frankly no useful mod information relating to your query in the thread or wiki information.

Unfortunately I have not run numbers or comparisons when using AIMP, but I didn't notice any problems when I did use it for a short while (I had a Skyrim Revisited install except with some mods taken out (and other extra ones added in) because I literally used NMM instead of MO and did zero, yes zero, cleaning in TESVEdit. I can't say I had any problems with the Antz or the forest in general actually, mostly just load screen crashes LOL. I just wanted to do a rough run and get into the game, now I'm doing a proper SR install.

• 7 months later...

I never agreed with this mod being in STEP in the first place. Said so before. It added spawn points for miniscule things you weren't likely to notice anyways except for screenarchery (which... really?) and added some non vanilla ingredients, modified worldspaces... but whatever, interesting it's "under moderation" though.

I never agreed with this mod being in STEP in the first place. Said so before. It added spawn points for miniscule things you weren't likely to notice anyways except for screenarchery (which... really?) and added some non vanilla ingredients, modified worldspaces... but whatever, interesting it's "under moderation" though.

+1

Too much messing for little benefit ingame.