DoubleYou

I see you are using the Poor preset. The shadow issue is probably caused by my hacky "Remove Shadows" method. I haven't tested it thoroughly, and that must be a buggy spot. Where is that location? I tried looking for a torch location, and it evidently isn't the same everywhere. As for the beard and hair issues, that could be a buggy texture, but I am thinking it may be a decal problem. Try increasing Decal quantity and see if that helps.

• 3 weeks later...

@DoubleYou

Is bShadowsOnGrass not used in Skyrim SE? I noticed it's not being added or edited by BethINI and it's not listed on the SSE SkyrimPrefs.INI Guide either. I ask because I think I've seen some grass mod authors recommending this to be turned off due to the effect darkening the grass too much.

EDIT

Nevermind. I see it's available in custom edits. However, users have reported this places it in SkyrimPrefs.ini for SSE, and causes a crash. I know it was moved there in the Skrim LE 1.6 patch, but did this change make it to SE? I haven't been able to test this yet as I'm head deep in getting the SE Beta Guide ready. Just wanted to report what was reported on Nexus.

I haven't updated Skyrim SE for a while, due to SKSE plugins constantly being out of date, and no real content added in the updates last I knew. I never saw shadows on grass as being a problem. I never really noticed much of a performance hit, though I'm sure there is one. It is located in the Skyrim.ini file, not SkyrimPrefs.ini. I have seen tweaks attempting to remove a supposed "black crush" floating popular, but I haven't changed my mod setup accordingly. If there is an invalid tweak in SkyrimPrefs.ini, it should not cause a crash, but merely be ignored by the game.

I haven't updated Skyrim SE for a while, due to SKSE plugins constantly being out of date, and no real content added in the updates last I knew. I never saw shadows on grass as being a problem. I never really noticed much of a performance hit, though I'm sure there is one. It is located in the Skyrim.ini file, not SkyrimPrefs.ini. I have seen tweaks attempting to remove a supposed "black crush" floating popular, but I haven't changed my mod setup accordingly. If there is an invalid tweak in SkyrimPrefs.ini, it should not cause a crash, but merely be ignored by the game.

Thanks! It's really not a problem, just a bad implementation that causes some grass mods to be too dark. It looks really bad with some ENBs, imo, but I don't know if that's still a requirement with SE to have it on. I'm a bit outdated with my ENB info for SE. I don't get any performance hit either.

• 2 weeks later...

[Fallout New Vegas]

Hi, I want to know if BethINI will play nice with the mods, as in there will be no .ini conflicts.

-New Vegas Script Extender
-New Vegas Anti Crash
-New Vegas Stutter Remover
-Fallout 4GB Executable
-CASM (Save file organizer)
-Yukichigai Unofficial Patch
-JIP LN NVSE Plugin
-New Vegas Reloaded
-OneTweak for FNV
-Charge's FNV HD Texture Packs

Edited by pistolajoe

↠STEP

STEP Modding Forum

»

Bethini Issue

KhrysINXS's PhotoKhrysINXS

Today, 06:34 AM

Skyrim SE cave named Darkwater Pass causes game ctd when running game from bethini high or medium profile ini configuration settings. Skyrim se vanilla skyrim.ini and prefs it works. If bethini changes ini files, ctd entering Darkwater Pass. Thats skyrim se on pc. This has been tested with no mods and confirmed issue is configuration settings that bethini changes from default profile settings. I would like to figure out what is causing this and why and more importantly, why is it just having such a negative impact on this one particular cell in the game (that im aware of)

Oh, I was advised to post this here right after i posted it in another location so its in two places. Going into my 24th hour being a newbie on here so still fresh. Not sure where what gets posted where but learning.

I wouldn't worry about it over much. This is the correct topic for your question and I locked your original post. DoubleYou is the BethINI creator and master and will respond to you question next time he's on.

← STEP

STEP Modding Forum

»

Bethini Issue

KhrysINXS's PhotoKhrysINXS

Today, 06:34 AM

Skyrim SE cave named Darkwater Pass causes game ctd when running game from bethini high or medium profile ini configuration settings. Skyrim se vanilla skyrim.ini and prefs it works. If bethini changes ini files, ctd entering Darkwater Pass. Thats skyrim se on pc. This has been tested with no mods and confirmed issue is configuration settings that bethini changes from default profile settings. I would like to figure out what is causing this and why and more importantly, why is it just having such a negative impact on this one particular cell in the game (that im aware of)

I will try to look into this today. If you would, could you post the resulting INI files causing the crash? Not always does it produce the same results for everyone.

This though is what is happening for me. Guess if i want enter i just have to use my vanilla ini's. Its something misbehaving on my machine and it is configuration setting related from a change made or several. I dont know which ones and math wise based off of the pissible combjnation of variables it could be affecting me, it would take a forever to diagnose