Better Vanilla Hairs - Mesh Replacements

justjr

OP updated with relevant compares.

It's really sad the author abandoned this mod. The work he/she was doing was really great! I'm praying someone will pick up the mantle and finish this mod!

I like this mod, and as long as it is a replacer of the corresponding crappy meshes, then all of the others will still be available, and this is an improvement, IMO.

... still think that vanilla hair looks great on these meshes. AOF is right up there too.

I'll give you that. The other textures do look a lot better on these corrected meshes than they do on the vanilla meshes. Just goes to show how much a proper mesh can make all the difference.

And yes, this is a only a mesh replacement...a direct mesh replacement. No scripts and comes as loose files. Perfect for Core, IMO.

I poked Brumbek via Nexus PM to fix all the vanilla hair meshes, as really, you know by now how much I hate them.

Sent from my Optimus G using Tapatalk 2

He would really be the best person to be able to do this. I know his work centers around objects, but this is such a glaring issue that I'm surprised he hasn't already.

Sadly' date=' I've found a pretty major bug with this one... all the modded hairstyles clip through helmets. Most noticeable on Imperial Light Helmet.[/quote']

It seems that we should all be reading the thread I suppose.

Helmet clipping is likely still an issue and the reason that the author abandoned. Maybe also the reason that vanilla meshes suck. Probably better asses with the armor replacers.

Sadly' date=' I've found a pretty major bug with this one... all the modded hairstyles clip through helmets. Most noticeable on Imperial Light Helmet.[/quote']

It seems that we should all be reading the thread I suppose.

Helmet clipping is likely still an issue and the reason that the author abandoned. Maybe also the reason that vanilla meshes suck. Probably better asses with the armor replacers.

I looks like this mainly effects helmets that are close to the face. I tired several helmets and hoods and the only ones that clipped are those tight on the head. Sadly, it still makes this mod a no-go.

Posted Image

Removing from testing in light of this. :( :crys: