SRLE: Legacy of The Dragonborn Reqtified

well as you  :D

well you know me just can't stay away and leave well enough alone same as Darth we say we are "retired" but hey still kick around a tweaking this maybe we should just stop say we're retired. lol.

I'm also installing this guide on another PC and noticing little things that still need to be corrected. It's so hard to go through it over and over. I keep trying to remind myself to read it as if it was my first time  :wallbash:

that one of the hardest things to do cos you've installed it so many time you just rush through with reading it properly i alway god to get a fresh pair of eyes on the guide we do.

1. DSR LOTD meshes are installed twice: once on lotd install and second on DSR part. - fixed, removed from DSR section
2. Extensible Follower Framework Compatibility Collection points to Optimized Vanilla Textures: bad link - fixed
3. (Blowing in the Wind - ETaC Complete Patch and DBM - ETaC Complete Patch.esp). These two can't be merged since you require the ETaC Complete esp. So i suggest to leave these two out of the merging and delete them since at the end we replace the merged esp anyway. - fixed, moved to ECTV Merge section

I'm also installing this guide on another PC and noticing little things that still need to be corrected. It's so hard to go through it over and over. I keep trying to remind myself to read it as if it was my first time  :wallbash:

1. ok if you kept those into LOTD install then you need to mention to install these separate since in the Mod Order page they appear under this: DSR - LOTD Meshes

i just noticed these since i am doing the install myself now

well you know me just can't stay away and leave well enough alone same as Darth we say we are "retired" but hey still kick around a tweaking this maybe we should just stop say we're retired. lol.

that one of the hardest things to do cos you've installed it so many time you just rush through with reading it properly i alway god to get a fresh pair of eyes on the guide we do.

well i said many times that Darth is lying about retirement but he kept insisting that he IS...  :^_^: at least i never said i retired i just dissapeared :P

BTW is the SMC guide up to date ?

Edited by paul666root

1. ok if you kept those into LOTD install then you need to mention to install these separate since in the Mod Order page they appear under this: DSR - LOTD Meshes Does this look ok? https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Paul666root/SRLE_LOTD_Reqtified#.5BLegacy_of_The_Dragonborn_Patch_Central.5D

BTW is the SMC guide up to date ? Not yet, that is our next goal. We want to make certain we have the core guide stable first. There have been several issues with users having CTDs. We are hoping to help narrow down the culprit(s). I have the Core guide with all Optionals installed on my alienware without issues. Now I am installing the Core guide with no optionals and reduced textures on my laptop. 

It is my opinion that some of the issues users have experienced are installation errors, which could have been faulty instructions that we have been working on correcting. Hopefully we'll get to the SMC guide by next week.

• +1 1

1. it's ok 

2. you can't fix all user's CTDs. Most of them are install error/miss. I ran the Requiem guide for a long time when i started it without issues.

I'm trying now a new build with PerMa. Hope i can get it working fine but it will take a while since i dont have lots of time as last year.

So back to that Museum issue thing. I have found a few weapons that won't get displayed. So far just Iron/Steel.

- Iron Club

- Steel Club

- Steel Scimitar

- Steel Battlestaff

I could add clubs via the console (the IW versions, not Requiem ones), but I only have Requiem Scimitar/Battlestaff in my game in console (both are present in Requiem for the Indifferent items list). How can I fix it?

Also, Iron Scimitar cannot be smithed, while Steel Scimitar can, with just the basic perk. Idk which way it should go.

Iron scimitar cannot be smithed because the created object entry in the recipe is empty in Requiem-Immersive Weapons.esp, which is the last file to edit the recipe (IW and WAFR_IW_patch are the others).  One way to fix it, copy the crafting recipe from Req-IW as override into the CRpatch and drag&drop the weapon entry from IW into created object.

IDs for steel scimitar/battlestaff are XX0747DA/XX0747B2, XX from IW load order position. Just try additem with those.

Iron scimitar cannot be smithed because the created object entry in the recipe is empty in Requiem-Immersive Weapons.esp, which is the last file to edit the recipe (IW and WAFR_IW_patch are the others).  One way to fix it, copy the crafting recipe from Req-IW as override into the CRpatch and drag&drop the weapon entry from IW into created object.

IDs for steel scimitar/battlestaff are XX0747DA/XX0747B2, XX from IW load order position. Just try additem with those.

I'll copy it over to my patch, I don't touch CR so I know what's possibly my borkage and what isn't. Thanks.

As for the IDs, I used the "help" command in console before and it didn't show those two (it does show the clubs). How come? And how do you find the IDs if they don't show? :o (your codes worked, huggies)

BTW is the SMC guide up to date ? Not yet, that is our next goal. We want to make certain we have the core guide stable first. There have been several issues with users having CTDs. We are hoping to help narrow down the culprit(s). I have the Core guide with all Optionals installed on my alienware without issues. Now I am installing the Core guide with no optionals and reduced textures on my laptop. 

It is my opinion that some of the issues users have experienced are installation errors, which could have been faulty instructions that we have been working on correcting. Hopefully we'll get to the SMC guide by next week.

Was going through SMC and just wanted to ask what type of things might not be correct, since from what I see SMC hasn't been updated since October last year and I guess the guide might have been written after that.

Was going through SMC and just wanted to ask what type of things might not be correct, since from what I see SMC hasn't been updated since October last year and I guess the guide might have been written after that.

I updated the SMC guide as needed when I did my latest install about a month ago.  You should be fine using it just note any problems as you go along so we can fix them.

• +1 1

Hi guys, almost done with SMC but just wanted to ask: ive noticed some cases where there are some patches for mods we use in the main guide, but they are not used in SMC, so I would guess they might not be applied? For instance, what would be the case of the Dual Sheath Redux patch for the Ancient Nord Pickaxe Replacer, which is not mentioned in SMC, or for instance Realistic Sun For Climates of Tamriel and Vanilla, where the possible files mentioned in SMC are only vanilla or ENB edition (no CoT option in SMC, even though we use it in our guide and the download page offers it)? How would that blend in?

Another small question I wanted to ask is about some of the missing mods from SMC. I have tried and found most of them. But after a lot of searching for some of the missing mods, I haven't been able to find a few of them (such as Argonians Enhanced, for instance, just some of the mentioned files, not all of them). Would it be possible for me to ask if anyone happens to have files for certain mods I am missing, or is that against the rules? Just wanted to make sure I'm not getting into trouble, and yes I know there is a subbredit for it, but most people that have asked for those files in it have not been able to find them, which means it's even less likely someone here might have it..but you never know :) !

Thanks for reading :)

This is OFFTOPIC:

I got annoyed with Oldrim's constant drop in frames and decided to give Skyrim Special Edition a go.

These are the first steps I took on modding SSE.

Mods used:

- Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch

- Static Mesh Improvement Mod - SMIM

Skyrim 2017 Textures

- Skyrim Realistic Overhaul 

Skyrim Flora Overhaul SE 

- Majestic Mountains (Darkside version) + LODs

- Dolomite Weathers (NLVA II)

Vanilla Skyrim and Dragonborn billboards High Res 1024 (this is from Oldrim)

- SSELODGen (ran for LOD generating)

SkyrimSE Re-Engaged (ENB)

Alternate Start - Live Another Life (to faster test the game)

This is what i got: (ULTRA settings) (Also used BethINI with Ultra settings)

https://imgur.com/a/3Bxt5

This is still early stage but i really like the looks and the stability so far. I got 59 FPS all the time. (I capped them at 59)

I will continue to add ofcourse but not so much as i did in the guides.

Just shared this info if someone wants to start modding SSE too.

Also i use Wrye Bash as my mod manager.

Edited by paul666root

This is OFFTOPIC:

I got annoyed with Oldrim's constant drop in frames and decided to give Skyrim Special Edition a go.

This are the first steps I took on modding SSE.

Mods used:

- Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch

- Static Mesh Improvement Mod - SMIM

- Skyrim 2017 Textures

- Skyrim Realistic Overhaul 

- Skyrim Flora Overhaul SE 

- Majestic Mountains (Darkside version) + LODs

- Dolomite Weathers (NLVA II)

- Vanilla Skyrim and Dragonborn billboards High Res 1024 (this is from Oldrim)

- SSELODGen (ran for LOD generating)

- SkyrimSE Re-Engaged (ENB)

- Alternate Start - Live Another Life (to faster test the game)

This is what i got: (ULTRA settings) (Also used BethINI with Ultra settings)

https://imgur.com/a/3Bxt5

This is still early stage but i really like the looks and the stability so far. I got 59 FPS all the time. (I capped them at 59)

I will continue to add ofcourse but not so much as i did in the guides.

Just shared this info if someone wants to start modding SSE too.

Also i use Wrye Bash as my mod manager.

That's looking pretty great for low time investment.  Awesome stuff :)

I plan on posting up a requiem-like SSE build once I have the free time... ERSO Reborn should be 100% portable and really checks the majority of the boxes.

I'm a stickler for the version of the world that I currently run so I have to finish porting the various texture/mesh/etc mods I use before I get to that.. Which also means finishing the update of the SMC program so that it'll seamlessly handle things...  Luckily it's open source and I already have most of it done from previous tinkering.

Edited by jdsmith2816