SRLE: Legacy of The Dragonborn Reqtified

To late to edit. Forgot something. Requiem Minor Arcana overwrites some of the aMidianBorn textures for orcish shield and weapons. Someone asked Axonis about it on the Nexus, the reason for this is that orcish weapons and armor don't have matching colours in vanilla and Axonis attempts to fix that this way. But the textures he uses are low quality and inferior to the aMidianBorn ones. So  we probably want to add instructions to hide/delete the armor and weapons folders in the texture folder of RMA.

This is handled in the beautification guide.

I meant the question more from a compatibilty point of view regarding the weather IDs from CoT and NLA etc.

I think you have a fundamental misunderstanding about how ENB works and how it interacts with weather.

Initially ENB had one set of configuration values for exteriors... Then it was allowed to overwrite those generic settings with specific ones for each weather type in the game... So you've gone from an ENB author providing one generic fits-all configuration to 26.. one full configuration for each vanilla weather...  Then ENB adds in the ability to customize based upon the four time of day ranges.. day, night, dawn, dusk.. So now the ENB author has gone from 1 to 26 to 104 complete sets of enb configuration data he needs to tweak by hand to get looking just right in every situation.. and that's just for vanilla weathers.  CoT for instance adds like 100 more.. 

To continue.. skyrim's built-in support for weathers and imagespaces includes things like changing fog density, fog colors, ambient light colors, etc.. all weather mods modify these values that DRASTICALLY change the look and feel of the game by themselves... ENB changes are layered on top of that.

The changes the ENB authors are making are based on an assumption that the starting values for a given thing are some-value-x.. if the starting values instead are some-value-y... their modifiers will result in a completely different look and feel.

This is why you're free to run any ENB with any weather/lighting modifier you want but the result will not be what you expect unless the author created the ENB with that weather/lighting configuration in mind...  

NLA modifies all of the vanilla weathers and any ENB that's made for NLA will look great with NLA loaded... The current suggested WLSO configuration runs CoT and NLA.. NLA is the winner for all vanilla weathers while CoT is used for all the NEW weathers it adds.. and Phinix has been optimized such that it looks good for all of those weather choices.

Very few ENBs have been created with the assumption that the user is running both CoT and NLA.

You're free to try any ENB you want... just realize that there will be some combinations of day/night and weather that will probably look janky.

There are WLSO configurations in the WLSO guide that literally allow you to choose any weather mod and lighting combination to satisfy the requirements of every ENB on the nexus.  You just need to figure out what you want and configure appropriately.

If you already understood all of the above then I apologize for my incorrect assumptions.

Edited by jdsmith2816

NLA is the winner for all vanilla weathers while CoT is used for all the NEW weathers it adds.. and Phinix has been optimized such that it looks good for all of those weather choices.

Very few ENBs have been created with the assumption that the user is running both CoT and NLA.

That's exactly what I was asking for. So basically no other ENB was tweaked for the current setup, as I feared. I consider an ENB incompatible with a weather mod, if it wasn't intentionally made with that weather mod in mind, as there will always be something that looks janky, as you called it.

Just rolling back to the old merge with Revamped Exterior Fog.

Here are the remaining issues that I found:

22. [Minor] CLARALUX merge instructions directs user to place merged folder under CLARALUX - Blowing in the Wind. Integration page says it should be CLARALUX - Official Patches. fixed - I believe the "Official Patches" probably refers to the Falkskaar patch. I'm not certain if there were other patches that were used before, but I changed it to reflect CLARALUX - Falkskaar.

23. [Minor] Insufficient instructions for Phinix Natural ENB. User is not told which folder to install within 2-ToDataFolder. thenewkid says: "I think wlso_phinix.esp from JD makes the use of any patches from the "2-ToDataFolder" folder obsolete." Yes, that is correct. - fixed A note has been placed in the installation instructions.

24. [Major] ISC Patches Merge instructions include "ISCompendium AOS Patch.esp" from ISC - AOS Patch folder. This folder was not created anywhere in the guide. thenewkid says: "Residue of an earlier state, where the user was instructed to cut and paste the compatibilty patches from ISC into a "ISC - AOS Patch" folder, now the patches aren't cut and paste anymore, but set to optional via MO. So the source folder for "ISCompendium AOS Patch.esp" needs to be changed from (ISC - AOS Patch) to (Immersive Sounds - Compendium) and under "left pane placement:" "Directly after ISC - AOS Patch" to be changed to "Directly after ISC - Requiem Patches"" - fixed

25. [Minor] Instructions for importing Phinix Natural ENB in ENB Organizer does not describe any actual button available in the Organizer. e.g., there is no "Search for Folder" button. thenewkid says: ""Search for Folder" needs to be "Browse for Folder"" - fixed

26. [Typo] Missing a "(" in WLSO - Fantasy Sountrack Project (non-replacer). - fixed

27. [Major] No such archive in CORE PACK named "WLSO - Requiem Realistic Darkness Patches". - fixed - It will be provided in the WLSO - Weather Lighting and Sound Overhaul Patches

30. [Minor] User is directed to perform ECTV merges again after installing CFTO. - fixed - Moved to just below CFTO only

31. [Minor] Link for Settlements merge directs user to ECTV merges instead. - Settlements merge is just below - fixed

32. [Minor] Instructions for Settlements Expanded with Inns merge includes "Settlements Expanded - NSUTR Patch.esp". Might be better if it says "Settlements Expanded - No Snow Under the Roof Patch.esp" instead, since that is the actual file name. - fixed

33. [Major] Link for Extensible Follower Framework Compatibility Collection goes to Optimized Vanilla Textures, instead of the correct Nexus page. - fixed

34. [Major] Link for FISS - FileAccess Interface for Skyrim Script goes to Optimized Vanilla Textures, instead of the correct Nexus page. - fixed

35. [Major] Link for Immersive Armors Dwarven Mage glove mesh fix goes to Optimized Vanilla Textures, instead of the correct Nexus page. - fixed

36. [Major] Link for Modern Brawl Bug Fix goes to Optimized Vanilla Textures, instead of the correct Nexus page. - fixed

37. [Major] Link for PapyrusUtil - Modders Scripting Utility Functions goes to Optimized Vanilla Textures, instead of the correct Nexus page. - fixed

38. [Minor] WLSO merge instructions include "requiem-realistic-darkness__usleep.esp", which cannot be found anywhere in the guide. It will be included in the WLSO - Weather Lighting and Sound Overhaul Patches

39. [Minor] User is directed to Merge page BEFORE installing CR Patch ECTV. This results in user being unable to successfully merge WLSO, since it wlso__ectv.esp is missing its master crpatch__ectv.esp. - fixed, the merge is no longer recommended until after installin the CR Patch ECTV

40. [Major] crpatch__ectv.esp is missing its master Settlements Expanded.esp. That plugin was merged earlier into Settlements Expanded with Inns Merged.esp. - fixed - with instructions to change the master

42. [Minor] Reqtificator instructions directs user to "check all three options as in the image below". There is no image. - fixed

Issues to address when I log back into the desktop:

Repackage Patches to share on google drive until the nexus is ready to update.

thenewkid says

"- on the Integration page under Armor Conversions, TMB Vanilla Armors is marked as merged, but is actually not merged.

under the Phinix ENB instructions: "Click on the Sync button to refresh the Skyrim files." That is not what the snyc button is for. The sync button copies the files from the Skyrim folder into the activated preset folder, so ingame changes/tweaks made while testing/playing are transfered into the preset folder, so they don't get lost if the ENB is changed.

johnnywatts: Decided to go through the Integration page one last time before building additional stuff on top of this guide. Here's what I found:

28. [Minor] FOMOD instructions for Frostfall does not reflect actual choices given by the mod. 

29. [Major] No such archive in OPTIONAL PACK named "TK Dodge - Requiem Destiny".

41. [Major] Survival Mods (Frostfall, Campfire) were not included in the load order. 

43. [Minor] sLanguage=English is not defined for some reason after following the guide. This results in Reqtificator unable to complete. I ran into the same issue. I'll add this to the guide.

44. [Minor] Dragon Stalking Fix is included in Integration, but not main guide. thenewkid says: "Dragon stalking fix is integrated in Skyrim Unbound's dragon script, so probably a residue from older guide that can be removed"

45. [Minor] SWIFT - Falskaar addon not included in Integration.

46. [Minor] Legacy of The Dragonborn DBM_UnofficialFix_Patch is marked as unmerged in Integration and therefore not deactivated.

47. [Minor] Noble Skyrim - SMIM Patch should be placed after LECM merge.

48. [Major] Wiseman303's Flora Fixes is marked as redundant by MO. So..., placement in left pane order might be wrong? thenewkid says: " The WMFF SMIM patch needs to go below LECM; what's overwriting WMFF? core guide only it's not redundant"

49. [Minor] ECTV - Blowing in the Wind Patches is marked as unmerged in Integration.

50. [Minor] ECTV - Inns and Taverns is marked as unmerged in Integration, but merged in Merge page.

51. [Minor] ECTV - Inns and Taverns - Blowing in the Wind Patch is marked as unmerged in Integration, but merged in Merge page.

52. [Minor] ECTV - Settlements Expanded is marked as unmerged in Integration, but merged in Merge page.

53. [Minor] PCE Add-On - Droppable and Marked Barenziah Stones is marked as unmerged in Integration, but merged in Merge page.

54. [Minor] ISC - Immersive Sounds Compendium Patches should no longer be in Integration.

55. [Minor] WLSO - Climates of Tamriel should not be marked as Merged in Integration page.

56. [Minor] Carriage and Ferry Travel Overhaul - Hearthfire Extended patch is not installed in main guide, so it shouldn't be on Integration.

57. LECM - Blowing in the Wind is also not marked as merged

Edited by Diana_TES_GotH

I said I was a masochist..., so I went ahead and tried to make my own Book of UUNP patch.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9lfrJQXfYuHQ2RCOW1vUUFWelU

Can someone please take a look, maybe test drive it, and let me know if I did it right? Place it below CRPatch.esp in the load order.

I carried forward all of the various Requiem records, and then threw in the Book of UUNP records where it made sense. e.g., if the Requiem Leveled Item list doesn't include Ebony Armor, I did not carry forward Book of UUNP's Ebony stuff. Also, any records held by JD's CRPatch.esp was carried forward as well (obviously).

Edited by johnnywatts

I said I was a masochist..., so I went ahead and tried to make my own Book of UUNP patch.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9lfrJQXfYuHQ2RCOW1vUUFWelU

Can someone please take a look, maybe test drive it, and let me know if I did it right? Place it below CRPatch.esp in the load order.

I carried forward all of the various Requiem records, and then threw in the Book of UUNP records where it made sense. e.g., if the Requiem Leveled Item list doesn't include Ebony Armor, I did not carry forward Book of UUNP's Ebony stuff. Also, any records held by JD's CRPatch.esp was carried forward as well (obviously).

You're missing basically all of the work... Requiem redid the whole bandit system in skyrim... all of that plus some other stuff is in custom requiem leveled lists.. that have to all be updated.  That's the work i've been talking about... not the trivial bit of stuff that directly conflicts.  You also need to create a couple hundred temper lists for the bandit system.. and some outfits..

Edited by jdsmith2816

You're missing basically all of the work... Requiem redid the whole bandit system in skyrim... all of that plus some other stuff is in custom requiem leveled lists.. that have to all be updated.  That's the work i've been talking about... not the trivial bit of stuff that directly conflicts.  You also need to create a couple hundred temper lists for the bandit system.. and some outfits..

Sorry, I'm struggling to understand what exactly you mean. I'm willing to put in the work to get this done, since I have a lot of time on my hands lately.

Do you mind giving an example of what you're talking about? I'm looking at Requiem's Leveled Item records in TES5Edit. Is what you're talking about even visible in TES5Edit?

Maybe you could point me to the EditorID of one of these lists you're referring to, and give an example of what needs to be changed?

Sorry, I'm struggling to understand what exactly you mean. I'm willing to put in the work to get this done, since I have a lot of time on my hands lately.

Do you mind giving an example of what you're talking about? I'm looking at Requiem's Leveled Item records in TES5Edit. Is what you're talking about even visible in TES5Edit?

Maybe you could point me to the EditorID of one of these lists you're referring to, and give an example of what needs to be changed?

Check the REQ_CLI_EquipSet_* LVLI records in Requiem.esp  Many of those need changing.   Check the REQ_LI_Armor_* lists... Many many new ones need created and incorporated to handle proper tempering of the newly added armors.   In many cases there are also modified outfits that no longer point at the same vanilla armor lists which book of uunp assume are still being used that will need modification as well.

Edited by jdsmith2816

Check the REQ_CLI_EquipSet_* LVLI records in Requiem.esp  Many of those need changing.   Check the REQ_LI_Armor_* lists... Many many new ones need created and incorporated to handle proper tempering of the newly added armors.   In many cases there are also modified outfits that no longer point at the same vanilla armor lists which book of uunp assume are still being used that will need modification as well.

Looking at those records in TES5Edit, I get the impression that what needs to get done can only be achieved in Creation Kit? Since we're adding stuff, not just changing or removing.

Looking at those records in TES5Edit, I get the impression that what needs to get done can only be achieved in Creation Kit? Since we're adding stuff, not just changing or removing.

Most people that I know do as little as possible in the creation kit becaause it's slow, unintuitive and prone to crashing.  Everything you need to do for this is accomplishable with just xedit

Edited by jdsmith2816

Helgen Reborn was pulled from the guide a long time ago, when it transitioned from SRLE addon to standalone.

It's not compatible out of the box, you would need to do some patching. And it's kinda semi-compatible with Requiem, enemies are mostly vanilla types, so they are properly modified by Requiem but the custom NPCs would all need patching to get proper perks.

For the finish line, MCM recommendations. I think there should be settings added for Timing is Everything, for the Cultist encounter from Dragonborn DLC. With the default settings I had the 3 cultists triggered when i hit lvl 25 and one of them wields tier 4 shock spells, so he can easily oneshot a lvl 25 char, if one is not prepared beforehand with very high magic or shock resistance.

I'm almost done with the guide :D, but unfortunately I hit a wall in the Weather and Sound Overhaul section, in [WLSO - Weather Lighting and Sound Overhaul Patches] because it mentions I should install some patches some of which I really dont see:

• Requiem - Realistic Darkness.esp
  • requiem-realistic-darkness__usleep.esp
  • wlso__ectv.esp Use only if you installed ECTV addons.
  • wlso__phinix.esp
  • wlso__radioactive-pce.esp Use only if you installed PCE - Palaces and Castles Enhanced and Skyrim Radioactive Glorified - Interiors Compilation.
  • wlso__requiem-realistic-darkness.esp
  • zzz wlso__ice-penguin-world-map-paper.esp Use only if you installed A Quality World Map - Paper Map Version if installed

Available ones:

dc680d052b8da05c3247d8665459a189.png

I would really appreciate any help on the matter :)