Requiem Compatibility Patches

hellanios

I think it's a good idea to create a thread where everyone can post links to compatibility patches for Requiem. There are patches that don't exist on the Nexus like the ones some members have uploaded here, so post their links here to have them all gathered in one page. I wish I knew how to create patches myself and start with my own but at least I can contribute with the idea. If this thread goes well then we can contact the authors of Requiem let them know about it.

Firstly, make sure you have this mod because it's required for some patches to work right.

Here are the already known ones: (important note:some might not work well or are outdated)

Requiem - Immersive Creatures Patch by Azirok

Requiem - Dragonborn by Azirok

Requiem - Falskaar by Azirok

Requiem - Skytest Realistic Animals and Predators Patch by Azirok

Requiem - Immersive Armors Patch by Azirok

Requiem - Immersive Weapons Patch by Azirok

Requiem - Hearthfires by Azirok

Requiem - Immersive Patrols by Azirok

Requiem - Wyrmstooth by Azirok

Requiem - Civil War Overhaul Patch by Azirok

Requiem - Dragon Combat Overhaul Patch by Azirok

Requiem - Moonpath to Elsweyr Patch by Azirok

Enchanting Awakened by egocarib (there's a requiem version of the mod inside its installer)

Audio Overhaul for Skyrim - Patches by michaelrw (the patch is located in the miscellaneous section)

Dual Sheath Redux by Neovalen (the patch is located in the optional files section)

Compatibility patch for Requiem - Ethereal Elven Overhaul by MrFilipenko

Even Better Quest Objectives by whickus with fixes and expansions by William Imm (the patch is in the installer)

These patches might not work as intended:

OBIS - Organized Bandits in Skyrim - Requiem Patch BETA by ArtMurder

RND Requiem Food Patch by diannetea

Requiem and Imps More Complex Needs compatibility patch by Gatonegro

Requiem and Deadly Mutilation Compatibility Fix by Umbrecht

Some modifications:

Requiem - Rebalanced Potions Weight by HexPex

Requiem - Hard Times by Azirok

I have made no patches, at least none that are not already in circulation. There are potentially many patches to be made and of course many patches that can be merged, Skyrim modding is in a state of constant change at present - this means that it will become easier and easier to build stable multi modded games as more and more modders fall in line with key requirements, e.g. file names and USkP modifications etc.. so that the CORE STEP choices become more rock solid and knowledge of scripts, spawns and engine capabilities become more commonplace and in a sense standardised.

I keep my plugin list well below 200 so that I can add in patches to see what works. But this is in flux, as I have to update mods nearly everyday. Currently my mods folder in MO is taking up nearly 60 GB of memory which is not good - I will need to have a clear out. I use different versions of mods for STEP, SR and other variations such as Nearox's Vega and tehherb's immersive survival pack. Keeping tabs on all of this is a headache especially if they all need a slightly different patch. Ultimately I am mostly keen on developing Requiem because I feel that it is what STEP is missing, if it were to incorporate the element of gameplay beyond basic vanilla improvements - then again this is what the packs idea is all about.

I have had one or two bites with respect to other members getting together developing Requiem further as far as a STEP or SR build goes but ultimately I feel that it will need it's own build to get a stable game with the full impact of what requiem delivers. This is partly why I have not as yet developed the Basic Requiem Pack further because as it is it works fine with both STEP and SR but the more mods you add in on top of that the more difficult it gets to keep the game stable. That said my current build does crash but it has a lot going on (SR:LE + Requiem with bells on) and the CTDs are neither frequent or repeatable so it is a case of isolating script incompatibilities and or engine limitations for the latter it will come down to mod selection and patching to keep things as simple as possible for the Skyrim engine.

:)

Smile, you seem to know a lot about requiem and compatibility with it so bare in mind that I might ask some questions over time. For starters :p, I want to use these mods, Isilmeriel LOTR Weapons Collection by Isilmeriel - Orcrist the Goblin Cleaver by istoleyourface and maybe this one Daedric Dawnbreaker by jhelzei. Do they require patches? Also, what happens with Cloaks of Skyrim by Noodles and Winter Is Coming - Cloaks by Nivea? Of course if anyone happers to know about these question, please, don't hesitate to reply. :)

As long as those mods are loaded before Requiem.esp then they will fit in fine. Some of the first mod is already included in Requiem. Cloaks should also be loaded before Requiem, in fact any mod that adds in equipment of any kind should be loaded before Requiem. A simple calculation is used to determine the damage weapons do and the rpotection that armor gives and this is based on vanilla values.

That is a good question, it may be because IA and IW are already in Requiem, but not in their entirety. Requiem adds in weapons and armours from a lot of well known mods, I will need to have a look at those patches to see why. Generally Requiem multiplies the stats but if any files do not have standard names then it is possible that some items would be classed incorrectly and get the wrong stats. So the patch would be to make sure such items have the correct modifiers to ensure the stats for the new equipment works.

It is most likely that any equipment that you install will be fine but if it has lower than expected stats then it may need a patch - most do not though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...