SRLE: Legacy of The Dragonborn Reqtified

Just a heads up,

The LoTD Patch Central page has been updated. If you download the latest version of the main file, the CRF and MAS patch options are nowhere to be seen. EDIT:  Sorry, found the options. The CRF and MAS patch options have been moved into the Items list, instead of a separate page.

They're not included in the optional files either.

Additionally, the Notice Board and ETaC patches are now merged under the optional. No more individual files.

Edited by johnnywatts

It may sound stupid but try the following: Start a new game, after the opening scene wait until all mods have initialized. Make a manual save. Open the Skyrim Unbound MCM and start the game. After the character creation, when you are in Skyrim open the console and type "player.kill". Reload the save you made and choose your Skyrim Unbound settings, create your character and when you finally end in Skyrim try to save.

It may sound stupid but try the following: Start a new game, after the opening scene wait until all mods have initialized. Make a manual save. Open the Skyrim Unbound MCM and start the game. After the character creation, when you are in Skyrim open the console and type "player.kill". Reload the save you made and choose your Skyrim Unbound settings, create your character and when you finally end in Skyrim try to save.

IT WORKED!!! THANKS A BUNCH!!!

do you know why it works? I'm really curious

This makes literally no sense whatsoever.

I had the same CTD on save issue, and this solution actually works! But why? It'll be pretty silly to have "kill yourself" in the guide's instructions.

For me the player.kill was a very temporary solution, as in I had to redo it every time Skyrim was relaunched. I was battling it and got rid of it fully in the end. It was hasslesome and required some mod turn-on/turn-offing and running Reqtificator all the time. In the end it looked like it was some issue with CR patch and Reqtification. I've been writing about it few pages back, unsure what it was but if the issue persists for you I'd recommend re-running Reqtificator and ABSOLUTELY check all 3 options. Leaving "masters" option unchecked, though in theory innocuous, caused my game to be unplayable. Main menu wouldn't show.

Did I do something else to fix it? I don't remember, honestly. I know I also had issues using the paper map. Go *very* carefully over the "finish line" part. I did *not* rerun "Restore NPC visuals" step when I got it to work. I don't know if it's actually done for my game or not, but I honestly didn't care enough to tinker with it so I am actually not certain if it didn't help? No idea. Either way I played a longish time never having to player.kill from the beginning to the end.

With how long it takes for Skyrim to launch when it's modded like this accidentally forgetting to start each session with killing the character seemed very meh to me. Also I felt like it was a symptom of bigger problems so I wanted it gone entirely.

Edited by Ellilea

I honestly have not the slightest idea, what's going on there. Just some trial and error based on what I found while googling the issue on my part. But yeah for a hosted guide something like that to be able to play is not really acceptable. I wish I could help to determine what the actual problem is and how to properly solve it but that goes beyond my understanding I'm afraid.

As Claralux was mentioned earlier, I have also issues with it. It doesn't clean up after itself properly, resulting in stacking lightsources. Most noticable were overly bright glowballs and stacking torches on paths. Deactivating the torches on paths and setting the glow to 0 seem to have improved the situation. According to the mod author this seems to happen when there are to many scripts running/Papyrus is too busy. But from the game mechanic scripts of Requiem, the scripts of Wet&Cold and Frostfall and whatnot, switching lights on and off has by far the lowest priority for me.

I have partially remade this guide's setup to get rid of some mods I didn't need and include ASLAL (I was just *too* bothered by the cut quests, it ruined my immersion entirely... I know, stupid, but what can I do, half this playthrough is immersion focused and it didn't make sense to me on emotional level... I'd rather run into some bugged warlock or invisible bench or whatever at some point :p), I've transferred the parts of CR patch that didn't touch the mods I disliked into a customized copy of it and shall proceed to pray what I did is actually a viable way of doing things :D

But Claralux (and the entire visual setup) is too complicated for me I fear, I'd have to build one from the ground up and the lights are the only thing I dislike here. I honestly don't care if it's a bit too dark or a bit too bright in my game, I mean it worked for me on level 2 and level 7, all the same, so a static, script-free lightning mod would be a much better thing for me, but JD said including something like ELFX in this setup would be a great headache so I'm kinda fearful to tinker with it since the entire atmosphere/towns/visuals part of the guide I didn't poke at.

What I can advise you from my own experience (and Googling... lots of Googling) is yes,

a) set glow to 0, and

b) set update interval to 120 (max).

The latter seemed to help my game a whole lot. And if you like me don't really give too many ****s whether the lights are on/off at the right time of day but are bothered by the bugs this could help you too.

As for the double lanterns - there's some Claralux blowing in the wind patch in the guide, check if you did that step right.

I noticed one more thing when it comes to this CTD-on-save thing - I got lazy and I've left Requiem for the Indifferent and its Skyproc folder in "overwrite" folder and haven't had any issues with Reqtification since. Maybe that's it? Makes no sense, but who knows. It's Skyrim :p

Edited by Ellilea

I'm sorry guys... I'll try to read and respond to the last couple pages soon... Just been really swamped IRL.  Diana has her new pc so guide updates will be happening again in the near future.  There's been an unfortunate 2-3 week gap where nothing has happened.

I think that, at the least, we'll pull Claralux... it seems like there's a bit too much script load for the dynamic light adjustments to work as intended.  They keep lagging out and doubling up.  Pulling claralux is going to actually be a pita but I'll get it done.

Edited by jdsmith2816

It's okay, we're rallying around here and doing our best to share what we know with others for the time being :)

Glad to hear about Claralux, I'll probably hold off on playing for a little while then and redo the visual setup without it as that's literally the only thing I dislike about it :)

By the way, this guide's things look real beautiful with Organic ENB. I used their recommended settings for everything and the lightest version and I've encountered no framerate loss whatsoever. All the default WLSO settings seem to work really nice with it, too. I didn't have CoT installed, want to try it now, but here's some screenshots of just dry WLSO/TAFM/ECTV install without any tinkering with settings or patching anything:

https://imgur.com/a/P3k1p

Thank you all for your patience and working together to resolve any issues you have encountered. I have installed mods up to the User Interface section of the guide on my new pc. I'll have go back and review a couple of weeks of posts on this forum to see what I need to pay the closest attention to. I will only be able to spend a couple of hours each evening on this for next couple of weeks until things slow down for me. If you already have a list of things I need to address just share it here and I will add it to my "To Do" list.