SRLE: Legacy of The Dragonborn Reqtified

Probably a pretty major one for your To-Do list:

The SMC guide is out of whack. Major parts that need addressing include EnhancedWetnessandPuddles.esp, which doesn't get a mention anywhere in the guide. As such, the load order does not include where it should go. The same applies to the patches installed as part of the SMC process, namely the ewp__cowi.esp, ewp__dbm.esp, ewp__usleep.esp, and zz ewp__dbm__cowi.esp patches.

Did you try removing the "Requiem Output" folder, re-running the Reqtificator on top of it all, 3 options checked, and leave it in the override folder as it makes it?

My issue before it got fixed somehow was the same. I had to player.kill a character from a different save.

But I didn't use SMC. I just picked the additional texture replacers myself and have them in MO only.

Edited by Ellilea

The SMC guide is out of whack. Major parts that need addressing include EnhancedWetnessandPuddles.esp, which doesn't get a mention anywhere in the guide. As such, the load order does not include where it should go. The same applies to the patches installed as part of the SMC process, namely the ewp__cowi.esp, ewp__dbm.esp, ewp__usleep.esp, and zz ewp__dbm__cowi.esp patches.

You need smc__crpatch... There are no other patches for the beautification guide..  the load order I posted a few pages back via pastebin includes the SMC esp's in it.  If you're missing smc__crpatch then the url I posted a few pages back to all of the patches includes it..

These things will be included in updates soon.

I'll review the SMC guide. I was not able to install or test it out myself before now. It may be a few days before I reach that point though, as I need to install everything fresh. The good news is that I saved all of my previous downloads and was able to transfer them to my new drive, so at least I shouldn't have the hassle of waiting for the downloads. 

My assignment on this project has been the Wiki Editing and uploading patches to the Nexus, but if we need new patches for anything I will work with JD to get them out for the guide. As I go through my own installation I'll correct any mistakes I previously made, and make certain that I have the most current patches uploaded for everyone.

Your experience is giong to be very different.. SMC doesn't use whole texture packs.. It picks bits and pieces from each one to arrive at the end result.

I know, I've read up on it, but I only want a few hand-picked texture mods, some different than in your pack here. My game looked absolutely satisfying with what I had setup, so no problem :) I'm only hovering around here to wait for Claralux axing and perhaps share experiences with the basic guide version if need be.

Edited by Ellilea

Did you try removing the "Requiem Output" folder, re-running the Reqtificator on top of it all, 3 options checked, and leave it in the override folder as it makes it?

My issue before it got fixed somehow was the same. I had to player.kill a character from a different save.

But I didn't use SMC. I just picked the additional texture replacers myself and have them in MO only.

Yes. The way the SMC guide works is that you finish the guide, and then go back and re-do the Finish Line page. That includes the Reqtificator, etc.

In any case, it's too late now. I nuked the install after getting pissed, and am currently running the Ultimate Skyrim build. It's much more stable, but also much uglier compared to even the base Reqtified build without SMC. I'll be messing around with it for some time, but I'll hang out here if anyone needs help with the Reqtified build.

Yes. The way the SMC guide works is that you finish the guide, and then go back and re-do the Finish Line page. That includes the Reqtificator, etc.

In any case, it's too late now. I nuked the install after getting pissed, and am currently running the Ultimate Skyrim build. It's much more stable, but also much uglier compared to even the base Reqtified build without SMC. I'll be messing around with it for some time, but I'll hang out here if anyone needs help with the Reqtified build.

Sorry you had so much troubble jonny.  It's probably just an issue with not having all the patches up to date.. I was around 30hrs into my playthrough before i got distracted with no crashes and only minor issues like some claralux oddness and a few floating lanterns..

We'll get it all sorted.

Edited by jdsmith2816

Sorry you had so much troubble jonny.  It's probably just an issue with not having all the patches up to date.. I was around 30hrs into my playthrough before i got distracted with no crashes and only minor issues like some claralux oddness and a few floating lanterns..

We'll get it all sorted.

So this CTD on save issue on a new character doesn't happen to you? That's strange since I think every user that was active on this forum in the last days/weeks has experienced it. For me it happens every time I start a new game, but once I managed to save on a character it never happens again on this character (70h+ on one without any further issues). So after this strange player.kill start the guide is quite playable, but I think everyone agrees that we should get rid of that issue nonetheless.

So this CTD on save issue on a new character doesn't happen to you? That's strange since I think every user that was active on this forum in the last days/weeks has experienced it. For me it happens every time I start a new game, but once I managed to save on a character it never happens again on this character (70h+ on one without any further issues). So after this strange player.kill start the guide is quite playable, but I think everyone agrees that we should get rid of that issue nonetheless.

Correct.. I've never had the issue you're referring to.  Also yes I agree... it should be fixed.

It's such a weird issue this CTD on save. I had it yesterday again after some fiddling and then it went away again after re-reqtifying. It seems to ebb and flow for me entirely, without rhyme or reason, it's like no single file could cause it if it goes away like this.

Btw, would you be so kind as to tell me if I'm correct thinking that if I have a patch that requires say 4 mods and I only want to use 2 of them I could:

- copy sth as overwrite into new plugin

- copy all entries to that plugin aside of those that make it require the 2 mods I don't want as masters (hence pointing to entries that come directly from those mods)?

Would it then patch my 2 mods without simply introducing fixes required for the 2 unwanted or would it explode?

I was thinking about plucking some fixes from the Ultimate Skyrim for one or two mods I added to my install and I wonder if I'm making any sense or if it's an exercise in futility. I could then place it before CR patch and just manually evaluate if there are any problematic overwrites (if even) since a bunch of mods are in common anyway and I'd simply let CR go after it since I know it now and it was working fine for me.

But that's just in theory right now :p

Edited by Ellilea