SRLE: Legacy of The Dragonborn Reqtified

If you're so inclined you can find all of the patches I used for the original version of the guide here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hmj7x6vc3yj7g1h/AADF0LKCBw2ypspwrclyLhHja?dl=0

Filter by ectv, etac, dawn, jk, clef, etc.. you should be able to put together your own ectv by merging the bits you want and fixign any minor problems.  Just make sure you regenerate the navi in the CK after doing the merge.

For the guide it's just too much to be that flexible.  For our sanity it has to be an all or nothing thing :P

I'll do some thinking/looking and post again later today/tomorrow about what can easily be stripped out without affecting gameplay.

The biggest impact on visual awesomness while still staying very performance friendly would be my current WLSO loadout..  

Requiem Realistic Darkness + CoT + TS + Expanded Snow System + NLA + wlso and wlso__phinix with the phinix enb...  It's glorious with/without the ENB to be honest but the ENB is very light weight especially if you don't run DoF.

It strikes that perfect balance between realistic and gameplay.  If you're interested I'll load up the 3 or 4 patches required to make it all work with the guide...  You'll also want to edit one of the wearable lantern presets (i chose the 1200 range one) to match the Torch02 record from RRD.... Guess I could just include that in the wlso rrd patch so you don't have to mess with it...

Thanks man, very much!

And that would be great if you have some spare time!

Thanks man, very much!

And that would be great if you have some spare time!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/su184875tgrrofd/AACYFFXh6xAv9U-0ezU6ifena?dl=0

Everything you need should be there... except the phinix enb.. can grab it on nexus.. Let me know if you have trouble.  Ignore the missorted FSP at the top of the plugin image.. just put it in correct order... Didn't notice until just now.

Ignore the stuff not checked on the left side... I have to have ti all installed for working on the various versions of wlso for stuff... You only need the bits that are active..

After merging either copy the cot esm into your merge or leave the CoT folder enabled...

I'll do some thinking/looking and post again later today/tomorrow about what can easily be stripped out without affecting gameplay.

The most important thing i need to know is if there are any Model Filename entries that you edited in the CR (beside the four static entries)

I'm getting an error in xEdit with Aurlyn.esp, "Parent of a NVNM is not identified as a CELL"

Fatal: <EAssertionFailed: Assertion failure (D:\Projects\TES5Edit\wbDefinitionsTES5.pas, line 2280)

Anyone know whats this about? I just did this entire guide in a single sitting and I'm so close to the end, this happened as I was trying to restore NPC visuals. Guess I'll go to sleep for now.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sw7bijyipf2ufui/File%20Apr%2003%2C%203%2023%2032%20AM.jpeg?dl=0

ok no sleep, but i think i found the culprit. ^

Never seen that in a cell grouping before, but because xEdit throws a warning, i cant edit it, nor would i know what to label it.

I'm not sure that this si what has happened but the aurlyn esp breaks if you sort masters on it.. or it used to anyways.  Re-place the esp and try again.

The real question really becomes does this guide still have a place in it's tiny niche now that Belmont Boy has released Ultimate Skyrim.  

I came back just to tell you yes, yes it does. Belmont Boy is doing his own thing and I'm sure its good. This guide is just a more "complete" overhaul. Plus I have a thing about crowd sourcing. The fact that Belmont Boy asks people which mods should be included feels cheap and will probably lead to conflicts.

Lastly, I want people to know that this guide does work. Takes a while, but you can definitely run it without crashes.

Of course, I've been sitting here trying to get my own form of this guide running for weeks now, subbing out Requiem for Enai + MLU, etc.... :confused:

Edited by nicktheduke
  • +1 1

After I conquered all my crash issues it seems to work very well for me too. Yesterday I got some memory error and it still did not crash haha. Next level resilience. I closed the game to avoid issues. I'm level 9 and only crashed around Whiterun, randomly. Other than that I crashed 1 time. That's super stable in my book, especially with a bunch of loading and crossing areas and all (visited other palaces too, as well as the museum, some fort, built a house, got rekt my Spriggans 234567 times, no CtDs whatsoever).

I've actually slapped a whole bunch of mods on top of this guide (guided by common sense , though a bit rebellious after JD said no population mods, pardon me, couldn't resist two :p) and they seem to all work very well.

Notably

"Hearthfire Extended",

"Inconsequential NPCs",

"Populated Towers, Forts, Places",

"iNeed", "

"RS Children Overhaul"

and Jaxonz utility mods (people are strangers, real names, etc)

that some people might consider adding to their installs. So far they are 100% functional and bug-free. The potion visual replacers work very well with my patches too, no problems whatsoever.

Some are still left to test (like Better Vampires, not happening anytime soon knowing my sluggish playstyle I'll spend the next week decorating the manor), but having them active causes no problems.

And so I would definitely recommend this guide even to people who want to introduce some changes as long as they don't step on the toes of mods already present here. It's much easier to deduce what can work here as an addition than in the huge all-around thing that Bellmont Boy has I'd say. As long as someone looks to add some tweaks, not change everything about the game :)

Edited by Ellilea
  • +1 1

After I conquered all my crash issues it seems to work very well for me too. Yesterday I got some memory error and it still did not crash haha. Next level resilience. I closed the game to avoid issues. I'm level 9 and only crashed around Whiterun, randomly. Other than that I crashed 1 time. That's super stable in my book, especially with a bunch of loading and crossing areas and all (visited other palaces too, as well as the museum, some fort, built a house, got rekt my Spriggans 234567 times, no CtDs whatsoever).

I've actually slapped a whole bunch of mods on top of this guide (guided by common sense , though a bit rebellious after JD said no population mods, pardon me, couldn't resist two :p) and they seem to all work very well.

Notably

"Hearthfire Extended",

"Inconsequential NPCs",

"Populated Towers, Forts, Places",

"iNeed", "

"RS Children Overhaul"

and Jaxonz utility mods (people are strangers, real names, etc)

that some people might consider adding to their installs. So far they are 100% functional and bug-free. The potion visual replacers work very well with my patches too, no problems whatsoever.

Some are still left to test (like Better Vampires, not happening anytime soon knowing my sluggish playstyle I'll spend the next week decorating the manor), but having them active causes no problems.

And so I would definitely recommend this guide even to people who want to introduce some changes as long as they don't step on the toes of mods already present here. It's much easier to deduce what can work here as an addition than in the huge all-around thing that Bellmont Boy has I'd say. As long as someone looks to add some tweaks, not change everything about the game :)

Yeah, going through the process with this is better for folks who want to tweak rather than plug-and-play.

Got attacked by Elrindir in the Drunken Huntsman today and entering was considered trespassing. It turned out the reason for this was a missing public area flag. It is missing in the wlso.esp as well as in the crpatch. I added the flag in both files with xEdit and Elrindir behaved normal again and entering wasn't considered trespassing.

Hi Paul, JD smith and Diana. I want to ask if the guide for requiem is optimal now, fully updated. And also i have played all this guides a litle, yash, Requiem and Dark Mathias guide, and found that a good combination for me, would be to have the  same Landscape and Environment of Darth guide and same Expanded Cities, Towns, and Villages (without radioactive interior) from your guide, and also NPC Retexture option 2 from Darth guide, without all the survival mods (i need, frostfall, bathing in skyrim), without Legacy of Dragonbourne (its boring for me and it introduce op items in the game), and finally with Requiem on top. Its possible to make this set up by only clear master from all this guide patch?