SRLE: Legacy of The Dragonborn Reqtified

You wanted visual oddities mentioned - in my game some boots don't have feet. For instance those Jarl of Solitude has on. Most are complete, it seems to be some of the clothing boots only (so far found 2).

Some floating lanterns, but you mentioned you know of those.

While I know floating lanterns exist... I can't fix them without a proper screenshot showing the refid in the console and the lantern... Easiest to install mfg console and just take a screenshot after you cilck on the item with console open.

I hate this game lol. I changed nothing at all and suddenly it's bugged today. Won't load the main menu at all, just the emblem and nothing else. Didn't touch a single setting, add any mods, nothing. I downloaded the mfg console but didn't even activate it yet.

.-.

No words. Does anyone have a clue what could it be? Online they say it can happen after updating mods and whatnot. But I didn't :<

Finished the guide, ctd on save.

Re-installed everything, including skyrim, ctd on save.

Only after changing 'uExterior Cell Buffer' from the default 36 to 24 did i manage to finally save. 

But i read that the value should actually be 36, since my uGridsToLoad is 5 and the value should be (uGridsToLoad+1)^2.

I used the new CR Patches, and never had any problem with the reqtificator.

Maybe its a memory issue? Is it safe to play with uExterior Cell Buffer=24?

Please.....

Ok so after saving for the first time with uExterior Cell Buffer=24, i exited, changed back to uExterior Cell Buffer=36, and saved successfully without ctd. game running smoothly.

Still sure would love some explanation for this....

Also, i checked the updated Complete fast travel (now Carrige and Ferry Overhaul) and the updated DBM_UnofficialFix_Patch in TES5Edit.

DBM_UnofficialFix_Patch seemed good to go, so i re-merged LOTD Patches using the updated version.

The updated CFTO.esp required some tweaking:

1. Conflicts with NPC Rtextures Merged- added the conflicting npc's records to CRPatch.esp, and took care of the conflicts by dragging&dropping, quite simple.

2. The last two condiotions in CRPatch.esp \ Quest \ 00025251 <CR08> were no longer needed, so i deleted them

I can happily help with TES5Edit tweaking and keeping the CRPatch.esp up to date if you need some weight taken off of your shoulders, btw

Also, i checked the updated Complete fast travel (now Carrige and Ferry Overhaul) and the updated DBM_UnofficialFix_Patch in TES5Edit.

DBM_UnofficialFix_Patch seemed good to go, so i re-merged LOTD Patches using the updated version.

The updated CFTO.esp required some tweaking:

1. Conflicts with NPC Rtextures Merged- added the conflicting npc's records to CRPatch.esp, and took care of the conflicts by dragging&dropping, quite simple.

2. The last two condiotions in CRPatch.esp \ Quest \ 00025251 <CR08> were no longer needed, so i deleted them

I can happily help with TES5Edit tweaking and keeping the CRPatch.esp up to date if you need some weight taken off of your shoulders, btw

Sweet, thanks. :D

My time is slowly slipping away again so I'm sure I'll take you up on your offer soon.  I'd rather not go 6 months in between guide updates this time if possible... it's just so much work in a condensed time frame.

I really want to find time to do some balance passes and introduce the last few things I had planned for the update but I'm not sure it's going to get done.  

The real question really becomes does this guide still have a place in it's tiny niche now that Belmont Boy has released Ultimate Skyrim.  

Edited by jdsmith2816

From what I see Bellmont Boy's thing doesn't even include Legacy of the Dragonborn. And that's a biggie. For that reason alone I'd pick (and have picked) this thing over his and I think this guide has its place around. It's just a different thing.

Edited by Ellilea

From what I see Bellmont Boy's thing doesn't even include Legacy of the Dragonborn. And that's a biggie. For that reason alone I'd pick (and have picked) this thing over his and I think this guide has its place around. It's just a different thing.

First i'm hearing of this, so i went and checked it out. Saw it doesn't include LOTD (and MAS, Forgotten city, 3DNPC, although it does sort of reqtified wyrmstooth) and so i passed. The only thing i liked about it is the opportunity to lighten up the visual demands, 'cause i only care about the gameplay. So yeah, for the time being i'm sticking with this guide.

Also, a request- can you please make a list, even an incomplete one, of visual mods that i can safety uninstall? For example, i already don't use dyndolod, TAFM (expect immersive fallen trees) and every HQ tagged mod.

First i'm hearing of this, so i went and checked it out. Saw it doesn't include LOTD (and MAS, Forgotten city, 3DNPC, although it does sort of reqtified wyrmstooth) and so i passed. The only thing i liked about it is the opportunity to lighten up the visual demands, 'cause i only care about the gameplay. So yeah, for the time being i'm sticking with this guide.

Also, a request- can you please make a list, even an incomplete one, of visual mods that i can safety uninstall? For example, i already don't use dyndolod, TAFM (expect immersive fallen trees) and every HQ tagged mod.

Do you care at all about the city expansions for instance or are you going for pure performance and gameplay.

The real question really becomes does this guide still have a place in it's tiny niche now that Belmont Boy has released Ultimate Skyrim.  

It absolutely does in my book. Belmont's guide doesn't include LotD and 3DNPC which is a huge loss in my opinion, so I prefer your guide.

Two small things, the male guard armors (stormcloak style) have a black/missing texture on the sleeve on exactly the part that is sleeveless for the female model. And it seems brumbek has changed the texture paths for mine woodpost after the latest Noble Skyrim SMIM patch and they currently look really ugly. The issue is mentioned on the Nexus in this post https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1186756-nobleskyrimmod-hd-2k/?p=45934260 that mentions which textures have to be overwritten to fix it.

Do you care at all about the city expansions for instance or are you going for pure performance and gameplay.

I also didn't install any ECTV mods this time, the script lag inside the cities was really bad in my last playthrough (especially in riften, markarth and even in whiterun). The guide currently enforce you to choose between all the ECTV mods or none, so i chose none. Else i would have taken only Clefj's Dragon Bridge, Riverwood, Whiterun market, Orc Strongholds, and Solstheim from ETaC, and some of the new additions from Dawn of Skyrim (the skooma dealer in riften, for example- but that mod has the heaviest impact on performance inside the cities). I find my game more immersive and interesting when there isn't a blacksmith, an alchemist and a magic store in every little town.

Edited by orham1

I also didn't install any ECTV mods this time, the script lag inside the cities was really bad in my last playthrough (especially in riften, markarth and even in whiterun). The guide currently enforce you to choose between all the ECTV mods or none, so i chose none. Else i would have taken only Clefj's Dragon Bridge, Riverwood, Whiterun market, Orc Strongholds, and Solstheim from ETaC, and some of the new additions from Dawn of Skyrim (the skooma dealer in riften, for example- but that mod has the heaviest impact on performance inside the cities). I find my game more immersive and interesting when there isn't a blacksmith, an alchemist and a magic store in every little town.

If you're so inclined you can find all of the patches I used for the original version of the guide here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hmj7x6vc3yj7g1h/AADF0LKCBw2ypspwrclyLhHja?dl=0

Filter by ectv, etac, dawn, jk, clef, etc.. you should be able to put together your own ectv by merging the bits you want and fixign any minor problems.  Just make sure you regenerate the navi in the CK after doing the merge.

For the guide it's just too much to be that flexible.  For our sanity it has to be an all or nothing thing :P

I'll do some thinking/looking and post again later today/tomorrow about what can easily be stripped out without affecting gameplay.

The biggest impact on visual awesomness while still staying very performance friendly would be my current WLSO loadout..  

Requiem Realistic Darkness + CoT + TS + Expanded Snow System + NLA + wlso and wlso__phinix with the phinix enb...  It's glorious with/without the ENB to be honest but the ENB is very light weight especially if you don't run DoF.

It strikes that perfect balance between realistic and gameplay.  If you're interested I'll load up the 3 or 4 patches required to make it all work with the guide...  You'll also want to edit one of the wearable lantern presets (i chose the 1200 range one) to match the Torch02 record from RRD.... Guess I could just include that in the wlso rrd patch so you don't have to mess with it...