SRLE: Legacy of The Dragonborn Reqtified

Btw, would you be so kind as to tell me if I'm correct thinking that if I have a patch that requires say 4 mods and I only want to use 2 of them I could:

- copy sth as overwrite into new plugin

- copy all entries to that plugin aside of those that make it require the 2 mods I don't want as masters (hence pointing to entries that come directly from those mods)?

It's not that simple... who knows which of the non-master-requiring records from the patch you actually need?  If you're at the point where you can tell for sure which ones you need then your need to ask this question is no more... If you're not at that point then you're inevitably going to take too much or too little and who knows what the consequences will be.

Edited by jdsmith2816

Please note than while the guide is currently being updated the new patches will only be released when they have been revised for the updated mods.

Updated [Cutting Room Floor]

CORE Cutting Room Floor - 2.0.5 - by Arthmoor

Updated [The Notice Board]

CORE The Notice Board - 2.2 - by MannyGT

Updated [Legacy of the Dragonborn (Dragonborn Gallery)]

CORE Legacy of the Dragonborn (Dragonborn Gallery) - V18Final - by icecreamassassin Files to download :

• MAIN FILES - Legacy of the Dragonborn V18 Final Core Package (v18Final)
  • UPDATES - DBM_UnofficialFix_Patch v1.8

Updated [Legacy of The Dragonborn Patch Central]

CORE Legacy of The Dragonborn Patch Central - 18.8 - by jcbq and sirjesto Files to download :

• MAIN FILES - Legacy of the Dragonborn Patch Collection v18.8
  • OPTIONAL FILES - Optional Mod Patches for Legacy v18.8
Edited by Diana_TES_GotH

It's not that simple... who knows which of the non-master-requiring records from the patch you actually need?  If you're at the point where you can tell for sure which ones you need then your need to ask this question is no more... If you're not at that point then you're inevitably going to take too much or too little and who knows what the consequences will be.

I can recognize now what the records do, been fiddling around xEdit for a little bit and created my own patch too changing some simple things. My question here is oriented more towards those stranger issues like some tags or keywords. I don't fully understand why some things cannot be transferred like this because of Reqtificator (seen it mentioned by the Requiem patches).

This part in particular: "Merge Plugins: You can merge my patches but I don't recommend it. You must add <<REQ:"TT"; REQ:Temper; REQ:Unroll>> to the description of your merged plugin or you will destroy meta data for the Reqtificator. You might mess up the content of a few leveled lists because the Reqtificator can no longer merge them."

Does it apply to mods other than those specific Requiem-oriented patches? Or is there something similar around?

Oh also, I don't know if you guys care, but one nice fellow on Requiem reddit released Requiem patches for a few mods :)

Vigilant, Spectraverse, Wheels of Lull, Brigandage and Darkend.

Darkend seems very Dark-Souls oriented with some very unimmersive HUD plugins recommended, so that's not my thing. Spectraverse and Wheels of Lull look real fun and I suppose Vigilant too, if someone's into divine play :) Brigandage is more of a flavor mod from what I see, but I thought I'd share with you if some of those sounded appealing to you and you wanted to have Requiem fun with them.

I can recognize now what the records do, been fiddling around xEdit for a little bit and created my own patch too changing some simple things. My question here is oriented more towards those stranger issues like some tags or keywords. I don't fully understand why some things cannot be transferred like this because of Reqtificator (seen it mentioned by the Requiem patches).

This part in particular: "Merge Plugins: You can merge my patches but I don't recommend it. You must add <<REQ:"TT"; REQ:Temper; REQ:Unroll>> to the description of your merged plugin or you will destroy meta data for the Reqtificator. You might mess up the content of a few leveled lists because the Reqtificator can no longer merge them."

Does it apply to mods other than those specific Requiem-oriented patches? Or is there something similar around?

https://requiem.atlassian.net/wiki/display/REQ19/Documentation+for+modders%2C+patch-makers+and+curious+users

Read atleast the first two links below that in the side panel but the whole section I linked is good information to know and doesn't take long ot read.  Once you have ask me any clarifying questions you might have and I'll answer them.

Hey, i just followed the guide with only the core mods and i CTD right after creating a character. Is there any way to find what causes the crash? (or any info i need to post to get help)

Read a few posts back someone posted how htey fixed the problem.  We'll get this resolved soon... probably just need to upload current cr patch since I am not experiencing the issue.

Read a few posts back someone posted how htey fixed the problem.  We'll get this resolved soon... probably just need to upload current cr patch since I am not experiencing the issue.

Do you know when you could upload it somewhere? I'm preparing my second install and would love to include any possible fixes.

Also, a small thing I checked while watching Belmont Boy's videos - one of the Requiem mods seems to remove description of some items/magic effects. Perhaps you would know which one causes it (Kryptopyr's fixes I believe?). I know you can check it by "Tyranus' Greatsword", it should say that it banishes Daedra and stuff, but in my install it only said it's more efficient against undead.

Perhaps there's some simple fix for it, but I tried to look and failed to find it in xEdit. It's either some magic effect description or weapon description, as he said, but I don't really know which or how to change it or how to find if others are overwritten too. I might well be just blind, but thought I'd mention it :P

Edited by Ellilea

Also, a small thing I checked while watching Belmont Boy's videos - one of the Requiem mods seems to remove description of some items/magic effects. Perhaps you would know which one causes it (Kryptopyr's fixes I believe?). I know you can check it by "Tyranus' Greatsword", it should say that it banishes Daedra and stuff, but in my install it only said it's more efficient against undead.

Perhaps there's some simple fix for it, but I tried to look and failed to find it in xEdit. It's either some magic effect description or weapon description, as he said, but I don't really know which or how to change it or how to find if others are overwritten too. I might well be just blind, but thought I'd mention it :P

The source of the description can be different. It's either directly in the object description or like Tyranus' sword comes from another weapon that is used as template. In this case the silver greatsword. The "especially effective" description is from vanilla, is removed by USLEEP, WAFR, Requiem, KFR and then reintroduced by Requiem Immersive weapons. In general Requiem itself is the source of fluffy descriptions, but with multiple effects it doesn't really matter as the text in the box get's so small that it is hardly readable anyway. So there's not a single mod responsible and it might take a little longer to find the source of a description, but changing it once found couldn't be simpler.

EDIT: Just saw that JD reverted changes from Requiem Immersive weapons to KFR in the CRpatch for the onehanded silver sword, so I guess he intended the same for the greatsword but overlooked/forgot it.

I have tried the player.kill reload solution multiple times, but everytime the HUD appears the game crashes after 0.1 seconds

Then you have a different problem. IIRC on the older guide people who only used ENBoost and not a full ENB (or at least all files from Boris) had such problems with CTD. Are you using only ENBoost or a full ENB?

Edited by thenewkid

EDIT: Just saw that JD reverted changes from Requiem Immersive weapons to KFR in the CRpatch for the onehanded silver sword, so I guess he intended the same for the greatsword but overlooked/forgot it.

Correct;  I had to choose something to standardize on for balance purposes and just went with KFR pretty much everywhere.... except where I chose not to for various reasons.  In this case though I believe you're right;  was simply overlooked.  There are ALOT of changes some I'm sure slipped through the cracks.  Thanks for helping check things into things!

Edited by jdsmith2816

Then you have a different problem. IIRC on the older guide people who only used ENBoost and not a full ENB (or at least all files from Boris) had such problems with CTD. Are you using only ENBoost or a full ENB?

I think that might be it, but i dont know how to use a full ENB. Do i have to download some ENB mod from nexus and do all the finish line stuff again? and where would i put it in my load order?

is it possible to just uninstall ENB instead and just not use it at all?

Edited by berder