General Feedback

Thank you both for the answers. Looking at that record in xEdit makes clear, why it is no ITM for me. Now I'm only stuck with LOOT's cleaning message regarding this. Well ... I need to think about this a bit more.. I'll probably tell wrinklyninja about it. Though I don't really think that this circumstance could be easily solved. The way LOOT's masterlist.yaml file is build I would think, that some sort of additional, conditional querys to prevent this message of being displayed in cases just like mine are rather unlikely to happen. Anyway, that is going OT now, so back to topic.

Regarding DCInteriors.. I currently don't really see a need to extract any .bsa apart of "DCInteriors_ComboEdition.bsa". If I have that active I can't start FO3 until it is extracted, but if I don't have DCInteriors active in the left pane at all (or as said, it is active and the bsa is extracted), I can start FO3 just like that. So having the official .bsa's, as well as..

- Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch.bsa

- Advanced Recon Gear.bsa

- Advanced Recon Tech.bsa

- JIP Companions Command & Control.bsa

- xCALIBR.bsa

installed just like that doesn't seem to be a problem for me. But if I experience any more issues with FO3 not starting at all I know where I need to intervene!

And regarding my loadorder .. please let me know once your userlist.yaml is up, Kelmych. Currently I only see one obvious problem in my loadorder, which is ..

- Fallout3.esm

- Anchorage.esm

- ThePitt.esm

- StreetLights.esm

- BrokenSteel.esm

- PointLookout.esm

- Zeta.esm

That one shouldn't be there right between the official .esm's.

Edited by pStyl3

@pStyle3, have a look at what I found out about bsa limit here, maybe what we are seeing isn't just the combined characters of the bsa names, maybe the file paths inside have something to do with it? DCInteriors does have a lot of long folder names.

Streetlights.esm does 'look' out of place but it only has Fallout.esm as a master so it can go there.

CRC of my Fallout3.esm (previously named Fallout3ng.esm) would be 7075253A

Regarding Streetlights.esm, you are actually correct GrantSP. I just thought that in 99,9% of all cases no files should be placed inbetween official plugins at all .. only very certain files need this treatment, like e.g. the Unofficial Patches for Skyrim. But after a look at LOOT's FO3 masterlist that sorting is actually correct. I don't know why Streetlights.esm needs to be placed directly behind Anchorage.esm and ThePitt.esm, but well, should be okay if it's specifically positioned that way through a global priority.

.bsa limit .. can't really say. DCInteriors has indeed a LOT of files, with partly long path's, that's true. That said, while looking at it's files I noticed two small things: screenshot

First, what are those "._.ds_store" and ".ds_store" files? Second, that second marked folder is named "popboyinages" instead of (I would think) "pipboyimages". Are those things a problem for a unextracted .bsa file?

Edited by pStyl3

Very interesting. The "*.ds_store" files are apparently an OSX hidden system file that stores attributes of the folder they are in. I'm guessing @chucksteel was using OSX to do his image editing and just copied over everything, sloppy but I don't think it matters much.

On the other hand the 'popboyimages' is a problem. Apparently though not a very big one or one that shows up much, or else the forum would've been flooded with comments. I found no references at all. I guess what it means is there is no image for the Nuka-Cola toy truck in the pipboy.

So, I am about to create my Bashed Patch. I now found your userlist.yaml file Kelmych and after applying it, my new load order is now:

Fallout3.esm
Anchorage.esm
ThePitt.esm
StreetLights.esm
BrokenSteel.esm
PointLookout.esm
Zeta.esm
Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch.esm
Advanced Recon Tech.esm
aHUD.esm
DCInteriors_ComboEdition.esm
EVE.esm
AWorldOfPainFO3.esm
CALIBR.esm
CRAFT.esm
FO3 Wanderers Edition - Main File.esm
Detect Traps.esm
iHUD.esm
Mart's Mutant Mod.esm
Project Beauty.esm
RH_IRONSIGHTS.esm
xCALIBR.esm
The Mantis Imperative - Mantis.esp
FO3 Wanderers Edition - Main File.esp
FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Broken Steel.esp
WeaponModKits.esp
RH_WMK_Bridge.esp
WeaponModKits - FWE Master Release.esp
FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Anchorage.esp
FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Point Lookout.esp
FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC The Pitt.esp
UUF3P - FWE Patch.esp
Advanced Recon Gear.esp
Advanced Recon Range Finder.esp
Advanced Recon Tech.esp
Advanced Recon Tech - Detect Traps.esp
Advanced Recon Tech FWE.esp
AnimatedFanV2f3.esp
Blackened FWE + MMM + EVE + Project Beauty.esp
Caravan Merchants Heal After Combat.esp
CASM.esp
CharonImproved.esp
Confessor Cromwell has a Break_EV.esp
Creature Companion Fixes.esp
DarNifiedUIF3.esp
Detect Traps - DLC.esp
Detect Traps - Perk.esp
Detect Traps - The Traponator 4000.esp
DynamicCrosshair.esp
Flashlight-LOS.esp
FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Mothership Zeta.esp
FO3_WRP.esp
GlowingGhouls-MMM.esp
GNR Enhanced.esp
HeirApparent.esp
Laurens_Bathroom_poetry_V1.esp
The Mantis Imperative - Jello.esp
CALIBRv14 Ammunition Schematics for FWE-WMK-CRAFT-V1_3-18639.esp
PLweightadjust.esp
NotSoFast.esp
Dree Perks.esp
JIP Companions Command & Control.esp
JIP Selective-Fire.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - Tougher Traders.esp
megalight.esp
Millenia_AKS74U.esp
WMKAA12Shotgun.esp
Millenia_CombatShotgun_replacer.esp
Project Beauty- Broken Steel.esp
Project Beauty- Point Lookout.esp
RH_EVE_Bridge.esp
IntoTheDeepWoods.esp
Scout Outfits.esp
ZL-SVD-CALIBR.esp
CONELRAD 640-1240.esp
ZL-SVD.esp
Refugee Clothing.esp
DIM TYPE3clothesRETAIL.esp
JessiCompanion.esp
Stimpak Counter.esp
The Mantis Imperative - Nasty Zeta No Scaling.esp
WeaponModKits - BrokenSteel.esp
WeaponModKits - OperationAnchorage.esp
WeaponModKits - ThePitt.esp
WeaponModKits - Zeta.esp
WeaponModKits - PointLookout.esp
PLFewerItems.esp
YearlingBooks.esp
Bashed Patch, 0.esp

Only question I have left .. screenshot .. those two plugins with the red background .. do I still need to do anything with those? I see that they have the "Deactivate" flag in the bash tag window, so I believe that should be okay. I just ask because this is the first time that I saw such a thing in WB/WF, so I would like somebody to confirm this.

Edited by pStyl3

So, I am about to create my Bashed Patch. I now found your userlist.yaml file Kelmych and after applying it, my new load order is now:

Only question I have left .. screenshot .. those two plugins with the red background .. do I still need to do anything with those? I see that they have the "Deactivate" flag in the bash tag window, so I believe that should be okay. I just ask because this is the first time that I saw such a thing in WB/WF, so I would like somebody to confirm this.

I had that too and I was a bit put off by it also. I was unsure whether I needed to remove the 'NoMerge' tag and then do my bashed patch, in the end I just let Wrye Flash do it's thing and it just disabled them and created the patch.

However as there is now that userlist.yaml from Kelmych, I may redo mine and see if it does things differently.

Don't know about you, but I'm really enjoying this modded FO3, best thing that has happened to it IMO.

Hi, I'm back in capital wasteland. Well, after re-installing and manipulating C&PD guide to my own preference, I found something that may or may not be really important, but I do remember I saw it somewhere in the nexus forums long ago.

In FO3Edit when you load and expand the FO3 Wanderers Edition - Main File.esm > FormID List > 000B41FD VendorChests, if you go at the bottom there is an LNAM-FormID entry which says [03003D42] < Error: Could not be resolved >. Now, unfortunately I can't find the topic where I saw this, but it was suggested that you can safely remove this entry plus you could even get rid of a variety of random CTD's by doing so. My FO3Edit knowledge is quite limited, but I guess you people here could understand whether this entry should be erased or what it could cause.

Thanks. I'll add it to the guide. I also need to go through the 20th century weapon compatibility patches since they also have some "null" values in some sub records.

Since you just reinstalled, let us know if there are other suggestions.

Thank you both for the answers. Looking at that record in xEdit makes clear, why it is no ITM for me. Now I'm only stuck with LOOT's cleaning message regarding this. Well ... I need to think about this a bit more.. I'll probably tell wrinklyninja about it. Though I don't really think that this circumstance could be easily solved. The way LOOT's masterlist.yaml file is build I would think, that some sort of additional, conditional querys to prevent this message of being displayed in cases just like mine are rather unlikely to happen. Anyway, that is going OT now, so back to topic.

Regarding DCInteriors.. I currently don't really see a need to extract any .bsa apart of "DCInteriors_ComboEdition.bsa". If I have that active I can't start FO3 until it is extracted, but if I don't have DCInteriors active in the left pane at all (or as said, it is active and the bsa is extracted), I can start FO3 just like that. So having the official .bsa's, as well as..

- Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch.bsa

- Advanced Recon Gear.bsa

- Advanced Recon Tech.bsa

- JIP Companions Command & Control.bsa

- xCALIBR.bsa

installed just like that doesn't seem to be a problem for me. But if I experience any more issues with FO3 not starting at all I know where I need to intervene!

I've modded Skyrim for several years now and it took me a couple weeks to realize how limited the number of BSAs is for FO3.  However, once I extracted the non-DLC BSAs I was able to run DCInteriors without extracting it's BSA.  Until then I could only start FO3 with DCinteriors BSA extracted which was obviously contrary to the guides recommendation.  

@pStyle3, have a look at what I found out about bsa limit here, maybe what we are seeing isn't just the combined characters of the bsa names, maybe the file paths inside have something to do with it? DCInteriors does have a lot of long folder names.

Streetlights.esm does 'look' out of place but it only has Fallout.esm as a master so it can go there.

FO3 seems to have a very small finite bsa limit which was something I wasn't looking for being use to modding Skyrim.  Following the CaPD guide for FO3 regarding BSAs, I didn't realize how limited FO3 is in this regard.  I'm doubtful about the pathnames I'm running DCInteriors BSA unextracted and its not having a problem.  I extracted four tiny BSAs to get FO3 to work with DCInteriors active - I wasn't even sure why the mod authors didn't just go with loose files.  

I'm not sure how Mod Organizer handles the collection of BSA as a whole when loading the FO3 into memory but given that limit for the sum of characters for all of the BSA is apparently 255.  I'd guess it's related to the fact the Windows operating system limits file names to 255 characters.  Taking a wild guess, I'm guessing the BSA titles are concatenated together in some fashion to be used as label for some file that Mod Organizer uses for handling the BSAs hence the character limit. 

Hi, I'm back in capital wasteland. Well, after re-installing and manipulating C&PD guide to my own preference, I found something that may or may not be really important, but I do remember I saw it somewhere in the nexus forums long ago.

In FO3Edit when you load and expand the FO3 Wanderers Edition - Main File.esm > FormID List > 000B41FD VendorChests, if you go at the bottom there is an LNAM-FormID entry which says [03003D42] < Error: Could not be resolved >. Now, unfortunately I can't find the topic where I saw this, but it was suggested that you can safely remove this entry plus you could even get rid of a variety of random CTD's by doing so. My FO3Edit knowledge is quite limited, but I guess you people here could understand whether this entry should be erased or what it could cause.

My policy is to always remove such subrecords.  I'm new to modding FO3 but I've run heavily modded Skyrim setups with 300+ esps before merging.  What I've found is that if this occurs that one of two things typically has occurred either Skyrim fails to launch or CTD during gameplay - either way the problem is fixed by removing the offending subrecord.  I have fixed a couple of this error by pointing it to the right location but its not that easy typically.  For instance, it will have a dependency on some other mod which has been since updated and not containing that subrecord anymore resulting in a bad reference.

Has anyone else been having problems with BASH reverting weapon damage back to vanilla values form FWE values?  I've haven't seen it mentioned on this thread and was wondering if I'm missing something.  I been using FO3Edit to revert them back in the BASH patch.  I'll create a BASH Override patch eventually once I've settled on a stable load order. 

Edited by NosDdraig

I had that too and I was a bit put off by it also. I was unsure whether I needed to remove the 'NoMerge' tag and then do my bashed patch, in the end I just let Wrye Flash do it's thing and it just disabled them and created the patch.

However as there is now that userlist.yaml from Kelmych, I may redo mine and see if it does things differently.

Don't know about you, but I'm really enjoying this modded FO3, best thing that has happened to it IMO.

I do aswell, for two reasons. First, I haven't played FO3 until now so it is bound to be a great experience ::P:, and second, because I know how great the mods are for Bethsoft games. CaPD helped me a lot in getting FO3 modded with MO, and that within a considerably and comparatively less time (still probably 10-15 hours haha). Which is very appreciated.

I've been surprised how many of the vanilla textures have high resolution replacements when using the mods in the guide; the percentage of high quality replacements for the vanilla  textures is probably even higher than it is in Skyrim. 

Kelmych, in regards to Rivet City, would you be interested in a patch for the guide to use all the major upgrades?

Better Rivet City Chruch

DCInteriors Room with a View (Makes an actual bridge with windows.  It looks fantastic and fits in well with the design of the ship and lore)

Rivet City Merchants (makes it a busy market place with lots of goods like everyone says it is)

Rivet City Realignment

With that load order, they all work, there is just some texture shimmering. I've made a patch for TTW versions to fix that, and think I might fix a couple small navmesh issues around two of the stalls.  I can port it back to FO3.  It really just brings it to life.