Dreadflopps Modular patches

I think we mean the same thing, my wording may be a little off. This is how I interpret the instructions:

SR:LE

1. Run DynDOLOD textgen

2. Run DynDOLOD worlds

3. Create one textgen mod and one worlds mod.

STEP

1. Run DynDOLOD textgen

2. Create textgen mod

3. Run DynDOLOD worlds

4. Create worlds mod

The STEP instructions led me to believe that the textgen mod needed to be created before running the DynDOLOD worlds script, which was apparently wrong when I read the SR:LE instructions. Both the STEP instructions and SR:LE instructions should give the same result.

Technically, my guide is assuming you place the output into two separate output folders then make 2 mods. So essentially it can be done either way but the end result is the same.

For what it's worth, I created two executable shortcuts in Mod Organizer to reduce the number of steps to two:

Title: DynDOLOD TexGen
Binary: C:\Games\TES5Edit\TES5Edit.exe
Arguments: -o:"C:\Games\ModOrganizer\mods\DynDOLOD TexGen"

Title: DynDOLOD Worlds
Arguments: -o:"C:\Games\ModOrganizer\mods\DynDOLOD Worlds"

These create the TexGen and Worlds output right in a new mod in the ModOrganizer folder so I don't need to manually create mods from the output.

For what it's worth, I created two executable shortcuts in Mod Organizer to reduce the number of steps to two:

These create the TexGen and Worlds output right in a new mod in the ModOrganizer folder so I don't need to manually create mods from the output.

that's actaully a good idea Greg.

But the argument only applies to when you run DynDOLOD TexGen. When you run DynDOLOD Worlds, you set the output directory from the DynDOLOD worlds setting window. This is saved in <xEdit install directory>/Edit Scripts/DynDOLOD/DynDOLOD-LODGen preset default.ini

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Dread, just checking in;

I've been playing my masterpiece (so many thank you's again) for a bit now, and really loving it... MLU is just amazing, CACO, Weapons and Armor Attributes, Loot and Degredation... damn.  We've turned Skyrim into a full-fledged RPG.  

Here's a thought though - you recommend not using the essential NPC's function in Deadly Dragons.  I totally agree that - I mean ideally every NPC in the world should be killable as far as I'm concerned.  However, the NPC's and the world aren't really designed for that - even with Immersive Citizens, with a world so much more dangerous than normal (thank you HLE, SIC, CE, DD, ASIS, ROTE) it's really easy for important NPC's to die.  Again, this wouldn't be an issue for me mostly, except that CERTAIN npc's really should be hard to kill, should be serious bad-asses.  There aren't really any serious badasses in Skyrim other than the Dragonborn. 

What are your thoughts on a mod that selectively makes certain npc's more powerful (ie gives them higher level, maybe perks, buffed stats)?  I'm actually thinking about teaching myself modding through such a project, but have no idea about how complex that might be, especially in light of compatibility.  I'm thinking specifically the Companions, College Mages, Dark Brotherhood, as well as "royal" protector types - Farengar, Irileth, etc., as well as anyone else that makes sense.  I realize the trick would be not making anyone TOO powerful, especially characters that can become followers, such as the Companions, or are involved in ride-along quests like Irileth.  I'm fairly certain there is a levelling system for npc's in Skyrim, at least for some?  My thought is tweaking that a bit, making certain characters start at higher levels and allow them to increase in level higher as well - while still having some characters fixed at a high level - General Tullius, The Archmage, maybe Tolfdir as well, Kodlak etc.

oh and one small question;  Hunterborn doesn't seem to be rewarding me with higher quality or additional pelts like it used to (though perhaps I just haven't gotten to a high enough level in it...) and goat's don't seem to be dropping Goat Horns for Hearhfire... though I can't quite remember if they did before or not.

Glad you enjoy it :)

The recommendation to not use the essential NPC's function comes from Garfink I believe, who was the co-author of my previous pack that all my current packs are based on. Some NPC's should be essential in vanilla. I don't know what would happen if you use that function but I'm guessing it isn't reversible and that the NPC's that have been tagged as essential are stored in your saved game file since this is done with scripting. What would happen if a npc that should be killable is marked as essential. This is all hypothetical and any problems that might occur could probably be solved with console commands.

Mods that makes NPC's harder and higher level can be fun. This is what Endgame NPCs and RotE does for NPC's and enemies. There is a leveling system for NPC's and there are in fact several versions of many NPC's with different levels. Which one you will meet depends on your level (or maybe the level of the encounter zone). Endgame NPC's raises the level cap for several NPCs. Check those mods as well as the companions mod and the College of Winterhold mod that are in Dart_mathias pack (SRLE Extended) to see what they have done and see what you can come up with. Compatibility with mods that alters NPCs is a problem unfortunately and this is why I avoid these mods. Resolving conflicts are often easy but can be tedious if there are many NPCs that are altered by the mod.

Regarding Hunterborn, I haven't used it enough to have an answer. I'll check in xEdit to see if I can see something odd.

I looked into Endgame NPC's, and I was aware of ESF Companions and Immersive College of Winterhold and their effects on those NPC's - I'm using the requirements only version of ESF Companions right now, and really loving it - but aware that the full mod will require some genuine conflict resolution to integrate.  

Endgame NPC's doesn't quite do what I had in mind, and generally it just sounds like what I had in mind will be intensive at best, and simply by it's nature, not a super-noticeable change to the game (probably many of the NPC's I would make more powerful you wouldn't really see in action - Ulfric, the Archmage, Septimus Signus, Kodlak, etc.)

I guess I'll have to figure out something else to make my first contribution to the world of Skyrim modding.

Okay so I went crazy.

I bought a Samsung m.2 950 Pro SSD recently and installed it, to use as my gaming hard-drive, so that I can have a truly proper STEP setup.  I know how to transfer my setup if I wanted to (did with FNV), but as I've been playing, reading, and so on, I've been adding mods, seeing other mods that interested me, and considering dropping a mod or two - essentially, thinking pretty hard about a revision.  So I decided to just do a complete clean install of Skyrim on my new drive, and attempt to incorporate all that I've learned in it.

After having thought about it for a while, and having really looked at SRLE and STEP, what I think I'd like to do is basically install STEP:Extended, but use Neo's Animation&Skeleton section, his sounds section (essentially just drop most of the STEP sounds), a good number of his textures that STEP isn't' currently using, and then your packs.  Does this sound like it will work?  There may be a couple different installer options I need to pick on either side, but those I can almost certainly determine on my own... otherwise it seems like as long as I install XPMSE instead of XMPS, that makes the major difference in the two animation sections.

My thought here is that the end result will be pretty damn close to SRLE though, making it potentially smarter to just use it instead?  The only reason I don't want to go that route is that it looks like a pretty heavy setup to me.  I was definitely experiencing some small script lag already with my previous setup, and it seems like Neo just doesn't shy away from those kinds of mods (plus I don't want to use UNP).

After having thought about it for a while, and having really looked at SRLE and STEP, what I think I'd like to do is basically install STEP:Extended, but use Neo's Animation&Skeleton section, his sounds section (essentially just drop most of the STEP sounds), a good number of his textures that STEP isn't' currently using, and then your packs.  Does this sound like it will work?  There may be a couple different installer options I need to pick on either side, but those I can almost certainly determine on my own... otherwise it seems like as long as I install XPMSE instead of XMPS, that makes the major difference in the two animation sections.

My thought here is that the end result will be pretty damn close to SRLE though, making it potentially smarter to just use it instead?  The only reason I don't want to go that route is that it looks like a pretty heavy setup to me.  I was definitely experiencing some small script lag already with my previous setup, and it seems like Neo just doesn't shy away from those kinds of mods (plus I don't want to use UNP).

It will most likely work. I have a similar setup. Here is the mods that I use. I have shared all patches that are needed in my modular patches download:

STEP Extended without the following mods. Many of the removed mods are reinstalled later:

Relighting Skyrim

Smart Souls

XP32

Skyrim Flora Overhaul

Footprints

Lanterns of Skyrim

TreesHD_Skyrim_Variation

83Willows 101BugsHD

Beards

Better Beast Races

Better Freckles

Birds and flocks

Brows

Cover Khajiits

Female vampires have fangs

XCE - Xenius Character Enhancement

XCE - Dawnguard

Better Males

Better Turn Animation only One pose

Dual Wield Blocking Animations

Running with a bow 3rd person

Skyrim - Enhanced Camera

Radiant and Unique Potions and Poisons HD

Immersive Skyrim Thunder V6

ClamsDropPearls

ClamsDropPearls

FNIS

Animation mods (from SRLE):

Immersive Animations

Blocking animation pack

Dual Wield Improved Animation

XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended My install

Characters & Armors (from SRLE) (I'm thinking about removing UNPB, I don't like it)

Better Makeup for SKSE

Northborn Scars

XCE - Warpaint and Dirt

Better males

Coverkhajiits

FAR - Forgotten Argonian Roots

Khajiit body replacer for UNP and CBBE

Mature skin texture

UNP BLESSED BODY- UNPB REDUX PROJECT

UNPB Dawnguard Armors

UNPB Dragonborn Armors

UNPB Female Armors

TroubleMakers Clothing - UNPB UNP BBP BBPx TBBP MTM Female Body Replacer

TroubleMakers Forsworn Armor - Customizable UNPB and BBP also BBPx

Lore Friendly and SemiSkimpy Armors - UNPB-BBP

SRLE Explorers edition, only the following mods:

Wyrmstooth

Wiseman303's Flora Fixes for Wyrmstooth

Falskaar

High Hrothgar Overhaul SRLE Explorers

More Immersive Dawnguard Entrance SRLE Explorers

Unique Border Gates merge

Helgen Reborn SRLE Explorers

Moon and Star SRLE Explorers

The Forgotten City

Beyond Reach

Molag Bals Inferno

The Gray Cowl of Nocturnal

Gray Cowl of Nocturnal Alikr Flora Overhaul

Improved closefaced helmets Helgen reborn patch

Molag Bals Inferno LOD Billboards

Beyond Reach LOD Billboards

Dovahkiin Reborn pack with Ordinator, Disparity + CACO

Skyrim Gameplay Rebalance pack

No hardcore mods, no optional mods. I am currently trying without Immersive patrols to se if I can reduce lag.

Deleveled Loot pack

I am not using Warmonger armory.

Survival pack

Other mods:

INIGO

InigoMCM

Arissa - The Wandering Rogue

Immersive Horses

Horses Revamped (check SRLE for install options)

Mirai - the Girl with the Dragon Heart

Recorder - Standalone Fully Voiced Follower

Hoth

Extensible Follower Framework

EFF Inventory Autosort Disable (from SRLE)

Extensible Follower Framework Compatibility Collection - Auto unequip ammo

Sofia - The Funny Fully Voiced Follower

Arissa Customizer - UNP

Mirai Customizer - UNP

Recorder Customizer - UNP

Sofia Customizer Redux - UNP

iWASM - Immersive Wait And Sleep Menu

Easy Wheelmenu

Provincial Courier Service

The Notice Board

The Notice Board - Falskaar

Wyrmstooth - Tweaks and Enhancements (from SRLE)

Horns Are Forever

SkyTweak

Dragon Stalking Fix

VioLens - A Killmove Mod

Wearable Lanterns

Wintermyst - Enchantments of Skyrim (install after you have created the bashed patch. Remove the bashed patch from its block list)

Simply Knock

ClothingCraft

Realistic Boat Bobbing

DSAMG Dragon Soul Absorb More Glorious

WWLMG Greybeard Meditation - Dynamic

360 Walk and Run Plus

PELTAPALOOZA - Pelts of Skyrim Expansion

Revamped Alchemy Lab HD

The Notice Board Redefined - New Meshes and Textures

RUGNAROK

RUSTIC ALCHEMY and ENCHANTING TABLES

RUSTIC CLOTHING - 2K-1K

RUSTIC COOKING STATION

RUSTIC ELDERSCROLL

RUSTIC MONUMENTS AND TOMBSTONES

RUSTIC MONUMENTS AND TOMBSTONES ELFX meshes only

RUSTIC OVEN - Hearthfires

Northfire's Skidmarks 1K-2K

Fences of Skyrim - No more flickering fences

Contractor and Mavari Armors

Craftable Horse Barding

Books of Skyrim

Holidays

Dynamic Follower Dialogue - DFD

YOT - Your Own Thoughts

Grimoa's 3rd person friendly Candlelight Spell

Enhanced Lights and FX

Relighting Skyrim FULL - Tailored for ELFX

Unofficial Enhanced Lights and FX ELFX SMIM ENB fps performance patch

The Ruffled Feather - Better Dynamic Snow

Vivid Weathers

Embers HD Fireplaces Add-on

Embers HD Lava crater Add-on

Embers HD Ultimate HD Fire Effects patch

Realistic Aspen Trees (from SRLE)

Realistic Aspen Trees 4k 2k 1k Billboards (from SRLE)

Skyrim Flora Overhaul (from SRLE)

TreesHD_Skyrim_Variation (from SRLE)

Upgrade and fix for TreesHD by Pfuscher (from SRLE)

Soulfire

Breezehome by Lupus

FileAccess Interface for Skyrim Script - FISS

Moonpath to Elsweyr

Typo Patch - Moonpath to Elsweyr

Moonpath to Elsweyr - Realistic Room Rental Enhanced Patch

Moonpath to Elsweyr Delayed Start Plugin

Immersive College of Winterhold

Immersive College of Winterhold ELFX patch

College Days - Winterhold

Enhanced Skyrim Factions - The Companions Guild

• +1 1

that's pretty awesome, almost exactly what I was thinking of.  

I don't want to use ELFX, only because the compare shots I see on the Vividian ENB page seem like the least dark shadows, and I'm kind of into the dark shadows, specifically dungeons.  I was mostly happy with the way things looked before, with STEP Relighting Skyrim and ELE Lite... though I did find interiors during the day did wind up being a little dark.  

do you find Peltapalooza adds too many pelts?  I really love Rugnarok and the pelts look great from Peltapalooza but some of the screenshots I saw seemed like he was really trying to jam in unnecessary pelts.  Maybe I'm being a little nitpicky.

You don't use 3DNPC? I always install this mod, have never really used it much, but the dialogue and voice acting is really quite good... I'm torn a bit here, I do feel like it adds something worthwhile to my game, but I was reading Garfink's post a couple pages back, where he was saying it had conflicts and is difficult to integrate... 

I'd love to hear your thoughts on Immersive Patrols.  Another one that I feel adds something worthwhile to my game, even if it is kind of background.  I was getting an occasional real slow down/stutter amidst otherwise ultra-smooth gameplay with my last install, which used Immersive Patrols.  I'm currently thinking about not using NPC KO Overhaul - not that I know anything, but on the page it says it uses a cloak script?  I know many mods use this, but as far as I understand it, those are the types of scripts that run on NPC's semi-constantly, and become very demanding when layered on top of one another;  and I'll definitely be using Frostfall, Wet & Cold, Loot & Degradation, and I think a couple others that use heavier scripts.  I do plan on using only textures from EBT and DSI.  It just seems like those large groups in the distance or whatever would be easier to handle if they weren't running so many scripts?  

and yeah I was eyeing the SRLE characters section as well, mostly for that Forgotten Argonian Roots mod, I really like those Argonian skin textures... after having looked into it more, the Geonox faces from Better Males also seem to look nicer than XCE, so yeah I'll be installing this section as well, minus UNPB.

and finally!  I'm thinking about using Simple Multiple Followers with Simple Follower Mount / Horses Revamped & Immersive Horses for followers & mounts... the auto sandbox of SMF, in addition to the auto-equip functions (depending on how that plays out, may disable) sound great.  I also like that it seems like I can disable pretty much any part of the mod I don't want to use, and I'm really only getting a follower mod to have multiple followers.  I think I'm also gonna roll with endgame NPC's, or possibly still attempt my own version, depending.

oh and as far as new Lands/quests I'm thinking;

Falskaar

Wyrmstooth

Helgen Reborn

Moonpath to Elseweyr?

More Immersive DG Entrance

Unique Border Gates

Moon+Star

Edited by baronaatista

Both ELFX and Relighting Skyrim are great, your choice really.

Peltapalooza doesn't add any pelts, it just adds variation as it increases the number of pelts used by the game, if I uderstands it correctly. It's just meshes and textures, no plugin.

I'm not using 3DNPC, I like it though. My frame rate was getting low which is why I tried to drop 3DNPC and I got a big increase in fps. For the same reason I'm trying without Immersive patrols but I haven't seen any benefits yet, but my testing is limited as I have a limited time to play. Garfink reported that Immersive Patrols was causing frame rate drops for him.

I like NPC KO overhaul since your followers gets KO during combat and won't recover until the fight is over, which adds some challenge to the fights. Can't say how taxing it is on the system since I haven't tried without it but if it is demanding I' would drop it. It isn't essential.

I'm also just using the textures from EBT and DSI.

I'm very interested in SMF but I'm a little worried about how well it functions with custom followers and with ICAIO. Last time I checked, which is quite awhile ago, there wasn't any information about this. If you just want a mod that allows multiple followers, I'd use this:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=87578317

Multiple followers lite, which isn't on the nexus.

I have used Endgame NPC's before but I removed since I was frustrated with the fact that the mod alters two race records to give female orcs female behaviors. This may be fine, Neovalen does the same thing in SRLE, but I don't think it fits in Endgame NPC's and it causes the mod to conflict with other mods that alters races. I asked the author about this but he/she said those edits were essential to him/her. They may be essential to some but I still don't think they fit in Endgame NPC overhaul since they are not essential for Endgame NPCs. It feels messy and made be question the design choices of the mod. Why put your personal edits in your mod that has nothing to do with those edits. I know I'm being nitpicky and Endgame NPCs is probably excellent, but it's just how it is :)

Not quite sure I understand why 3DNPC would be demanding enough to provide a significant FPS boost? If so though, I may drop it also.... Going to drop NPC KO first, keep Immersive Patrols, do some testing and maybe drop IP as well.

... And as for Endgame NPC's, I think I will attempt my own version, and if so I will certainly keep it to ONLY changing NPC level, possibly some equipment changes, and maybe buffs for certain NPCs. The plan would be to be selective in which NPCS it touches and how, only making those that SHOULD be powerful more powerful.

I looked at editing NPC info in CK the other day and it seems pretty straightforward, it just makes me nervous as the whole thing is unfamiliar to me.

Again man, thanks for taking the time to respond.