Dreadflopps Modular patches

Yeah animals running away is annoying, especially with the survival mods and hunterborn... can't skin animals, can't use campfires 'create item', etc.  Plus I play with IHUD so I usually don't have my compass up, and I just hate the whole concept of using the compass to have the magical power to know where any creature you are 'in combat' with is.  I also remember not really enjoying the young versions of animals that SkyTEST includes.  

I suppose I'll keep AT for now and wait to see how things shake out.

New PC is exciting!  And glad to hear that you intend to maintain the guide as things shift into the Enhanced version of Skyrim, though I'm wondering how long it will take to convert all the important mods, Gopher seemed to indicate that SKSE will need a major update, which may require rebuilding or at least major re-structuring of SKSE based mods.

It is annoying, I'll think about it some more. Right now I'm leaning against not including SkyTEST. I'll check Animal Tweaks against Wildcat in xEdit, I'm guessing there are conflicts and I'll make a decision on what to do with Animal Tweaks.

It's exciting that Skyrim gets a Special Edition and I hope SKSE and the community moves to the new version. If the SKSE team doesn't update it to the Special Edition someone else probably will if you ask me.

Hey Dreadflopp,

Since you are around, I'm wondering what you recommend for Breezehome by Lupus. Use its own lighting, or use ELFX records, etc.

When I last checked, the patch in the modular patches download was for Breezehome Fully Upgradable, which I think you dropped.

Breezehome by Lupus should win since ELFX is made for vanilla Breezehome. But, even if you let Breezehome by Lupus win, some changes by ELFX will still remain since they aren't overwritten and this may lead to flickering lights or other lighting oddities. I think you should forward all vanilla records for Breezehome that are altered by ELFX to a new plugin (your patch) and then forward all Breezehome by Lupus to this patch. The patch should revert Breezehome to vanilla+Breezehome by Lupus. Another way to do it is deleting all Breezehome entries from ELFX. I can't remember what I did but I don't seem to have a patch...

Breezehome by Lupus should win since ELFX is made for vanilla Breezehome. But, even if you let Breezehome by Lupus win, some changes by ELFX will still remain since they aren't overwritten and this may lead to flickering lights or other lighting oddities. I think you should forward all vanilla records for Breezehome that are altered by ELFX to a new plugin (your patch) and then forward all Breezehome by Lupus to this patch. The patch should revert Breezehome to vanilla+Breezehome by Lupus. Another way to do it is deleting all Breezehome entries from ELFX. I can't remember what I did but I don't seem to have a patch...

I just checked the ELFX installer and there is a No Breezehome option. It installs a separate plugin that removes ELFX from Breezehome. Easy enough solution. :-)

I just checked the ELFX installer and there is a No Breezehome option. It installs a separate plugin that removes ELFX from Breezehome. Easy enough solution. :-)

Well that's probably what i used [emoji1] manually removing Breezehome from ELFX saves you a plugin slot though.

Regarding Vigor and Wildcat, Alex9ndre (author of Vigor) is using Wildcat and Vigor together and it works mostly well. They will work more seamless together in the future in the upcoming updates of Vigor. I will probably keep both mods, adding Wildcat and removing Combat Evolved (and possibly Animal Tweaks).

Regarding Vigor and Wildcat, Alex9ndre (author of Vigor) is using Wildcat and Vigor together and it works mostly well. They will work more seamless together in the future in the upcoming updates of Vigor. I will probably keep both mods, adding Wildcat and removing Combat Evolved (and possibly Animal Tweaks).

this is what i have decided to do i just need to workout the MCM Menu Config for both then I will be adding wildcat hopefully some point to today or tomorrow.

Yeah Wildcat looks great, but there are definitely some features from Vigor I'd prefer to keep, and losing CE seems like the logical choice.  I actually mostly like Animal Tweaks, as I find SkyTEST a little overdone, I just find AT makes animals a touch TOO difficult.  However with Wildcat being more flexible with it's damage/difficulty scaling than CE, that may not be the issue it was before.  I'm waiting a bit till the updates settle down before I switch over, as I'm still finalizing this install.  So close.

this is what i have decided to do i just need to workout the MCM Menu Config for both then I will be adding wildcat hopefully some point to today or tomorrow.

Alex9ndre said in his Nexus page that the next Vigor version will have more conservative settings to make it work with Wildcat. That was a few days ago, maybe he decided it wasn't needed. I'm getting really eager to getting back to playing Skyrim but my game was getting really unstable. I need a new PC first...

So I have re-organized my setup with Wildcat, Vigor and Animal Tweaks.  As far as xEdit is concerned, the only place AT conflicts with Wildcat is in Combat Styles, and as far as I understand it that's a non-critical conflict?  At the moment I am simply letting Wildcat overwrite, as I like it's changes better.  I noticed while going through though some conflicts with RotE and CACO that aren't resolved by your patches - the CACO ones are related to poison and I'm assuming that's a similar situation with Wildcat and Combat Styles (CACO wins cause it's changes are preferred).  RotE though seems to lose conflicts with some key creatures - is this also a preferred changes situation?  I feel like I'd prefer the RotE records in this instance, but am unsure of whether to simply copy them forward or if I should be merging changes from AT as well - or if there is perhaps a reason not to do this at all.

I haven't checked Wildcat yet but yes, it should overwrite Animal Tweaks. I have some updating to do. I need to update my installed mods and check for conflicts, add Wildcat and check out the new lite version of Morrowloot that was recently released. It will probably replace Morrowloot Ultimate. I'll also check RotE and resolve all conflicts. It shouldn't loose features, changes from RotE should be merged with other plugins if other plugins changes the looks or the equipment of NPC's. In this case, RotE should probably win over AT.

I'll also recheck my conflict resolution against Neo's and Dart Mathias's.

This will take a little more time, it's summer and I have 4 weeks off from work spending time with the sun and the family. It is on my to-do list :)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Very cool, not trying to be a pest, I'm just finally at the very end of a long road and I'm excited to actually play the game lol.  I'm gonna have a whack at doing my own CR AT/RotE and then start having fun!  And I'm sure I'll be back here checking stuff out whenever you update.  One more time, thanks for putting these packs and patches together, and for generally being so patient and helpful.

Very cool, not trying to be a pest, I'm just finally at the very end of a long road and I'm excited to actually play the game lol. I'm gonna have a whack at doing my own CR AT/RotE and then start having fun! And I'm sure I'll be back here checking stuff out whenever you update. One more time, thanks for putting these packs and patches together, and for generally being so patient and helpful.

Thank you, glad you appreciate the work on the packs. It is safe to start playing. When I'm finished with the updates there will only need minor differences, if any, between what you got now and with my future patches. It will be safe to update. Enjoy the game :)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Hi everyone, hi dreadflopp.

First I wanted to thank you for your awesome Packs, although I haven't properly used them so far. They contain tons of mods I wanted to install anyway but I'm pretty sure I would never be able to make them compatible to each other and STEP on my own.

When looking at Deleveled Loot, Dovahkin Reborn, Skyrim Gameplay Rebalance (and Survival) I'm pretty overwhelmed in a positive aswell as in a negative way. Positive, because they contain almost everything I wish for (except for content from REGS which I will try to somehow install on my own in my noobish way). Negative, because I feel there's some info missing for me to properly get to a clean mod setup. Don't get me wrong, this is because of me, not because of you - I just feel I will mess up my installation (STEP Extended, Vividian ENB and some visual and foliage mods) when adding all that stuff.

Could you give me a hint on which Pack to install first when planning to install all three (respectively four) and where to put everything in the MO (left pane) load order? Either I haven't looked close enough yet or there's just no instructions about that and as many mods in each pack got instructions for mods from other packs, that to me appear like circular logic with no idea on which one to follow first, I'm pretty afraid and confused before starting the installation.

Also, looking at your level of experience in Skyrim modding, do you perhaps have a quick hint about what to do if you want to get rid of tree billboards entirely? I've already annoyed vurt concerning using SFO 2.5b correctly but after fixing some things he told me "that's about as smooth as it will ever get", talking about 2D to 3D tree transitions. Unfortunately they're still pretty visible so my idea was to have 3D trees everywhere instead of those ugly billboards...

Thanks in advance and greetings :)

Could you give me a hint on which Pack to install first when planning to install all three (respectively four) and where to put everything in the MO (left pane) load order? Either I haven't looked close enough yet or there's just no instructions about that and as many mods in each pack got instructions for mods from other packs, that to me appear like circular logic with no idea on which one to follow first, I'm pretty afraid and confused before starting the installation.

Hi Elwaps and thanks for your kind words. It doesn't matter it what order you install the packs. They do not contain files that overwrite each other. Just make sure you install the mods within each pack in the order they are listed and you'll be fine.

I am currently updating the packs. I am going to switch over to the lite version of Morrowloot and I am going to replace Combat Evolved with Wildcat. I am possibly removing Animal Tweaks as well but I haven't checked in xEdit yet. I am a little busy with enjoying the outdoors atm so the update is maybe two weeks away.

Also, looking at your level of experience in Skyrim modding, do you perhaps have a quick hint about what to do if you want to get rid of tree billboards entirely? I've already annoyed vurt concerning using SFO 2.5b correctly but after fixing some things he told me "that's about as smooth as it will ever get", talking about 2D to 3D tree transitions. Unfortunately they're still pretty visible so my idea was to have 3D trees everywhere instead of those ugly billboards...

Thanks in advance and greetings :)

I am not very experienced with Dyndolod and LODs. The transitions are poor indeed and annoys me as well. I do not think there is any way to fix this except raising the uGrids in the ini-files. You need the mod https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/41592/? to do this. This will move the transition further away from you. It will also trigger scripted actions further away from you, which may cause trouble. I believe Neovalen knows more about this. I know he used to play with either 7 or 9 uGrids (5 is the vanilla value). I haven't played with anything but 5.

• +1 1

Higher UGrid settings or some form of Static trees though will be quite demanding on any system, especially if you're doing a large mod install, and especially especially if you're adding town/city mods, which I have always found to be a real drain on stability.

I've been playing with Animal Tweaks / Wildcat for a bit and really enjoying it. There aren't major conflicts that I can see, though I'm certainly not an expert. I used the base game balanced patch in my merge, as I found the 'less knockdowns' version to be a little OP, and it works great.

I'm also doing a profile that uses Advanced Adversary Encounters instead of RotE arm, to check it out. Seems like it's a little more carefully thought out in terms of how its buffing enemies, will see though.

I've been playing with Animal Tweaks / Wildcat for a bit and really enjoying it. There aren't major conflicts that I can see, though I'm certainly not an expert. I used the base game balanced patch in my merge, as I found the 'less knockdowns' version to be a little OP, and it works great.

I'm also doing a profile that uses Advanced Adversary Encounters instead of RotE arm, to check it out. Seems like it's a little more carefully thought out in terms of how its buffing enemies, will see though.

I'll check the base game balanced patch, I hadn't noticed it before. AAE is on my radar and it might replace RotE. RotE is an optional mod in my guide just because I don't use it myself but someone begged for me to keep it in the guide. I just can't make sense of RotE, the changes it makes seems random to me. I'm sure the author has thought it through, I just don't see it. AEE might make more sense to me, I'm waiting for the next version that will bring some changes before I'm looking at it.