Dreadflopps Modular patches

Small status update:

Wildcat will be added, Combat Evolved and Animal Tweaks will be removed. SkyTEST will be reevaluated since I discovered I had a to high value for fCombatDetectionLostTimeLimit from and old version of ICAIO.

It will still take some time. LOOT has new rules that messed up my load order. If you do not use the official AOS-RW2 patch, which we don't since these conflicts are solved by the STEP patch, LOOT places AOS after RW2. Since I have a LOOT rule to load RW2 late this causes all patch merges that has AOS as a master to be placed (too) late in the load order. I'm thinking about removing all custom RW2 LOOT rules and solve all conflicts in the patches instead.

Did you drop AT for conflict reasons? Or personal taste? Just wondering cause I've included it in my build and didn't see any obvious major conflicts - I'd love to know if there's something major I missed.

There are no major issues, just several mods trying to do partly the same thing. Animal Tweaks and Combat Evolved are both made by the same author. They overlap each other and both makes the same changes to several records. Combat Evolved is removed in favour of Wildcat just because I want to try Wildcat and from what I've seen others are eager to try it too. It overlaps Animal Tweaks. I'm worried about balance when you partially use a mod that is tweaking and rebalancing combat and let another mod that partially does the same thing overwrite it. I thought it looked messy in xEdit when I had both Wildcat and Animal Tweaks loaded.

Totally understandable, both mods are competing for the same territory, and trying to do somewhat different things.  That being said I'm finding I enjoy the balance of it so far quite a bit - animals tend to do very high damage, but are a little more killable with both the Base Game Balanced patch from AT and Wildcat overwriting combat styles.  Early on, encountering two wolves is a dangerous but winnable proposition, whereas before with a more 'pure' animal tweaks I was pretty much screwed.  

I think I'll be keeping it for my personal install - I'm doing a solid playthrough with my current setup (Which includes RoTE... AAE was breaking animal behaviors from AT for some reason?  I checked xEdit and all the faction/aggression stuff from AT wasn't overwritten, and I couldn't figure out what was up so I just reverted - and picked up Bring Your Silver on the way), and then I'll be creating another profile for your re-configured setup.  So I say take your time! lol.  I'm hoping against hope that Last Seed drops sometime soon, but I have a sinking feeling that it will still be a bit.  Chesko's plans for that are pretty epic, and I just watched him livestream the making of Scroll Wheel Equip, in which he said he was 'banging his head against a wall' trying to get some Frostfall UI stuff working the way he wants it to.

I really love so much of what SkyTEST is about, the big thing that holds me back is the random variation in creatures, such as in this picture.  Immersive creatures already does this with many creatures and I always find it a bit odd.  There are just too many different kinds of wolves, and they all hang out together randomly.  If I were attacked by a pack of wolves, I would expect that they all look roughly the same.  Variation would be in small details like a slight variance in size / proportion, or small differences in the pattern of coloration in their fur.  Not one is black, one is red, and one is brown.  I already don't like this in IC and extending it to even more creatures just makes me think of how odd certain scenes/places are going to look.  Plus I'm not really in love with the textures, at least from the screenshots, and because of that random variation there's essentially nothing that can be done about that (unless some crazy texture artist falls in love with the mod and decides to make it beautiful).  

Totally understandable, both mods are competing for the same territory, and trying to do somewhat different things.  That being said I'm finding I enjoy the balance of it so far quite a bit - animals tend to do very high damage, but are a little more killable with both the Base Game Balanced patch from AT and Wildcat overwriting combat styles.  Early on, encountering two wolves is a dangerous but winnable proposition, whereas before with a more 'pure' animal tweaks I was pretty much screwed.  

I agree that animals do need some tweaking do make them a little more dangerous instead of being just annoyances. The do live and survive in a world full of dangerous fantasy creatures after all. SkyTEST actually debuffs several of Animal Tweaks buffs, which would make it 3 mods trying to balance the same thing and complicate things further.

I think I'll be keeping it for my personal install - I'm doing a solid playthrough with my current setup (Which includes RoTE... AAE was breaking animal behaviors from AT for some reason?  I checked xEdit and all the faction/aggression stuff from AT wasn't overwritten, and I couldn't figure out what was up so I just reverted - and picked up Bring Your Silver on the way), and then I'll be creating another profile for your re-configured setup.  So I say take your time! lol.  I'm hoping against hope that Last Seed drops sometime soon, but I have a sinking feeling that it will still be a bit.  Chesko's plans for that are pretty epic, and I just watched him livestream the making of Scroll Wheel Equip, in which he said he was 'banging his head against a wall' trying to get some Frostfall UI stuff working the way he wants it to.

Strange thing that they would conflict. Darth_Mathias is using AAE with SkyTEST (I believe) so I guess that they work well together.

I just checked Cheskos plans for his survival mods, they look great and I'd love to use them but who knows when they will be released. When they are released they will undoubtedly go straight into the packs.

If you intend to use Bring your silver, make sure to check the leveled lists cause they contain some high level loot, ebony if I remember correctly.

I really love so much of what SkyTEST is about, the big thing that holds me back is the random variation in creatures, such as in this picture.  Immersive creatures already does this with many creatures and I always find it a bit odd.  There are just too many different kinds of wolves, and they all hang out together randomly.  If I were attacked by a pack of wolves, I would expect that they all look roughly the same.  Variation would be in small details like a slight variance in size / proportion, or small differences in the pattern of coloration in their fur.  Not one is black, one is red, and one is brown.  I already don't like this in IC and extending it to even more creatures just makes me think of how odd certain scenes/places are going to look.  Plus I'm not really in love with the textures, at least from the screenshots, and because of that random variation there's essentially nothing that can be done about that (unless some crazy texture artist falls in love with the mod and decides to make it beautiful).  

Never thought about it that way but it makes sense. It's probably not that hard to remove the variants in xEdit. I may take a look at it and will think about SkyTEST some more. It is not in my load order atm and I will finish the patches without it and re-evaluate it after the next update.

Dread If you haven't done already you may want to think about dropping Vigor in favor of just using wildcat as they both cover roughly the same things now. I have not done this yet I am thinking of it.

That sound reasonable. I'm dropping Vigor.

I must say I like the injuries system of Vigor much better - they are semi-permanent and more or less require treatment, whereas in Wildcat they last until the actor is healed to full health; which to me defeats the point of an injuries system.  Plus, I actually really enjoy the no stamina regen while running aspect of vigor, and its overall effect on stamina/movement.  I'm really loving the experience of battles right now with this setup.  Visceral, exciting, really necessary to gameplan and be sharp for just about every encounter, even with a follower at the moment.  With injuries from Vigor and degradation/breakage from Loot and Degradation, occasionally things can go really wrong.  At least early, retreat and regroup (or some on-the-spot problem solving) may be necessary.  I like.

Edited by baronaatista
  • +1 1

I must say I like the injuries system of Vigor much better - they are semi-permanent and more or less require treatment, whereas in Wildcat they last until the actor is healed to full health; which to me defeats the point of an injuries system.  Plus, I actually really enjoy the no stamina regen while running aspect of vigor, and its overall effect on stamina/movement.  I'm really loving the experience of battles right now with this setup.  Visceral, exciting, really necessary to gameplan and be sharp for just about every encounter, even with a follower at the moment.  With injuries from Vigor and degradation/breakage from Loot and Degradation, occasionally things can go really wrong.  At least early, retreat and regroup (or some on-the-spot problem solving) may be necessary.  I like.

I see your points I haven't actually made up my to if or not to drop Vigor yet. I did drop loot and degradation mostly because I was worried about possible scripting issues with my new legacy of the dragonborn build.

Loot and Degradation I think is less critical.  I love it, and it will likely stay in my personal build moving forward, but its impact is relatively small.  I feel like I wouldn't notice too much were I to remove it (except for smiths offering tempering services, which makes non-smithing warrior builds a little more practical) but I would definitely notice the absence of Vigor.

Loot and Degradation I think is less critical.  I love it, and it will likely stay in my personal build moving forward, but its impact is relatively small.  I feel like I wouldn't notice too much were I to remove it (except for smiths offering tempering services, which makes non-smithing warrior builds a little more practical) but I would definitely notice the absence of Vigor.

after some thought i have decided to keep vigor or now and just so you know if you ever deiced to drop loot you replace with honed metal https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51024/?

I can see why you prefer Vigors injury system but I believe I will like Wildcats better since it's less micro managing. But that's just preference I guess. Loot and Degradation is absolutely essential for me. The most important part for me is that weapons and armors degrade. Some updates:

* 16-07-26 Swapped MLU for MUS
* 16-07-26 Loot rules updated, lots of rules are removed

* 16-07-26 Added Wintermyst
* 16-07-26 Removed Combat Evolved and Animal Tweaks. Added Wildcat. Made Vigor an optional mod.

The modular patches are updated. I still need to update the pre-merged pack patches. When AAE is updated I'm going to evaluate it to see if it can replace RotE. I'm also going to take a look at More Interesting Loot for Skyrim the Darth_M added to his pack. I'm going to take another look at SkyTEST and Animal Tweaks.

Edit: I will probably remove Sold out - Merchants do not sell Rare Ingots. It removes all rare ingots but there are still mines in Skyrim and they need to sell their ores and ingots. Makes sense that you can buy them. You can also mine them yourself for free.

Edited by dreadflopp

I can see why you prefer Vigors injury system but I believe I will like Wildcats better since it's less micro managing. But that's just preference I guess. Loot and Degradation is absolutely essential for me. The most important part for me is that weapons and armors degrade. Some updates:

* 16-07-26 Swapped MLU for MUS

* 16-07-26 Loot rules updated, lots of rules are removed

* 16-07-26 Added Wintermyst

* 16-07-26 Removed Combat Evolved and Animal Tweaks. Added Wildcat. Made Vigor an optional mod.

The modular patches are updated. I still need to update the pre-merged pack patches. When AAE is updated I'm going to evaluate it to see if it can replace RotE. I'm also going to take a look at More Interesting Loot for Skyrim the Darth_M added to his pack. I'm going to take another look at SkyTEST and Animal Tweaks.

Edit: I will probably remove Sold out - Merchants do not sell Rare Ingots. It removes all rare ingots but there are still mines in Skyrim and they need to sell their ores and ingots. Makes sense that you can buy them. You can also mine them yourself for free.

I agree about equipment degradation aspect in Loot and degradation. Rare ingots become valuable again. If you have ebony equipment, you need to have ebony ingot handy for repair/upgrade. Without degradation, once you fully upgrade your gears, ingot is not valuable anymore. I broke down unused equipments for rare ingot all the time.

Regarding, Sold out mod - I think rare ingot should be more expensive to buy.

Hey thanks for the tip with Bring Your Silver, I missed the 'VampireWeaponsANY' entry... not long after you said that, a Vampire showed up with an enchanted ebony sword.  Curses.  Edited the list (copied as override into your merged patch, and removed the Ebony and Glass weapons from the list), rebuild bashed and ASIS and I'm good?  Or will bashed patch merge the two lists?  Not really familiar with how leveled lists work.