Dreadflopps Modular patches

Checked out SpINI... I do very much like that everything is organized in the .ini, but other than changing imaxgrasstypespertexure from STEP recommended 7 to 3, even on Ultra settings, and maybe slightly tweaked LOD settings?  It doesn't seem like much is different.  Regardless, OCD me is happy about organized ini's, lol.

And armors are my one problem with these body mods... I don't really want skimpy/sexied up armor (its cold in Skyrim ladies!) and I don't want to have only a portion of armors available... I'm also not sure I understand correctly... like what happens to NPC's?  I assume NPC's receive the same body... is default clothing covered?  Or do you have to DL meshes fit to your particular body mod for everything?  If you're missing meshes, what happens - does the game know that females can only wear certain armors?

Edited by baronaatista

Checked out SpINI... I do very much like that everything is organized in the .ini, but other than changing imaxgrasstypespertexure from STEP recommended 7 to 3, even on Ultra settings, and maybe slightly tweaked LOD settings? It doesn't seem like much is different. Regardless, OCD me is happy about organized ini's, lol.

And armors are my one problem with these body mods... I don't really want skimpy/sexied up armor (its cold in Skyrim ladies!) and I don't want to have only a portion of armors available... I'm also not sure I understand correctly... like what happens to NPC's? I assume NPC's receive the same body... is default clothing covered? Or do you have to DL meshes fit to your particular body mod for everything? If you're missing meshes, what happens - does the game know that females can only wear certain armors?

If an armor isn't modified to the body meshes you use, all that happens is that it'll be in vanilla body size. I'm not sure if there can be any other issues but I don't think so, possibly seams if any. Armors aren't placed on the body like in real life, it replaces it. If you use UNPB without UNPB armors, the breast size of the characters will shrink when you put on armors. With UNP, the differences should be less noticeable.

I'm not an expert on this and I could have misunderstood how some of this works. If someone else knows better and I'm wrong, please chime in.

Edited by dreadflopp

Awesome stuff man.  Far as I'm concerned, this is the THE Skyrim overhaul.  

You'll be interested to know, ELFX - Exteriors.esp has a conflict with DynDOLOD - it replaces many of the vanilla buildings meshes and renames them, but does not assign proper LOD stuff... or whatever, lol.  I of course don't know the particulars but Sheson does and I just troubleshot the thing with him, and he provides a patch for DynDOLOD for this issue here;

https://forum.step-project.com/topic/5011-dynamic-distant-objects-lod-dyndolod-149/page-261?do=findComment&comment=164698

Thanks! I forgot to upload the patches. Very few are updated, some are new and some are renamed. I removed my SRLE Explorers edition support since the pack doesn't seem to move out of beta. I renamed all the patches from SRLE E that I use and put them in the Other patches folder. The remaining patches is in an "old and unsupported folder".

Thanks for pointing me to the ELFX patch, totally missed that one.

The wheel menu mod is great. It's been brought to my attention a couple of times

The author is Kesta who is active here. I didn't start using it until recently and now I can't imagine playing without it. I use f1 as a hotkey to bring it up and get instant access to campfire and immersive horses powers. It works with hunterborn too, if you use that.

Edit: I'll upload the new patches once they are up to date with CACO 1.2. Possibly today, probably tomorrow.

Edited by dreadflopp
  • 1 month later...

Hey Dread, recently downloaded your modular patches from the 16-05-24 update, not sure if anything changed there with the alternate start patches?  When I tried to merge, Merge Plugins tossed up this error;

Checking for errors in SRLE__Alternate start.esp
  [iNFO:000EA261] ('They say Helgen got hit by a dragon. One of those horrors comes here, we'll be ready.' in GRUP Topic Children of [DIAL:0002BDDD])
    INFO \ Conditions \ Condition \ CTDA -  \ Parameter #1 -> [0329847F] < Error: Could not be resolved >

hB1IqL8.jpgKJrjU39.jpg

this is what that entry looks like in xEdit.  I also included the other entry in the same category... When Merge Plugins tossed the error, for whatever reason I decided it was a good idea to experiment and hit 'fix errors' - which it said it did, but being nervous I then hit 'don't save changes'...  I'm getting more and more comfortable with xEdit but I can't tell if this looks right or not... I looked through a lot of the other entries in the patch and everything seemed okay, and I could even make sense of which records were being carried forward and why (for the most part).  Lost here though.

Hey Dread, recently downloaded your modular patches from the 16-05-24 update, not sure if anything changed there with the alternate start patches?  When I tried to merge, Merge Plugins tossed up this error;

Checking for errors in SRLE__Alternate start.esp
  [iNFO:000EA261] ('They say Helgen got hit by a dragon. One of those horrors comes here, we'll be ready.' in GRUP Topic Children of [DIAL:0002BDDD])
    INFO \ Conditions \ Condition \ CTDA -  \ Parameter #1 -> [0329847F] < Error: Could not be resolved >

hB1IqL8.jpgKJrjU39.jpg

this is what that entry looks like in xEdit.  I also included the other entry in the same category... When Merge Plugins tossed the error, for whatever reason I decided it was a good idea to experiment and hit 'fix errors' - which it said it did, but being nervous I then hit 'don't save changes'...  I'm getting more and more comfortable with xEdit but I can't tell if this looks right or not... I looked through a lot of the other entries in the patch and everything seemed okay, and I could even make sense of which records were being carried forward and why (for the most part).  Lost here though.

It is strange that xEdit reports errors cause it doesn't for me and I see nothing wrong in your screenshots. What this patch do in this record is merging the changes that GDO does to the vanilla record with the changes that alternate start does. The conditions doesn't seem to match between AS and my patch because the vanilla condition that is removed in GDO is removed from the AS conditions in my patch. They are therefore not aligned, which xEdit reports as conflicts:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5eve3gxnbtam576/hB1IqL8.jpg?dl=0

Why you get an error is beyond me. I tried replicating it and I downloaded my own patches and still couldn't.

I wonder if... at the time I was using a slightly older version of Alternate Start?  I realized after the error and installed the current version, not sure if that has anything to do with anything.  I was able to build the merge just fine so I suppose everything is hunky-dory then.  Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey man wondering if you've been following the whole Animal Tweaks/SkyTEST thing with SRLE Extended... I've been playing with AT a bit, but I'm really mostly using it for the very lite behavior mechanics - I find with Immersive Creatures and ASIS, running around in the wilderness can often feel like a wolf/bear slaughterfest more than anything else, so I really appreciate having at least some creatures non-aggressive.  However my game is already quite difficult and the difficulty part of that mod is mostly unwanted for me.  I haven't played much with SkyTEST, but I know you were using it and then dropped it for AT... I'm not really sure what to do here, any thoughts?

Also wondering if you plan on incorporating Wildcat?  I'm considering dropping Vigor and Combat Evolved for it personally.

Hey man wondering if you've been following the whole Animal Tweaks/SkyTEST thing with SRLE Extended... I've been playing with AT a bit, but I'm really mostly using it for the very lite behavior mechanics - I find with Immersive Creatures and ASIS, running around in the wilderness can often feel like a wolf/bear slaughterfest more than anything else, so I really appreciate having at least some creatures non-aggressive. However my game is already quite difficult and the difficulty part of that mod is mostly unwanted for me. I haven't played much with SkyTEST, but I know you were using it and then dropped it for AT... I'm not really sure what to do here, any thoughts?

Also wondering if you plan on incorporating Wildcat? I'm considering dropping Vigor and Combat Evolved for it personally.

I have followed it. I used the old SkyTEST and dropped it in favour of Animal Tweaks since Animal tweaks was a simpler mod that made animal encounters more dangerous. Using it with SkyTEST was possible but, even with the patches, much that Animal Tweaks did was overwritten by SkyTEST and the difficulty of the encounters was lowered. Animal Tweaks also worked great with Combat Evolved since they were made by the same author and they shared many records. My patches for the two mods are actually identical.

I am not playing Skyrim atm so I'm not able to test Wildcat. I planning to build a new Nvidia 1080/Skylake pc in a few months, possibly october. I'm playing other games (fallout 4, Witcher 2) for now. When my new pc ( https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xxCCyf ) is bought and assembled we will probably know what'll happen with STEP and the special edition of Skyrim. That said, I'll keep the packs updated and I will add Wildcat and remove Vigor based on descriptions and reviews. With this change I'll also remove Combat Evolved and with that gone I'm leaning towards removing Animal Tweaks too. I did like SkyTESTfor the most part. I didn't like that animals fear fire, it seems silly to me that they do that in the world of Skyrim where each and every commoner and tree creature/whisp/monster casts/breathes fire spells. You would think that the animals in Skyrim would be a little more tough than animals in our world. I'm not sure animals in our world would be scared of a torch either for that matter. I also was a little annoyed by the fact that animals that you fight runs away when they have the odds against them and they are injured. It is realistic but the game mechanics still thinks you're in a fight and you are therefore not permitted to wait/sleep and other things that aren't allowed when you are in a fight. I might still add, especially it if someone convinces me.

Finally, I'm not using the extra spawns option from ASIS. With that I can understand that it is a little too much with Animal Tweaks.

• +1 1

Yeah animals running away is annoying, especially with the survival mods and hunterborn... can't skin animals, can't use campfires 'create item', etc.  Plus I play with IHUD so I usually don't have my compass up, and I just hate the whole concept of using the compass to have the magical power to know where any creature you are 'in combat' with is.  I also remember not really enjoying the young versions of animals that SkyTEST includes.  

I suppose I'll keep AT for now and wait to see how things shake out.

New PC is exciting!  And glad to hear that you intend to maintain the guide as things shift into the Enhanced version of Skyrim, though I'm wondering how long it will take to convert all the important mods, Gopher seemed to indicate that SKSE will need a major update, which may require rebuilding or at least major re-structuring of SKSE based mods.

Hey Dreadflopp,

Since you are around, I'm wondering what you recommend for Breezehome by Lupus. Use its own lighting, or use ELFX records, etc.

When I last checked, the patch in the modular patches download was for Breezehome Fully Upgradable, which I think you dropped.