Dreadflopps Modular patches

One of the mysteries of the universe I suppose. But still, it is my own doing. Should really be more careful with which "conflicts" I report.

You make a good point. There is the possibility they simple haven't gotten around to patching this yet. I forwarded it to my own custom patch just to be sure.

I found another small thing in the CACO patches. The CACO hunterborn patch adds some items to the leveled lists:

CACO_IngrRestoreHealth4th [LVLI:01CCA054]

CACO_IngrRestoreMagicka1st [LVLI:01CCA055]

CACO_IngrDamageHealth1st [LVLI:01CCA063]

CACO_IngrDamageStamina2nd [LVLI:01CCA072]

These are overwritten by the CACO Wyrmstooth patch. This is fine, because the bashed patch merged this. Except, when you merge them into one single patch as per your guide.

The solution would be either to exclude CACO_wyrmstooth from the merge, fix it in on of your patches, or make a small patch and merge it with the others into "CACO Patches merged".

I'm also using Clothingcraft by the way, which also edits some of these lists. Same issue, same solutions.

Edit: a small question. Do editor ID conflicts ever need patching? Because the EDID from the benefactor perk get overwritten and restored a few times by ordinator, CACO, CACO ordinator and their MLU patches.

Good find, I'll make a CACO lvl list patch.

To my understanding the Editor ID is only used by the creation kit and shown when you edit the record. It shouldn't need patching. If I remember correctly there have been a discussion on these forums whether scripts could use Editor ID and it therefeore should be patched. I don't patch Editor ID and I don't think EssArrBee or Neovalen does either.

If XCWT - Water records from RW2 gets overwritten and the LOOT rule is in place, try to figure out why plugins are moved after RW2 in the load order by LOOT.

AOS.esp is loaded after RWT. Combat Evolved Merged goes after AOS. Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim goes after Combat evolved. CACO goes after Ordinator. These are all because of LOOT rule from your Dovahkin reborn and Gameplay rebalance packs. I'm not sure how CACO could then end up before RWT.

Good find, I'll make a CACO lvl list patch.

To my understanding the Editor ID is only used by the creation kit and shown when you edit the record. It shouldn't need patching. If I remember correctly there have been a discussion on these forums whether scripts could use Editor ID and it therefeore should be patched. I don't patch Editor ID and I don't think EssArrBee or Neovalen does either.

The reason I'm asking is because ordinator and CACO ordinator both use this:

ORD_AlcDEP_Benefactor_Perk_30_WasBenefactor_OrdASISExclude

That last bit made me suspect it matters for ASIS.

edit: I checked ASIS.esp, and benefactor is not excluded when using automatic perks. Don't not if it should be with the ordinator version.

edit2: Did some testing and this appears to be the case. Also found this on the ASIS Page:

• The exclusions files are intended to be used for other mods. It excludes based upon PHRASES in an editor id (ie, putting down dragon on a new line will exclude every NPC with dragon in the editor ID).

Now I don't know why Enaisiaion doesn't want certain perks excluded from ASIS, but I'm sure he or she has hirs reasons. I haven't studied the perks too much in detail, because I wan't to discover them in game. I suspect it would be best to forward the EDID's from CACO-Ordinatored. I don't suspect the ordinator perks overwritten by CACO (and not patched by CACO ordinatored) need this treatment. Also, only needed for those who use ASIS automatic perks.

Which reminds me. Do you use the automatic perks and spells function from ASIS? I know it's not in the guide, but I wonder why. Is it perhaps a matter of balance (too hard)?

Edited by FlyingFox

AOS.esp is loaded after RWT. Combat Evolved Merged goes after AOS. Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim goes after Combat evolved. CACO goes after Ordinator. These are all because of LOOT rule from your Dovahkin reborn and Gameplay rebalance packs. I'm not sure how CACO could then end up before RWT.

The reason I'm asking is because ordinator and CACO ordinator both use this:

ORD_AlcDEP_Benefactor_Perk_30_WasBenefactor_OrdASISExclude

That last bit made me suspect it matters for ASIS.

edit: I checked ASIS.esp, and benefactor is not excluded when using automatic perks. Don't not if it should be with the ordinator version.

edit2: Did some testing and this appears to be the case. Also found this on the ASIS Page:

Now I don't know why Enaisiaion doesn't want certain perks excluded from ASIS, but I'm sure he or she has hirs reasons. I haven't studied the perks too much in detail, because I wan't to discover them in game. I suspect it would be best to forward the EDID's from CACO-Ordinatored. I don't suspect the ordinator perks overwritten by CACO (and not patched by CACO ordinatored) need this treatment. Also, only needed for those who use ASIS automatic perks.

Which reminds me. Do you use the automatic perks and spells function from ASIS? I know it's not in the guide, but I wonder why. Is it perhaps a matter of balance (too hard)?

Remove the LOOT rule for Ordinator - Combat Evolved. It shouldn't be there and I must have meant something else when I added that rule. I double checked my LOOT rules so nothing is missed. This should fix the RW2 conflicts.

I haven't tried the automatic perks and spells function in a long time since the automatic perks used to mess up the game when custom perks were added to NPC's. I do not know if it is still the case but Ordinator is added in modinclusions in ASIS improved INI files so it might work. I'm not risking anything though.

I'll forward the Editor ID's for perk/spell mods to make sure it works as intended for those using automatic perks/spells.

Remove the LOOT rule for Ordinator - Combat Evolved. It shouldn't be there and I must have meant something else when I added that rule. I double checked my LOOT rules so nothing is missed. This should fix the RW2 conflicts.

This does seem to clear everything up, thanks.

I haven't tried the automatic perks and spells function in a long time since the automatic perks used to mess up the game when custom perks were added to NPC's. I do not know if it is still the case but Ordinator is added in modinclusions in ASIS improved INI files so it might work. I'm not risking anything though.

I'll forward the Editor ID's for perk/spell mods to make sure it works as intended for those using automatic perks/spells.

Do you still remember what kinds of thing got messed up. I want to try it so I can look out for them (and report back).

This does seem to clear everything up, thanks.

Do you still remember what kinds of thing got messed up. I want to try it so I can look out for them (and report back).

Not really. I had two persons helping with actual game play testing back then when I started with these packs. It was them that reported bugs with SkyRe that led us to removing automatic perks altogether.

Hey dreadflopp.  If we use Hunterborn with CACO, with CACO's patch and yours, do we select to use optional meats, skins or items in the Hunterborn MCM?  I had them selected and was getting 2 pelts so I'm assuming "No" on the skins but I want to make sure I'm getting the other meats and items for Hunterborn and CACO.  I'm beginning to lose track of what item comes from what mod so that makes it more difficult to figure out.  Krypto doesn't say to select it in her patch description so I'm leaning towards leaving it unselected, at default, but I'm not really sure.

Hey dreadflopp.  If we use Hunterborn with CACO, with CACO's patch and yours, do we select to use optional meats, skins or items in the Hunterborn MCM?  I had them selected and was getting 2 pelts so I'm assuming "No" on the skins but I want to make sure I'm getting the other meats and items for Hunterborn and CACO.  I'm beginning to lose track of what item comes from what mod so that makes it more difficult to figure out.  Krypto doesn't say to select it in her patch description so I'm leaning towards leaving it unselected, at default, but I'm not really sure.

I have no active game that I can try atm, I'm starting one soon. My patches for Hunterborn shouldn't touch anything that can give you more pelts, they just forwards campfire keywords (none for pelts) and makes sure that all level lists are in place. I'm not to familiar with Hunterborns MCM, but if you get pelts that should be removed by the MCM a keywords is probably missing from some pelts. Either some keywords aren't forwarded properly or some keywords are missing from pelts that are in vanilla Skyrim or added by a mod.

Here;s what I use in Hunterborn's MCM:

-Tweaks (all to Prompt, Knives at merchants:common, disable prevent use in combat, require hunting knife)

-Monster hunter enabled and Corporeal dragons

-Compatibility (enable all except last two)