Dreadflopps Modular patches

Not quite sure I understand why 3DNPC would be demanding enough to provide a significant FPS boost? If so though, I may drop it also.... Going to drop NPC KO first, keep Immersive Patrols, do some testing and maybe drop IP as well.

... And as for Endgame NPC's, I think I will attempt my own version, and if so I will certainly keep it to ONLY changing NPC level, possibly some equipment changes, and maybe buffs for certain NPCs. The plan would be to be selective in which NPCS it touches and how, only making those that SHOULD be powerful more powerful.

I looked at editing NPC info in CK the other day and it seems pretty straightforward, it just makes me nervous as the whole thing is unfamiliar to me.

Again man, thanks for taking the time to respond.

In the SRLE Extended thread several (or more than one, possibly only one..) persons have stated that 3DNPC is script heavy or causes a fps drop. It does for me to but if your pc can handle it you should keep it. Same for Immersive Patrols I guess. I haven't done any real testing confirming this it is just a justified suspicion with strong indicators pointing to 3DNPC.

I haven't used the CK myself but looking forward to your mod. I'm guessing the hard part will be to keep it balanced. If you succeed I'm guessing that it has a strong possibility of being popular.

Hey just a quick question... there is a WAF CCF patch for RotE in RotE patches, doesn't come in installer - you recommend using only the CCF patch?

*EDIT - the patch was recent, which is the only reason I'm asking.

also, while I'm asking questions - not sure which of your modular patches I should use, for SRLE, STEP: Extended, some combination?  I've created almost the exact same setup you described earlier, except of course for a modular install of your packs.  Seems like the obvious answer is for STEP: Extended as that's the patch I"m using, but things have definitely gotten blurry in that regard... like if anything were patched against SFO, I'd want to use SRLE?

*EDIT - man I need to read more before I ask questions.  apologies.  saw the notes in the modular patches folder which say to use the SRLE patches.

* - also assuming I should use the SRLE LOOT instructions for any mods I use.

- final question; in terms of installing modular patches, do I use EVERY patch with mods that I use, including subsequent patches for that mod with other mods - eg;

SRLE_CACO.esp

SRLE_CACO_SIC_MLU.esp  or;

SRLE_E_Helgen Reborn.esp +

SRLE_E_Helgen Reborn_ELE.esp

Edited by baronaatista

so you can pretty much ignore that last post unless there's anything glaringly wrong about it, pretty sure I figured it all out, have everything set up and am starting to do some testing.

I've followed your instructions for cutting EBT out of the STEP Extended patch, and looked at DSI to do the same... I mean basically I'm removing all entries of DSI in the STEP Extended patch yeah?  The only thing that bugs me is that I noticed you mentioned using Brawl Bugs after performing the EBT removal - I'd assume that's because by removing EBT, we also got rid of the Brawl Bugs built into STEP, requiring us to now use the mod.  Most of the DSI entries seem to also include entries from AOS?  so I don't want to screw AOS up by taking them out.  My guess is though, they were just patching DSI and AOS together, and shouldn't affect anything?  man this stuff makes me nervous, i hate not knowing things! lol.

Hey just a quick question... there is a WAF CCF patch for RotE in RotE patches, doesn't come in installer - you recommend using only the CCF patch?

I need to get back to you on that, I haven't seen it.

* - also assuming I should use the SRLE LOOT instructions for any mods I use.

Use the SRLE LOOT rules unless I have a rule that is contradicting the SRLE one

- final question; in terms of installing modular patches, do I use EVERY patch with mods that I use, including subsequent patches for that mod with other mods - eg;

SRLE_CACO.esp

SRLE_CACO_SIC_MLU.esp  or;

SRLE_E_Helgen Reborn.esp +

SRLE_E_Helgen Reborn_ELE.esp

Use both patches

I've followed your instructions for cutting EBT out of the STEP Extended patch, and looked at DSI to do the same... I mean basically I'm removing all entries of DSI in the STEP Extended patch yeah?  The only thing that bugs me is that I noticed you mentioned using Brawl Bugs after performing the EBT removal - I'd assume that's because by removing EBT, we also got rid of the Brawl Bugs built into STEP, requiring us to now use the mod.  Most of the DSI entries seem to also include entries from AOS?  so I don't want to screw AOS up by taking them out.  My guess is though, they were just patching DSI and AOS together, and shouldn't affect anything?  man this stuff makes me nervous, i hate not knowing things! lol.

When you remove EBT from STEP you need to use the brawls bugs patch because it was included in EBT, as you assumed. You are doing it right when you are removing the DSI entries from the STEP patch, they are just merging AOS and DSI, again as you assumed.

Sorry for the late answer, I wanted to double check before I answered.

been doing some playing and testing; in general gameplay I'm running ultra-smooth (and while I have a pretty nasty system, Skyrim engine and Win10 limitations really only allow me to use a fraction of what I have available).  

- as a sidenote here, I had avoided major perk overhauls in the past because they seemed at a distance to be a little heavy and often unnecessarily complicated.  However after playing a bit with Ordinator doing some difficulty testing, I have to say man, what a great mod.  Just with some of the stuff in Block and One Handed; slow-time on timed blocks, and extra weapon swings / crits with good positioning... combat feels fresh, dynamic, and rewarding.  Really happy to include this one.

However spawning 3 dragons in Solitude - framerate is solid mostly (I vSync at 35 fps, monitor is only 60hz) but I do experience some pretty serious, regular stutter.  This is the case even with only 1 dragon.  I'm also getting an animation bug where the dragons don't always animate properly - they move around and fly, but all in a static pose.

- I dropped Burn Freeze and Shock effects, use only textures from EBT and DSI, and after still experiencing stutter (though less after dropping BFS) have dropped Birds and Flocks, to see if that does anything.

- I'm using the no battles version of Immersive Patrols atm, though it's on the list to remove depending on how things go, as well as 3DNPC.  After that, I can't think of much else I'd let go of easily.  Possibly Hunterborn, though I don't think any of it's scripts run regularly and thereby it shouldn't really be having an effect?  Maybe Wet & Cold.  I know that one get's brought up a lot as being script-heavy and you can tell just by looking at the MCM options - lots of different effects on player & NPC's, all depending on a variety of situations that the script has to detect and then react to.

This is an interesting part of the process... I really want all of these mods, they all add their own little thing to the game that really enriches the world and the overall experience.  Yet stability of the game, specifically the ability to have big, cool moments like when a couple Dragons attack a major city or any of the larger battles that occur, is unfortunately more important.  I wonder how much smoother I will be able to make it, and if that will be worth the price of all these cool mods.  

I mean, my current setup is only a little bit heavier then SRLE, if at all, and almost certainly lighter than SRLE Extended... Is it possible to run SRLE Extended w/o stuttering during that Solitude Dragon test, or at least, minimal?  Have we really got a decent amount of people doing actual testing with these packs?  I'm going to do as much as I can to learn conflict resolution, and go over my setup before I take out something like Wet & Cold - it may be that I haven't crossed all my t's and dotted all the i's... I'm seriously suspecting though that the simple answer is that Skyrim just cannot handle too many scripts at the same time, and any heavy setup is bound for some serious stutter, at least in large events in cities.

Anyway I'm about to go test again without Birds and Flocks (also starting a new game after removing BFS - testing I did before w/o it was on the same save, maybe some script pollution going on).  I'll check back here to share my results.  I am wondering if the fact that I'm console spawning Dragons w/o starting the MQ is causing issues....

My concerns were unfounded.  Not sure if it was BFS or Birds and Flocks (my guess, BFS) but my game is solid as a rock now.  Spawned 20 bandits, then 5 dragons immediately after in Solitude, not a frame dropped, no stutter whatsoever (well, brief stutter immediately after the 5 dragons but only then).  Ran around Solitude in god mode watching dragons and bandits run amok (it was tons of fun actually) until pretty much all the citizens not locked up indoors were dead, then ran outside, down to the mill, and spawned 3 more dragons.  Solid.  Then, I tcl'd and flew to and through the marsh, dragons chasing me, watching 5 dragons continue to tear up Solitude from afar, and the marsh comes alive with creatures fighting dragons.  Perfection.  I honestly don't think the vanilla game was ever this stable.  I'm going to re-install Birds and Flocks and see what happens - if it checks out, then it is undoubtedly BFS alone causing large frame drops and heavy stutter in likely any heavily scripted event.  If that's true, I really think STEP should consider removing it from Extended, or at least wording the warning they have listed a little more strongly.

* I'm also going to reinstall NPC KO after checking Birds and Flocks, and again I'll be back here to share the results.  

Edited by baronaatista

Glad that your game is stable. I downloaded a new enblocal.ini since I realized mine was outdated, checked my vram setting and used Skyrim Project INI (spINI) by DoubleYou to recreate my ini files and my game is more stable than ever. I also removed UNPB and added UNP instead and use True daughters of Skyrim as a texture replacer for females. I am very pleased with the result.

BFS are known to cause issues. The STEP guide says so and advices you to use the memory patch, which everybody probably does. I play without the plugin myself, which I do with EBT too. Birds and flocks is getting removed from STEP and I have played without it for long. It can cause issues with certain other mods, SkyTest for example.

I suppose I'm just shocked (ha!) at how much of an effect that one plugin has.... I mean it is in STEP and SRLE.  I didn't include it in my last setup (though I was using RealShelter, and the battles version of IP), but as I was going through SRLE, I saw Neo used it also and thought well it can't be that bad... I was legitimately getting 20-30 fps drops every couple seconds during that test, as a result of BFS alone.

Birds and Flocks... I just find the extra birds a cool atmospheric addition to the world. Don't use SkyTest (though I would if I hadn't heard that it can be a tough one for compatibility) so hopefully there won't be issues?  I could totally drop it, but little unaggressive critters is an element of the game world I feel is really missing.

I'm interested in SpINI, had heard of it before, but haven't really done any changes outside of the recommended STEP / SRLE ones, not sure what it can do for me? In my last install I did a bunch of the z-fighting changes from the STEP-linked guide cause I was getting it pretty bad, but they didn't seem to make any difference. For whatever reason, the issue seems lessened this time around.

* just checked out True Daughters of Skyrim and have to say it looks pretty great.  Those textures really make the women look strong and hearty - true to the name.  Mature Skin is great, but the women do look a bit more like modern housewives or something.  UNP also looks much better than UNPB... I may use it.

Edited by baronaatista

Give spINI a shot - it really did wonders for me in terms of fps and overall "smoothness". And for the record, i am not affiliated with the author in any way and couldn't care less about promoting mods, but i really do appreciate the time i've saved using this mod and not having to investigating stupid ini settings on my own :)

P.S. same thing - z fighting guide on step didnt make much difference for me either, probably depends on number of variables and doesn't apply to everyone

Edited by sm0kem

Glad that your game is stable. I downloaded a new enblocal.ini since I realized mine was outdated, checked my vram setting and used Skyrim Project INI (spINI) by DoubleYou to recreate my ini files and my game is more stable than ever. I also removed UNPB and added UNP instead and use True daughters of Skyrim as a texture replacer for females. I am very pleased with the result.

BFS are known to cause issues. The STEP guide says so and advices you to use the memory patch, which everybody probably does. I play without the plugin myself, which I do with EBT too. Birds and flocks is getting removed from STEP and I have played without it for long. It can cause issues with certain other mods, SkyTest for example.

Out of curiosity, what armor replacers did you choose for UNP?  I'm thinking of switching also but haven't gotten around to finding replacements for SRLE's UNPB armors.

Birds and Flocks... I just find the extra birds a cool atmospheric addition to the world. Don't use SkyTest (though I would if I hadn't heard that it can be a tough one for compatibility) so hopefully there won't be issues?  I could totally drop it, but little unaggressive critters is an element of the game world I feel is really missing.

* just checked out True Daughters of Skyrim and have to say it looks pretty great.  Those textures really make the women look strong and hearty - true to the name.  Mature Skin is great, but the women do look a bit more like modern housewives or something.  UNP also looks much better than UNPB... I may use it.

I guess you can keep birds and flocks. I barely noticed that it was gone, I had deactivated it when i ran the Dyndolod worlds generator and forgot to activate it again.

I'm happy with the combo of True daughters of Skyrim/UNP but I haven't checked for neck seams yet, as some people apparently have reported that there are seam issues with it https://forum.step-project.com/topic/7223-true-daughters-of-skyrim-by-betterbecause-nsfw/?p=115721

I'm interested in SpINI, had heard of it before, but haven't really done any changes outside of the recommended STEP / SRLE ones, not sure what it can do for me? In my last install I did a bunch of the z-fighting changes from the STEP-linked guide cause I was getting it pretty bad, but they didn't seem to make any difference. For whatever reason, the issue seems lessened this time around.

Give spINI a shot - it really did wonders for me in terms of fps and overall "smoothness". And for the record, i am not affiliated with the author in any way and couldn't care less about promoting mods, but i really do appreciate the time i've saved using this mod and not having to investigating stupid ini settings on my own :)

P.S. same thing - z fighting guide on step didn't make much difference for me either, probably depends on number of variables and doesn't apply to everyone

I feel like spINI helped me a lot with fps but it might be placebo as I didn't actually check. Whether it helped or not, what it does more than that is worth using anyways. spINI removes everything from the ini's that isn't used by the game and sorts all entries alphabetically. I highly recommend it. Remember to add your mo profile and press press default to reset the ini's before choosing any setting.

Out of curiosity, what armor replacers did you choose for UNP?  I'm thinking of switching also but haven't gotten around to finding replacements for SRLE's UNPB armors.

Most of the UNPB armors have a UNP version too:

• Lore Friendly and SemiSkimpy Armors - UNPB-BBP

I use the ebony and the glass armors from this mod

• UNP Dawnguard armors
  • UNP Dragonborn armors
  • UNP female armors

The troublemakers armors doesn't have any UNP equivalents to my knowledge. I haven't tried any of these armors in game but I think it will be fine.