Dreadflopps Modular patches

Dread, why you've dropped the Vilja patches?

You can still use the patch. I dropped it because I don't use Vilja myself (didn't like the accent, a little silly but it may be cause I'm Swedish and she has a Swedish accent). Vilja have many conflicts compared to other follower mods. That weighed in on my decision. The conflicts were in Cell or Worldspace (if you know your way around xEdit) and those conflicts are quite tedious to resolve since there are many mods that touch those records like RW2, ELE, ICAIO, quest mods etc. The conflicts in Vilja aren't hard to solve I just didn't want to keep a conflicting mod that I don't use myself and provide conflict resolution for it.

* 16-03-18 Lots of patches updated

Updated a lot of patches. Double checked lots of patches. Double checked with SRLE + SRLE Extended that has lots of mods in common with my packs to see how they solved some conflicts. Added some fixes by Neovalen from his conflict resolution page. Removed some patches that weren't needed anymore. Made sure patches were up to date with ELFX 3.0+. Added a txt file among the patches that explains how to make Relighting Skyrim or ELFX compatible with mods that modifies cells/worldspace, like Realistic Room Rental, Breezehome mods, Nightingale Hall mods, College of Winterhold mods.

Thats it. :)

• +1 2

Dread: "Thats it. :)" it's obviously a lot of hard and sometimes tedious work.

Thank you for keeping your guides up to date

Thanks. Yes it's tedious indeed. This update took me maybe 12 hours to complete but I went through all conflicting records with the use of mod groups, that made the job a lot easier and allowed me to be this thorough.

The pre-merged pack patches will be updated, but maybe not today.

• +1 2

@Dreadflopp

Are you following SRLE Extended? It is very interesting/actively developing pack, but not following Morrowloot concept.

Can we use your patch to make it Morrowlootified (if this is make any sense)?

Thanks for your excellent packs!

Edited by darkside

@Dreadflopp

Are you following SRLE Extended? It is very interesting/actively developing pack, but not following Morrowloot concept.

I'm following it as well as SRLE and it is an excellent pack. I use some mods from it that aren't in my packs.

All of my packs except the Morrowloot mod are pretty much redundant if you use SRLE Extended. I don't think you can use my Morrowloot patches and expect all conflicts to be solved but they are a good start if you are ready to do a little work yourself in xEdit

Edited by dreadflopp

@Dreadflopp

The main reasons for SRLE Extended not currently being fully compatiable wityh Morrowloot is cos I have never used Morrowloot and this pack is basically my current load order that has grown into a pack due to popular demand. If there was enough interest I would consider taking a look ar morrowloot for inclusion with SRLE Extended.

I was going to message you privately about my testing of your packs but I figured I will post it here so others can benefit as well, in case others have encountered the same issues.  (For reference:  I am using Step extended, dovahkin reborn, deleveled loot, skyrim gameplay rebalanced pack and textures/UI elements from Skyrim Revisited, Falskaar/Wrymtooth at the moment.)  btw, I have returned to Skyrim after a 1.5 year sabbatical, so I have a lot to catch up on, but I am almost up to speed now.

Finally gotten down and playing again, got to level 8 (with your level uncapper ini, so its slow going.)  

I have some observations about stability and CTDs,  

1) I have decided to go without footprint, wet and cold (and enchanced blood mod, just keeping the textures) and dual shealth redux, that has taken a HUGE load off papyrus and made my game so much more stable.  (I love all these mods A LOT)  Scripts like those from frostfall are firing instantaneously now (I guess can use dual shealth redux (or one of these mods) if I want to, but its no big deal not having it, I don't notice it much as I am in first person most of the time.)  I may add these back in if I really have nailed the stability of the game eventually.

2) Also by uninstalling immersive patrols I have gotten rid of the random CTD (actually its not that random!  It may seem random as it sometimes occurs way off in the distance out of your line of sight) which I have pinned down to when there are large spawns of Stormcloaks and Imperials fighting.  Very consistent CTD there, I think there are lots of scripts going on here with the fighting and them looting bodies (loot and degradation) and all the increase graphics load with all the textures/meshes.  Just kills this engine with ALL the other mods running.  I was able to play 6 hours with just one CTD.  Not bad.  I can slowly add more mods now that I know what is causing issues.  I don't think these battles between Stormcloaks and Imperials randomly on the road without much context adds all that much to the game anyway.  I suspect that this MAYBE fixed if you edit your ini so these events only occur closer to you, but I don't think its worth the effort trying to fix it. 

3) Decided against hunterborn, its implementation isn't consistent with immersive creatures as some "animals" aren't marked as animals.  It also slows the game to a slow-grind, especially the smithing tree, which grows too slowly compared to the other skills.  I guess I could adjust this easy enough.  Having said all that:  I have noticed that because of ASIS, I have a million wolf skins as a result and having hunterborn means the cost of havesting skins is substantial enough that you have to spend a few in game days to harvest skins... and with frostfall/ineed you will go through your supplies (food/wood) a lot quicker.  

Even with all the scarcity mods, food is super easy to come by, I have like 51 troll jerky (which seems to spoil very slowly, which makes sense), even with followers needing food, I have plenty.  So hunterborn wouldn't be a bad idea....  I think I have just talked myself into installing it.....  sheesh....  (definitely optional in any case.)

4) I wished 3DNPC didn't have all those NPCs that just stand around and talk and talk and talk.  I really like the few NPCs that actually have interesting quests to give you.  Not to mention the conflicts it has with many other mods like cutting room floor, makes it difficult to integrate.  So overall a NET LOSS, so won't bother with it.  Didn't bother with inconsequential NPC either, they were just all a little too inconsequential with not enough substance, I like the ambiance they gave to the game though. (on the up side, it doesn't have conflicts like 3DNPC).   

5) That immersive AI overhaul is amazing, wouldn't play the game without it.  I like it now that I have to FIND Proventus in his schedule to hand-in a quest, like he is actually alive and not just waiting for me all the time.  I have installed amorous adventures as well and it seems to play well with all the other mods including this one.  

6) What else...  What do you think of enchantment awaken, I haven't added it yet as I wanted to keep the load order simpler while I am troubleshooting.  Is there any installation issues I should be aware of if you recommend it (or should I just stick with Ordinator's changes).  

7) I have to say Weapons and Attributes is FREAKING amazing.  Really makes all the gear different is so many new ways.  Loot and degradation is awesome as well, makes the smithing perk so much more interesting and not one-dimensional.  The bathing mod is surprisingly good as well, makes roleplaying just that little bit better.  ...  I saw a pissing mod out there as well, but it integrates only with realistic needs and diseases (and not ineeds), but its a funny idea, the dragonborn having a piss.

8) I only have Falskaar and Wyrmtooth installed so far with immersive mage college overhaul and that high Rothga (spelling) overhaul.  What of the other quest mods do you recommend as a must have?  (even with merging, I am running low on slots, so can't install them all.)  

9) I was wondering also if D.F.B. (name?), that mod that adds more spawn points to Skyrim still work and is stable in your experience. 

10) Skyrim is pretty Uber now!  But with all the mods now available and the rather lack of testing of actual mod combos for playability and stability, its still a pretty huge CTD mine field.

11) I also found an odd bug that took hours to pinned down.  Whenever I was hit by a trap (any trap), I would CTD, it turns out to be eatdrinksleep animation mod that is causing it (obviously its an interaction with some other mod, which mod, I have no idea. Maybe another animation mod or mesh or sound mod)  That took forever to find and fix.  Very odd.  I also got that CTD at save bug once, but that was easy to get around, by load a old save that is bug free, killing the player with the console command then loading the bugged save and saving again.  Lesson there is:  don't quicksave ever!!!  I use the hotkey save mod instead now.  

12) One other issue (not game breaking) is I am getting flicking lights at the Inn in winterhold, must have missed an edit somewhere, but can't remember where, any ideas?  like RRR and something else Relighting Skyrim, ELFX or something.  Its also occuring in the winterhold's Jarl's building as well, which doesn't have anything to do with RRR (realistic room rentals).  Slightly odd.

13) I can't seem to get DynLOD to run, keeps saying its missing certain normal textures.  But it runs fine when its just vanilla without mods.  Not sure why it can't find those normal textures, they should be in the BASE skyrim bsa, maybe I should unpack the BSAs and try again.  No biggie, I don't really mind the old STEP LOD settings.  But any comments here would be useful.

(edit: I have decided to number the paragraphs, so people can comment on my comments easier.)

Edited by Garfink
  • +1 1

There is a new Ordinator uncapper on the nexus that is based on the Better leveling uncapper we used to use, I'm testing it right now. It levels faster than mine.

1. You could try droping Better freeze shock effects too and just use the textures.

2) Interesting, I'll probably drop it then. I'll have to test in my game first.

3. I'm playing with Hunterborn atm (just at level 3 and have killed just 1 animal so...). Set a custom setting on how much ingredients you get to 5% (recommended by Krypto. I have turned off the harvesting takes time function. I'm aware of the SIC inconsistency. It can be fixed manually with a spell/ability from the MCM in Hunterborn but it really should be fixed with a patch.

4. 3DNPC and Inconsequential NPCs killed my framerate and I'm playing without them atm.

5. Totally agree.

6. I haven't played with enchantment awaken in a long time and i rarely use the skill. I say stick with ordinator because of consistency.

7. Haha I read about the pissing mod. A little to much maybe. I agree about WAA, the bonuses may be a little to much at times but I really liked it. Try playing a assasin/thief without armor (only clothes) for the speed bonus. Really fun.

8. I use Beyond reach but I haven't actually played it. I also use Helgen Reborn, Moon & Star, The Forgotten City, Molag Bals Inferno and The Gray Cowl of Nocturnal. I haven't played those either. I haven't even gotten to Dragonborn yet...

9. I have no idea

10. My game is pretty stable, make sure to check your memory blocks log

11. Strange, I've never encountered that. Regarding saves, SkyTweak lets you set a hot key for saves too and that is what I use

12. Flickering lights are caused by too many light sources/meshes/somethinglikethat at once. ELFX/Relighting Skyrim adds/moves and or disables light sources. I'm guessing the flickering is caused by a conflict where a light that should be disabled is enabled because of a conflict in the plugins.

13. I follow the STEP instructions and everything works fine. Use the patches from the DyndoLod download if you use those mods. I have to disable my dynamic patches (dual sheath redux etc) for dyndolod to create lods without getting stuck.

I am happy with yours actually, will keep using it for now.  It's not THAT slow, I have downloaded the Timing is everything's author presets which really slows the pace of the in-game quests nicely.  recommended.

1) All the STEP extended patches have BSE as a requirement, what to do there to edit that out or do I just switch over and use the STEP core patch instead (not sure if the core patch has BSE as a requirement off the top of my head.)?  That was the other scripted mod that I certainly can live without, if I had to choose one it would be to keep wet and cold.

2) definitely.

3) Just will be testing that value myself soon.

4) Really?  goes to show how extra NPCs walking around slows the game down (i.e. immersive patrols.)

6) I tend to agree there.  (next play through maybe.)

7) I just found a briar heart... I want to try out some forsworn weapons (which no one bothers with usually but with WAA it could be interesting!)

8) I also have The Gray Cowl of Nocturnal too.  Will add those others as well once I am really happy with my game's stability.  Ha ha, I have not finished the main quest yet!  The only DLC I did finish was the Dawnguard one!  I plan to finish it this time with this character.  A Heavy Armored Spellsword, one handed weapon and spells in the other hand, Alteration, Restoration & Destruction.  Also Smithing and maybe Conjuration/Enchantment secondarily.  There is a lot of synergy in Ordinator for this type of gameplay.  Should be fun!

10) memory block log?  Where is that?  How do you turn that on?

11) Skytweaks, I will make note of that one, the Hotkey Saves (which uses SKSE) worked as well but doesn't do as much as Skytweaks.  I have forgotten Skytweaks!  Brings back memories, great mod for game balancing!

12) How should look where in TESVedit for that conflict?  

13) yea, odd, I have all the correct billboads in place, but I will try again once I have all the quest modes finally in place.