Dreadflopps Modular patches

High Level Enemies - SIC Edition

Description: Lets enemies continue to level up to provide challenge to players at higher levels. This function is already included for some enemies with OBIS and Skyrim Immersive Creatures. HLE extendeds this feature to even more creatures, even some that might be a little absurd (like mudcrabs and skeevers.

Author: Dalquist

Optionals: Install High level enemies Falskaar if you use Faslkaar. 

Special instructions: If you use Morrowloot Ultimate, download my replacement plugin and let it overwrite the original mod

wondering what you mean with the "special instructions" line; essentially, merge your HLE MLU with HLE SIC? or just remove HLE SIC and use your mod instead?

decided to use Immersive Creatures, and am getting rid of as many mods not in your packs as I can, as well as incorporating a couple more from them.  still don't want to use everything though - as long as I'm not using much more, specifically conflicting mods, I should be okay yes?  Essentially - don't want to let go of; Better Bookshelves, Realistic Humanoid Movement Speed, Predator Vision and Dawngaurd Arsenal - none of which seem like they should cause major conflicts?

Edited by baronaatista

Appreciate the help, and yeah I realize that because I'm not using your packs exactly that giving too much specific advice is difficult.  

A couple quick questions;

- The big one really was do I seem to be missing patches or installing unnecessary ones from your modular patches/CACO patches (CACO is really the reason for my coming to your guide in a more direct sense... I used directions and mod-lists from your packs to figure out what I wanted to use after my STEP Extended Install, at least for the most part, and had a pretty solid setup going - was getting the occasional CTD, but otherwise really solid framerate and smooth gameplay, but CACO, and the hope that perhaps these modular patches might help sort out that CTD issue, brought me here)

Occasional CTD's will probably always happen, no matter what you do. Skyrim isn't that stable in my experience. In the guides I often write install all relevant patches, which means install all patches for other mods that you use. Sometimes you need to use a patch even though it looks like I provide a similar patch.

- Is there a decent user-friendly guide to conflict resolution?

This is kind of an introduction:

https://youtu.be/rqAvJKGdPbU

From STEP:

https://wiki.step-project.com/Basics_of_Resolving_Conflicts

The best way to learn is to start resolving conflicts yourself. If you install SR:LE and create your conflict resolution patch yourself following Neovalens step-by-step guide you'll probably be able to do it yourself, but it takes time to install and build the patch:

https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Neovalen/Skyrim_Revisited_-_Legendary_Edition

- Are there some general principles behind the organization of mods in the left pane? I understand the basics of priority, but in terms of attempting to create my own pack, I'm not always 100% which mods should be taking precedence.

First, read the STEP MO guide on prioroties:

https://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Mod_Organizer#Priorities

Use MO's feature of listing conflicts between mods. The lightning icon with a + means the mod overwrites files from another mod, a lightning icon with a - means that files in the mod is getting overwritten by another mod. Select a mod and other mods will turn green or red, indicating that they are getting overwritten or overrides the selected mod. Double click a mod and check the conflicts tab for details on what is getting overwritten to figure out the mod order.

On Immersive Creatures;

- Last I played with it, which was not long ago, you could only disable "lore-unfriendly" creatures, and the nature of "lore-friendliness" is a bit contentious in terms of how the author sees it, as I understand.  I was playing on the lore purist version when I came across that werewolf skinned as a Daedroth, that provided me with werewolf hide, and meat.  It's not terrible or anything, it just felt out of place in the world.

In the MCM menu of IC there are toggles for each creature of the mod

MLU;

- Every mod I listed there are the mods I'm using in addition to STEP: Core.  There are maybe 3-5 mods that I use that I haven't seen in your/smile44's packs (Unlimited Bookshelves, Mammoth Manor, Immersive Horses (way better than Convenient, if you ask me... though admittedly, slightly less convenient) Dawngaurd Arsenal, Morrowind's Legendary Rings, Legendary Artifacts, and Loot and Degradation).

- now I know I'd have to take out Legendary Artifacts as MLU does it's own artifact re-balancing, I'm fine with that.  Unlimited Bookshelves/Mammoth Manor I can't imagine there'd be an issue? Pretty sure MLR places it's rings in the world, so I don't see why there'd be a conflict there?  If Dawngaurd arsenal and that Paladin armor/quest mod don't work, I'd drop them in a heartbeat too (though I do particularly like the look of the DG Arsenal stuff).  Loot and Degredation maybe an issue?  I know it is changing NPC leveled lists so they can have access to tempered weapons and stuff?  That one I really don't want to let go of.  Anyway, it doesn't seem like it should be THAT big a deal?  But I don't know, and I don't really know how to tell.  I am willing to learn these things, it's just... guides help.  I'm not a programmer, and highly technical information goes over my head sometimes - I need it spelled out.

You can switch to immersive from convenient horses. I provide a patch for it. Dawnguard arsenal probably needs patching if it places weapons in the world.It won't cause any issues other than placing higher grade loot that MLU would have removed. Mammoth Manor/unlimited bookshelves are probably ok, but check for conflicts in TES5Edit after you checked the intro video I linked above. Loot and degradation is in my pack Skyrim Gameplay Rebalance and causes no issues.

Just wanted to pop back again and say thanks again. This is as stable as I've ever had my game. Been playing for a few weeks now and I sure as **** will not be touching my load order!

Well done, thank you

Thanks! Good to hear.

High Level Enemies - SIC Edition
Description: Lets enemies continue to level up to provide challenge to players at higher levels. This function is already included for some enemies with OBIS and Skyrim Immersive Creatures. HLE extendeds this feature to even more creatures, even some that might be a little absurd (like mudcrabs and skeevers.
Author: Dalquist
Optionals: Install High level enemies Falskaar if you use Faslkaar. 
Special instructions: If you use Morrowloot Ultimate, download my replacement plugin and let it overwrite the original mod

wondering what you mean with the "special instructions" line; essentially, merge your HLE MLU with HLE SIC? or just remove HLE SIC and use your mod instead?

decided to use Immersive Creatures, and am getting rid of as many mods not in your packs as I can, as well as incorporating a couple more from them.  still don't want to use everything though - as long as I'm not using much more, specifically conflicting mods, I should be okay yes?  Essentially - don't want to let go of; Better Bookshelves, Realistic Humanoid Movement Speed, Predator Vision and Dawngaurd Arsenal - none of which seem like they should cause major conflicts?

Option a) Install HLE SIC edition. Install my replacement plugin as a new mod a place it under the original HLE SIC edition in MO

Optopn b) Install HLE SIC edition. Install my replacement plugin as an update to HLE SIC edition which means that the file from my replacement plugin will overwrite the same file in HLE SIC edition.

Q: Better Bookshelves, Realistic Humanoid Movement Speed, Predator Vision and Dawngaurd Arsenal - none of which seem like they should cause major conflicts?

A: Check these mods in TES5edit for conflicts. If they overwrite each other and you are uncertain of what the conflicts mean, take a screenshot and post it on these forums. I and others will be happy to help you. If you can't figure out how to do it, I can check for you.

• +1 1

Cant thank you enough for your patience and advice here. I've decided to smarten up and am now using many more mods from your packs, and have followed all instructions to a T. Gotten familiar with the basics of Merge Plugins, and I'm not sure why I was so intimidated. Had used the script in the past, and the standalone is as easy if not easier, and more comprehensive.

I'm just about ready to merge your modular patches, but I'm stuck on the troubleshooting part with TTR Light Armor. Each time I build the merge, I get a Papyrus error listed in MO, specifically:

ERROR (20:09:52.0855): failed to inject into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Papyrus Compiler\PapyrusCompiler.exe: failed to access thread context. Please note that Mod Organizer does not support 64bit binaries! (The parameter is incorrect. [87])

I do somewhat remember choosing a 64 bit option when installing something recently, perhaps champollion? or Merge Plugins?

The result is that - while everything seems to work fine, part/all of the "unhindered" perk just doesnt get copied at all to the merge. Tell me that I don't need to re-install Champollion as 32 bit and then re-build all my merges, as they are all essentially unreliable! lol.

EDIT - I did indeed download the 64 bit Champolion. Removed, installed 32bit version...

EDIT#2 - I am a fool.  First, I had missed the line about the manual install of TTRSO in the guide, so I was using the non-DLC versions.  Second, I think I solved my problem, which seemed to remain even after merging the proper plugins - the numbering of the Unhindered perk differed for me than shown in the picture, and it was not in the same row as the message in the opposite column; I had to drag it up and over, and it seemingly worked?  Seemed intuitively wrong...

Still wondering about the necessity to rebuild earlier merges because of the 64bit Champolion thing.

Edited by baronaatista

Cant thank you enough for your patience and advice here. I've decided to smarten up and am now using many more mods from your packs, and have followed all instructions to a T. Gotten familiar with the basics of Merge Plugins, and I'm not sure why I was so intimidated. Had used the script in the past, and the standalone is as easy if not easier, and more comprehensive.

I'm just about ready to merge your modular patches, but I'm stuck on the troubleshooting part with TTR Light Armor. Each time I build the merge, I get a Papyrus error listed in MO, specifically:

ERROR (20:09:52.0855): failed to inject into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Papyrus Compiler\PapyrusCompiler.exe: failed to access thread context. Please note that Mod Organizer does not support 64bit binaries! (The parameter is incorrect. [87])

I do somewhat remember choosing a 64 bit option when installing something recently, perhaps champollion? or Merge Plugins?

The result is that - while everything seems to work fine, part/all of the "unhindered" perk just doesnt get copied at all to the merge. Tell me that I don't need to re-install Champollion as 32 bit and then re-build all my merges, as they are all essentially unreliable! lol.

EDIT - I did indeed download the 64 bit Champolion. Removed, installed 32bit version...

EDIT#2 - I am a fool.  First, I had missed the line about the manual install of TTRSO in the guide, so I was using the non-DLC versions.  Second, I think I solved my problem, which seemed to remain even after merging the proper plugins - the numbering of the Unhindered perk differed for me than shown in the picture, and it was not in the same row as the message in the opposite column; I had to drag it up and over, and it seemingly worked?  Seemed intuitively wrong...

Still wondering about the necessity to rebuild earlier merges because of the 64bit Champolion thing.

I was feeling bad for taking so long to answer but you seem to have figured it out yourself. I don't think you need to remake any previous merges. I'm no expert with Merge Mods but since MO can't use 64-bit applications, I don't think the Papyrus Compiler was needed in any of your previous merges. If it was, I'm thinking you should have gotten that error message.

So I finished everything, and the game is playing fantastic.  All your stuff is working together beautifully (of course).  I really can't thank you enough for creating these packs, the patches, and for all your advice here.  If you have a patreon or something I'd be very happy to make a donation.

I think though I may have a conflict with PNENB/its patch for CoT/TS/AOS/ESS/NLA and perhaps your ELE patches, or some of the other ELE patches.  Everything seems to work fine, except nights and dungeons are just about vanilla brightness, whereas before your modular patches I had my nights and dungeons nice and dark, like I like them.  Of course I don't know for sure as I have yet to seriously investigate all those links for learning conflict resolution you so graciously provided for me.

My one thought is - I used PNENB mostly because of the patch for AOS and CoT/TS - which seems redundant if it's not working with your stuff.  In game, I'm a little underwhelmed by the effects, and I've seen videos of Vividian that make me seriously think about it.  However, the weather and lighting STEP pack by smile44 and hishutup (which uses Vividian) has been abandoned.  Essentially, I'd rather install Vividian, ideally with CoT/True Storms, but I'm not sure how I'd go about getting it working with STEP.  I'm aware SRLE uses (I guess Vivid weathers now, which looks great).... unsure about compatibility.  

I'm looking for advice - ditch PNENB I'm pretty much sold on.  From there,  I mean SRLE uses AOS and ELE just the same as STEP, and seems to only recommend fairly basic installation - I took a cursory glance through the conflict resolution sub section, and didn't see anything pertaining to Vivid weathers?  It was a cursory glance mind you, as it seems odd to me that a major weather overhaul would have no conflicts with ELE/ELFX/AOS (though it does say on it's page its super compatible). 

I suppose the easier, guided method is to switch over to SRLE, but there is a decent amount of stuff going on there that I'm not interested in, I'd have to switch over my entire modular section from your patches, and create my own conflict resolution patch, all for an ENB and a weather mod to finish off my own Legendary Skyrim install.

Is there anyone working on or thinking about a weather/lighting pack for STEP 2.2.9.2?  Is it foolish to think that I, a layman, could do my own conflict resolution between CoT/TS/ESS/AOS/ELE (I suppose plus STEP patch and your patches) with Vividian ENB?  or simply with Vivid weathers/STEP/modular patches and Vividian?

Also, I realize that weather/lighting is not part of your packs, so if I'm being annoying and asking stupid questions, or if I should be asking them elsewhere, feel free to tell me to piss off.

Thanks for your nice words and glad it's working out!

The weather and lighting pack isn't up to date afaik. I would recommend Vivid Weather as you suggested. It replaces CoT as it features replacements for all weathers included in CoT. It also features an excellent ENB with an MCM menu where you can set the interior/night brightness/darkness of the ENB. It solves the conflicts with AOS by itself and has 1 conflict with the STEP patch for which I have made a patch. I just need to check thas it works with the latest version of Vivid Weathers. You'll find it in a few hours in my modular patches in the SR:LE section. It will work with STEP:Core, STEP:Extended or SR:LE. You won't need any other weather mods, if you don't want to use True Storms when Vivid Weathers becomes compatible with it. There are no conflicts between STEP and True Storms that won't be solved by Vivid Weathers (I'm guessing here...).

To sum it up: Use STEP Core or Extended. Add the packs you need. Add the modular patches you need and include the SRLE__Vivid Weathers patch in the merge.

Hey dreadflopp.  I downloaded the modular patches, which says it was updated an hour ago, but none of the files indicates that it was updated.  I just wanted to check which files were new/updated and to make sure that they were included in the package.  Thanks.

I updatrd the ordinator patch (STEPCore__Ordinator.esp, STEPExt__Ordinator.esp, SRLE__Ordinator.esp) and added patches to the other mods folder.

One more time, thankyouthankyouthankyou.

Installed Vivid Weathers+ENB, my game has never looked better.  The fogs, clouds, and snow effects from this mod are truly beautiful.  Haven't seen rain yet, but I'm sure it's purty too.  

Love that I can tweak interior/night brightness and saturation in MCM.

Seemingly all of my problems solved, and with less plugins, equal performance, and better quality.  Really amazing.

Hi 

I have little problem with mod pack. I am using legendary revisited, skyrim rebalance, deleveled loot and dovahkiin reborn. I removed sr conflict resolution patch, and install step mods, the first pass of modular patchs. And finally i choose my modular patchs and merged. But some npc are naked in game. Most of time is a mage enemy. I saw the sr conflict resolution patch solve problem with  00105EF9 LITemWarlockRobes.

Has anyone had this problem? How to solve it? Sorry my bad english

Thx

Hi 

I have little problem with mod pack. I am using legendary revisited, skyrim rebalance, deleveled loot and dovahkiin reborn. I removed sr conflict resolution patch, and install step mods, the first pass of modular patchs. And finally i choose my modular patchs and merged. But some npc are naked in game. Most of time is a mage enemy. I saw the sr conflict resolution patch solve problem with  00105EF9 LITemWarlockRobes.

Has anyone had this problem? How to solve it? Sorry my bad english

Thx

Is it in a new game? If it's not, open the console, select the npc and type resetinventory. If it is, I'll check to see what could be the cause of this. It haven't had naked npc's except when I update/add mods on an existing save. In this case, it is solved by resetting the npc's inventory.