Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

Aww I'm glad I'm doing an install right now to switch!

Better performance = yes

Unrelated but in previous installs the nmc medium texture pack has mostly worked except for a lot of annoying flickering (the thing that sticks out most is during a bad install where the sky be and a 101 jumpsuit!)

I have more than enough vram and all the memory stuff so what's the explanation?

The Flickering vault 101 texture replacing parts of buildings makes me think that the vaultsuit is some kind of rolling over Texture that pops up when the game is having trouble rendering something. I've never installed it throughn nmm only manual so maybe that will make a difference? Interestingly objects are fine but walls buildings and Windows flickered like a bug zapper.

If not I could go to small but I would feel like a putz.

You know I was thinking that once I finally have a stable enough load order and some actual playtime under my belt that maybe I could make a little sub pack or something for a set of cool little mods I've found. Probably call it just the little things or something like that.

Thoughts. Sorry for babbleing a bit...

Edited by Van555

I've decided to test of merge of all the advanced recon and detect trap assets possible to see if it all works. My goals is to get down to the 90 plugins or so with extras and see if can actually be a stable game. If it can then I think it will be helpful in some way...besides being able to actually play the thing for the first time in 3 months.

I may accidentally be making this a blog thing but my search for perfection drives me to write these notes on this terminal...

[Mushroom cloud explodes]

I can only hope my loot eons from now is of use.

I've started messing with Merge Plugins Standalone. It's stupid simple to use. With GamerPoets vid it's even stupider simpler to use. Now I just need to port every merge over. Sounds like a long night a head. 

Has anyone used Project REality with the guide before? I forget if I've asked this question before, but I'd like to know. I want to use get on that weather page soon. I might just do it anyways with just Nevada Skies and RWLE.

Yeah, that application works great. I'm going to start implementing it's use in the guide tomorrow. I've already started porting some of the merges in commented out sections.

I've also started porting bash tags for Mator Smash, but it doesn't seem to support CREA records yet, so I'll wait for that one to get a little further along. 

Not sure why I'm going down the F&L rabbit hole again. Haven't found the bottom yet. 

Ess, now that we have RWLE in the guide officially instead of Nevada Skies (I had already made this switch a while back and remember another change that I made as a result) there is a Nevada Skies patch within the installation of ILO.  I'm noticing in my installation that I had removed that, so you might want to look into that and possibly remove that from the guide also if that's a good move.

EDIT: Also, I think there should be a Willow and YUP patch included in the installation of ILO too because I have those in my installation.

There are already instructions for installing the YUP patch, and the NVInteriors one has been replaced by my own patch, which is compatible with NVInteriors Rewritten (and downloaded from that page).

The Willow patch I don't know where you got from, but simply including it because you have in your installation isn't really going to work as I have nothing to link to. It was not included when the guide used I.L.O. 6.8.1 or with the new 6.9 version.

There are already instructions for installing the YUP patch, and the NVInteriors one has been replaced by my own patch, which is compatible with NVInteriors Rewritten (and downloaded from that page).

The Willow patch I don't know where you got from, but simply including it because you have in your installation isn't really going to work as I have nothing to link to. It was not included when the guide used I.L.O. 6.8.1 or with the new 6.9 version.

I think he meant that ILO has a patch for Willow and that patch would probably be good to add to the ILO instructions. I think I left it out because the BAshed Patch will patch the record without the additional plugin. 

So, I'm loaded up on 4 cups of coffee and beginning to port the merges over to the standalone utility. Also, I'll be adding the Generate Bash Tag script into the merging instructions since it's way easier and I'll be moving away from Wrye Flash as Mator Smash develops.

I found a FNV bug last night in Mator Smash though, so gonna have to wait until at least v0.3 for that to work. It doesn't recognize CREA records since they don't even exist in Skyrim.

STEP is pretty much frozen while we switch our files over to Mega from Copy. We have a rather large share to migrate, so I'll be working on F&L all weekend.  ::D:

How is NVBIII? I haven't played through it yet? Was there any glaring issues with the mod? Same for The Inheritance.

My list of testing mods so far is going to be:

1. NVBIII
  2. King of the Ring
  3. The Inheritance
  4. Deserters Fortress
  5. Semi-transparent glass doors
  6. Lunette
  7. Both skill book replacers
  8. Reunited and it feels good
  9. Honest Hears Expasions
  10. ACES
  11. Regional Slots Expanded Gambling
  12. The Executive Ranch
  13. MP-48 Medic Armor
  14. Probably a bunch more armors
  15. More Challenges
  16. If it wasn't for Betsy remastered
  17. Some other stuff that I'm forgetting...

Like always I end up doing about a third of what I set out to do, but that's okay. If you have suggestions then let me know.

Also, will be lining up some stuff to drop. Probably DEIMOS, a few game play mods, and maybe couple other things that I haven't made up my mind about.